Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

please respond posted:

If you get seen wearing under armor in Oregon you will get sighed at and maybe your car keyed, this is Nike country
We just got some new UA shorts and shirts in at work and I rather like 'em. Some of their stuff may be loving ghastly looking but not everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

please respond posted:

If you get seen wearing under armor in Oregon you will get sighed at and maybe your car keyed, this is Nike country
This is so stupid.

As a bit of a forecast of things to come for City fans, Northern Ireland got a new kit, changing from Umbro to Adidas.

It's nowhere near as good as what Umbro did. I think Umbro have been consistently good in designing nice, clean shirts for a while now, while Nike have produced more utter shite than anyone else.

Oh God I'm sorry Oregon don't shank me :(

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Adidas make some great stuff. Does Nike still own Umbro?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
If Oregon is Nike Country how come the Timbers wear Adidas? :smugbird:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Peanut President posted:

If Oregon is Nike Country how come the Timbers wear Adidas? :smugbird:

Well Adidas has an exclusive contract with all of MLS I guess, but then again Adidas NA is headquartered in Portland

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

please respond posted:

Well Adidas has an exclusive contract with all of MLS I guess, but then again Adidas NA is headquartered in Portland

But isn't Oregon Nike country?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

rats off to ya posted:

But isn't Oregon Nike country?
I think we're getting off topic

Mr Pepper
Nov 29, 2006

:jiggled:Top Class:jiggled:
One of my friends was at the under armour headquarters when they introduced spurs. He said they had the click clack guy do some chant to get them all fired up and then all the employees did a chant too. It all sounded rather embarrassing

adumb
Mar 27, 2004

innocuous metrosexual.
Lipstick Apathy

please respond posted:

Does Nike still own Umbro?

Yes, but Nike is currently in the process of auctioning off Umbro.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Hoops posted:

How can anyone like a kit with a sash, ever. They're all horrible. They cannot be good.

This is a correct opinion.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

adumb posted:

Yes, but Nike is currently in the process of auctioning off Umbro.

Any idea whom would be buying them?

adumb
Mar 27, 2004

innocuous metrosexual.
Lipstick Apathy

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Any idea whom would be buying them?

The auction is bound by NDA, but last I heard it was mostly Asian companies considering bids. Fila and E-Land have been mentioned on several occasions. They both make sense for different reasons.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

This would be nice if it were not for the huge Fila logo on the sleeves.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

adumb posted:

The auction is bound by NDA, but last I heard it was mostly Asian companies considering bids. Fila and E-Land have been mentioned on several occasions. They both make sense for different reasons.

Fila are gonna buy everybody.

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive

ZeeBoi posted:

Embroidered? gently caress yes, that's how you do a 125th kit.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Shrapnac posted:

They must have a pretty big mid-90s trainers fund

Buggerlugs
Aug 27, 2003

"All right, Bellamy came on at Liverpool and did well, but everybody
thinks that he's the saviour, he's Jesus Christ. He's not Jesus Christ"
Our third shirt will get used tonight at home for some reason:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Inspired by a tennis ball.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Why couldn't it just be white? I don't mind the design but the colour is hideous

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

ZeeBoi posted:

Besides the FILA logos this is so nice, that collar is sexy.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Shrapnac posted:

:eng101: it's actually now a Korean brand who reverse-purchased the (originally Italian) company from a holding group in 2007. The headquarters is even now in Seoul I think. Not surprising to see them making moves again.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Other than Soccer Triads where is a good place for knock off tops? I can't get the one I want in a large

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

harperdc posted:

:eng101: it's actually now a Korean brand who reverse-purchased the (originally Italian) company from a holding group in 2007. The headquarters is even now in Seoul I think. Not surprising to see them making moves again.

Yes, and they bought Titleist and all its bells and whistles last year too.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

In hindsight, it wasn't a great idea for Warrior to do photoshoots involving Craig Bellamy or Andy Carroll

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Weaponized Cum posted:

Here's the Peru jersey for next month's Qualifiers

Spiffy

I just wanted to buy this on subsidesports.de and it is looking very different:

It says "12-13 Peru Home Trikot" in the shop as well.

adumb
Mar 27, 2004

innocuous metrosexual.
Lipstick Apathy

Adulterous Hitler posted:

I just wanted to buy this on subsidesports.de and it is looking very different:

It says "12-13 Peru Home Trikot" in the shop as well.

subsidesports.de are lying to you. That's the 2011/12 home kit.

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/NewsAndFeatures/2012/nike-kit-supplier-announcement-030912.aspx

England kits to be Nike from next year. RIP Umbro.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

That's a massive shame. Umbro do quality kits whereas Nike just recycles a bunch of poo poo from team to team.

kippa
Aug 10, 2005

Fry, it's been three days. You can't keep boogie-ing like this. You'll come down with a fever of some sort.

From the BBC: The new deal with Nike, which lasts until 2018, brings a 60-year association with Umbro to an end.

I had no idea it had been 60 years! Definite shame they're switching. I'd like to think that even Nike couldn't gently caress up an England kit, but I'm sure they'll find a way.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

kippa posted:

From the BBC: The new deal with Nike, which lasts until 2018, brings a 60-year association with Umbro to an end.

I had no idea it had been 60 years! Definite shame they're switching. I'd like to think that even Nike couldn't gently caress up an England kit, but I'm sure they'll find a way.

What were Umbro making when England were wearing this in the early 80s then?

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Can't way for Nike to really bring out England in some ugly rear end kit

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Ninpo posted:

Umbro 1954-1974, Admiral 1974-1984, Umbro 1984-2012

So I guess what they mean is almost 60 years, if you ignore that one stupid decade in the middle.

BISCUIT_TINS
Dec 23, 2008

Ninpo posted:

Goddamn that is a nice kit.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

BISCUIT_TINS posted:

Goddamn that is a nice kit.

Yeah it was I had my cousin's hand me down one in infant school, fuckin loved it.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
Got a couple of jerseys in the mail today from one of the dozens of Bornprosper offsprings, pretty happy with my purchase. Took about 10 days all up, i really wish they'd take a little care posting these things though. My package was bunched up into the shape of a ball and the shirts are creased something fierce.

TheIllestVillain fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Sep 5, 2012

Sourpuss
Mar 18, 2007

Chomb Chomb Chomb

TheIllestVillain posted:

Got a couple of jerseys in the mail today from one of the dozens of Bornprosper offsprings, pretty happy with my purchase. Took about 10 days all up, i really wish they'd take a little care posting these things though. My package was bunched up into the shape of a ball and the shirts are creased something fierce.

Be careful, my antivirus is saying theres a few trojans when opening that page

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Somewhat blurry camera phone pics incoming:

:siren: A TINY BOX :siren:

WHAT'S IN THE BOX WHAT'S IN THE BOX WHAT'S IN THE BOX

I guess the players can't win medals so they're giving them to the fans instead.

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?

gently caress off wicka posted:

I guess the players can't win medals so they're giving them to the fans instead.

Such a stupid, useless freebie. I wanted to get some things off the Arsenal shop, but I think I can wait until that promotion is over.

partipo fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Sep 7, 2012

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

gently caress off wicka posted:

Somewhat blurry camera phone pics incoming:

:siren: A TINY BOX :siren:

WHAT'S IN THE BOX WHAT'S IN THE BOX WHAT'S IN THE BOX

This is awful in every single way. From the shirt, to the numbers and lettering(what the gently caress is that??), to the medal for... spending money I guess(insert Premier League joke here ------------------>)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlickingFire
Nov 8, 2011
Wow it may just be the photo but that lettering is utter gash