Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Blompkin posted:

I use the Turian Sentinel + Indra in exactly the same way. The only problem I have is when a Phantom manages to sneak up into short distance with me, with its barrier already up. All I can really think of doing is trying to run away.
Detonate your tech armor to stagger her and then run away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Elotana posted:

Or heavy melee her if you're on lower difficulties. You do still need to zap or detonate beforehand to stagger her though, because while your melee won't stagger her, her melee will stagger you, frequently straight out of your melee animation (and its DR) so you end up doing jack poo poo besides taking a lot of damage.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Kraven Moorhed posted:

Might I ask why people like this gun at all? It's complete trash on an Infiltrator since you lose your cloak bonus after the first shot. I've tried using it as an assault rifle, but having to scope in to avoid the damage penalty is a huge liability.

Edit: vvv :psyduck: Whaaa? I thought you only got one shot.
If it worked the way you thought it did, the Gethfiltrator w/Piranha wouldn't work nearly as well as it does.

You can even use a power like Energy Drain from cloak and still have a window to get the damage boost afterwards, even without taking the bonus power evolution.

Blompkin
Mar 31, 2006

Take care

Elotana posted:

Yeah, that's what I thought.

What build do you use for overload? Do you go for disabling mobs or maxing out shield damage? Right now I have a mix (chain-neural-damage) and it doesn't seem quite good enough at either. What do you think?

James R
Dec 22, 2006

I hear they're still eating paper. Is that true?

Felinoid posted:

Or heavy melee her if you're on lower difficulties. You do still need to zap or detonate beforehand to stagger her though, because while your melee won't stagger her, her melee will stagger you, frequently straight out of your melee animation (and its DR) so you end up doing jack poo poo besides taking a lot of damage.

The Phantoms are the one thing in the game that I find difficult to deal with. Geth Primes, Atlas Mechs, Banshees and everything else are a doddle, but Phantoms continually seem to be able to sneak up behind me and run their swords through me, or if I do see them at the last minute it's so hard to get shots in with them dodging about and with their barriers up.

Morshu
Sep 30, 2009

Attack monkey! Monkey attack!

James R posted:

The Phantoms are the one thing in the game that I find difficult to deal with. Geth Primes, Atlas Mechs, Banshees and everything else are a doddle, but Phantoms continually seem to be able to sneak up behind me and run their swords through me, or if I do see them at the last minute it's so hard to get shots in with them dodging about and with their barriers up.

I'm the opposite. I don't mind phantoms because they are squishy and you can stagger them to death. On the other hand, the more tanky things like atlases get on my nerves because they can dish out good damage and take forever to kill.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Blompkin posted:

Yeah, that's what I thought.

What build do you use for overload? Do you go for disabling mobs or maxing out shield damage? Right now I have a mix (chain-neural-damage) and it doesn't seem quite good enough at either. What do you think?

Try it the other way around, damage-neural-chain. The last Chain evo also increases damage, and the first damage evo increases damage against anything, and not just shields and synthetics like the last damage evo.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

I don't take either chain overload as a TN. If you're mostly working at a distance with the Indra then crowd control isn't as big a deal.

Blompkin
Mar 31, 2006

Take care

Elotana posted:

I don't take either chain overload as a TN. If you're mostly working at a distance with the Indra then crowd control isn't as big a deal.

I'll have to give that a try. Here's the build I was thinking:

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#31OMPFFf0@0@A@@@0@0@0@0

Thanks for the help!

Blompkin fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Sep 11, 2012

Dr Intergalactic
Apr 21, 2010

CRASH!
:sharpton:
AGAIN!
Can we expect to see operation packs today? I'm not even really able to play but I have time to get mah loot!

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Try it the other way around, damage-neural-chain. The last Chain evo also increases damage, and the first damage evo increases damage against anything, and not just shields and synthetics like the last damage evo.

