Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
I called up a store nearby that regularly breaks the street date for games, and they said they're expecting it on 29th Sept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucid Delusion
Dec 23, 2009

You're merely postponing the inevitable.
So my usual co-op partner won't be getting this at launch so if anyone is up for running through it let me know. I'd rather not be saddled with an A.I partner if RE5 is any indication of how that can play out.

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III

Lucid Delusion posted:

So my usual co-op partner won't be getting this at launch so if anyone is up for running through it let me know. I'd rather not be saddled with an A.I partner if RE5 is any indication of how that can play out.

Man, I'm going to hate if I lose my co-op partner. Not many people can put up with my frequent and repeated efforts to kill and/or dick them over. Oh, you did the Croc QTE inin RE5 perfect the first time? Let's see if you can do it another 20 times.

I get as good as I give, btw.

Lucid Delusion
Dec 23, 2009

Dragonrah posted:

Man, I'm going to hate if I lose my co-op partner. Not many people can put up with my frequent and repeated efforts to kill and/or dick them over. Oh, you did the Croc QTE inin RE5 perfect the first time? Let's see if you can do it another 20 times.

I get as good as I give, btw.

It's not a truly good partnership until you have hosed with one another like that. Plus it helped that neither of us could take the game seriously with D.C Douglas' hammy performance.

Mezurya
Dec 31, 2011

That's how I do!

Hey dudes, quick reminder for those who wanted to join in on the ORC LP. Make sure to send your contact info to "mezurya" on Skype or "Mezurya92" on Xbox Live soon, I'm gonna try to get this ball rolling. So far it's just me and Drakenel, so still got a bit of room.

-B l a z e i n g-
May 11, 2010
What are the differences between the 360 & PS3 versions?

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Downloading RE6 demo from Dragons Dogma now, finally. Haven't watched any demo gameplay or any leaked stuff so I'm excited to experience it for the first time.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!
Finally got my hands on the demo, so far impressed with the technical aspects on the ps3 given RE5's quality. I took a while to get used to the new controls scheme but gaddam this game is amazing, once you turn off the camera reset whenever you press X the game just clicks with you. If I were at Capcom I would counter the game's leak by releasing it earlier, because unless they hosed it up this is probably one of their best current games.

Honest Thief fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Sep 7, 2012

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Jake and Sherry are by far the most fun couple in the demo - gameplay and character-wise. I still haven't beaten that part in co-op, though. It's pretty hard for a demo and it's game over if your partner dies! The annoying part is the fact that the demo resets every time anyone dies so putting in a bunch of instant death scenarios perhaps wasn't such a smart idea.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Sep 8, 2012

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Are there any "casuals" left playing RE5 on PS3? The last time I played that loving mercs mode I died with 2 seconds left on the clock and now I am afraid to play with the neckbearded pubbies because I'm so bad, but I can't stop playing this lovely game, so I'm playing Professional with AI Sheva. I need help if I'm gonna 100% this fucker.

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER
For those that have played the demo; are you invulnerable while performing melee attacks like in RE4 and 5? It seemed like a fun idea when those games were made, but they can be abused pretty bad.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Has there been any word of how much, if any splitscreen coop will be in RE6?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Len posted:

Has there been any word of how much, if any splitscreen coop will be in RE6?

The entire game is done with a partner as far as I'm aware, although they've revamped the partner system. (At least in the demo it's more akin to Revelations where your partner is basically invincible if AI controlled.)

AASman posted:

For those that have played the demo; are you invulnerable while performing melee attacks like in RE4 and 5? It seemed like a fun idea when those games were made, but they can be abused pretty bad.

You're not invincible when doing regular melee attacks, but I believe you're still invincible when doing certain context-sensitive melee attacks. (i.e: Shoot 'em in the head, press A)

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Is there an RE6-specific thread? There was a link in the OP but it's archived...?

Am I in the minority for absolutely loving RE5? I've played RE, REmake, RE2, RE3, and RE5, so I preordered the RE6 Archives edition so I could also experience RE4 which I know some people loved. Luckily, I'll also get a copy of RE5 which I need to finish off three more achievements to 100% it since I only rented it in the past.

