Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005
Who at Ford said "Let's build a thing that looks like a garbage truck raped a PT cruiser?"

:psylon:

Majere fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Sep 6, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

CommieGIR posted:

It would probably make Richard Hammond cry

Do you mean the car would make him cry, or Clarkson's review of it? Or both perhaps? :confused:

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Pretty much everything that is wrong with hellaflush. Wrong-threaders go gently caress yourselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTGR6IAYQAc

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Puddin posted:

Sorry for the lovely pic.

This thing would have had at least 15 degrees camber on the back probably 10 on the front.

First off I'm curious how it could get camber on a beam axle front, and secondly my Fastback we managed to get onto a rack carefully and it was "only" 10* camber in the rear with 1.5* of toe in. To top it off, the bump stops had been hacksawed off and the rear trailing arms were cutting into the body itself, so I doubt it had 15* each side. To top it off, you're a bad person and wrong in every way for posting it here and we're not friends any more.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate
I posted pics of this abomination in the previous 'terrible things' picture thread, but a lot has happened, since.
The owner is now selling it with a lovely red paintjob, a slight improvement over the previous primer grey.

More here: http://freestate.gumtree.co.za/c-Cars-Vehicles-cars-Red-Porsche-W0QQAdIdZ402855662

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

I am not an atomic playboy.

enojy posted:

Pretty much everything that is wrong with hellaflush. Wrong-threaders go gently caress yourselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTGR6IAYQAc

"Yeah, it takes me 30 minutes to get out of my driveway every morning. Why do you ask?"

I was waiting for the part where he has to stop traffic and get out his boards to get over an aluminum can, but I was disappointed.

Budget Monty
Jul 25, 2005

Ask me about my torrid love affair with Geico :ese:

Root Bear posted:

Just your average 7-Lug Dodge Intrepid:

Yes, all four wheels looked just like this.

What truck actually came with a 7-Lug axle? There is a 7 lug rear axle pulled from a truck at my local pull-a-part junkyard sitting no-where near a vehicle. First one I have ever seen. Good luck finding aftermarket wheels, lol!

Edit: It looks like ford did this for "A Few Months" in 2002, from what i have read so far.

Budget Monty fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Sep 6, 2012

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Budget Monty posted:

What truck actually came with a 7-Lug axle? There is a 7 lug rear axle pulled from a truck at my local pull-a-part junkyard sitting no-where near a vehicle. First one I have ever seen. Good luck finding aftermarket wheels, lol!

Edit: It looks like ford did this for "A Few Months" in 2002, from what i have read so far.

they did it for longer than that, it was the 7700lb gvw package. For a few years it was just called the f-250, for a few years it was a package on the f-150.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Dr 14 INCH DICK Md posted:

First off I'm curious how it could get camber on a beam axle front, and secondly my Fastback we managed to get onto a rack carefully and it was "only" 10* camber in the rear with 1.5* of toe in. To top it off, the bump stops had been hacksawed off and the rear trailing arms were cutting into the body itself, so I doubt it had 15* each side. To top it off, you're a bad person and wrong in every way for posting it here and we're not friends any more.

It was a joke.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Wait wait wait. Is that a 944/928 with a Mazda sedan front end? :psyduck: it looks bent.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy
It's 928 with mods all the way to the hood. Then it's just something else entirely. What is that?

On closer inspection of the front wheel well, it would appear that the 928 is still under there somewhere.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

IOwnCalculus posted:

Why is this, out of curiosity? Is the crank pulley on the rotary particularly small?

I mean it does seem to be a genuine issue, I just wonder why it seems to affect rotaries so much when most V-belted cars get by just fine with a single V-belt driving the alternator (and sometimes another accessory too).

There's a few reasons, the one that has been mentioned is big revs is true, the V-belt cant handle the rpm even stock rotaries can achieve. The second is the layout is not optimal to get a good tension on the belt, esp with the water pump there in the mix. You usually see most cars running two belts - one for the alternator and the other for the water pump. Rotaries use one for both and thence more load for the belt to cope with and on top of that you have the thermo fan usually attached to the water pump drive.

So you mix that all together and any wear + modifcations that make the engine rev faster/ harder and the stock v-belts slip and burn out in short time. Usual fixes are dual v-belts or a cogged belt. Plus tossing the stock thermo fan (which uses a viscous coupler) and use a electric fan.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

AirRaid posted:

Wait wait wait. Is that a 944/928 with a Mazda sedan front end? :psyduck: it looks bent.