The issue with this is the damage evolution at 6 is so good against shields that you can't afford to miss it, unless you want a pure crowd control build. The +100% damage is multiplicative, not additive, and overload has a starting bonus vs. shields of 3x. The final upgrade bonus jumps that to 6x. Overload built your way will do 363 damage, meaning 1089 against shields. Overload built chain-neural-damage will do 264 damage, and 1584 against shields. This is without other bonuses like tech armor, racial passives, equipment, and gear. With all that stuff, you can get so high as to pop the shields on anything short of an Atlas or Banshee in one cast.

James R
Dec 22, 2006

I hear they're still eating paper. Is that true?

Dr Intergalactic posted:

Can we expect to see operation packs today? I'm not even really able to play but I have time to get mah loot!

I thought they'd have been out already, to be honest.

Tyrel Lohr
Mar 1, 2007

No, sir, I don't care for Frungy.

James R posted:

Phantoms are fun to kill if you're a class that has an ability that can stagger them and then blow them up. Kroguard and Slayer (and likely the rest of the vanguards) can just charge them and then finish them off with heavy melee or phase disruptor, respectively. Turian soldier can proximity mine them to keep them staggered while he shoots at them. All good fun. It's when you can't stagger them that they become a chore to deal with.

My biggest problem with Phantoms is that I have the horrible luck of accidentally running around corners into Cerberus spawn points a second or two after a wave starts just as the Phantoms are rushing out. Then they insta-kill me as soon as I see them and that's that. Usually as long as I can hear the 'chatter' that Phantoms give off I know they're around, but right when they spawn they don't seem to make the noise (or I just don't hear it).

This weekend playing the Kroguard I did have two hilarious situations where I got boxed in by a Phantom and was able to charge just as it had started its insta-kill animation. In both cases I was sure I was dead because the camera kind of changed position like it does when a Phantom gets you and she was in her wind up, but then all of a sudden WHAM and I would be charging into her. That's a very satisfying feeling.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Dr Intergalactic posted:

Generally it's Tuesday for the Victory Packs and Tuesday-Thursday for the Commendation Packs. Nothing yet, but that doesn't mean anything. I'd really only start getting concerned about the Victory Pack in about four hours, if at all, since the Victory Packs are usually drek.

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me

quote:

Overload Power
- Duration that Tech Burst power combos are set up increased from 3.5 to 5 seconds

Cryo Blast Power
- Base duration increased from 3 to 4 seconds
- Base cooldown reduced from 6 to 5 seconds
- Evolve 3 movement speed penalty increased from 20% to 30%
- Evolve 5 recharge speed bonus increased from 50% to 100%

Crusader Shotgun
- Damage increased from [530.9-663.6] to [573.4-716.75]

Graal Shotgun
- Damage increased from [80.0-100.0] to [88.0-110.0]
- Damage multiplier for head shots increased from 2.5 to 3.0

Kishock Sniper Rifle
- Damage increased from [645.4-806.8] to [774.5-968.1]
- Percentage of total damage that is done as bleed damage increased from 20% to 33%
- Bleed damage duration remains at 10 seconds

Good buff for overload, didn't really need it.

All those weapons still suck, they don't fix the issues that make them unusable (travel time for graal and kishock, weight and recoil on crusader)

Midee
Jun 22, 2000

Do Krysaes still rip Phantoms to shreds? That was one good thing about the rifle even after the initial nerf, but I haven't used it in over a month and don't know if anything else changed.

quote:

Crusader Shotgun
- Damage increased from [530.9-663.6] to [573.4-716.75]
:mmmsmug:

Midee fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Sep 11, 2012

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Wet Biscuit McGlee posted:

All those weapons still suck, they don't fix the issues that make them unusable (travel time for graal and kishock, weight and recoil on crusader)
I think you're confusing "non-optimal" with "unusable"

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
Those are sweet buffs for great weapons :getout:

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me

Elotana posted:

I think you're confusing "non-optimal" with "unusable"

Maybe. Since the game has been giving me crusaders in every other pack I've been trying my best to find a use for it. Best thing I can find for it is as a sidearm on destroyers and demolishers.

