Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

E the Shaggy posted:

When are we going to get to the FIREWORKS FACTORY?? :qq:

We are at the fireworks factory. Right now. This fight is it. And there will be no Poochie. Now watch Lazerbot add Poochie as a character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KleyMEN
Sep 3, 2012
Hey everyone, generic lurker here. Finally decided to join your ranks, mainly thanks to ZuljinRaynor.

I've been following this thread since its beginning and it's really amazing to see what this comic has become over the course of time, from 'lol, what the hell is this' to 'hot drat, wonder what's gonna happen next?!'. Amazing work there Lazerbot!

Even though I too also believe that this last fight might have dragged on for too long, it doesn't really bother me that much. It's still filled with lots of funny and 'oh snap' moments that makes this comic unique and appealing in its own way.

Thank you Lazerbot for blessing us with this holy comic and making us smile.

Oh and, I'll leave here these 2 images that I made, hope you'll like them:

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
I kind of wish I had the disposable income to change my avatar and distance myself from this comic, because it's become poo poo-stained balls awful. This never-ending retarded game of back and forth isn't even enjoyable or entertaining on an ironic level. It's just tedious.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

KleyMEN posted:

Hey everyone, generic lurker here. Finally decided to join your ranks, mainly thanks to ZuljinRaynor.

I've been following this thread since its beginning and it's really amazing to see what this comic has become over the course of time, from 'lol, what the hell is this' to 'hot drat, wonder what's gonna happen next?!'. Amazing work there Lazerbot!

Even though I too also believe that this last fight might have dragged on for too long, it doesn't really bother me that much. It's still filled with lots of funny and 'oh snap' moments that makes this comic unique and appealing in its own way.

Thank you Lazerbot for blessing us with this holy comic and making us smile.

Oh and, I'll leave here these 2 images that I made, hope you'll like them:

It's a little too big, at 12.1kb, max being 10. Dimensions are fine, really, if you remove the chewing and have him just endlessly hucking Cheetos in his mouth it'd both be fitting and probably hit below 10kb

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
I really do not like Demaro.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Almost Smart posted:

I kind of wish I had the disposable income to change my avatar and distance myself from this comic, because it's become poo poo-stained balls awful. This never-ending retarded game of back and forth isn't even enjoyable or entertaining on an ironic level. It's just tedious.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Almost Smart posted:

Ahahaha. Dude, I don't really like this fight either but I'm not afraid my gangtag will sully my good internet name. Way to get mad about a webcomic, though. :thumbsup:

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
The fight mainly sucks because Garry's actually pretty entertaining but Demaro's basically a 14-year-old's "badass" character and he pretty much pulls a new use for his powers out of his rear end every other page to counter everything Garry can do. He's just boring in the same way the Troll King is boring.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Really, I'm just looking forward to whenever Coyote inevitably gets involved in this, since he's already been stated to be more powerful than Demaro, IIRC.

Col. Justice
Apr 14, 2007

TIME TO DIE

Almost Smart posted:

It's...five dollars.

first move tengen
Dec 2, 2011

Almost Smart posted:

:fut:

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional
Where's the LazyB cycle.gif like in the sonic game threads. We're approaching peak rage here.

HandsomeMrFooFoo
Apr 26, 2008

ahhhhhhhhhh my fucking
head is killing me

Almost Smart posted:

says the guy with the best loving avatar outta the lot.

I too am awaiting Coyote's return to the script. And on the subject of spending ONLY 5BUX on an image, I feel like my avatar is poking fun at all the Gunnerkrigg Coyotes infesting every thread.

WELP I'm holding out for LazyB to get back to his main plot. Hopefully before the world ends this December.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Nooooooo android Garry we hardly knew ye. Maybe he was just transferred to the Hell Dimension or something. There's always hope.

KleyMEN
Sep 3, 2012

StealthArcher posted:

It's a little too big, at 12.1kb, max being 10. Dimensions are fine, really, if you remove the chewing and have him just endlessly hucking Cheetos in his mouth it'd both be fitting and probably hit below 10kb

Alright, here you go, 1 reduced sized gif coming up:

Tweek
Feb 1, 2005

I have more disposable income than you.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Nooooooo android Garry we hardly knew ye. Maybe he was just transferred to the Hell Dimension or something. There's always hope.

