Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
subroc
Jun 5, 2004

Two gears and an UR. Not a bad pack...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Team Batarian is still looking for volunteers, anyone who wants to get their punch on get on 360 and message Two Finger or KidKrampus

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

Two Finger posted:

Team Batarian is now practicing on 360, message Two Finger to join

I think that double nemises punch is now my favorite kill. Sorry I had to duck out.

Gatac
Apr 22, 2008

Fifty Cent's next biopic.
I'm not too proud to admit that at this stage, I would dump real actual money into packs with guaranteed ultra-rares...or rare gear...or uncommon gear...

Goddammit, another PSP, another three ammo consumables. Why do you hate me, RNG? :smithicide:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Why do people set the map to Glacier and then just run all over the place instead of using the room?

Still having trouble finding the right weapon combination for the Demolisher. My last game I used Javelin/Crusader which was pretty good since they're both pretty awesome weapons individually, but they don't synchronize very well. I'd take the Revenant to go with the Javelin because it's probably my highest Gold at VI or VII, but the thing just doesn't seem to do any damage past silver.

I feel obligated to stay at least below -100% cooldown since it's one of the only classes that lets me do that, conversely tying me to the heavier weapons instead of to the lighter ones.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Why do people set the map to Glacier and then just run all over the place instead of using the room?

Still having trouble finding the right weapon combination for the Demolisher. My last game I used Javelin/Crusader which was pretty good since they're both pretty awesome weapons individually, but they don't synchronize very well. I'd take the Revenant to go with the Javelin because it's probably my highest Gold at VI or VII, but the thing just doesn't seem to do any damage past silver.

I feel obligated to stay at least below -100% cooldown since it's one of the only classes that lets me do that, conversely tying me to the heavier weapons instead of to the lighter ones.

Have you got a Harrier? Use it. I find that and a Crusader are a good mix, though a Reegar or Claymore are also good.

In Harrier-related news, I finally got my Harrier II. Hell yes.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Still having trouble finding the right weapon combination for the Demolisher.

Pirhana (choke, shredder), Harrier (barrel, piercing). Effective at any and all ranges.

Gatac posted:

I'm not too proud to admit that at this stage, I would dump real actual money into packs with guaranteed ultra-rares...or rare gear...or uncommon gear...

Goddammit, another PSP, another three ammo consumables. Why do you hate me, RNG? :smithicide:

I have exactly one rare character card left to drop and then I would love to see a Premium Gear Pack show up in the store.

Maybe after this weekend event they'll troll us by adding a Premium Jumbo Equipment Pack - 66k and +10 of everything or something, better chance at level III/IV consumables.

Psion fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Sep 7, 2012

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

argh double post

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Because it's like bringing a shotgun to a boxing match. Anything short of platinum, the panic room is just too easy to be fun.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Mr Dog posted:

If Fraps wasn't so loving obnoxious about popping up in your face every time you Alt-Tab out of a game I'd have it running all the time just so I could capture moments like these
Turn "Fraps starts minimized" on and "Fraps is always on top" off, then set some F-keys you never use to screenshotting/movie recording.

Although even with the 30-second recording buffer, I can't imagine what beasts of computers people have that run Fraps smoothly while constantly recording.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Ugh, what a terrible, terrible night. Lag, hosts dropping, and gold games full of people who probably shouldn't be playing gold.

TacticalGranny
Feb 6, 2008

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Turn "Fraps starts minimized" on and "Fraps is always on top" off, then set some F-keys you never use to screenshotting/movie recording.

Although even with the 30-second recording buffer, I can't imagine what beasts of computers people have that run Fraps smoothly while constantly recording.

I'm running a 1.7 GHz quad-core laptop, 4gb RAM, GTX260m card with platter drives and I maintain usable fps while recording in 1080p with Fraps. :tali:

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Because Glacier is fun and quick. The small size of it means you can rape spawns really efficiently all the way up to Gold, and probably Platinum too with good coordinated players. Platinum's motherlode of credits is always tempting, but if you can blast Gold in half the time, you're getting the same rate of cashflow, with the added bonus of not sitting in a single room for the entire match.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.
After levelling up the Turian Solider to 20, all I can think is that the game could really do with a Turian Engineer or Vanguard to make it a fun class to play as. The niche of do a tonne of damage without really contributing that much isn't working out.

Sentinel is kinda boring too.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Anyone else getting terrible lag and having trouble connecting to the EA servers as of last night?

TacticalGranny
Feb 6, 2008

Butterfly Valley posted:

Anyone else getting terrible lag and having trouble connecting to the EA servers as of last night?