Given that my preferred class is a Batarian Soldier with a Wraith, I do have a soft spot for less than top tier loadouts.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

EvanSchenck posted:

The issue with this is the damage evolution at 6 is so good against shields that you can't afford to miss it, unless you want a pure crowd control build. The +100% damage is multiplicative, not additive, and overload has a starting bonus vs. shields of 3x. The final upgrade bonus jumps that to 6x. Overload built your way will do 363 damage, meaning 1089 against shields. Overload built chain-neural-damage will do 264 damage, and 1584 against shields. This is without other bonuses like tech armor, racial passives, equipment, and gear. With all that stuff, you can get so high as to pop the shields on anything short of an Atlas or Banshee in one cast.
I'd read that it actually was additive and only boosts damage to 4x.

Pumpking posted:

The power tooltips are far from comprehensive and overload in general is a very odd power. http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mas...14032123-1.html

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

If you are complaining about the weight on the Crusader, run a Vorcha Sentinel with no Flamer socooldowns aren't a concern. Harrier in one hand, Crusader in the other. You have both a powerful shotgun and a pinpoint accurate sniper rifle, and the best AR in the game for mid-range.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

I use my Crusader with Vorcha, since they don't care about weight and flamer/melee already gives you plenty of killing power up close.

The New Black
Oct 1, 2006

Had it, lost it.
I like the Kishock and Cryo Blast buffs, but both rather miss the point - it's bugs that make them both less than they could be - weird hit detection on the Kishock and the Incinerate damage bonus not working on chilled targets.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

A 10% increase on Graal damage AND a bigger headshot bonus? Ooh, my Batarian Soldier shivers at the idea of firing bigger spikes into people's faces from across the map. :fap: Sure, you've got to be hosting to reliably mailslot a Guardian at 60 meters, but it's so worth it.

Crusader buff is nice too. I've got a friend who can't stop talking about it, and I even use it on my Demolisher as a backup to the Harrier. I still like the Graal better as a sniping shotgun, though.

EDIT: Make that two people I know.
\/\/\/\/\/\/

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

unusable

weight and recoil on crusader

You are goddamn insane. Carrying just this thing by itself at level 1 regularly gives me top scores on Gold as Gethineer, blowing Phantoms' heads off left and right, to say nothing of Rocket Troopers and Marauders, with a very satisfactory amount of damage against armor as a bonus. Slightly awkward at close range, but it still just comes down to clicking on heads.

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Sep 11, 2012

consensual poster
Sep 1, 2009

Blompkin posted:

I'll have to give that a try. Here's the build I was thinking:

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#31OMRFFf0@0@A@@@0@0@0@0

Thanks for the help!

I would go for the Detonate evo on Warp. The extra damage from the Damage evo is pretty small to begin with and is dwarfed by the larger and more damaging BE. You'll need someone else to detonate it, but there is usually at least one other player on a team who can do that.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Good buff for overload, didn't really need it.

It's not really a buff for overload so much as it's a buff for all the tech powers with travel times like incinerate and cryo blast.

The Crusader is pretty great on a Krogan Sent built for melee. I'm not surprised that they keep buffing it's damage but I wish they'd throw the Eagle a bone while they're at it.

Pumpking
Oct 27, 2007

Who is number 1?

Graal Shotgun
- Damage increased from [80.0-100.0] to [88.0-110.0]
- Damage multiplier for head shots increased from 2.5 to 3.0

:haw:

I've been using the graal quite a bit recently as I managed to get it to 10 and have been playing a lot of batarian sentinel.

Blompkin
Mar 31, 2006

Take care

Perfectly Cromulent posted:

I would go for the Detonate evo on Warp. The extra damage from the Damage evo is pretty small to begin with and is dwarfed by the larger and more damaging BE. You'll need someone else to detonate it, but there is usually at least one other player on a team who can do that.

