Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blooot
Mar 19, 2001

That airdam is doing a good job of hiding the oil pan's lack of ground clearance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Aug 31, 2012

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Who builds something like that, takes a few steps back and says "you know with this needs? Some really huge decals down the sides and a gigantic sticker on the windshield.....because it just doesn't stand out enough on its own".

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I have no idea, I get your point completely.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Aug 31, 2012

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Motronic posted:

Who builds something like that, takes a few steps back and says "you know with this needs? Some really huge decals down the sides and a gigantic sticker on the windshield.....because it just doesn't stand out enough on its own".

What's really confusing is why the lettering on the side is mirrored, and it's not mirrored on the windshield. I thought the image itself was mirrored, but the license plate is right so no dice. What the heck?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Sudo Echo posted:

What's really confusing is why the lettering on the side is mirrored, and it's not mirrored on the windshield. I thought the image itself was mirrored, but the license plate is right so no dice. What the heck?

But on the up side....duck tail. Unf.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

(take a second look at this, it's not what you think it is)

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Aug 31, 2012

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

The amount of engineering in the R18 is seriously breathtaking sometimes.

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

Thank you, thank you so much for the beautiful collection.

Cygni posted:

The amount of engineering in the R18 is seriously breathtaking sometimes.

I'm struggling to understand the smaller turbines on the side of the engine block, perchance can anyone shed some light?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
I'm impressed he's gotten that past the DMV for so long (4 months)

nm fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Aug 31, 2012

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

thealphabetsez posted:

I'm struggling to understand the smaller turbines on the side of the engine block, perchance can anyone shed some light?

The R18 is single turbo, I think what you're looking at are the water pumps.

nm posted:

I'm impressed he's gotten that past the DMV for so long (4 months)

With the wheels?

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Unf. I don't know what's better, the Porsche itself or the ironic combination of dozens of Vettes and the "JAPANESE CAR CORRAL" sign in the background.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

2ndclasscitizen posted:

With the wheels?
Look at the plates. Now imagine you're looking at it in a mirror.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

BlackMK4 posted:

(take a second look at this, it's not what you think it is)

:golfclap: Took me a second.

e: and this VVVV :doh:

nm posted:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

nm posted:

Hahaha, I didn't even notice that. Niiiice.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

ChlamydiaJones posted:

I find this awesome because I'd always wondered why there were chains hanging underneath the rear differential of vehicles like school buses and other trucks. I assume that you guys already know this but just in case someone doesn't I think the answer should be shared. The engineering is straightforward but the thought process that came up with the idea in the first place just kills me. Makes me feel like a completely uncreative idiot. I had to actually see it in action to understand what the hell was going on.

Gentlefolk I present you with; the RUD ROTOGRIP Fahrzeugintegration;

Here it is in action;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2la-N1OoPg

That's absolutely brilliant. I had no clue what they were for. I wonder if this can be applied to regular cars.

toaster_pastry
Apr 30, 2004

against all authority
I took these photos at the 2004 100aw rally in Salem Missouri. You know, back when SCCA still sanctioned real stage rally.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

It's got everything a rock album cover should have. Lightning, screaming beasts and a mid 80s Mazda 626

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
What in the actual gently caress is going on there?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

OK, tell me how many organs you want, I need this car...

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I know it's the very opposite of stanced, but I miss this old riceburner.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

You Am I posted:

It's got everything a rock album cover should have. Lightning, screaming beasts and a mid 80s Mazda 626

Holy poo poo, it's my first car!

(Though it might be an '86. My 1985 had sealed beams, the '86 and up had composite headlamps.)

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Quite the influx of tuner diesels in here.

quote:

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Aug 31, 2012

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

beedeebee posted:

OK, tell me how many organs you want, I need this car...

It can be all yours for the low price of $141 (it's a very well done model).

edit: Proof

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Aug 31, 2012

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Safety Dance posted:

I know it's the very opposite of stanced, but I miss this old riceburner.

Oh hell yes! MSP's are on the right side of crazy from Mazda's fleet of cars passed. I have looked to see what they go for locally since I picked up my speed6 and would love to have one to start completing the family. :)

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Shamelessly taken from the Du Point Registry FB page

more at http://www.facebook.com/dupontregistryautos

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Oh hell yes! MSP's are on the right side of crazy from Mazda's fleet of cars passed. I have looked to see what they go for locally since I picked up my speed6 and would love to have one to start completing the family. :)

Oh it was a hoot and a half. 4:20 spin at least one front wheel every day. Probably in a few years I'll start looking for Mazdaspeed Miatas.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Spotted by my boss.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
That's one way to deal with tailgaters I guess

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

:catstare:

Herr FLSH
Feb 10, 2006

Handiklap
Aug 14, 2004

Mmmm no.
Caught this late model Avanti (90s, probably Firebird based?) crusing around town. If I ever see it parked I'll make sure to chat the guy up, I think I may have made his day when I gave him the "Is it OK if I take a picture of your car?" gesture.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

All covered in grime and war wounds.

:allears:

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

Oh yeah, that's good.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Someone posted this in my G+ stream today. :stare:

Mid engined, RWD, H22 powered teggy. I'm really curious how it drives and expected it to be horrid but the builder is apparently a NASA driving instructor so it can't be too bad.

Article linky

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

sports
Sep 1, 2012
Volvo P1800ES parked behind another P1800ES. Between them is a Ferrari behind a hedge.

Not pictured: P1800S parked in front of green P1800ES, and P1800S parked in driveway next door.

These have been parked for probably 3 years now. The paint's rough, but the guy keeps air in all of their tires.

sports fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Sep 1, 2012

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Someone posted this in my G+ stream today. :stare:

Mid engined, RWD, H22 powered teggy. I'm really curious how it drives and expected it to be horrid but the builder is apparently a NASA driving instructor so it can't be too bad.

Article linky

http://www.team-integra.net/forum/19-projects-diy-article-talk/66688-94-gsr-mid-engine-rwd-h22a4-conversion.html
Build thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
There has been a severe and deadly lack of American Iron in this here thread. I'm here to rectify this situation.
This is a teaser.

(Pontiac, by the way)

See, there's this garage I pass every day on my way home. And every day, I say, eh, I'll take a photo of it someday. Well, here's what they had today. Lot of things were missing, but what the heck.

The reason I call this a teaser? Because I took the pictures on the way to cruise night. Every Saturday. Wait till you get a load of this.