This describes just about every night.
When I play ME3, I disconnect... Something on their netcode makes my DSL modem poo poo the bed and lose internet connectivity for 15-20 seconds, which is just long enough to boot me out of a match.
Conversely, with other games that also require 100% internet uptime, I don't have these connection issues and the internet stays on. Always.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.
I never realised sticky grenades carry ammo powers. I used a cryo ammo III, and one sticky grenade froze a group of Geth troopers. :psyduck: Works great with Tech Vulnrability too.

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che
Man, I played one of my most leechy games ever last night that didn't involve rapturing a few waves in.

I got put into a gold game that was already on wave 2. I was using the Piranha with barrel/choke, so I had no opportunity to equip any AP ammo before the game started. I resigned myself to a game of fruitlessly plinking away at banshees until I realized that my teammates were a Turian soldier, Salarian infiltrator, and QME, all with warp ammo equipped.

Easily topped the leaderboard by piggybacking off of all of their debuffs. It might be the only time I ever felt bad about :sicknasty: killstealing :sicknasty:

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Unlocked the N7 Shadow last night. Seems like a lot of fun but I need to learn how to not die with it.

Also went back to human sentinel for a couple games, got paired up with a drell adept and we just blew everything all up. Fast-paced biotic combos are seriously fun and don't happen enough in my games.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Houdini posted:

I never realised sticky grenades carry ammo powers. I used a cryo ammo III, and one sticky grenade froze a group of Geth troopers. :psyduck: Works great with Tech Vulnrability too.

Holy poo poo, I need to try this. Maybe sticky grenade has actually been good this whole time.

Glacier/Cerberus below Platinum is all about the speed run. Running around is faster.

Also post your manifest and we can give better recommendations. I run my demolisher with a Piranha and Scoped Talon which keeps my weight low enough that I can redeploy my pylon frequently for extra grenades or to change position.

Blompkin
Mar 31, 2006

Take care

VJeff posted:

I see the Indra getting a lot of use lately. Is it a good weapon?

I absolutely LOVE the Indra, as it's the perfect lightweight blend of assault and sniper rifle, and has virtually no recoil. It's especially a godsend to players who can't aim for poo poo (like me).

However, I agree with the others that it's not really for soldiers. Where it really seems to shine is with most infiltrators, engineers and sentinels, where you want to stay in the 150-200% cooldown range, but aren't completely power dependent.

It's not the most powerful gun, but it's arguably the most all round useful.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...

TheDK posted:

Unlocked the N7 Shadow last night. Seems like a lot of fun but I need to learn how to not die with it.
Don't Shadow Strike the second time and pop yourself out of Cloak in the middle of a whole bunch of enemies. Shadow Strike a guy who's off on his own, near cover you can use, or back around a corner and Electric Wave, or etc.

Tactical Cloak should have Duration, Melee Damage, Bonus Power.

Pumpking
Oct 27, 2007

Who is number 1?
The indra is a great gun because it sounds amazing.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Xbox has the mission up, fyi. Time to see how many pubbies ruin this for everyone! I think I'll solo bronze first though!

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

What's going to be a good class to solo with on bronze?

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

BSN says 20 min until it starts. Also Vorcha or Kroguard vs Geth.

I'm on Xbox. Look me up in 20 mins if you want to do a 2 man team.
GT - Orthonormal

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I was planning on a Destroyer or Novaguard against Cerberus. Bronze geth aren't hard but imo Hunters are more dangerous than the one or two Phantoms you'll encounter in a Bronze.

Plus with something like a Novaguard you can just kite everyone off to the other end of the map and then run away for extraction.

Dr Intergalactic
Apr 21, 2010

CRASH!
:sharpton:
AGAIN!

Lagomorphic posted:

Wait until you see the payout for Platinum. Also this is why I always encourage people to step up to higher difficulties as soon as possible. The sooner you start playing gold the sooner you'll have the gear, guns and experience to do really well at it. There are terrible players clearing Gold everyday. If you can be a team player noone will care if you're getting outscored by the folks with a Piranha X.

I saw you mention this earlier, and again here. I'm a middle of the pack player but once I got a couple gold/black guns I thought 'gently caress it!'. You couldn't be more right.

Silver was scary for the first game, but that's it. Been playing that regularly. Decided to try Gold last night. Found what I think is referred to as a geth farming match. FBW, hang out downstairs? Took my Salarian engineer, kept my decoy up, and spammed ED. Don't think I'm ready to run around on Gold yet, but I surely made a difference there. Oh the payout!

