Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo cooked U20s for $44/lb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Industrial revolution has flipped the bitch on evolution.
You're welcome. :colbert:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Walk Away posted:

Little Walk Away just started Kindergarten and they are already doing a fundraiser. Of course they tell them that if they sell 25 things they get to go on a limo ride to a special lunch and goddammit why do I have to buy 25 things from this drat website?!

At least they had a silicone basting brush and a bench scraper like I have been needing but jesus christ. Every other cooking thing has Paula Deen's soul-less face pasted on it. Not in my house, missy. I prefer a peaceful sleep.

Edit: My life is saved! I can buy 2 lbs. of pre-cooked shrimp for only $76!
http://www.gaschoolstore.com/Store/Product/78/100013?t=1f3ef383-1d9e-4ae3-b047-b2ed2242514d

You can probably pick the kid up in a limo and take (him, her?) to a special dinner for cheaper than 25 items.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Thanks everyone for the group effort!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://www.gaschoolstore.com/Store/Product/78/100007?t=6e5340cd-0ce0-4c3e-b519-0a678fdca6ee

almost $60 for 3 pounds of meatballs, in sauce? :krad:

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

You can probably pick the kid up in a limo and take (him, her?) to a special dinner for cheaper than 25 items.

Not if I make her grandma buy all of it.

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Thanks everyone for the group effort!

:unsmith: Hahahah you rock dude!

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Someone should run a book on how long it takes someone in D&D to buy Wiggles a new title and what it's about.

I reckon it'll be eight days, and it'll be about Julian Assange's recipe for Swedish meatballs.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.

Scientastic posted:

Someone should run a book on how long it takes someone in D&D to buy Wiggles a new title and what it's about.

I reckon it'll be eight days, and it'll be about Julian Assange's recipe for Swedish meatballs.

The recipe will be stolen, poor quality, and slavered upon by ill-informed neckbeards.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

:xd: Let's take Wiggles on a magical adventure! hahaha

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Halalelujah posted:

The recipe will be stolen, poor quality, and slavered upon by ill-informed neckbeards.
But Assange will think that they are near-godly in their excellence and won't hear a word against them.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Halalelujah posted:

And the recipe will actually be a collection of recipes for jello molds, but Assange will keep insisting that they are, in fact, the most meaty of meatballs.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

CuddleChunks posted:

:xd: Let's take Wiggles on a magical adventure! hahaha

Ok. This seems like his taste in music:

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

I think I'd prefer Costco to that.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
Meatballs made of calf tail which has been braised for a long time and then shredded for the 'hamburger' is a little piece of heaven

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH
Is that some birthday dinner?

Me, I'm grilling chickens on the roof for a party tonight, what are y'all getting up to this weekend (I am working until Halal wants to go to the goddamn west indian day parade like a fool and then there are bar parties ["barties" to those in the know] to attend).

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

OH MY GOD GUYS THE PIZZA CONE STORE IS OPEN

Charmmi
Dec 8, 2008

:trophystare:
Say hi to CHEF BOSS GIOVANNI for me. :3:

I might be cooking on a food truck on Monday! This weekend will be spent scrambling to figure out how to get everything ready.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wonder if Chef Boss knows what Chef means.

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Maybe he meant to put Chief Boss.

Edit: Wanna share a Sweetheart Pizza cone with me, sweet thang?

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
All of the product shots look like they need medical attention.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Stop being so negative, how could something made with a machine like this go wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EGrIsFYzo8

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??

Vegetable Melange posted:

Is that some birthday dinner?
Ohhh yes..

Add to that some Tripe for starters, carbonara for primi (gently caress that was good), some filled cockerel and some sea bass for secondo and some migle foglie for dessert. Also squid was featured somewhere, but that kinda glided by me under the rosy veil of wine.

I am happy, and now I will go show my wife my appreciation!

Happy Hat fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Aug 31, 2012

kiteless
Aug 31, 2003

with this bracken for a blanket, where these limbs stick out like bones
Going out for some beers. Possibly the Pine Box in Seattle because that is my new favorite place.
Having some folks over for F1. Making some foods and maybe later a fire pit.
Going to a bday party.
Sitting out here drinking beer (and harvesting the zucchini plants that have gone nuts). It's taken over a year from design to finish but I freaking love our tiny slice of paradise backyard, and I will love it even more once the plants all grow and fill out the landscape.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

That's very nice!

Quick question - The girlfriend is bringing home some live clams for supper. I'd like to toss them in the pan (in shell) with olive oil/garlic/tomatoes and serve on linguine. So do I boil the clams first, or just rinse and then into the hot oil they go? Forgive the silly question, but it's been a long time since I've been able to cook with fesh bivalves.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Mr. Wiggles posted:

That's very nice!

Quick question - The girlfriend is bringing home some live clams for supper. I'd like to toss them in the pan (in shell) with olive oil/garlic/tomatoes and serve on linguine. So do I boil the clams first, or just rinse and then into the hot oil they go? Forgive the silly question, but it's been a long time since I've been able to cook with fesh bivalves.

Scrub them well then into the oil, then throw in a splash of white wine to get a bit of steam in there!

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

Scrub them well then into the oil, then throw in a splash of white wine to get a bit of steam in there!

Ah, that's what I was missing. Thanks!

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Remember to check them when they open, sometimes you get some dead ones.

Holy poo poo Kiteless, JEALOUS! My backyard is a poo poo hole compared to that.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Squashy Nipples posted:

Holy poo poo Kiteless, JEALOUS! My backyard is a poo poo hole compared to that.
Yeah, that's lovely. Where are you?

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Squashy Nipples posted:

Yeah, just knock any open ones against the sink to see if they close themselves before cooking em.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

kiteless that is a beautiful backyard!

hey guys I bought steaks from the sketchy meat truck! despite the fact the one dude tried to tell me their hamburger was dry aged for four years, I bought some decent-looking cuts for fairly cheap. I'll throw some on the grill tomorrow and report back!

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Wroughtirony posted:

hey guys I bought steaks from the sketchy meat truck!!

Don't die :ohdear:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Wroughtirony posted:

kiteless that is a beautiful backyard!

hey guys I bought steaks from the sketchy meat truck! despite the fact the one dude tried to tell me their hamburger was dry aged for four years, I bought some decent-looking cuts for fairly cheap. I'll throw some on the grill tomorrow and report back!

:neckbeard: I did that recently! 2 really nice looking little steaks for the price. :nms: Then I found maggots or worms or something hanging out all over one of the steaks, frozen to death, when I yanked it out to defrost it! They both went in the trash. Please don't die :(

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Folks, i think the lesson is clear: don't buy cheap meat. Someone or something has paid for it to cost so little.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Wrought for god's sake, you KNOW your luck. Please don't die. D:

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

If you die, can I have your stuff? Including any leftover meat.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

What about free meat though? I have a chest freezer full of free meat that I've been eating for the last month and a half.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Not dead yet. We went out for burgers today so we're putting off trucksteak until tomorrow or Monday.

I did have a delicious but potentially lethal dessert called a "cheesecakeadilla" though. Totally stealing the idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
so I've been with this girl 4 years today. for our 'anniversary', she gifted me/us this fuckin awesome picnic tote thing, filled with a bunch of expensive stinky rear end cheese, pate, cured meats, baguette from an awesome bakery, and other stuff. complete with a bottle of champagne, a bottle of sauternes, and sparkling water.

think I've found a keeper GWS, think I've found a keeper.

http://www.picnicworld.net/picnic-bags-318280.html