Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Someone let me in on the 959 above, what is it since apparently at least one other person gets the joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

Can somebody explain this to me

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Steve French posted:

BANEEEEE! :argh:

Dr 14 INCH DICK Md posted:

Someone let me in on the 959 above, what is it since apparently at least one other person gets the joke.

It's a mirror.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Steve French posted:

The car closest to the camera is stripped out and hass a roll bar. It's obviously from a movie set.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

ash with a five posted:

It's a mirror.

Dr 14 INCH DICK Md posted:

It's not a 959, it's a 969 prototype. I guess no one else actually got that though. :v:

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Steve French posted:

Use of unnecessary force in the apprehension of the Blues Brothers has been approved.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
Welcome to my neighborhood.

I'm pretty sure I didn't get everything there, and more stuff was arriving.

Yeah, he got the right plate for this one.

Hm. Just noticed that Vette. Outa what? Time?

There's always a Vette row, and a Mustang row. I don't think I got a shot of Mustang Row. All new models.

Ah. Outamywy.

I'm going to break this post here.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
Now, it's not all American stuff here.

This one was interesting. Fordillac. Chopped. Channeled. Frenched. Lowered.

I think this shot best exemplifies the area.

God, this was huge.

80 years young, man.

Bishop here shook the parking lot.

Little something for the truck fans.

Dig the old logo.

Hog Obituary
Jun 11, 2006
start the day right
Hey guys should I buy this porch timbo
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pors...=item2a213d1ae4

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Yes. Though nobody in the US can rebuild Leda shocks.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Nissan juke gt: check

911: check

Slow motion: check

Pure awesome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_q-BZTUBCA check!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Don't know anything about it, but I saw this picture and...

omgitstheinternet
Apr 28, 2005

Money, Clothes, and Hoes;
All a Nigga Knows

stump
Jan 19, 2006

glyph posted:

I think drunk, rich Eastern Europeans is the back story.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Handiklap posted:

Caught this late model Avanti (90s, probably Firebird based?) crusing around town. If I ever see it parked I'll make sure to chat the guy up, I think I may have made his day when I gave him the "Is it OK if I take a picture of your car?" gesture.

I got a picture of the same one one like that at a car show north of Philadelphia a few weeks ago. It's a Camaro and it belongs in this thread about as much as a PT Cruiser. (No windshield words on yours)

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

glyph posted:

Amusingly, the latest quote I saw about the new Range Rover is that the interior can be specced to be on a par with a Bentley.

I think in that situation I'd have just grabbed a couple of girls and done an impromptu video shoot to one-up carstuckgirls.

plecostomus
Oct 17, 2009

Toned down for your pleasure
Well now here's a thing

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Co-Winners of the "Most Likely To Burn The Car Show To The Ground" award.

Real Cobra owned by the guy that invented Pong. He knew everything about the Noble; huge car nut. He mentioned when he bought the Cobra in 1976 the lot he bought it at also had a 427 SC and a Gullwing for sale. He wished now he bought all 3.

Sure wish I knew how to take a decent photo. Ended up driving over 70 miles through the Santa Cruz mountains. This car is more satisfying to drive than the Lotus.

sports
Sep 1, 2012
following up former post with another shooting bork

It's my wallpaper.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

plecostomus posted:

Well now here's a thing

This is what happens when someone in high school gets a BMW bought for them.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Comrade Flynn posted:

Sure wish I knew how to take a decent photo. Ended up driving over 70 miles through the Santa Cruz mountains. This car is more satisfying to drive than the Lotus.
Cliffs: Polarizer, drop down level with car instead of shooting down at it, early morning or late day.

Terrible-rear end picture, but here is a Noble I saw three years ago.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Sep 3, 2012

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Saw a couple of cars today, unfortunately I only had my 135mm with me.

The Mondial was cool but the Stingray was just so perfect I almost didn't notice the Ferrari when I saw it later.

Bobby_Wokkerfella
Apr 16, 2007

i am a black female myself and i am not good of can't sporting another black person who doesn't look black,like other brothas and sistas

Some guy just taking the Delorean out to the hardware store, owner came up to me after seeing me taking photos, popped the gullwings and shot the poo poo a little bit about it, then more people started wandering over after they realised what it was (bonus wagon action in the background).

