Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Alteisen posted:

Whats your origin ID

GestaltIntellect, you should add yourself to the goon list in the OP.

quote:

Someone asked me to do a Fury video, so here's a full game where you can see all my fuckups and not just a single clip carefully selected for badassery (although if that's your thing, check out waves 9-10)

What do you use to record/edit? I've used MSI Afterburner for a bit and it seems like it works pretty well for recording, but I haven't messed with editing/compressing software at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Just FRAPS and VirtualDub. I'm actually listening to that music while I'm playing so the only editing involved is chopping a start and end point. No one wants to hear my spergy voice narrating poo poo so I just leave the music in.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

So I think I've found a way to make FBWGG farming fun again. Play as the Demolisher. Sure, you're spending the entire round camped in the same spot, but the explosions. My god, it's glorious.

If anyone wants to add me, Origin ID is BloodyPom. Already put myself on the list but so far no-one's added me. :sigh:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Stopped playing since May, started playing again a few weeks ago, goddamn do I feel behind on everything. I don't have a Geth Infiltrator yet, what's a really good class to use the Pirahna on? I've tried it on my Shotgun Infiltrator build but it didn't seem to work as well as the Claymore.

I managed to go through Bronze with a friend with no consumables, so now I'm going to enjoy my weekend of menacingly pointing my Missile Launcher at everything (but never actually firing it, I don't want to be too much of a dick...)

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Thundercloud posted:

I finally unlocked a Vorcha character today (got two Vorcha Sentinel character cards, meaning I'm still short the Vorcha Soldier and the Krogan Battlemaster).

I want to do a solo bronze run, I've never played Vorcha before, can anyone give me any advice on builds? I'd be starting at level 20.

Here's the baseline. You can fill in the rest of your points to taste.

Here's a complete build that works very well.

For your weapon I highly recommend the Reeger (spare clip/shredder) if you have one. If you activate flamer while firing the Reeger you can us both at the same time by holding down the trigger.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Maaaan, I just cannot get into the Turian Sentinel. I tear up from the flo' up on Turian Soldier, but every build I try on Sent is a big old waste of time.

Any suggestions? I've got every weapon maxed except ultra-rares.

Westen
Nov 6, 2011
Finally unlocked the krogan vanguard! It's everything I thought it would be and more. Also does anybody have any tips for the Geth or N7 engineers on gold? I feel like its time to move out of silver.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Hyperactive posted:

Maaaan, I just cannot get into the Turian Sentinel. I tear up from the flo' up on Turian Soldier, but every build I try on Sent is a big old waste of time.

Any suggestions? I've got every weapon maxed except ultra-rares.

What ultrarares do you have? Do you have a Talon?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Westen posted:

Finally unlocked the krogan vanguard! It's everything I thought it would be and more. Also does anybody have any tips for the Geth or N7 engineers on gold? I feel like its time to move out of silver.

This is what I roll with for Demolisher. You have all the durability of wet cardboard, but if you find a nice spot to set up nothing will withstand the constant barrage of grenades and tech bursts.

Also, that build is a bit bugged. You actually have 11 grenades to play with.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Lagomorphic posted:

What ultrarares do you have? Do you have a Talon?
No Valiant or Collector Rifle, at least one of everything else, including a Talon II.

Spec full Warp + Talon + Incendiary = damage insanity?

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Hyperactive posted:

No Valiant or Collector Rifle, at least one of everything else, including a Talon II.

It's good even without incendiary since there's a nice synergy with the Turian stability bonus and the Talon's kick. Disruptor ammo is also really good since the Talon will prime a tech burst nearly every time it hits. Alternatively cryo ammo in a Talon is awesome for crowd control. It's also light enough that you can still spam overload and warp to your heart's content. The Hurricane is also pretty great for similar reasons since you can get 100% stability with the mod + turian passive. Piranha is also good; really any powerful good with a light weight works.

Here's a caster build.

Turian Sent. is good because you have plenty of durability between the shields and the tech armor. You have overload for shields and crowd control. Warp for armor. You can also carry a gun with way more power than a Carnifex. It's a pretty versatile class overall.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Bloody Pom posted:

This is what I roll with for Demolisher. You have all the durability of wet cardboard, but if you find a nice spot to set up nothing will withstand the constant barrage of grenades and tech bursts.

Also, that build is a bit bugged. You actually have 11 grenades to play with.
You know, if you took power damage on the pylon you'd improve your grenades' damage.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

That is... actually a very good point. :v:

Now to hope that I get a respec card soon...

TacticalGranny
Feb 6, 2008

Bloody Pom posted:

So I think I've found a way to make FBWGG farming fun again. Play as the Demolisher. Sure, you're spending the entire round camped in the same spot, but the explosions. My god, it's glorious.

