Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Only my Kroguard is pink (with camo blood red pattern because it's hard to keep clean when you're headbutting). My krogan soldier has turtles colors because you can't really make the exposed bits pink enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dr Intergalactic posted:

Best part is, before I really thought about it, I sent him a message thanking him, complimenting his sick launcher. :)

This guy was absolutely missile glitching if he killed anything above a husk with a missile launcher. The shoulder launcher power is basically useless. I don't mind playing a game or two with missile glitchers, it just gets boring after a few rounds. Clearing 270k credits for 2 platinum rounds in ~30 minutes is just too tempting to quit.

If they kick me in the lobby for playing a proper class though I report them, because they're jerks and I am a nice man who plays nice.

EDIT: I've got a universal darkest purple main color, light/bright blue highlight, yellow secondary color, light/bright blue lights color scheme that looks really loving slick on everything. Alternately you can swap the yellow/purple but keep the highlight and lights color the same. Screencap later. Took me a while to figure out, but I had some time to kill.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Sep 10, 2012

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Kroguards and salarians are the best for mixing a bunch of hideous colors together.
Ayup.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
:barf: That is so ugly I must steal it for my Salarian. Brilliant.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.
I find the camo pattern works much better than the stripe patterns for maximum :barf: effect.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Elotana posted:

To be fair that's an intentionally cheesy combination

Okay, good, you're the guy to talk to. I need about 11 minutes of super dramatic and yet cheesy as all poo poo music that won't get me flagged on Youtube for copyright for the worst video ever. I mean, I want it to be awful.

so, what should I do?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Wow, I have almost the exact same colors; just another shade of puke green instead of pink.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Psion posted:

Okay, good, you're the guy to talk to. I need about 11 minutes of super dramatic and yet cheesy as all poo poo music that won't get me flagged on Youtube for copyright for the worst video ever. I mean, I want it to be awful.

so, what should I do?

Chariots of fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6GiDC2bx40

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Psion posted:

so, what should I do?

Well there's always "O Fortuna" if you want the obvious choice.

Pumpking
Oct 27, 2007

Who is number 1?
Finally got a black widow meaning I now have every ultra rare weapon. I still have a lot of leveling up to do though. Most are level 1 and my highest currently is a scorpion III.
Jealous much :smug:

Dr Intergalactic
Apr 21, 2010

CRASH!
:sharpton:
AGAIN!

ACanofPepsi posted:

This guy was absolutely missile glitching if he killed anything above a husk with a missile launcher. The shoulder launcher power is basically useless. I don't mind playing a game or two with missile glitchers, it just gets boring after a few rounds. Clearing 270k credits for 2 platinum rounds in ~30 minutes is just too tempting to quit.

If they kick me in the lobby for playing a proper class though I report them, because they're jerks and I am a nice man who plays nice.

I remember now, he left after that game, which was disappointing because my tolerance for boring can be incredibly high when I'm getting that many credits.

At this point I'm actually searching for easy gold games on White/Geth. Don't quite have the gear/guns to be as deadly as I need to be for gold. That level affords the cover and safe flank I need to matter for my team. I'm a bum, basically.

Open Layer
Apr 16, 2008

Someone once complimented my Salarian engineers colour scheme. They said it looked like Disney had puked on him :3

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
The mythical double ultra rare pack exists!

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Pumpking posted:

Finally got a black widow meaning I now have every ultra rare weapon. I still have a lot of leveling up to do though. Most are level 1 and my highest currently is a scorpion III.
Jealous much :smug:

Nope. :shepface: I've played this game too much.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Nordick posted:

Christ, dude, no offense meant but you have the worst music choices.
Are you kidding? I still have the song from the slayer vid in my head. I don't even know what language it is, I've just got "ticky ticky ta" looping crazily.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Color scheme chat: On the opposite end of absolutely god-awful armor color schemes are completely slick-and-sexy color schemes. I don't have any worthwhile video capture software (I play on the Xbox) so I'll just have to describe my Kroguard's various color patterns:

All black with light blue lights for "Issac Clarke the Krogan." All white with light blue lights for "Tron the Krogan." Blue primary, blue highlight, white secondary, Pattern 2, red pattern, black lights for "Amer'ka, the American Krogan."