British plates (Diplomat?) on a Jaaag spotted in Newfarm.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Steve French posted:

Use of unnecessary violence in the apprehension of the Blues Brothers has been approved.

e:f;b by a million years

Boomerjinks fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Sep 3, 2012

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Boomerjinks posted:

Use of unnecessary violence in the apprehension of the Blues Brothers has been approved.

So are you going to try and sell the joke you just recycled from the top of the page or are you done with that racket?

XtaC
Feb 17, 2011
Giving my 951 some new feet.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
KU31's? Have them on my s15. Pretty drat good for the price.

QLD too, where you at?

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Bobby_Wokkerfella posted:

British plates (Diplomat?) on a Jaaag spotted in Newfarm.
Despite still being on a UK plate it shows as being exported on the DVLA website (and it isn't taxed or insured in the UK). I thought diplomatic cars would have a plate issued by the country it resides in, too?

XtaC
Feb 17, 2011

Puddin posted:

KU31's? Have them on my s15. Pretty drat good for the price.

QLD too, where you at?

Maryborough, and yup, they were pretty decent tires.

durty
Jan 28, 2009

stump posted:

Despite still being on a UK plate it shows as being exported on the DVLA website (and it isn't taxed or insured in the UK). I thought diplomatic cars would have a plate issued by the country it resides in, too?
maybe Australia has some obscure rule like in NZ. If your car has current mot and tax in the uk then you can drive it in new Zealand until that expires and then it needs to be vinned

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGBZSPuO7Jk

First thought after this video: this is awesome!
Then boring-me took over and began thinking: what if all those people have to leave at the same time in the morning? It'd take forever to get out.
Also, it seems like you can't acces your car once it's on your floor. You mean I have to pay 6 million dollar and carry my groceries upstairs because I can't acces my stupid car-storage room from my living room?

ZippySLC
Jun 3, 2002

~what is art, baby dont post, dont post, no more~

no seriously don't post
I wasn't able to get a picture because I was a lane over and it hid behind the car next to me, but I saw one of these tooling around Shrewsbury, NJ yesterday. The one I saw was rusty and red, but I was happy to see it still on the road.

grover
Jan 23, 2002

PEW PEW PEW
:circlefap::circlefap::circlefap:

beedeebee posted:

First thought after this video: this is awesome!
Then boring-me took over and began thinking: what if all those people have to leave at the same time in the morning? It'd take forever to get out.
Also, it seems like you can't acces your car once it's on your floor. You mean I have to pay 6 million dollar and carry my groceries upstairs because I can't acces my stupid car-storage room from my living room?
It's Singapore; every time I think they can't surprise me any worse, they go and do something like this.

Cars are stupid expensive over there; the taxes and registration fees are insane. I'm just wondering why this is necessary in the first place. Why not just have private parking garages in the underground parking deck?

grover fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Sep 3, 2012

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

grover posted:

It's Singapore; every time I think they can't surprise me any worse, they go and do something like this.

Cars are stupid expensive over there; the taxes and registration fees are insane. I'm just wondering why this is necessary in the first place. Why not just have private parking garages in the underground parking deck?

Because obscenely rich people.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I know most of y'all hate stanceworks for no reason but this is the pro clickest article of all time.

http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/09/the-love-of-motorsport-the-rolex-monterey-motorsport-reunion/

Also cheers for the new av.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

KozmoNaut posted:

Because obscenely rich people.

If that guy didn't have millions of dollars, he'd probably be driving an econobox with Timbo badges on it.

Picture:

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

ash with a five posted:

I know most of y'all hate stanceworks for no reason but this is the pro clickest article of all time.

http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/09/the-love-of-motorsport-the-rolex-monterey-motorsport-reunion/

Also cheers for the new av.

There's some nice pics in there but good god do not let your eyes hit any of the text.
"It was a time when race car drivers were the heroes of society, icons of a country, and "players" weren't hip-hop wannabes on a basketball court."
It's like a high school english student jackin off all over the page.
e: Actually, there are very few pictures of the goddamn cars.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
gonna crosspost this from the jeeps thread

(not my jeep)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Reichstag posted:

There's some nice pics in there but good god do not let your eyes hit any of the text.
"It was a time when race car drivers were the heroes of society, icons of a country, and "players" weren't hip-hop wannabes on a basketball court."
It's like a high school english student jackin off all over the page.
e: Actually, there are very few pictures of the goddamn cars.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this.

Krakkles fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Sep 3, 2012