Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

jjttjj posted:

Didn't he take over that guy's car parking service?
That was George. Who puts his own pants on. (unless there's another I'm forgetting)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

one millionth of one millionth of a second
Does Kramerica count as a job?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Author of Astonishing Tales of the Sea and Astounding Bear Attacks.

Billy Zane
Jun 24, 2003

Listen to your friend Billy Zane. He's a cool dude.
Juilliard-trained dermatologist?

K. Farb
Aug 6, 2009

I'd give you a ride, but I got Karl Farbman here.

Sash! posted:

I never interpreted that scene to mean he wrote those books but that would make it much better.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

atomic gog posted:

Professional gambler. He made $18,000 betting on Pappanick in the first race - his father was a mudder, his mother was a mudder.

His MOTHER was a mudder? :aaa:

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007
Sausage grinder.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Have you all forgotten when he was hired to fire Raquel Welch? He squarely had a boss and a job to do.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007
He also ran stumps to the local repository.

Valhalska
May 3, 2007

Please do not be alarmed, we are about to engage...
The Nozzle.

Jerusalem posted:

His MOTHER was a mudder? :aaa:

What did I just say? :mad:

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

neoboman posted:

He also ran stumps to the local repository.

Were they war veterans?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Host of Jewish Singles Night.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Oolarg posted:

What did I just say? :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyjET2Qz0mM&t=839s

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Mystic_Squid posted:

A messy apartment which may or may not contain a chicken

And with Darrin's help, we'll get that chicken!

jojoinnit posted:

Host of Jewish Singles Night.

I've seen that episode so many times, and I never got the joke until I finally saw it on DVD in full that Kramer hosted that Jewish Singles Night at the Knights of Columbus.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I'm aware that the earlier seasons of Seinfeld are a bit 'raw' in terms of the show finding its footing, but are the DVDs for those seasons filled with enough extra content to justify their purchase?

I can get each season for 15 bucks or so, which is very reasonable, but I'm curious before taking the plunge.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

MisterBibs posted:

I'm aware that the earlier seasons of Seinfeld are a bit 'raw' in terms of the show finding its footing, but are the DVDs for those seasons filled with enough extra content to justify their purchase?

I can get each season for 15 bucks or so, which is very reasonable, but I'm curious before taking the plunge.

I think the DVDs are worth it. Every episode has a 3-5 minute "inside look" with interviews with the cast and writers about it. There's a blooper reel for every season. Though really you could probably get those things on youtube or something if you wanted. The commentaries weren't great, but it depends on who was doing them. The first DVD set has the retrospective special that NBC did a while back and it's worth watching.

Are you just asking about the first few seasons though? Season 3 and onward is great. It's really the first two seasons that stand apart, and those only comprise one DVD set. So if it's a matter of buying the 8 other sets and skipping the first one... well you should probably buy the first one as well.

Who knows if they will ever come out on Blu-Ray though.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Sash! posted:

And the coffee table book that turns into a coffee table.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

DrBouvenstein posted:

And the coffee table book that turns into a coffee table.

A coffee table book about coffee tables that turns into a coffee table.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

One other important thing to note about the DVDs: they feature the full episodes. If you've only watched on TBS or whatever, you miss like...a minute of jokes. In syndication they get cut down for extra commercials or whatever. I don't know if they're all longer, but the later seasons definitely are.

Plus the Notes about Nothing. Buy the DVDs.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I would find it drat near impossible to shoot any scene involving Frank Costanza.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

tk posted:

A coffee table book about coffee tables that turns into a coffee table.
I'm tellin ya, this guy is bonkos!
He really is.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Does anyone know what the New Yorker picked as the winner of the pig caption contest? I bet it's really funny.

K. Farb
Aug 6, 2009

Haven't seen this posted yet but I definitely just ordered a few of these posters:

http://seinfood.bigcartel.com/

Anyone know where I can get a Sack Lunch poster?

