Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

RetroHelix posted:

Castriota Chevrolet in the Tampa Bay area has always had terrible commercials. This is their worst.

"Castriota Chevrolet Goes Topless"

And I see it three times a day.

All of them are so loving cheesy. I HEARD TOM CASTRIOTA WON AN OSCAR!! :downs: :frogout:

Of course it could be worse and be Jim Browne commercials, the dude that owns like 23948293842 car dealerships around Tampa/Hillsborough County.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClearAirTurbulence
Apr 20, 2010
The earth has music for those who listen.
I hate all the Time-Warner Cable commercials. Ricky Gervaise and the dummy grenade, stupid True Blood tie-in with raining blood, all of them.

constantIllusion
Feb 16, 2010

RetroHelix posted:

Castriota Chevrolet in the Tampa Bay area has always had terrible commercials. This is their worst.

"Castriota Chevrolet Goes Topless"

And I see it three times a day.

You call that bad? Everyone in Upstate New York would consider a huge step up from the likes of Billy Fucillo:

Billy Fucillo talks to God.

IT'S HUUUUUUUUGE!.

Roflcopter
Dec 21, 2004

I guess this poo poo has been around since March? I must have blocked it out of my memory but its back and its going to be the end of me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xm3jQuS_Jo

iamathousandapples
Jul 12, 2012
That new Accucheck Nano commercial has to be one of the most irritating pop songs I've ever heard. Something about her voice and those lyrics just grates my ears.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Hey guys, it's football season again! Guess what that means! If you guessed "new Ford F-150 commercials where Dennis Leary speaks and the words appear on the screen as he's speaking them," you're absolutely right!

They've been doing this kind of lazy commercial for at least three years. Give it up.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Y-Hat posted:

Hey guys, it's football season again! Guess what that means! If you guessed "new Ford F-150 commercials where Dennis Leary speaks and the words appear on the screen as he's speaking them," you're absolutely right!

They've been doing this kind of lazy commercial for at least three years. Give it up.

HEY. Do you like cars? Like, truck cars? How about ones that are really good at doing truck car things, like pulling stuff or running over deer? Of course you do. Buy our truck car, voted top truck car by people who know truck cars.

The only thing I like about Ford commercials these days is that they aren't trying to make Hemi into a buzzword anymore

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Vicas posted:

The only thing I like about Ford commercials these days is that they aren't trying to make Hemi into a buzzword anymore

That would be because Hemi is a Dodge thing.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Truck commercials are the worst because they are all doing these like ridiculously rugged things such as hauling boulders up a flaming spire of fire death. Because you know, when you go into the dealership you want to cover your bases and make sure you have a vehicle that can handle such an occasion.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Mister Kingdom posted:

That would be because Hemi is a Dodge thing.

Oh. So much for distinctive advertising, I guess.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

iamathousandapples posted:

That new Accucheck Nano commercial has to be one of the most irritating pop songs I've ever heard. Something about her voice and those lyrics just grates my ears.

No joke, went to bed with that stuck in my head last night.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Are they really using that "I'm Coming Home" song for the new Assassin's Creed game?! :psyduck:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No car commercials can measure up to anything Bob Rohrman has produced. Go search him on Youtube, there's so many and they always suck.

There's one awesome moment though, about 10 years ago he was in town doing a live event and he ended up in the emergency room. Well the rumor is he had stuffed a gerbil up his rear end and had to have it removed in the ER. This rumor persisted for years and then he turns up in an ad for his local Toyota dealer in a loving gerbil costume.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

DrBouvenstein posted:

Are they really using that "I'm Coming Home" song for the new Assassin's Creed game?! :psyduck:

Legitimately disappointed that it wasn't this "I'm Coming Home" song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJdibeZlhiE

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Farbtoner posted:

Legitimately disappointed that it wasn't this "I'm Coming Home" song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJdibeZlhiE

I thought so too, this is also the opening song to Skate 3.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
drat you Cheap CGI Man, involving kids and being self-aware doesn't make it any better!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgfchvQJPbw

Every single local car commercial in Oklahoma is completely terrible.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Holy poo poo that av owns really hard.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG0t57PUTaM

Eddie, Eddie, Eddie...:sigh:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Uni-Ball can go gently caress themself. When testing out the new Steam Big Picture mode, I put on a Youtube video and got some lovely ads (I hate having no ad block), but somehow after the video was over it loaded up Facebook for this awful product and kept playing some humming noise. Didn't think much of it since I figured it was just the Steam Big Picture mode's background noise, until I started hearing it in Sleeping Dogs. I will never buy a product from this group ever thanks to this crap.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.
I'm on vacation in Los Angeles, coming from Belgium. Apparently, commercials for lawyers, credit cards and insurances are not only commonplace but half the commercial break consist of them.

