Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruttiger
Nov 3, 2004

The music itself is changing.
I think by not having any "MEAN WHILE"s LB is slowing down the pace of the story. If we just saw something else for a bit maybe we could come back a bit later to the fight, and we'd be a bit fresher to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
"in the depths of the magma earth" sounds like a loving dense prog album man. Need to smoke all the smart weed with that one.

e: this one's for all the androids & robots that bit it so far
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHFbzaf8FX8

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Sep 6, 2012

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost

Azuth0667 posted:

The androids don't seem to be that bad for the slayers because shadow has that dark cheeto ball of doom. Bees or no bees the cheeto ball of doom splattered an entire town :colbert:.
But Garry slapped Shadow around like a rag doll in chapter 3? At least I think that was him.

elitebuster
Dec 26, 2010

I know its super dooper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

Aristobulus posted:

I'm honestly enjoying this. I really do think the main reason people aren't happy is just because fights aren't well suited for a page a day format.

If you could just sit down and read this entire fight from start to finish, it would probably not seem to drag nearly as much.

To me it's still enjoyable because I honestly can't tell who is going to win, but the back and forths seem relatively reasonable.

I just read through nearly 2 thousand posts to get to the end of this thread, wasting 5 hours of precious sleep, and I must say: I think the fight kicks rear end. Read once a day, I can see it dragging on for too long, and if I had to guess, reading it all continuously would make the one-liners seem cluttered, but experiencing spaced out like it is in the thread really gives it a nice flow.

That said, I can understand wanting an intermission to see what the other characters are doing. I want to know how Tails' training with Ronald is going.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

After Ronald, Tails only has Arthur, Pori, Frogger and Leap Frog to train with.

All of those are potentially hilarious.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Welcome to Sonic & friends get trolled: "This fight is too long", "No it's not"

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
I like this fight. And now for more of it;

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

Farmland Park posted:

I like this fight. And now for more of it;

panels 4 and 5 man, that's just great

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
I'm so glad Gary can land some straight punches to Demaro's vain face.

Just want this to be over and this satainc bore dead.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

If anyone wants it, feel free.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

I'm lost. If Demaro controls vines, how did he not realise there was one around his leg? I mean, presumably he put it there?

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

simplefish posted:

I'm lost. If Demaro controls vines, how did he not realise there was one around his leg? I mean, presumably he put it there?

Garry is an earthbender and he's using that power to control the vines now. He just needed Demaro to plant them.

I'm still upset that plantbending is being used by a nonwaterbender but lol i must sound like such a avatar nerd right now.

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."
For all the complaints about the fight, it hard to deny that it is quite visually interesting, especially compared to the normal story arc.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

For all the complaints about the fight, it hard to deny that it is quite visually interesting, especially compared to the normal story arc.

Visually it's loving boring. I've been staring at the same black featureless cave for what feels like a month now.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

We are all in lazerbot's cave, unable to see the truth and yelling at shadows.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

NextTime000 posted:

panels 4 and 5 man, that's just great

Demaro has such an emotional expression, while Garry is literally stone faced.

Seriously, panel 5 is horrifying.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I just want one of these two men, who have each been 100% convinced of their own superiority in this situation, to stop saying "ugh he did X now I have to do Y" and just go "oh gently caress I guess I was really outclassed, dead now" already.

Savage Shulkie
May 13, 2009

Ogon’ po gotovnosti!
How do you guys read real comics if you can't take fight scenes? I guess in a real comic you can just flip pages till it looks like they aren't fighting anymore but I gotta say I don't get this mindset.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

TokenTrevor posted:

How do you guys read real comics if you can't take fight scenes? I guess in a real comic you can just flip pages till it looks like they aren't fighting anymore but I gotta say I don't get this mindset.