Enjoy!

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Color scheme chat: On the opposite end of absolutely god-awful armor color schemes are completely slick-and-sexy color schemes. I
Oh, sure. White primary w. a brown highlight and deep-red secondary looks great on pretty much everything, especially Salarians and geth. The more rounded/organic the armour is, the better it will look.

Krogan, Turians and anything with blockier, more segmented armour looks good with black primary, bright yellow secondary and bright yellow camo.

I still haven't found a way to make drell look good.

SurreptitiousMuffin fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Sep 10, 2012

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Color scheme chat: On the opposite end of absolutely god-awful armor color schemes are completely slick-and-sexy color schemes. I don't have any worthwhile video capture software (I play on the Xbox) so I'll just have to describe my Kroguard's various color patterns:

All black with light blue lights for "Issac Clarke the Krogan." All white with light blue lights for "Tron the Krogan." Blue primary, blue highlight, white secondary, Pattern 2, red pattern, black lights for "Amer'ka, the American Krogan."

Enjoy!

I always use a blue base color (use a nice blue primary, the super bright blue secondary) with yellow secondary/stripe/lights. As appropriate I will occasionally use black secondary if the yellow gets too overpowering. Looks good on everything so far.

For my Backwards Soldier, who uses conc shot (how dare he) I swapped it to yellow primary/blue highlight.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Magmarashi posted:

I can roll an Avenger and Scimitar on my Destroyer and pull 80-90k.

Just equip the best weapons you currently have and never turn Devastator Mode off.
poo poo, yeah, I did that this weekend. Topscored with my lvl 1 Devastator on Rio Bronze and I'd forgotten to change my weapons, so I just had an Avenger and Scimitar. Just shoot things and try not to die.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

I still haven't found a way to make drell look good.

Most drell I see use black with either red stripes or green (to match the skin). It's especially effective when you select Pattern 2 and match the pattern color to the Drell's olive-green skin color--it looks like tears in his suit that just look so badass. Personally I'm a fan of the red primary on the Drell. Style and/or swag.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I often get good looking results with a black primary with a more vivid highlight colour. Like, black with a red highlight will make the armour look like it's very deep, metallic red instead of black. Black with a dark yellow/orange (i.e. gold) highlight looks drat nice on a Batarian.
Doesn't work with all classes though, depends on the kind of material the armor/suit is made out of I guess. Some are less shiny so the highlight colour won't show as well.

Also, I discovered that picking a certain shade of orange as the secondary colour on the N7 Fury makes her outfit look rather, uhm, less than combat-worthy. :v:

I like to keep her like that just to take a piss on the usual female video game character design tropes.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Sep 11, 2012

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I'm not sure that's "taking the piss" of terrible female armor design.

You and that one guy on BSN who went to a lot of effort explaining how you could pick just the right shade of blue on the Asari Adept armor. :v: and/or :stonk:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Okay, does anybody else have this problem with the Hurricane? I put the SMG Heat Sink on it and it stops at 1 bullet left in the chamber, and it won't fire that last bullet or automatically reload.

It sounds minor, but I keep winding up standing there not knowing why my gun isn't firing or reloading for two or three seconds, which is about as much time as a Geth Hunter needs to repaint the walls with my brain matter.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
The Hurricane shoots two bullets at once.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

VJeff posted:

Okay, does anybody else have this problem with the Hurricane? I put the SMG Heat Sink on it and it stops at 1 bullet left in the chamber, and it won't fire that last bullet or automatically reload.