Like Robotnik didn't put in a teleporter.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

I may be in the minority here, but I'm really enjoying this battle.

hmmmm gently caress!!

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.
I'm honestly enjoying this. I really do think the main reason people aren't happy is just because fights aren't well suited for a page a day format.

If you could just sit down and read this entire fight from start to finish, it would probably not seem to drag nearly as much.

To me it's still enjoyable because I honestly can't tell who is going to win, but the back and forths seem relatively reasonable.

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Personally I don't mind the fight, but I hope it will have some implications to the rest of the story rather than just this fight between brothers.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

I think I actually said "woahhh" when Garry raised the Earth's loving God drat molten core into that little room to gently caress with Demaro. I mean, seriously people, just think about that. He was pushing rocks, from the middle of the loving planet, into this little room.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

But these brothers are a facet of the story. They're tied into the same events that created the "main" characters.

I like this fight: people say that Demaro keeps gaining more bullshit powers just like the troll king, but it's actually entirely different. If anything, Garry's the one with "bullshit" powers on tap (Oh I suddenly have an android, oh he's suddenly bees(?), oh all these bees can actually group together to form a laser - and a flamethrower. My mask has hinges despite each bit being an individual bee. I can meld with the real me.)
Demaro has his strings. Vines. Everything that's happened has been a product of these two, and Lazerbot has been very creative in doing new things with just these two powers. In fact, he even restricted Demaro's previous power: summoning the beast here did pretty much gently caress all and then got sent back. I don't understand how people have this so back to front.

p.s. Don't get me wrong, the fact that Garry's so over the top is great, and where the innovation in Demaro is shown through doing more with less, Garry's a much crazier and more entertaining character, and "what crazy poo poo can I come up with" is still interesting. It's hardly "OH HO ONCE AGAIN I AM TOO TOUGH FOR YOU MARIO".

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Sue posted:

I may be in the minority here, but I'm really enjoying this battle.

I think most of us are digging it. It's just a vocal minority that doesn't like it.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

FrenchToasty posted:

I think most of us are digging it. It's just a vocal minority that doesn't like it.

I think Aristobulus has it right. There's nothing wrong with the fight, but at this point it's been weeks since anything has actually happened in the story.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

I'm actually kind of finding these fits that are being thrown about the fights hilarious. Tails Gets Trolled is very obviously heavily inspired by shounen anime, and pretty much everything we've been seeing lately has been build up for more and more intense fight scenes as the plot heads towards its climax. Why do these people think Tails has been learning all of these crazy combat moves? This isn't going to be the last month long fight scene that lasts for dozens of pages, surely. And I'm totally cool with that. There are plenty of great moments peppered into these fights that totally fit into the TGT style. Maybe not the Mario vs. Troll King fight though. I totally glazed over on that one.

M as in Mancy
Apr 21, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
The saving grace of that fight was the flashback featuring Kario.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Taciturn Tactician posted:

I think Aristobulus has it right. There's nothing wrong with the fight, but at this point it's been weeks since anything has actually happened in the story.

Call it a Dragon Ball Z tribute.

I loving hate Dragon Ball Z.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

The trouble is the fight is between a couple of original characters who I don't give one poo poo about. If it was Tails, or Wile. E, it would be much more enjoyable.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Frankston posted:

The trouble is the fight is between a couple of original characters who I don't give one poo poo about. If it was Tails, or Wile. E, it would be much more enjoyable.

If nothing else, TGT will always be a source of amusement for how funny it is to imagine any sentence about it out of context.

KleyMEN
Sep 3, 2012

Daionus the 23rd posted:

The saving grace of that fight was the flashback featuring Kario.

That's what this fight also needed, in my opinion, some sort of flashback or an intermission ("MEAN WHILE"), going back to the story, or at least deviating from the fight, for a short time.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Yeah, that's what makes the fight stand out so much. The rest of the story is so neatly broken up and never dwindles on a set of characters for too long before moving to the next, saving it from Homestuck Syndrome where you don't see particular characters for months at a time and the last time you saw them they were in mortal peril. The "mean while"s are almost iconic to the TGT experience.

But when the fights happen in TGT the story shifts its focus completely onto them, never moving away. It's still funny and I have no complaints about it, but it just stands out a lot. A flashback showing the two brothers in their childhood and maybe showing us what made Garry turn to trollism, or having another fight running concurrently to this one that the narrative could jump back and forth between, would help make it seem less odd.