Looks like first gen Mazda 6 hood/front end. The classic E36 M3 side-mirrors. The front wheel fenders... generic 'Corvette Stingray' body kit parts?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

rscott posted:

altezzzzzzzzzas on an E250, strange. Do they use the same tail light housings as F150 pickups?

No. The F series lights are narrower. Although, starting with the 10th generation, the F-250 and above received different lights from the F-150 (both front and rear, I believe).

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Gentlemen: I give you a ragtop FJ Cruiser. I can't believe anyone would do this throw so much of their money away at this, but then again, there was that custom convertible STi sedan...

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

MetaJew posted:

I can't believe anyone would do this throw so much of their money away at this, but then again, there was that custom convertible STi sedan...

...that, last I heard, was still sitting in the dealer's showroom priced at $80K.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Wow, someone went and found a way to make the blind spots on an FJ Cruiser... bigger.

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

That damn Pharah again...

College Slice

Hello Spaceman posted:

I posted pics of this abomination in the previous 'terrible things' picture thread, but a lot has happened, since.
The owner is now selling it with a lovely red paintjob, a slight improvement over the previous primer grey.

More here: http://freestate.gumtree.co.za/c-Cars-Vehicles-cars-Red-Porsche-W0QQAdIdZ402855662

I know I should probably be ashamed for admitting this...but I like it.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

It's okay, we all liked Hot Wheels.*

*as children

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

MiniFoo posted:

It's okay, we all liked Hot Wheels.*

*as children
I still like Hot Wheels.

Flying Fortress
Oct 23, 2008

For what it's worth, I'd be interested in a toy car/Hotwheels thread.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Flying Fortress posted:

For what it's worth, I'd be interested in a toy car/Hotwheels thread.

Seconded. A few months back, before I knew what sex my kid would be, I was killing time looking on eBay and other places searching for sets of Yat Mings like the ones I had as a kid. I think I actually prefer those to Hot Wheels.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

That's be cool, I'd like to see what people have. All I have are these two on my desk:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Back in college I bought a new Focus, then bought every Hot Wheels Focus I ran across. I gave up after about 20, they're in a box somewhere.

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

Awesome, I bought this one for my son last year (first hot wheel from Dad!).

Here's one I have that I took a picture of a few weeks ago. Not looking so good:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Pseudonym posted:

Seconded. A few months back, before I knew what sex my kid would be, I was killing time looking on eBay and other places searching for sets of Yat Mings like the ones I had as a kid. I think I actually prefer those to Hot Wheels.
My buddy's little girl has way more Hot Wheels than his little boy does. Better driver so far too, it seems. :)

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
Its always a Fiero GT, except when its a SAAB.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Cruseydr posted:

Here's one I have that I took a picture of a few weeks ago. Not looking so good:

This may seem like a weird request, but do you have this larger or is that full resolution? I'd like to put it in my desktop rotation because with the graininess it's hard to determine at a glance if it's a full size beat up car or a miniature and I dig that.

⇩ ⇩ You rock, thanks! ⇩ ⇩

Nuevo fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Sep 7, 2012

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

Boat posted:

This may seem like a weird request, but do you have this larger or is that full resolution? I'd like to put it in my desktop rotation because with the graininess it's hard to determine at a glance if it's a full size beat up car or a miniature and I dig that.
Not weird at all! Full resolution: http://i.imgur.com/zJzBo.jpg

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Seat Safety Switch posted:

My buddy's little girl has way more Hot Wheels than his little boy does. Better driver so far too, it seems. :)

Yeah, I decided that I don't care about it anyway. My daughter can play with cars all she wants. Now I just have to find them. And my pitifully small Micro Machines collection.

Flying Fortress
Oct 23, 2008

Cool, I'm gonna try to take some pictures of some of my toy cars this weekend. My real car is kinda lame, but my toy ones are much more fun. I'll bet a lot of us have a collection of some sort.

M.Renton
Nov 19, 2009
Cool racecar down the street from me.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

M.Renton posted:

Cool racecar down the street from me.

That must go really fast in reverse for those flame stripes there.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

metallicaeg posted:

well he ordered them for both sides of the car, but when he got them all the flames were going one way!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

metallicaeg posted:

maybe there's a tiny little dragon at the back breathing them out

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

I really hope the hood was not dented in before they left it parked like that.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
Well, they're not Hot Wheels, but... I was testing out the camera.

Yes, I did the paint job here. I think it qualifies this for this thread. Really not my best work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Hey, the overspray is realistic!