Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Collateral Damage posted:

The bonnet makes it suitable for this thread though.

Nothing a rattle can of AutoZone's finist couldn't fix in 5 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Nothing a sander and a bottle of vinegar couldn't fix in 1 hour.

VCR 2.0
Oct 5, 2007

Slim Pickens posted:

Nothing a sander and a bottle of vinegar couldn't fix in 1 hour.

They're trying to get it OUT of the thread not keep it in!

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

The Antipop posted:

I love the fact that Florida doesn't have inspections, otherwise I wouldn't get to see stuff like this.

Motronic posted:

Unless I'm missing something that's just ugly but not unsafe at all.

DJ Commie posted:

Its just missing a fender, Saturn's plastic ones are not exactly hard to find or expensive, so its not much of an excuse.
The Saturn S-Series had a spaceframe, much like the Fiero, so the plastic body panels are literally decorational.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

The grille is a little goofy but that's drat good looking even before you find out it's built from scrap.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

Left Ventricle posted:

The Saturn S-Series had a spaceframe, much like the Fiero, so the plastic body panels are literally decorational.
And I guess they weren't lying when they said you can't dent them. Instead, they shatter into a million pieces when hit.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I have an irrational hatred towards this crap.

and I have no clue why only imgur is rotating this thing. It looks fine everywhere else.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Maker Of Shoes posted:

and I have no clue why only imgur is rotating this thing. It looks fine everywhere else.

I don't think there's anything irrational about not liking it when people ruin their cars performance and safety for the sake of looks/being "in" on the "scene"

There was a short video of a Z that had been hellaruined slamming into another scenester car on the freeway after the bead broke, and I wish I could find it now.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Left Ventricle posted:

I'd still fail a proper safety inspection on pedestrian safety grounds, just as a missing bumper or hood would.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Das Volk posted:

I don't think there's anything irrational about not liking it when people ruin their cars performance and safety for the sake of looks/being "in" on the "scene"

There was a short video of a Z that had been hellaruined slamming into another scenester car on the freeway after the bead broke, and I wish I could find it now.

The best part? A Nürburgring decal right above the fart cannon. The rim in the picture was also the one in the best condition. I couldn't tell if he just curbs it everywhere or if the rim is bouncing off asphalt any time he takes a turn any faster than 2mph. loving tool.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

All it needs to do now is blast off into space and hit the moon.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I'd say that an abiding hatred of a vehicle (and irresponsible owner) that's likely to throw the bead at the slightest provocation and spear into oncoming traffic* is far from irrational.

*: Assuming it's also fitted with hellaretarded nonfunctional suspension.

e: f, b

Isn't there some requirement under the highway code that the wheels be completely covered by the wheelarch?

IPCRESS fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Sep 2, 2012

SHAQ4PREZ
Dec 21, 2004

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Economy Car

Das Volk posted:

http://youtu.be/BjUdMmnf0ko

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea
Somebody was super excited about their new bedazzler.

durty
Jan 28, 2009

Cat Terrist posted:

Light weight, power to weight would be incredible, will go like poo poo off a shovel. you REALLY posted this to the wrong thread, that's one hell of a Dazda

I suppose in america that would be the case.

In NZ where its not really that rare and terrible rotor conversions are done all the time the bonnet makes it definitely fit this thread

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?

Maker Of Shoes posted:

The cherry on top is that it looks like an Uncle Mike's holster. Probably 5 bucks after tax and they snag on literally anything.

Nope, this is A Thing. IT's forty bucks.
http://www.gumcreekcustoms.com/

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

nitrogen posted:

Oh God it is a thing. :stare:

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
^

Gum Creek Customs website posted:

Quick and accessible, our universal vehicle handgun mount is great for convenience or personal self-defense while in your vehicle. road rage incidents where your middle finger isn't enough.

I haven't found CCW holders or off-duty law enforcement to be immune to displays of over the top road rage. Making it easier for people to haul their gun out at the drop of a hat while behind the wheel is a bad idea.

Content:

"Glenn Beck is my hero" bumpersticker on a Civic Hybrid :doh:

"Protected by southern pride."

Geoj fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Sep 3, 2012

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
Digging the Fox Racing "drift charm".

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Falkenbok posted:

I'd say that an abiding hatred of a vehicle (and irresponsible owner) that's likely to throw the bead at the slightest provocation and spear into oncoming traffic* is far from irrational.

*: Assuming it's also fitted with hellaretarded nonfunctional suspension.

e: f, b

Isn't there some requirement under the highway code that the wheels be completely covered by the wheelarch?

No? If I recall this whole dumbshit "hellaflush" thing started to get around the requirement that the tire tread couldn't be outside the wheel arch in some European country, and some bozos are just too cheap to widebody a car so they can run phat rimz.

Apparently Wikipedia doesn't have an article on this, but I think its thoughts on what it could be is pretty amusing:

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

durty posted:

I suppose in america that would be the case.

In NZ where its not really that rare and terrible rotor conversions are done all the time the bonnet makes it definitely fit this thread

CT is Australian.

