Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I don't like vanguards much.

You're only saying that because you don't have a kroguard yet. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Felinoid posted:

You're only saying that because you don't have a kroguard yet. :colbert:

This is probable.

Open Layer
Apr 16, 2008

Finally! Just got my first shredder mod. The RNG finally smiled upon me.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Psion posted:

I've had it happen on a non-Destroyer class, for what it's worth. Turian Soldier with Marksman, I think.
The heat sink with the Hurricane will only add +1 bullet to the clip every time it procs, so if it proc'd an odd number of times you'll end up with only one bullet in the clip at the end.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Use the ping utility from the Bioware forums

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/12567065

90% of the time when someone goes to Vanguard heaven its because their host was from another continent and they didn't know it. I almost never lag out when I'm playing Vanguard as long as my host is American :911:

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Kroguards and salarians are the best for mixing a bunch of hideous colors together. I've been complimented for my "incredibly loud krogan outfit" before.
I know at least one other person in this thread independently came up with basically the same color scheme for their Geth:

(I stole the blue pattern when I promoted this time around.)

I'm rather proud of my other one, though:

It's a shame so many of the classes don't have very well-designed secondary/pattern areas on their costumes. :sigh:

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
While that is amazingly hideous, I just can't give up looking as much like a Hunter on my GethInfil as possible.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

My Geth Engineer is painted Rocket Trooper white

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Elotana posted:

My Geth Engineer is painted Rocket Trooper white

I saw an N7 Shadow today that I'm almost completely certain was intended to look like a Phantom. While I did take the opportunity to shoot it in the head a few times for good measure, it mostly just made me want the class more give it to me you goddamn RNG I know you're working with the desire sensor on this one

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

I used to go crazy coloring my characters. For a while I was making them match their weapons, then I came up with some schemes I thought were clever (iron man and master chief colors for cerberus dudes and wolverine colors for the vorcha) Now I just go for an across the board black/cyan look

Edit: Bonus weapon-matched human vanguard

Gangringo fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Sep 11, 2012

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Gangringo posted:

I used to go crazy coloring my characters. For a while I was making them match their weapons, then I came up with some schemes I thought were clever (iron man and master chief colors for cerberus dudes and wolverine colors for the vorcha) Now I just go for an across the board black/cyan look

Pumpking posted:

Pervy stuff aside the Tron look you've got going here is pretty good. I dont normally pay much attention to colour schemes but I might have to try that.

I loving love Tron lines. Works really well on Asari, Turians, Salarians and Krogan with certain patterns. I also had the same idea about making an Iron Man color scheme, except it was with the N7 Slayer (mostly because of Phase Disruptor).

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Iron Man color scheme is usually the signal of a terrible pubbie FYI

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Elotana posted:

Every other Destroyer I see does the Shepard black/red/white look, it's really odd.

me, I would paint it like War Machine. It's got the shoulder gun and everything. Also, Don Cheadle owns.

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I saw an N7 Shadow today that I'm almost completely certain was intended to look like a Phantom. While I did take the opportunity to shoot it in the head a few times for good measure, it mostly just made me want the class more give it to me you goddamn RNG I know you're working with the desire sensor on this one

:smugdog:

Psion fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Sep 11, 2012

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Is it a bad thing that I've been rolling on variations of the 3rd Street Saints colors since the game came out? Purple and gold (or silver grey) goes so well on everything.

Now if I could only stick some spinners and ridiculous amounts of exhaust pipes to my Geth...

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...
Ahhahaha, everything said about the Kroguard is true. I just played a match with two other Kroguards and a Male Quarian Infiltrator against Geth. It was amazing and I could just charge and melee and spray Reegar and melee some more. At one point I took on a geth prime, a pyro, and two rocket troopers, alone, with charge and melee, killing most of the minor ones and damaging the prime, until the others came along and helped finish it.
Final score was something like 160k one Kroguard, 80k for me and the other one, and 40k for the Quarian.

Edit: That Cyclonic Modulator IV consumable may ahve had something to do with it.

LogicNinja fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Sep 11, 2012

James R
Dec 22, 2006

I hear they're still eating paper. Is that true?
I generally don't bother with the customisation of my character's armour, making it plain black and sometimes with a little red.