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III
I loved RE5(in co-op) and never really got into any other. I'm really hoping 6 is just as good in co-op. I also want to go back through the series if I can end up getting the archive edition.

Mezurya
Dec 31, 2011

That's how I do!
RE4 and RE5 are easily some of the best in the series, some people just don't like change. I still play 1 2 and 3 on my PSP from time to time and love them, but I've played and beat 4 and 5 several times each to 100%.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

AASman posted:

The only ones that make you invulnerable are the throws (like Jake's DDT).

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dragonrah posted:

I loved RE5(in co-op) and never really got into any other. I'm really hoping 6 is just as good in co-op. I also want to go back through the series if I can end up getting the archive edition.

If RE5 is where you started you liked it you're going to absolutely love RE4 and then pretend the rest of the series doesn't exist.

Archive edition doesn't come with Leon's Boat Adventure for the GBC, right? What kind of archive is this, CRAPcom?!?

SassyRobot
Jan 19, 2007

ANGRY WASHING duh-duh duh-duh duh-DUH!

Barudak posted:

Archive edition doesn't come with Leon's Boat Adventure for the GBC, right? What kind of archive is this, CRAPcom?!?

That's Barry's high seas adventure, dammit :mad:.

It's actually not an entirely bad game. Barry's anti-kleptomania is annoying, though. "I doubt I'd ever use this valve, I'll just leave it right here :downs:!"

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
We really need a pure action, heavily melee focused Barry and Josh spin-off series.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Leyburn posted:

We really need a pure action, heavily melee focused Barry and Josh spin-off series.

Man, this right here is all I ever want from another mercs game. Like that lovely 3ds game but with wrestling moves and straight up executing a zombie/ganado/majini.

Lucid Delusion
Dec 23, 2009

So Capcom announced DLC already. Three new modes that'll be exclusive to the 360 for a limited time. Already being advertised in commercials as well.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

Captain Walker posted:

Man, this right here is all I ever want from another mercs game. Like that lovely 3ds game but with wrestling moves and straight up executing a zombie/ganado/majini.

Yeah exactly, give me a really meaty, punchy handgun and I'm ready to go. I love the feel of the handguns in RE4 and 5, I hope it's not something that is missing from RE6.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Leyburn posted:

Barry Burton and Josh Stone go on a madcap roadtrip across Europe, tracking down the other Wesker children, and suplexing the gently caress out of them. They also solve mysteries.

Where's my money, Capcom?

Dr. Rank
Apr 2, 2003

Lucid Delusion posted:

So Capcom announced DLC already. Three new modes that'll be exclusive to the 360 for a limited time. Already being advertised in commercials as well.

That sucks. I worry that depending on when they are released there might not be a ton of support for them if people have moved on to the next thing or don't feel like shelling out the extra money, leading to a crummy experience on what could have been a fun mode to play.

SolidRed
Jan 23, 2008
and if you didn't know.... NOW YOU KNOW - Christian Cage

The Midniter posted:

Is there an RE6-specific thread? There was a link in the OP but it's archived...?

Am I in the minority for absolutely loving RE5? I've played RE, REmake, RE2, RE3, and RE5, so I preordered the RE6 Archives edition so I could also experience RE4 which I know some people loved. Luckily, I'll also get a copy of RE5 which I need to finish off three more achievements to 100% it since I only rented it in the past.

No I also absolutely loved RE5. It's just that talking about it in this thread is a mistake as alot of posters seem to think liking RE5 means you didn't like RE4. In my ideal world the RE4 remake that they made would have been RE4 on the much improved RE5 system. I would keep the Tetris inventory system mini game but also add the Dpad selection from RE5 for weapon/healing spray usage.

You should play RECV. It's the game where Wesker first becomes the Terminator/Neo as you see him in RE5 and if you enjoyed RE3 you should really enjoy RECV.