Good point. I was annoyed at the low damage of warp without the damage bonus, but I guess the point is for its weakening/anti-armor effects and biotic combos, not damage from the ability itself.

Updated:

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#31OQPFFf0@0@A@@@0@0@0@0

Thanks again!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Here's my problem with the Crusader.

I have a Claymore X and a Pirahna IV. So uh. Unless it's suddenly better than one of those. :shrug:

The Graal on the other hand was my loving baby in the single player and I have that at X too so I guess I'll give that a shot.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Sep 11, 2012

Kaizer88
Feb 16, 2011
Just ran a silver with a krogan sentinel equipped with Crusader V, and I'm very impressed. The gun is pinpoint accurate, hits like a truck AND has built in armour piercing. You can shoot right through guardian shields, and thanks to the built in mega accuracy and AP, you can save the non EB slot for extra ammo or melee attatchment.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
That Overload tech burst buff is great. Human Engies and Turian Sentinels should be tech bursting machines now.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

Paracelsus posted:

I'd read that it actually was additive and only boosts damage to 4x.

Nah. From the crazy Russian guy on BSN who's checked the values directly from in-game memory:

"peddroelmz posted:

Overload Base Damage is 220.. Will name X = base_damage * (1+sum of power damage bonuses)

Overload has X *0.5 multiplier vs Organic Health
X *1 multiplier vs Syntetic Health (geth)

Overload has X * 3 multiplier vs Shield/Barriers //confirmed by Eric Fagnan)

Neural Shock Adds 100% damage vs Organic Targets (probably added as a separate hit. will test to clarify)
X * 1 vs organic Health (*0.5 + *0.5 ?)
X * 6 vs organic Shields/Barriers (*3 + *3 ?)

The rank 6 extra (100%) damage vs shields/barriers behaves differently vs organics and syntetics
X * 6 vs Syntetic Shields
X * 5 vs Organics Shields/Barriers

Combining Neural Shock with the rank 6 100% vs Shield evo
X * 6 vs Syntetic Shields (neural shock has no effect vs syntetics)
X *3 +*5 vs Organics Shields//Barriers (tested to be applied in 2 hits *3 + *5 ) - main consequence is Overload can drop Gold Phantom Barriers (3075) in one cast..

About the Chain Overload

Second hit damage is *0.4
Third hit damage is *0.4*0.4 = *0.16

With the increased window for tech bursts, I guess I'll switch everyone over to Neural Shock. My Human Engineer was already based around tech bursts, but I guess now I can throw a Graal on her or something.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

quote:

About the Chain Overload

Second hit damage is *0.4
Third hit damage is *0.4*0.4 = *0.16

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

Dilb posted:

From the crazy Russian guy on BSN who's checked the values directly from in-game memory:

:swoon: Looks like my Quarian Infiltrator is getting shelved for a bit. Sorry "Waifu", I need shield stripping more than robo glitching.

As for the way cloak works, well, I see now why people use the Piranha. Might have to give that a shot while I'm at it. I'll still take even the Kishock over the Indra, though. Especially with that awesome new-buff smell.

Pumpking
Oct 27, 2007

Who is number 1?
Damage/Neural Shock really seem like the best upgrades for 4/5. Chain at 6 could still be worth it so the choice for 6 is still up in the air as far as I'm concerned. Depends if you want to hit bosses hard or handle the little guys.

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

THANKS FOR MAKING ME SPEND MONEY, T
Operation: VIGILANCE failed, apparently.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Well I certainly hope they don't think this will prevent me from opening a support case with EA about not receiving my commendation pack...

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

I wonder how bad we failed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TacticalGranny
Feb 6, 2008

I'm honestly not surprised about this; a goal of a quarter million drone recoveries, which have a 20% of happening on each objective wave, three chances in each match... and I sure didn't see many in my matches over the weekend.

• Locked thread