Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

I saw a pubbie miss a banshee with a rocket on bronze.

Yup.

Hell, it's not the worst offense. Those Banshees are some slippery sons-of-bitches.

Now, missing a Brute with two missiles on Bronze? At that point you just have to take a step back and seriously re-examine your life.

I've seen it happen. Never again will I perform a :ughh: as hard as I did that day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I've seen missiles do some baffling things, possibly the most notable of which involved a shot fired at the torso area of two Geth Primes appearing to impact but somehow doing no damage to them, instead blowing up two pyros that were standing behind them.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I've seen missiles do some baffling things, possibly the most notable of which involved a shot fired at the torso area of two Geth Primes appearing to impact but somehow doing no damage to them, instead blowing up two pyros that were standing behind them.

The worst is when you fire at the floor or wall to make sure you don't miss...and it just goes straight through. Whenever that happens it renews my wishes for saveable playbacks with a flycam, because I want to watch where it goes. Maybe even zoom way out at 5 seconds before it happens and just watch for it to fly out of the map and keep on going. :allears:

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Missing with missiles is entertaining enough to make up for the rage. Best one I've had was a gold game where I fired at an atlas surrounded by phantoms and it went directly between the legs of the atlas and flew off the map never exploding

I've also fired a missile at two banshees only for it to hit a lone swarmer in front of them and have the swarmer be the only kill

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
gently caress this game. I was playing a Geth/Giant/Gold match with my Kroguard and it was down to a single Geth Prime; the rest of the group wiped and I was out of gel. There was like one sliver of armor left on the thing and my shields went down - so I charged. Well, I pressed the charge button anyways, and nothing happened. And I pressed it again and again. Nothing. Then I died.

I was hosting the drat game too!

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Hell, it's not the worst offense. Those Banshees are some slippery sons-of-bitches.
Just played a round on gold, had two banshees within five feet of me, fired a missile point-blank, and only one of them got hurt.

Then one magnet-handed me twenty feet back when I tried to run.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

1st AD posted:

gently caress this game. I was playing a Geth/Giant/Gold match with my Kroguard and it was down to a single Geth Prime; the rest of the group wiped and I was out of gel. There was like one sliver of armor left on the thing and my shields went down - so I charged. Well, I pressed the charge button anyways, and nothing happened. And I pressed it again and again. Nothing. Then I died.

I was hosting the drat game too!

Attacks with stun including the Geth Primes attack will sometimes cause your powers to "jam." The only way I've found to remedy it is the fire your weapon. I don't know if that was intentional but it is complete bullshit either way.

Basically, gently caress you Bioware. You can't design or program a game for poo poo anymore.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Edward IV posted:

Basically, gently caress you Bioware. You can't design or program a game for poo poo anymore.
This implies that they ever could. Not only have the Mass Effect games all been crash/bug-prone, even KOTOR had glitches and crashes all over the place. And all of these were on console versions, where there's really no excuse.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I've fired right through a Geth Prime's legs twice. On one of these occasions, the team wiping swiftly followed. :/

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Edward IV posted:

Attacks with stun including the Geth Primes attack will sometimes cause your powers to "jam." The only way I've found to remedy it is the fire your weapon. I don't know if that was intentional but it is complete bullshit either way.

Is that why I can't Charge half the time unless I try to fire my gun at the same time? For gently caress's sake.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Paracelsus posted:

This implies that they ever could. Not only have the Mass Effect games all been crash/bug-prone, even KOTOR had glitches and crashes all over the place. And all of these were on console versions, where there's really no excuse.

I was giving them the benefit of the doubt since this is actually the first game I've personally played from them though I haven't touched the single player. I can thank my brother (who I think has played every recent Bioware game) for getting me into this mess.

So what gives? Does EA not give Bioware enough money, time, and manpower to put out a polished and (predominately) bug-free game? Or is that not how Bioware does things? :v:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Paracelsus posted:

ahaha that reminds me of that stupid bug where if Mission is stealthed and enters a certain cutscene, some NPC will not notice her and it will not trigger her dialogue and the game just freezes in place.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Edward IV posted:

I was giving them the benefit of the doubt since this is actually the first game I've personally played from them though I haven't touched the single player. I can thank my brother (who I think has played every recent Bioware game) for getting me into this mess.