Got the N7 engineer, vorcha and batarian Sentinels, and a Piranha II in PSPs. :)

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

If anyone wants to get this event over quickly without soloing on X-Box Live I've just logged to do it myself

GT: Zikans

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Psion posted:

I was planning on a Destroyer or Novaguard against Cerberus. Bronze geth aren't hard but imo Hunters are more dangerous than the one or two Phantoms you'll encounter in a Bronze.

Plus with something like a Novaguard you can just kite everyone off to the other end of the map and then run away for extraction.

Either will work but I'd rather avoid sync kills personally and I don't find hunters that bad on bronze.

Dr Intergalactic posted:

Got the N7 engineer, vorcha and batarian Sentinels, and a Piranha II in PSPs. :)

BatSent is pretty great for Platinum farming. If you're on 360 look me up for some platinum farming or regular gold; I can assure you that I've dragged much worse players over the finish line.

Zikan posted:

If anyone wants to get this event over quickly without soloing on X-Box Live I've just logged to do it myself

I'll look you up.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Zikan posted:

Invite sent from me, nwin23

edit: and to orthonormal

Dr Intergalactic
Apr 21, 2010

CRASH!
:sharpton:
AGAIN!

Lagomorphic posted:

BatSent is pretty great for Platinum farming. If you're on 360 look me up for some platinum farming or regular gold; I can assure you that I've dragged much worse players over the finish line.

Sounds like a plan. I'll add you when I get home from work. ~5 CST
Same gamertag as your SA name?

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
Just played a Gold/Cerberus. I completed the squad goal by soloing bronze with a Vorcha, but about midway through this second game I realized the other players were having a go at it, because they kept letting themselves bleed out when I couldn't get to them, and one time it was down to me and another guy and he ran himself out of ammo and said over voice that he wasn't using his pack. I hadn't used any consumables to that point, either, just because I hadn't needed them, so I decided to go along. Trying to get the squad objective in Gold didn't seem wise, but I was playing pretty well. I wound up the game without using anything, which was pretty cool.

Of course in wave 9 one of the other guys used a missile on a lone atlas that I had already half killed. Dunno if he was trolling or just dumb.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Thanks for the help on bronze guys. Also great playing a gold game with you. Holy poo poo that's better than dealing with pubbies. Sorry I had to run-my mic doesn't work either so that's usually no help.

Zmanl0p6
Apr 7, 2007

i am gun drive a trane up u
I'm looking to do Gold matches and eventually Platinum. I've never completed a Gold (and haven't really tried to either), so I don't really have any experience doing whatever the strategies are for those difficulties. I would still like to though, so if anyone on PSN wants to invite me to a Gold/Platinum game sometime just let me know. I have the Batarian Sentinel and the Cerberus Adept.

PSN is Zmanl0p6.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax
I'm so far behind in weapons and equipment after 2 months not playing this poo poo that I'm just going to wait for the next DLC to drop before I try this and Leviathan. A Talon VIII on the last page? Yeah, I have a Talon I from this spring.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Dr Intergalactic posted:

Sounds like a plan. I'll add you when I get home from work. ~5 CST
Same gamertag as your SA name?

Gamertag is Orthonormal

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

HoveringCheesecake posted:

I'm so far behind in weapons and equipment after 2 months not playing this poo poo that I'm just going to wait for the next DLC to drop before I try this and Leviathan. A Talon VIII on the last page? Yeah, I have a Talon I from this spring.

If you're planning on playing again I'd recommend you keep doing the weekend events. I've only got my Hurricane and level 2 and it's more than good enough for anything this game can throw at you.

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat
Yeah it's worth it just to do the weekend ops because you'll get weapons you won't be able to make up later when new content drops.

I soloed a bronze to get the goal and decided to do some U/U/S and maybe help some pubbies out... I guess nobody on the Xbox got the message cause every game I played people were using medigel and missiles left and right. Puppies are so fuckin stupid it's ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Synonamess Botch posted:

Yeah it's worth it just to do the weekend ops because you'll get weapons you won't be able to make up later when new content drops.

I soloed a bronze to get the goal and decided to do some U/U/S and maybe help some pubbies out... I guess nobody on the Xbox got the message cause every game I played people were using medigel and missiles left and right. Puppies are so fuckin stupid it's ridiculous.

Either that or they did it the once and now no longer care because they're done and gently caress other people. I'm not sure if that's better or worse than noone ever using a consumable for an entire weekend and promoting bad play habits.

Also of course baby dogs are stupid, but at least they're cute.

• Locked thread