As someone who has unlocked almost every characters (bar three, maybe four tops) and most weapons, can I ask what people prefer to play as and with what weapons? I tend to enjoy playing as a Vorcha with a Reagar Carbine as it's devastating but not so good for long range attack. I also like playing as an Asari Adept with a Cerberus Harrier.

You all seem to be talking about Krogan Vanguards, unfortunately not got that unlocked or the N7 character with the deployable turrent thing that drops ammo.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Kroguard is great, and can take some punishment, but it can't match the sheer giant-slaying power of the Gethfiltrator.

My favorite overall class is a 4/5/6/6/5 Geth Infiltrator carrying a Pirhana with choke and barrel equipped with the stronghold package, AP rounds, Shield Power Cells (or adrenaline module), and a Shotgun Amp.

Everything melts... EVERYTHING. Once you get into the instant cloak>prox mine>fire weapon groove you can run train on anything the game can throw at you without worrying about sync kills like with the Kroguard. With hunter mode you can even use the Pirhana at medium to long range while in cover.

The Reegar is a great gun for soldier-type enemies, but it lacks the armor-hitting power of the Piranha.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Team Beep Boop fights the good fight, until unexplained malfunctions cause a total ability shutdown in two units.

Hunter Mode's overlay stopped working, Overload did not do any damage or display the effect, and my turret was either invisible or nonexistent.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Elotana posted:

You... shut up. Iron Man color scheme kicks rear end and you have no idea what you're talking about. Now, full-on yellow or green characters, those definitely set off alarms right there.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

SciFiDownBeat posted:

You... shut up. Iron Man color scheme kicks rear end and you have no idea what you're talking about. Now, full-on yellow or green characters, those definitely set off alarms right there.
Eh, I do that if I've only unlocked one colour (The RNG hates me re character cards). Usually as fluro a shade as I can find.

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

Hey that's my video! Posted on a different forum - get reposted in SA. Mother, I've finally made it :woop:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Had a weird glitch where my Vorcha sentinel joined a game already in progress, but the power icons failed to load (leaving that thing with three arcs) and the button assignments for the powers had all been shuffled (Y for flamer, R2 for bloodlust).

James R
Dec 22, 2006

I've taken to playing as a N7 Shadow Infiltrator with the Mantis X. Mainly as the Electrical Slash is good enough for short-range enemies instead of carrying an assault rifle or similar and the Mantis X is incredibly light which leaves me a power recharge of 140%. Quite a good system so far on silver. I reckon gold would be difficult though.

Morshu
Sep 30, 2009

Attack monkey! Monkey attack!
I think I should win an award for being a dumbass. I just played destroyer to wave 8 in gold before I realized I didn't have devastator mode on. :downs:

I somehow managed to get the top score too.

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

James R posted:

I've taken to playing as a N7 Shadow Infiltrator with the Mantis X. Mainly as the Electrical Slash is good enough for short-range enemies instead of carrying an assault rifle or similar and the Mantis X is incredibly light which leaves me a power recharge of 140%. Quite a good system so far on silver. I reckon gold would be difficult though.

If you can consistently nail head shots, Gold might be viable with that load-out now that shield gating has been changed. However, I'd recommend a pistol like the carnifex + melee stunner or even a light shotgun with the bayonet. The Shadow can be made into an amazing melee class. Spec the sword for armor damage and cloak for extra power and you can be finishing off bosses with a shadow strike/heavy melee combo.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I hate people who have a colour scheme that looks like exactly the same as a cerberus trooper, when I'm fighting cerberus. Especially when I'm zoomed in with my Widow, I can't help but waste shots.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
I used to do that with my Human Soldier. Goes great with a Hornet or Talon.

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

KidKrampus posted:

If you can consistently nail head shots, Gold might be viable with that load-out now that shield gating has been changed. However, I'd recommend a pistol like the carnifex + melee stunner or even a light shotgun with the bayonet. The Shadow can be made into an amazing melee class. Spec the sword for armor damage and cloak for extra power and you can be finishing off bosses with a shadow strike/heavy melee combo.

Isn't the sixth evolution of sword damage still bugged?