Also, every commercial involving the household requires a dog.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fragrag posted:

I'm on vacation in Los Angeles, coming from Belgium. Apparently, commercials for lawyers, credit cards and insurances are not only commonplace but half the commercial break consist of them.

Also, every commercial involving the household requires a dog.

Welcome to Day Time local TV in the US. You should also start seeing ads for online universities and companies that buy your injury settlements from you.

Call JG Wentworth if you need cash NOW!

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx
Getting tired of smug fat guy Southern Comfort ad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygeWsoYYMuQ

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Lee Harvey Oswald posted:

Getting tired of smug fat guy Southern Comfort ad.

TNT plays that all god damned day. I'm actually glad they stopped showing The Closer / Law & Order in the afternoons in favor of THE MENTALIST ALL DAY EVERY DAY, because now I don't have to see that commercial eighteen times an hour.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

I love baseball. I love baseball on TV. You know what I hate about baseball on TV, though? This loving Chevrolet commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV-Eulu_SnU&feature=related

I can't begin to explain how irrationally angry that stupid loving song makes me. Every. loving. Time.

Tragedienne
Sep 7, 2007

"I need your stage no longer. I dance for myself."
I guess freecreditscore.com decided people liked their original band better and brought them back. Yay. :suicide:

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

dpbjinc posted:

drat you Cheap CGI Man, involving kids and being self-aware doesn't make it any better!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgfchvQJPbw

Every single local car commercial in Oklahoma is completely terrible.

Edmond Hyundai has been the bane of my existence for years. However, the Fowler dealership group commercials with Chad Stevens are usually kind of amusing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcRWdPMUhzg

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Thanks for the input, Jeff!

constantIllusion posted:

You call that bad? Everyone in Upstate New York would consider a huge step up from the likes of Billy Fucillo:

Billy Fucillo talks to God.

IT'S HUUUUUUUUGE!.

Somebody was telling me they were channel surfing on vacation in Florida and discovered he has dealerships down there, too. Worse yet, he seems to be putting out infomercials there.

But hey, cocaine is expensive I guess.

Notgothic fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Sep 13, 2012

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I have occasionally wondered what happened to Master P after his rap career seemed to abruptly vaporize in the early 2000s.

I didn't think I would find him and Li'l Romeo shilling for some diploma mill, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdY-CecgzZE

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

raditts posted:

I have occasionally wondered what happened to Master P after his rap career seemed to abruptly vaporize in the early 2000s.

I didn't think I would find him and Li'l Romeo shilling for some diploma mill, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdY-CecgzZE

He showed up in this Snickers spot too

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Y-Hat posted:

I'm numb to those Ford ads. The ginger neckbeard in the wheat field plugging NFL Network games and NFL.com is currently the frontrunner for most irritating as hell ads of the football season and it's only week 2.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Robnoxious posted:

I'm numb to those Ford ads. The ginger neckbeard in the wheat field plugging NFL Network games and NFL.com is currently the frontrunner for most irritating as hell ads of the football season and it's only week 2.

I know people bitch about the low budget local ads being bad, and they are, but I can understand how that happens. To have a MAJOR media property run ads like this is mind boggling. They are really some of the worst ads I've ever seen.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I rarely go from zero to hate it in the span of one commercials but the Coke Zero "Or" commercial is the most annoying thing I have seen this week.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Sash! posted:

I rarely go from zero to hate it in the span of one commercials but the Coke Zero "Or" commercial is the most annoying thing I have seen this week.

Agree. It's a shame, as I rather like him in Community and the Hangover movies, but he is so annoying in this ad.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Holy poo poo, a commercial for "Tag Away" a homeopathic (:rolleyes:) skin tag remover.

just a bunch of close-ups of people's nasty skin tags. :gonk:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

raditts posted:

He tried really, really hard to cultivate a film career but that flopped pretty hard.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He may be a bad rapper and actor but Master P is rich as gently caress.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wxGH7aq780

Saw this on YouTube; loved it.

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy
Who are the people on the AT&T don't text while driving commercials? I've seen two of them where some girl/guy talks about their amazing career and all their fans but I have no clue who they are. Are they on Glee or something like that?

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

yeah this was linked to me on Facebook - pretty brilliant, and so so creepy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I don't play Wow, so I just see their ads on TV to learn about new expansions and poo poo...but is their new expansion literally Kung Fu Panda?

I mean...there are pandas...they're doing Kung Fu...and the commercials seem like they're going to totally serious route, not a tongue-in-cheek kind of thing.

And the land is called "Pandara?" Really? So are owl-people next, from "Owlra"?