It sounds minor, but I keep winding up standing there not knowing why my gun isn't firing or reloading for two or three seconds, which is about as much time as a Geth Hunter needs to repaint the walls with my brain matter.

Are you using it on a Destroyer? It'll happen if you don't take the magazine size evolution on Devastator Mode, and can also happen if your clip size mod isn't leveled up and changes the magazine by an odd numbered percentage.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Psion posted:

I'm not sure that's "taking the piss" of terrible female armor design.

You and that one guy on BSN who went to a lot of effort explaining how you could pick just the right shade of blue on the Asari Adept armor. :v: and/or :stonk:
The way I see it, it takes the piss on it by making it look even more pointedly stupid and ridiculous since all the other females are wearing more or less practical looking (if sometimes garishly coloured) gear.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

On the other hand, it wouldn't be the least bit out of place in, say, Mortal Kombat.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Since the game insisted on giving me this annoying class I don't want to the point that it's the first gold character I have maxed, I put the options to the best/worst use I could.

Here's my manifest for reference.

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Sep 11, 2012

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Felinoid posted:

On the other hand, it wouldn't be the least bit out of place in, say, Mortal Kombat.
Exactly. Take an outfit like that that's par for the course in some other video games, put it next to some much more sensible looking stuff, and you make it a parody of itself.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

UnknownMercenary posted:

Are you using it on a Destroyer? It'll happen if you don't take the magazine size evolution on Devastator Mode, and can also happen if your clip size mod isn't leveled up and changes the magazine by an odd numbered percentage.

I was using the Heat Sink with the Stability Mod. So will using the Heat Sink with the Clip Size (which I have at V) fix the problem?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I believe you need the clip size mod and the skill evolution. I don't feel like burning 2 respec cards to check. I know that not having the skill will always give you an odd number of rounds no matter which mod you use.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I've had it happen on a non-Destroyer class, for what it's worth. Turian Soldier with Marksman, I think.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Nordick posted:

Also, I discovered that picking a certain shade of orange as the secondary colour on the N7 Fury makes her outfit look rather, uhm, less than combat-worthy. :v:

I like to keep her like that just to take a piss on the usual female video game character design tropes.

She can hang out with the Asari Adept.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Okay knock this creepy poo poo off before someone starts posting Quarian Butt GIFs

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Sweet, now we only have to figure out how to make the Destroyer look like he's wearing assless chaps and we're all set.

Yeah I'm all done with this derail.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Since the game insisted on giving me this annoying class I don't want to the point that it's the first gold character I have maxed, I put the options to the best/worst use I could.

Here's my manifest for reference.
The gently caress is your problem son? Smashguard owns. 6/6/6/X/X, Talon with melee mod, combo everything

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Elotana posted:

Okay knock this creepy poo poo off before someone starts posting Quarian Butt GIFs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x80u55S9_9E

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

five minutes. Five goddamn minutes after that post, you come up with this.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Elotana posted:

The gently caress is your problem son? Smashguard owns. 6/6/6/X/X, Talon with melee mod, combo everything

I don't like vanguards much. Had a few entertaining games with N7 Slayer, but in general I don't think the game itself is quite capable of handling the class.

You have to host to ensure you don't get raptured, if you don't host then any lag you experience hurts twice as much, and control bugs (of which there are many) frequently become the difference between life and death. Besides the glitch of charge not working until a weapon is fired which can definitely get you killed by itself, I've had charge be ready and activated but not trigger for three complete seconds for absolutely no other reason, on a Brute, that was five meters away, completely unobstructed by anything, and was definitely targeted.

That kind of bollocks just happens too much and the class ends up feeling far more frustrating than it should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pumpking
Oct 27, 2007

Who is number 1?

Elotana posted:

Wisdom.

Gangringo posted:

She can hang out with the Asari Adept.

Pervy stuff aside the Tron look you've got going here is pretty good. I dont normally pay much attention to colour schemes but I might have to try that.

• Locked thread