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Synonamess Botch posted:

Isn't the sixth evolution of sword damage still bugged?
It won't work with Shadow Strike, but a regular (heavy) melee attack will still get the anti-armor/shield damage.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Morshu posted:

I think I should win an award for being a dumbass. I just played destroyer to wave 8 in gold before I realized I didn't have devastator mode on. :downs:

I somehow managed to get the top score too.

:cry:I've done this playing as a Geth Infiltrator.... Didn't get close to the top score though.

James R
Dec 22, 2006

KidKrampus posted:

Awesome, thanks for the tips. I shall hopefully get a respe in one of the next couple of packs to change to armour damage and give it a try.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

ACanofPepsi posted:

:cry:I've done this playing as a Geth Infiltrator.... Didn't get close to the top score though.

For some reason I get really bad visibility when I'm playing with hunter mode on, I usually avoid geth infiltrator because of it.

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

James R posted:

Awesome, thanks for the tips. I shall hopefully get a respe in one of the next couple of packs to change to armour damage and give it a try.

I currently use this build: http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#45MEKFLq9@0@A@@L4M4@0@0

If you really gotta have electric slash all the way up, skipping the passives entirely is actually pretty viable, but I prefer the extra capacity so I can use my Piranha for up-close guardian encounters, since half the time I shadow strike them they turn around and bop me.

Pumpking
Oct 27, 2007

Who is number 1?

kanonvandekempen posted:

For some reason I get really bad visibility when I'm playing with hunter mode on, I usually avoid geth infiltrator because of it.

I hate it too although not enough to not use it. I just dislike how hard it is to see the blue outlines for objectives, and on certain maps like condor you pretty much cant see anything at all.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Pumpking posted:

I hate it too although not enough to not use it. I just dislike how hard it is to see the blue outlines for objectives, and on certain maps like condor you pretty much cant see anything at all.
It's the worst on Dagger, where you have a lot of bright sunlight that is blinding in hunter mode.

James R
Dec 22, 2006

Paracelsus posted:

It's the worst on Dagger, where you have a lot of bright sunlight that is blinding in hunter mode.

Hunter mode puts me off using the Geth as if I use it for long it makes my vision incredibly strange and it feels like it could prompt a migraine. It's too.. bright and/or fuzzy. Also I don't like that it reduces shields.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Look which rare weapons the RNG has graced me with! Specifically, the jump between 2 Vs, a Carnifex VI, and the Kishock IX. :suicide: This has lead me to quite enjoy pinballing mobs around the map, though. Ultra-rares aren't much better, with my Indra III sitting pretty and taunting me with its utter uselessness.

Might I ask why people like this gun at all? It's complete trash on an Infiltrator since you lose your cloak bonus after the first shot. I've tried using it as an assault rifle, but having to scope in to avoid the damage penalty is a huge liability.

Edit: vvv :psyduck: Whaaa? I thought you only got one shot.

Kraven Moorhed fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Sep 11, 2012

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Kraven Moorhed posted:

Might I ask why people like this gun at all? It's complete trash on an Infiltrator since you lose your cloak bonus after the first shot.
No you don't :confused:

I put my Indra on a Turian Sentinel and use him as a distance caster. Turians can't dodge so you don't want to be in short range, but they're beefy enough to stay out of cover against Ravagers and Phantoms longer than other classes. You can cast Overload to strip shields while scoped and get lots of headshots with the racial bonuses.

Elotana fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Sep 11, 2012

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
The Tactical Cloak mechanic is weird in that it still takes a second or two for the bonus to go away after the first shot.

It has the advantage of avoiding the shield-gate, reloads fairly quickly, and actually does decent damage when you combine it with other bonuses. It's one of my favorite weapons to take our mid level guys and mooks with. Slap armor piercing on it, and it'll do a fair job against shielded enemies too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blompkin
Mar 31, 2006

Take care

Elotana posted:

I put my Indra on a Turian Sentinel and use him as a distance caster. Turians can't dodge so you don't want to be in short range, but they're beefy enough to stay out of cover against Ravagers and Phantoms longer than other classes. You can cast Overload to strip shields while scoped and get lots of headshots with the racial bonuses.

I use the Turian Sentinel + Indra in exactly the same way. The only problem I have is when a Phantom manages to sneak up into short distance with me, with its barrier already up. All I can really think of doing is trying to run away.

• Locked thread