If anyone wants to add me, Origin ID is BloodyPom. Already put myself on the list but so far no-one's added me. :sigh:

Friend requests go in either direction, just sayin. :shrug:

also, friend request sent

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I was trying to yesterday after just getting back into the game. Unfortunately Origin's friendlist was throwing a shitfit. Again.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Sep 8, 2012

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Just unlocked the Talon X. :getin:

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Today of all days I unlock both Vorcha characters.

I did a Bronze solo with the Soldier on a 6/6/3/5/6 build (I took Carnage to set off Fire explosions and then didn't bother after the first couple because everything died so quickly on Bronze, but it might come in handy on silver and gold). It was glorious. It guarantees me the chance to get an Eagle III on Tuesday.

But rolling with incendiary ammo, carnage and flamer means you can blow everything up.

But Geth Primes literally just melt on Bronze. Give them a bit of Piranha to get their shields down a bit and then flame away.

Just missing the Krogan Battlemaster and N7 Slayer now.

I've got four characters at 20, I'll finish leveling the other two, so I'm just going to by occasional jumbo equipment packs from now on and save credits for loads of PSPs when the next DLC is out.

I'm guessing the next DLC will have some maps based on levels in Leviathan, and likely loads six more alien characters to play with and some probably highly dubious weapons.

When is the next DLC out?

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

There's currently no news whatsoever about future DLC at the moment. Based on the every 7 weeks pattern that previous DLC have followed the next DLC came out last Tuesday so in a sense we're due for one and the operation flavor seems to be hinting at one coming. They may just be giving players a chance to finish up Leviathan before releasing the multiplayer DLC because some of the new classes are spoiler-ish.

This is all just speculation though, I've started hording credits but there aren't even the usual rumors at this point.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.
Well, gibbed hasn't posted anything about upcoming DLC lately so I doubt it's due soon :colbert:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Burning Mustache posted:

Well, gibbed hasn't posted anything about upcoming DLC lately so I doubt it's due soon :colbert:

This occurred to me too. Hasn't there been a leak prior to every DLC, including Leviathan and the Extended Cut?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Pubbie Kroguard uses a medigel on wave 11 while I was standing over him. :suicide:

That's what I get for not solo-ing the Operation.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

It only counts for the first 10 waves so you should be fine.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

UnknownMercenary posted:

It only counts for the first 10 waves so you should be fine.

Are you sure that's the way it's arranged? I would've thought the 10-wave allowance simply meant that you could wipe in wave 11, not that you could use consumables then.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I'm just going by the wording in the announcement, which has never been confusing or contradictory before. :downs:

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

This game is turning me into an elitist prick. Every time someone with a low N7 joins I think "oh well, don't want to be that guy, I'll give them a chance" and every time they poo poo the bed. Where are all these mythical good players who don't promote because everyone under 120 is rear end on PC.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

VJeff posted:

This occurred to me too. Hasn't there been a leak prior to every DLC, including Leviathan and the Extended Cut?

And the new weapons they released recently are so far SP only, right?

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Two Finger posted:

And the new weapons they released recently are so far SP only, right?

If you're referring to the Firefight Pack, most of them were originally MP weapons (like the Harrier and Reegar) that you can just now use in SP too, and some are all-new weapons (Adas rifle, Punisher SMG) that are only usable in SP, yes.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Elotana posted:

This game is turning me into an elitist prick. Every time someone with a low N7 joins I think "oh well, don't want to be that guy, I'll give them a chance" and every time they poo poo the bed. Where are all these mythical good players who don't promote because everyone under 120 is rear end on PC.

I got kicked out of 4 plat lobbies in a row today. :confused:

N7 690, using a level 20 class (GI or demolisher) with gear and a mic.

I dunno, seemed weird.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Hyperactive posted:

A less versatile but still effective alternative to the caster that I've been using since the promotion event two weeks back is a shooter build. By dropping warp you can make yourself a very tough tank, you have overload for crowd control and shredding shields and barriers, and the stability from Turian Veteran is great for the Hurricane. There's also a little surplus weight if you want to throw in a heavy pistol for special purposes. Ditching warp means you'll need to use an ammo power for the sake of your performance against armor, but that's usually not a big deal. A power amp consumable is also good, because it'll give you the ability to pop a phantom's barrier on gold with one cast and a quick hurricane burst.

With overload, I personally like neural shock because I don't typically notice an extra quarter second on the cooldown, and it has a marginal but sometimes noticeable impact on overall effectiveness.

TacticalGranny
Feb 6, 2008

EvanSchenck posted:

A less versatile but still effective alternative to the caster that I've been using since the promotion event two weeks back is a shooter build. By dropping warp you can make yourself a very tough tank, you have overload for crowd control and shredding shields and barriers, and the stability from Turian Veteran is great for the Hurricane. There's also a little surplus weight if you want to throw in a heavy pistol for special purposes. Ditching warp means you'll need to use an ammo power for the sake of your performance against armor, but that's usually not a big deal. A power amp consumable is also good, because it'll give you the ability to pop a phantom's barrier on gold with one cast and a quick hurricane burst.