SolidRed fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Sep 12, 2012

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I got a review copy of RE6 yesterday, and after flailing madly at my debug 360 until it decided to loving work, just work baby, all I want is for you to love me, I've been playing the game for the last embarrassing number of hours.

I am under a spectacularly strict embargo concerning coverage of the game, and do not wish to get lawyered at, but I will say this for the benefit of all involved:

If you, like me, accidentally stumbled across the early spoilers, I am happy to confirm that they are rumors and untrue. I've cleared Leon and Chris's campaigns so far.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Yeah, I thought those rumours were bullshit.
Some new Mercenaries footage. Good to see taunts are back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPQwVjlF-u8

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Wanderer posted:

I got a review copy of RE6 yesterday, and after flailing madly at my debug 360 until it decided to loving work, just work baby, all I want is for you to love me, I've been playing the game for the last embarrassing number of hours.

I am under a spectacularly strict embargo concerning coverage of the game, and do not wish to get lawyered at, but I will say this for the benefit of all involved:

If you, like me, accidentally stumbled across the early spoilers, I am happy to confirm that they are rumors and untrue. I've cleared Leon and Chris's campaigns so far.

Are you able to confirm splitscreen coop? If it doesn't have any I'm going to cancel my preorder and wait until a friend can afford to pick it up before I do.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
It was confirmed months ago. :)

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Spermando posted:

It was confirmed months ago. :)

Yay! I was afraid they would pull an ORC and have none.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
If it's not against the spectacularly strict embargo, could you tell us how long it took you to complete the campaigns?

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Wanderer posted:

Are you enjoying the game? Is it better than 5? I wouldn't expect it to out do 4.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

Wanderer posted:

Just pm me something, Jill in?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Man, playing as Sheva after completing RE5 as Chris is jarring as hell. I get that she's southpaw and all, but can't I even get the option to switch camera shoulders?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Leyburn posted:

If it's not against the spectacularly strict embargo, could you tell us how long it took you to complete the campaigns?

I'm playing initially on Amateur to get used to the new controls. With that in mind, along with pauses to look around, scout for collectibles, and getting stuck figuring out where to go next or something, I'm knocking them down in about maybe seven to eight hours per campaign. That's ballpark; I don't have the game in front of me right now for exact figures.

I'm having fun overall. Next up, Jake's campaign.

Beyond that, I'm not saying poo poo about it to anyone until my embargo's lifted.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Captain Walker posted:

Are there any "casuals" left playing RE5 on PS3? The last time I played that loving mercs mode I died with 2 seconds left on the clock and now I am afraid to play with the neckbearded pubbies because I'm so bad, but I can't stop playing this lovely game, so I'm playing Professional with AI Sheva. I need help if I'm gonna 100% this fucker.

if you're still interested I've got weekends available and wouldn't mind doing Pro again (this time without destroying controllers and my vocal chords from the stupid AI).

Feel free to PM or look me up on PSN, my name there is Quadras

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Wanderer posted:

I'm playing initially on Amateur to get used to the new controls. With that in mind, along with pauses to look around, scout for collectibles, and getting stuck figuring out where to go next or something, I'm knocking them down in about maybe seven to eight hours per campaign. That's ballpark; I don't have the game in front of me right now for exact figures..

In my experience, all of RE5 was like 7 hours tops, and you can easily do it in 5 if you have good guns and know what to do. Is RE6 really three times as long? That is good news, and adds to my desire to pick up the game.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Captain Walker posted:

In my experience, all of RE5 was like 7 hours tops, and you can easily do it in 5 if you have good guns and know what to do. Is RE6 really three times as long? That is good news, and adds to my desire to pick up the game.

My first RE5 clear on Normal mode was twelve hours. So far on Amateur, I've cleared Leon, Chris, and Jake's campaigns in 19:30.

It's also worth mentioning that the parts of the game where the characters split up are more clearly delineated than in RE5 and you actually do different things depending on who you're playing as. I think there's all of two areas in RE5 where playing as Sheva gave you a distinctly different experience, but there's a lot of it about here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
A live action commercial for RE6 has premiered: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJgWtvV2fVo