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Man. The Boyfriend was on tonight, infamous for its JFK spoof sequence about the magic loogie. When I hit info between laughs, I saw 199 motherfuck 2. 20 years. I felt so god damned old.

I mean, this is like when you were a kid and your parents were watching All In The Family reruns. UGHCK.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

Loving Life Partner posted:

Man. The Boyfriend was on tonight, infamous for its JFK spoof sequence about the magic loogie. When I hit info between laughs, I saw 199 motherfuck 2. 20 years. I felt so god damned old.

I mean, this is like when you were a kid and your parents were watching All In The Family reruns. UGHCK.

I didn't even exist yet, old person :smug:

Billy Zane
Jun 24, 2003

Listen to your friend Billy Zane. He's a cool dude.

K. Farb posted:

Haven't seen this posted yet but I definitely just ordered a few of these posters:

So d'you think they got shrunk down, or is it just a giant sack?

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Billy Zane posted:

So d'you think they got shrunk down, or is it just a giant sack?

Man when Harrison Ford fell out of the plane and he turned around and started shooting back up at it!

(I can't remember the line exactly... did he say Harrison Ford? Seems like it should have been.)

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Loving Life Partner posted:

Stiffle yerself, Edith!

Oh wait, this isn't the AITF quote thread. My bad.

K. Farb
Aug 6, 2009

stratdax posted:

Man when Harrison Ford fell out of the plane and he turned around and started shooting back up at it!

Hell of a picture. When they had the helicopter land on that car?

Robnoxious posted:

Stiffle yerself, Edith!

Oh wait, this isn't the AITF quote thread. My bad.

You can stuff your sorrys in a sack, mister.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

K. Farb posted:

SO loving GOOD.

K. Farb posted:

You can stuff your sorrys in a sack, mister.

Would you stop saying that!

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Calliper posted:

We've been debating if PBS fund raiser and producer credit on scarsdale surprise count

1. ball boy
2. stand in on all my children
3. actor in woody allen movie
4. actor at medical school
5. army
6. h & h bagel
7. seat filler
8. santa
9. murphy brown
10. leland and brant investments
11. model for calvin klein underwear

He also "worked" for the roads department and turned a 4 lane road into a luxurious 2 lane road.

OH THE HUMANITY

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
He adopted that road.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

prom candy posted:

He adopted that road.

And being a parent is the hardest job of all.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

YOU GUYS! YOU GUYS! HEY GUYS!

I was on my phone texting when the Crackle app folded down a notification that got cut off. The notification read "NOW ON CRACKLE! EVERY SEINFELD SEASON".

I stop what I'm doing, dash like a mad oval office to the computer, only to see that it cut off the word 'PREMIERE' :argh:.

Still though, pretty cool for comparison sakes although they're cheating you out of an episode as Pilot was on last month as well :mad:.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
That's a shame.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

jojoinnit posted:

YOU GUYS! YOU GUYS! HEY GUYS!

I was on my phone texting when the Crackle app folded down a notification that got cut off. The notification read "NOW ON CRACKLE! EVERY SEINFELD SEASON".

I stop what I'm doing, dash like a mad oval office to the computer, only to see that it cut off the word 'PREMIERE' :argh:.

Who is this?

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.
What the hell is crackle!? I've got to get on that internet, I'm late on everything!

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.
Kramer also had that make your own pizza business with Poppie, he was an usher for that old movie house in the Gum and he was a jarvey in the Rye. I suppose the coffee table book counts as a job too and he also hosted his own talk show. At a stretch he was an importer and exporter of Raincoats but that might just have been a finders fee.

K. Farb posted:

Hell of a picture. When they had the helicopter land on that car?

Come on! I haven't seen it yet.

Hank Morgan fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Sep 13, 2012

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!
Kramer was candidate to be the next condo-board president, Del Boca Vista, Phase Three.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Hank Morgan posted:

Come on! I haven't seen it yet.

It has nothing to do with the plot.