Page-a-day strips and regular comic books are two different mediums, and it's much easier to keep this sort of fight's momentum going for the 26-or-whatever pages when you can read it all in one go, as opposed to reading a bit and then having to wait a day. I don't mind it myself, I think it's been consistently entertaining even if it has ground the plot to a standstill, but I do get why some people might find it aggravating.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
It reminds me of those Dragonball Z episodes that just consisted of Goku charging up

Bart Fargo
Mar 24, 2005

Il Raggio Infernale

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

It reminds me of those Dragonball Z episodes that just consisted of Goku charging up

I thought that was all of them.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

No, some of them were Vegeta or Gohan charging up.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
They were sometimes broken up by episodes with the supporting characters standing on the sidelines talking about how powerful Goku is.

produce
Apr 1, 2008
And the actual DBZ comics, by comparison, are a brisk and entertaining read with fewer back-and-forth deos ex machina and virtually no "powering up" times.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

In the world of TGT this fight has only been going on for a couple of minutes. If you're really that bored, don't check this thread for a week or two so you have a few pages to go through at once.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Holy poo poo, I forgot about this thing for a good 3-4 months and came back to the thread to see 1000 new posts and it has gone absolutely no where. Who the gently caress are these people? Where the gently caress are the video game characters saying funny things?

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008
I don't mind this fight, and especially enjoy Gary's taunts. While waiting for it to wrap up, I reread Tails Gets Trolled up to this point and I suggest you all do the same. I think Knuckles is my favorite character overall.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Mystic_Squid posted:

I think Knuckles is my favorite character overall.

I have to agree, my brethren jiggy dog.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

That DICK! posted:

Holy poo poo, I forgot about this thing for a good 3-4 months and came back to the thread to see 1000 new posts and it has gone absolutely no where. Who the gently caress are these people? Where the gently caress are the video game characters saying funny things?

Haha yeah I really love how people are actually defending this, literally everyone started reading this because it was about Shadow flipping off internet trolls or Elmer Fudd raising the dead. If anyone is legitimately and unironically enjoying this I'm really sorry for them.

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous
It is verboten to enjoy these things, it seems. :(

gently caress the haters, this fight is awesome, TGT is awesome overall, SWAG.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

And so the TGT fandom developed its first schism.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Ryaomon posted:

Haha yeah I really love how people are actually defending this, literally everyone started reading this because it was about Shadow flipping off internet trolls or Elmer Fudd raising the dead. If anyone is legitimately and unironically enjoying this I'm really sorry for them.

I feel sorry for those people, clicking on that image, reading it, and enjoying it.

I really do.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Bart Fargo posted:

I thought that was all of them.

There was that one episode where Goku and Piccolo try to get driver's licenses.

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N
1st they came for the long f=>
ight seens and i didn 't spe=>
ak out for i wasnt a fan of
fight seens then they came
for the orginal caractures
and i didnt speak out cause
i wasnt a fan of original ch=>
arcters then they came for
the bad grammer and i didnt
speak out cause gently caress grammar
then they came for my comic
and there wasnt nobody left
to speek out.

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK

Data Graham posted:

And so the TGT fandom developed its first schism.

Trolls and Slaiyers.

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008

Georgia Peach posted:

I have to agree, my brethren jiggy dog.

High-shovel!

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Schwarzwald posted:

There was that one episode where Goku and Piccolo try to get driver's licenses.

Ok, I forgot about that one and now I remember it was hilarious because the concept was so silly.

Didn't they redo the series a while back and cut out all the bullshit? If I'm remembering correctly, it cut the show down from 300+ episodes to something like 120.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

FPzero posted:

Didn't they redo the series a while back and cut out all the bullshit? If I'm remembering correctly, it cut the show down from 300+ episodes to something like 120.

Yes, Dragon Ball Z Kai. God help me that I know that.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

JazzFlight, I just need to give you some belated love for the last song. That is easily my favorite one of the whole bunch. I've thought for a while now that your musical style in this project is well-suited for TGT. You're really good at taking lots of bizarre non-rhyming text and bending it into a meter that actually works somehow. And doing the whole drat Kermit story was like, the utter pinnacle of that. The simplicity of the chorus is a great contrast, too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

The poo poo, it gets realler and realler.

Edit: also he's taking a small break before starting the next page, so he wants us to find something to do until then. :chillpill:

Paramemetic fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Sep 7, 2012