With overload, I personally like neural shock because I don't typically notice an extra quarter second on the cooldown, and it has a marginal but sometimes noticeable impact on overall effectiveness.

I have also had good success with an Overload only build, but I will never take neural shock. Things that fall down behind cover are much harder to shoot in the head. I've found that the Indra and (optional) heavy pistol are an excellent mesh with this type of build.

Pumpking
Oct 27, 2007

Who is number 1?
^^Neural shock also does double damage against organics (shields, barriers and health).

It will be interesting to see what characters they come up with for the next DLC because its hard to think of good character/power combos without them being too similar to existing characters. Whatever they do, I hope they add some more aliens. A new Turian and Salarian especially would be very welcome. Salarian sentinel maybe? He could be an Eclipse merc. Or blackwatch Turian infiltrator. A character with the Leviathan DLC power dominate would also be pretty good. In fact some sort of Leviathan controlled reaper character would be pretty amazing.

Either that or a prothean :shepface:

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Here's an even more fun way to do GGW: Gold Cerberus Glacier with one or two Furies, a Justicar, and some other assorted biotics. It's like dubstep D-Day. I mean you could camp the panic room, or you could hunt down spawns instead and get things done much faster and have just enough risk to keep things interesting without actually being risky, if that makes sense.

I tried to Fraps a 20 minute run I did with some other people from this thread this evening but hey, turns out bargain bin 5400rpm HDDs can't really keep up with 1080p video :saddowns:

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Get a raid array noob :smug:

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

Pumpking posted:

It will be interesting to see what characters they come up with for the next DLC because its hard to think of good character/power combos without them being too similar to existing characters.

Well, the best things that have come out have really been one's that fix ideas that didn't work initially. Kroguards and Vorcha can actually tank, Demolishers are grenade heavy without needing ammo boxes, Destroyers are immune to stagger so they can bullet-hose effectively. Personally I'm hoping for something like an Asari Vanguard with warp grenades (or something better at priming than lift grenades), and maybe a class built around a turret, like the FQE, but good.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

TacticalGranny posted:

I have also had good success with an Overload only build, but I will never take neural shock. Things that fall down behind cover are much harder to shoot in the head. I've found that the Indra and (optional) heavy pistol are an excellent mesh with this type of build.

An odd thing I've found about neural shock is that it always makes the target fall down away from you. Regardless of the direction they are facing or from which you hit them, they will always fall down on their back as if they were just facing you, which makes it annoyingly hard to headshot them on the ground, so the best you can do at that point is ensure they won't reproduce.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Dilb posted:

and maybe a class built around a turret, like the FQE, but good.

In the demo, when I noticed that Engineers had Sentry Turret I got so loving excited to lay out some big area-denial thing like the Cerberus Engineers did. You can only imagine my disappointment when I simply hucked a floaty paperweight at them. Give us real turrets dammit! :argh:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Felinoid posted:

In the demo, when I noticed that Engineers had Sentry Turret I got so loving excited to lay out some big area-denial thing like the Cerberus Engineers did. You can only imagine my disappointment when I simply hucked a floaty paperweight at them. Give us real turrets dammit! :argh:
Did you have the flamethrower evolution? That always seemed like the primary point of the power.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
After they buffed it (at least once, maybe twice?) sure, but FT kinda sucked originally.

game should let you deploy a Cerberus turret and control it a la Wrangler engineers in TF2.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Paracelsus posted:

Did you have the flamethrower evolution? That always seemed like the primary point of the power.

That's really not the point. Or rather, not my point. The flamethrower's nice and all, but nothing compares to setting down a giant block of metal with a gatling gun on top of it to shred anyone that pokes their head in the wrong doorway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

TacticalGranny posted:

I have also had good success with an Overload only build, but I will never take neural shock. Things that fall down behind cover are much harder to shoot in the head.

I've read this complaint a lot since the demo, and I've never understood it. An enemy that is downed by neural shock doesn't do anything until after he stands back up, so he doesn't really need to be shot until he's stood up again. Once he's stood up and needs shooting, you can see him again. If neural shock causes an enemy to fall out of sight where you can't hit him, you can move him to the bottom of your list of things to shoot at, and work on somebody else. If he's the only enemy around, and you can't stand to wait literally two seconds for him to stand back up, then there's probably a larger issue at work for you.

Neural shock also has other neat effects, for example if you cast chain overload with neural shock on an enemy that is protected or otherwise immune, and the chain jumps to an enemy that isn't, the neural shock will take effect on that second enemy. Being able to take one basic enemy out of consideration for a couple seconds usually isn't that useful, but there are times when it comes in handy. i.e. phantoms and atlases are often surrounded by lesser enemies when they attack, and those enemies can easily kill you while you're occupied with the more dangerous target. Neural shock will chain off the atlas and onto something that's vulnerable to it, and its one less thing to worry about. It's just an incremental improvement in your crowd control, and I find it more useful than .2 seconds of cooldown.

The extra damage against most enemy types is also good.

• Locked thread