At least the one you posted was a suitable vehicle for a rotary - better than one of these all too common abominations

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Couldn't get a picture but a bumper sticker on a car with MN handicapped plates today: "For sale, one Obama swing". The picture on the sticker was a noose. :catstare:

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

Flyinglemur posted:

Couldn't get a picture but a bumper sticker on a car with MN handicapped plates today: "For sale, one Obama swing". The picture on the sticker was a noose. :catstare:

I have to wonder at what point does that poo poo cross over into "FBI hunting you for threatening the POTUS' life" status?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Oh God it is a thing. :stare:

Oh God, indeed.

quote:

At Gum Creek, we are committed to the highest customer service standards and product reliability, due to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. The way we handle day to day business revolves around this relationship. We give all the honor and glory back to the One who is fully responsible.

Praise the LORD and pass the ammunition!

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
He who lives by the sword will die by the sword. He who lives by the .45 ain't gettin surprised by nothing.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

KozmoNaut posted:

Oh God, indeed.

Praise the LORD and pass the ammunition!

Interstate Batteries is a little heavy on the religion too!

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

MikeyTsi posted:

No? If I recall this whole dumbshit "hellaflush" thing started to get around the requirement that the tire tread couldn't be outside the wheel arch in some European country, and some bozos are just too cheap to widebody a car so they can run phat rimz.

Apparently Wikipedia doesn't have an article on this, but I think its thoughts on what it could be is pretty amusing:

That would be Germany. However, the biannual inspection has pretty strict regulations on how much negative camber you can run as well as how low you can go. They generally don't measure if it's just a little bit of camber and if you are roughly above the minimum ground clearance, but the kind of extreme bullshit you regularly see in the US would get you failed immediately.
They'd likely force you to have your entire suspension measured and certified at an approved shop and then you'd have to get inspected again. All in all, that's probably a four-figure sum right there.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Geoj posted:

^

I haven't found CCW holders or off-duty law enforcement to be immune to displays of over the top road rage. Making it easier for people to haul their gun out at the drop of a hat while behind the wheel is a bad idea.

How about we don't go down this goddamned road, ok? Nobody gives a poo poo about your anecdotal evidence.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Sep 3, 2012

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

yes, that is plush fabric.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I spotted a Skoda Octavia with the tackiest wheels and hellaflush out the wazoo. It had some wonderful stickers on it: "I'm not drunk, just avoiding potholes", "I hate speedbumps", "built, not bought" etc. He must have been awfully proud to drive a lowered Skoda, I guess. I really liked the "I love sushi" with a picture of cunnilingus being performed, very classy indeed. The kicker was the "No fat chicks, tires will rub" sticker, considering that he and his girlfriend were at least 150kg each. I wonder what she thinks.

Unfortunately I couldn't snap a picture. The owner was sitting inside the shop it was parked in front of, sending me the death eyes the whole time.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Sep 3, 2012

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Godholio posted:

How about we don't go down this goddamned road, ok? Nobody gives a poo poo about your anecdotal evidence.

So you have hard evidence that 100% of people with legal exemptions to carry loaded firearms in their cars are immune to road rage, and its impossible to think that they might haul their gun out and point it/shoot it at someone who cut them off (etc.) when its easy to get at?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

How about we shut the gently caress up about whether it is right or wrong to carry guns?

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta
A little hard to tell, but this guy needed to get to Autozone right loving now. (Drove into the front of the building.)

Duct tape Extension cords fix everything.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Left Ventricle posted:

A little hard to tell, but this guy needed to get to Autozone right loving now. (Drove into the front of the building.)

:corsair: I couldn't tell the difference between the brake pedal and gas pedal!

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

Left Ventricle posted:

"Hey, I need pads n' rotors for a 1996 Accord"

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

nitrogen posted:

Wow....just wow. I've cut enough people out of cars to know just how much crap comes loose and flys around when you get hit hard (or hit something hard). Something about having two pounds of presumably loaded pistol ready to fly about the cabin seems like a really bad idea. Of course, lots of idiots run around with them jammed between the seat and center console, so I suppose this is a "better solution."

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Even if it stays right there, I can't imagine it'd do your legs any favours in a crash.

It doesn't even seem like it would be that easy to access. Why not have it on the side of the centre console?

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Black88GTA posted:

"Hey, I need pads n' rotors for a 1996 Accord"

Ha! I lol'ed. Is that ok to say here?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Left Ventricle posted:

Duct tape Extension cords fix everything.

I'm pretty sure 1st gen Altimas came with duct tape and extension cords from the factory for just that reason. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

Motronic posted:

Wow....just wow. I've cut enough people out of cars to know just how much crap comes loose and flys around when you get hit hard (or hit something hard). Something about having two pounds of presumably loaded pistol ready to fly about the cabin seems like a really bad idea. Of course, lots of idiots run around with them jammed between the seat and center console, so I suppose this is a "better solution."

No weapon made in the last half decade will discharge no matter how hard it's struck.

This is just the equivalent of people who drive around with un-anchored subwoofer boxes in their hatchback. Between your legs.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)