At this point, though, keep it comin'! I find it funny how the chapter title page will likely have nothing to do with the actual chapter, given how the fight is growing longer.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

The thing about the Demaro vs. Garry fight is that I think the winner will determine the direction of the Trolls. Tails, Shadow, and the Troll Hunters are all out to beat the Troll King, without realizing there's a kind of battle waging behind that throne.

If Garry wins, it will be the Trolls unlocking the full potential of Dr. Robotnik without Sonic to counter him, which means it will be hell on the protagonists. We've already seen what the cyborg Troll King can do as well as Garry and his Android Garry. Imagine full cyborg versions of TK and Garry, with an army of Android Garrys. In short, Garry becomes the technological threat to them.

If Demaro wins and kills Elmer, his power could increase to the point that he could beat the Troll King with his Neutral powers and be a threat to the schemes of Wiley, Tom, and Sylvester, in addition to the Troll Hunters. In short, Demaro becomes the supernatural threat to them.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
If Demaro wins, I want him to eventually approach the Troll King, and then just get fuckin' one shot.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Aramek posted:

If Demaro wins, I want him to eventually approach the Troll King, and then just get fuckin' one shot.
TK could even bust out another one of those words of death.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

JazzFlight posted:

TK could even bust out another one of those words of death.

TK is gonna try the words of death on animated corpses, it's not going to work so well.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
The androids don't seem to be that bad for the slayers because shadow has that dark cheeto ball of doom. Bees or no bees the cheeto ball of doom splattered an entire town :colbert:.

ALEX TRILLTON
Sep 9, 2011

IF I'M EVER A DICK ON THE INTERNET, TELL PAULSEPHIROTH'S MOM
This fight is entertaining enough that I don't mind it lasting a really long time, but I'm definitely curious about what's happening with the rest of the cast.

I think the reason that people don't mind Garry having all sorts of bullshit powers is that unlike Troll King he's actually likeable in a bizarre way and you're rooting for him to win. I like how creative Demaro is with his skillset, though. I don't see him as having bullshit powers.

With that being said I have absolutely no idea how this fight is going to progress the story, but it's infinitely better than the Mario vs. Troll King fight because that one could've been done in far fewer pages to demonstrate that TK is basically invulnerable at this point. Honestly you could probably argue that the entire fight was redundant since it was pretty firmly established that you don't gently caress with TK after Sonic and the entire Sonic B-Team got curbstomped.

Butthole Milk
Sep 26, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

ALEX TRILLTON posted:

This fight is entertaining enough that I don't mind it lasting a really long time, but I'm definitely curious about what's happening with the rest of the cast.

I think the reason that people don't mind Garry having all sorts of bullshit powers is that unlike Troll King he's actually likeable in a bizarre way and you're rooting for him to win. I like how creative Demaro is with his skillset, though. I don't see him as having bullshit powers.

With that being said I have absolutely no idea how this fight is going to progress the story, but it's infinitely better than the Mario vs. Troll King fight because that one could've been done in far fewer pages to demonstrate that TK is basically invulnerable at this point. Honestly you could probably argue that the entire fight was redundant since it was pretty firmly established that you don't gently caress with TK after Sonic and the entire Sonic B-Team got curbstomped.

The trouble is that it isn't progressing the story and nothing interesting is happening between the two characters. I personally would like a bit more exposition being spouted regarding their relationship as brothers or something.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

ALEX TRILLTON posted:

I just had this thought:

What if the brothers have been fighting so long that when we get back to the cast, Tails has beaten the Troll King and the story's been long over already?

Like, the winner of the fight steps out of the underground room they've been fighting in, squints at the brightness of the midday sun, and realizes he's standing in a pile of rubble left from thousands of years of post-apocalyptic decay.

Sricero
Nov 7, 2010

I Teach Yoga you son of a bitch.

JazzFlight posted:

I just had this thought:

What if the brothers have been fighting so long that when we get back to the cast, Tails has beaten the Troll King and the story's been long over already?

Like, the winner of the fight steps out of the underground room they've been fighting in, squints at the brightness of the midday sun, and realizes he's standing in a pile of rubble left from thousands of years of post-apocalyptic decay.

This is lazerbot we are talking about here not M. Night Shyamalan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

JazzFlight posted:

I just had this thought:

I'd read Fallout: Garry at the drop of a hat.