Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Yo man, you are out of step with Imhotep!
Oh my god, his sword is coming out of the screeeeeen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

I would like that to be good, but there is no way.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
I think it's time for a worldwide ten year moratorium on all Silent Hill and Biohazard products; games, movies, comics, everything.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

zenintrude posted:

I would like that to be good, but there is no way.

There is nothing to indicate it's going to be any good.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

DKWildz posted:

Managed to get the non variant "What's Opera Doc", but the other two sold out in under a minute, as usual.

:sigh: Lucky. I tried to prolong it, but I had to drive into the office today. And of course, that's when my phone started chirping with Mondotees twitter messages. Oh well.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

Yodzilla posted:

I really like this one for some reason.

I like the poster, too, but all I can think of when I see it is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBEz-wfq8Ew

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

DKWildz posted:

Managed to get the non variant "What's Opera Doc", but the other two sold out in under a minute, as usual.

Why, for the love of God? Every Mondo poster I've ever seen has been the most pretentious and downright loving ugly thing imaginable.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Jedit posted:

Why, for the love of God? Every Mondo poster I've ever seen has been the most pretentious and downright loving ugly thing imaginable.

I can't say I agree with this, but that Jurassic Park poster is really loving lovely and a wasted opportunity.

e: Yes, I know it's going for the 'advertisement for the park poster' but I still think they could've done something better.

Dissapointed Owl fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Sep 6, 2012

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
The amount of white space on that Jurassic Park poster is loving hilarious.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Jedit posted:

They're hit or miss for me, but that What's Opera Doc? one is pretty much perfect.

Rosemont
Nov 4, 2009

DKWildz posted:

The latest mondo's going up for sale some time today:

Kevin Tong

Tom Whalen & alternate

Ick on the JP one. No, thank you.

What's Opera Doc, on the other hand...yes please! :swoon:

Kierena
Oct 15, 2010

Alhazred posted:

The V for Vendetta posters were pretty good in how they emulated the style of propaganda posters:

And then we got the dvd cover where a giant Natalie Portman looks disappointed in you:

They made up for the lovely cover on the general release dvd with the special editions cover. I actually own the special edition DVD and I have to say its got a nice look to it.

apologies for the little watermark at the bottom, I couldn't find one with the right color contrast outside of this one to do it justice.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

DKWildz posted:

Kevin Tong

This looks more like Honey, I Shrunk the Nostromo.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

DKWildz posted:

Kevin Tong

I really like that :shobon:, I like "prop" posters; it's an ad for THE Jurassic Park, that's cool to me.

Aorist
Apr 25, 2006

Denham's does it!

homerlaw posted:

I really like that :shobon:, I like "prop" posters; it's an ad for THE Jurassic Park, that's cool to me.

I can understand the appeal, but it kind of misses the point. Jurassic Park isn't a National Park, a place to go and enjoy the beauty of God's handiwork, it's a place to be God. It's underlined by the park's own marketing, in the logo and the architecture. The design work takes pulpy tribalism and gives it a clean, industrial edge. Jurassic Park isn't going to be sold as Nature, it's going to be sold as Nature 2.0

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
The JP poster looks like what would happen if they licked the backs of the frogs they were using for DNA sequencing.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

It's not selling the Park to me, the dinosaurs are not given the attention they deserve.

I was reminded of the incredible posters they have up at Euro Disneyland for the rides they feature there. I couldn't find the ones I was looking for but came across this instead.

Check those dinos out.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

:cool::byodood::sotw::roboluv:
WEED

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

homerlaw posted:

But even then it's entirely at odds with the film's style? The prop artwork was a representative and stylised version of the already stylised "reality" of the film:

It's a nice bit of work, I guess, just kinda pointless.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
That looks like something that used to be airbrushed on the backdrop of a local carnival ride in the year 1998.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Gonz posted:

That looks like something that used to be airbrushed on the backdrop of a local carnival ride in the year 1998.

The absolute highest form of art :golfclap:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Is this a real movie? I couldn't find it on IMDB.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Mister Chief posted:

Is this a real movie? I couldn't find it on IMDB.

I guess it was released under the title of The Florida Connection going by the cast.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Kierena posted:

They made up for the lovely cover on the general release dvd with the special editions cover. I actually own the special edition DVD and I have to say its got a nice look to it.

apologies for the little watermark at the bottom, I couldn't find one with the right color contrast outside of this one to do it justice.

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

The two disc edition used the first post your posted, which was very nice compared to the regular DVD.
Kudos I guess for at least posting picture of it?

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running
I don't know if it's been posted, but one of my friends has been using this as his Steam avatar and I love how the poster looks.

(Even if it does creep me the gently caress out.)

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

I didn't know they relocated Jurassic Park from Costa Rica to a brisk autumn day in loving Montpelier, Vermont.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

penismightier posted:

I didn't know they relocated Jurassic Park from Costa Rica to a brisk autumn day in loving Montpelier, Vermont.

They had too many cruise tourists stumbling across the park. No one goes to Vermont.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Is the second one by James Stokoe?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Yeah.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

If the movie is half as good as those posters it will still be fantastic.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

TheJoker138 posted:

If the movie is half as good as those posters it will still be fantastic.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Oct 6, 2014

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

So I'm the only one who thinks that second poster is just terrible?

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

Noxville posted:

The Stokoe one? Yeah you are. Sorry :(

Apr 4, 2004

by T. Finninho

Kierena posted:

To be honest, I think the COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL would work well as part of the actual artwork in this case.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Noxville posted:

No, I don't get what's so great about it either. Still, it's better than most of the generic stuff we usually get

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Some dumb idiot posted:

I don't know if it's been posted, but one of my friends has been using this as his Steam avatar and I love how the poster looks.

(Even if it does creep me the gently caress out.)

Watch the movie.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

echoplex posted:

But even then it's entirely at odds with the film's style? The prop artwork was a representative and stylised version of the already stylised "reality" of the film:

It's a nice bit of work, I guess, just kinda pointless.
That's from The Lost World if I remember the scene correctly where Vince Vaughn looks at the mural in the derelict place to call the Chopper and eyerolls at it.

drat it why did JP have to fail, it depresses me every time I read the book or watch the movie. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

achillesforever6 posted:

That's from The Lost World if I remember the scene correctly where Vince Vaughn looks at the mural in the derelict place to call the Chopper and eyerolls at it.

It could have been re-used in TLW, but I'm almost certain it was in the dining hall in the first film.