So what gives? Does EA not give Bioware enough money, time, and manpower to put out a polished and (predominately) bug-free game? Or is that not how Bioware does things? :v:

Baldur's Gate was pretty drat solid, so they haven't always been like this.

But yeah, EA is "hit-driven", which means they want to get big-name stuff out the door as frequently as possible, and 'quality' is only important so far as they'll do the minimum to keep people buying. Naturally they do their best to impress this importance of SHIP NOW onto all their slave child companies. Whether Bioware took to this naturally or even before EA ate them, or if they're resisting, is hard to say from the outside, but at the very least it is certainly a heavy pressure on them.

James R
Dec 22, 2006

I hear they're still eating paper. Is that true?
The sheer number of people using medigel and/or missile launchers when they really don't need to and could get away with playing the whole game without is annoying me somewhat tonight. Douchebags.

Pumpking
Oct 27, 2007

Who is number 1?

surrender posted:

So when Phantoms put up their bullshit shields, are they also immune to grenade damage? On a recent Gold match, I hit one with multiple multi-frags and it didn't take any damage, but it still took damage from my guns.

They count as powers. That loving shield would let a phantom survive a direct hit with a thermonuclear warhead if it counted as a power.

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012
So I finally managed to pull an N7 class from a premium Spectre pack... and it's a Destroyer :sigh: . Any recommendations for load out? I haven't been playing for long so my arsenal isn't too developed...

Tyrel Lohr
Mar 1, 2007

No, sir, I don't care for Frungy.

James R posted:

The sheer number of people using medigel and/or missile launchers when they really don't need to and could get away with playing the whole game without is annoying me somewhat tonight. Douchebags.

It wasn't until this operation that I realize how little I use consumables. If you have a good group on Silver or lower you can usually get by without them. I will medigel if I do something stupid that I know was stupid because I don't want to risk getting any other squadmates killed trying to resurrect me, but otherwise I hate to do it on anything less than a money round.

I'm just glad that I did my runs on Friday evening so that I wouldn't have to deal with the "let's spam consumables like idiots" brigade. Of course, I'm one to be talking - earlier today I had to whip out a rocket launcher to try and save us from wiping and ended up taking out a single geth pyro.

:ughh:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

HaitianDivorce posted:

So I finally managed to pull an N7 class from a premium Spectre pack... and it's a Destroyer :sigh: . Any recommendations for load out? I haven't been playing for long so my arsenal isn't too developed...

Why are you sighing over getting a Destroyer :raise:

The class abilities give your weapons ROF, mag size, and stability bonuses. Anything fully automatic and/or hilariously powerful is your friend. Harrier, Indra, Pirhana, Revenant, Typhoon, etc...

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Why do certain attacks stagger Krogan that other characters ignore? Whenever I play Krogan I get staggered by every Geth Prime and Hunter shot which all my other classes can run through like nothing happened. You'd think it would be the other way around.

I'm in the middle of another bad luck streak. Most PSPs are just giving me the likes of Graal Spike Thrower, Widow, Acolyte, everything I don't want/will likely never use seriously. Feels like I'm never getting an N7 Shadow here. At least I'm not set on getting any ultra-rares right now, since then I would be really disappointed.

HaitianDivorce posted:

Use the two heaviest weapons you have and hold down mouse 1.

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Sep 10, 2012

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me
I've had 255 ammo for ages so I decided to make a drell adept and take it out for a spin. Fun as poo poo, grenade capacity 5 makes you a beast. Even though half the games I played with it was geth gold I really didn't feel the supposed squishiness of the class. The fast movement speed means you're dodging alot of the stuff coming your way or ducking out of enemies lines of sight faster than they can process.

In one of those games, I saw a guy get disconnected 30 seconds before extraction :(

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

Psion posted:

Why are you sighing over getting a Destroyer :raise:

The class abilities give your weapons ROF, mag size, and stability bonuses. Anything fully automatic and/or hilariously powerful is your friend. Harrier, Indra, Pirhana, Revenant, Typhoon, etc...

Yeah, there we go. 'Cuz I don't have any of those yet. Guess I'll put off playing around with him till I get something better than a Striker :v:

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
That's... an interesting sniper nest, bro. :raise:

He made it back to the spawn for extraction, too.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

HaitianDivorce posted:

Yeah, there we go. 'Cuz I don't have any of those yet. Guess I'll put off playing around with him till I get something better than a Striker :v:

I can roll an Avenger and Scimitar on my Destroyer and pull 80-90k.

Just equip the best weapons you currently have and never turn Devastator Mode off.

James R
Dec 22, 2006

I hear they're still eating paper. Is that true?
Pretty much unlocked all the characters at this point and struggle to pick a favourite. This makes me lose interest.. I think I preferred it when I only had a couple to choose from!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Magmarashi posted:

I can roll an Avenger and Scimitar on my Destroyer and pull 80-90k.

Just equip the best weapons you currently have and never turn Devastator Mode off.

Yeah, this. I bet you could do fine with an Avenger or Phaeston. Take heavy barrel and piercing, go to town.

Or, you know, a Hurricane. Tempest. Whatever you have where you say "this would be cooler if only it fired more bullets."

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

FronzelNeekburm posted:

People who do this are the loving worst. Last time I had a guy doing this, he was completely worthless. Me and another guy had to carry the entire match, then when the two of us wipe on Wave 11 after fighting the Reapers ourselves for 10 goddammn waves (he didn't bother coming down for the objective waves), he takes two steps back, falls off the map and respawns in the extraction zone. I wanted to throw something.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

VJeff posted:

I've fired right through a Geth Prime's legs twice. On one of these occasions, the team wiping swiftly followed. :/
Had an unfortunate bout tonight of my Kroguard's heavy melee repeatedly going right through Primes like they wasn't there and doing no damage.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Hahahahahaha how in the gently caress

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Looking on YouTube, it's apparently possible to do a combat roll forward from the upper platform to the thin catwalk at the back of the level, then run back to that spot.

The video explaining it is from April. :mad:

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Spaceman Bill posted:

Hahahahahaha how in the gently caress

I saw it myself a looong time ago once, so its been around for a while. Of the many glitches that MP has, this is one of the less egregious since it only affects Hydra, and there's really no point in staying up there not helping with objective waves like an rear end in a top hat unless you want to make the team wipe.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Eurodance Krogan, guest starring GestaltIntellect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl3UXwD6FBk

Elotana fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Sep 10, 2012

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Elotana posted:

Christ, dude, no offense meant but you have the worst music choices.

Anyways, I had a break from this for a few weeks 'cause I had internet problems and was playing other games anyway, but now I really feel like falcon-punching poo poo in the face and all that other fun ME3 activity again.
So, anyone who doesn't have me on their Origin flist yet, feel free to add ChaosWombat. I'm fine with any difficulty, really, though I mostly stick to silver and gold.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Nordick posted:

Christ, dude, no offense meant but you have the worst music choices.
To be fair that's an intentionally cheesy combination

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Elotana posted:

To be fair that's an intentionally cheesy combination
Well yeah I gathered that, but let me just say I'm not the biggest fan of the kind of music you have, according to your own words, just been listening to while playing. :v:
But I guess that's enough off-topic for now, I'm gonna see if the game will actually work now.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Elotana posted:

You seem to be implying that there is a true Krogan that is not pink. This is untrue.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
All my krogan are as pink as they can get and headbutt all teammates during downtime (or when poo poo hits the fan).

I'll be on a good bit tonight to do whatever. New favorite is shadow but I'm always open to warpsplosion parties on an adept or sentinel. Origin-ID is teh_DK for those who don't have it already.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
My man here feels that pink certainly has its place, but should not be the only color you make use of:

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

zxqv8 posted:

My man here feels that pink certainly has its place, but should not be the only color you make use of:

Kroguards and salarians are the best for mixing a bunch of hideous colors together. I've been complimented for my "incredibly loud krogan outfit" before.

Dr Intergalactic
Apr 21, 2010

CRASH!
:sharpton:
AGAIN!
I have been riding the coattails of folks in gold matches for about a week now. Making a little difference with my demolisher. Something odd happened Saturday evening. I played a gold match with another demolisher and two destroyers, on White. Geth. (xbox)

One of the destroyers was missile launching everything the first round. I mean everything. Seemed weird but I hadn't seen the class power launcher in action, so I figured they were both running it.

Next match he bumps it up to platinum. I got maybe 5k points. It was no contest. Missle Launcher hit anything and everything. It didn't hit me until after the match that that couldn't be normal. That would be a game breaking power. Was this missile glitching, or whatever?

Best part is, before I really thought about it, I sent him a message thanking him, complimenting his sick launcher. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I am so jealous of people with the krogan vanguard. :smith:

• Locked thread