Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Call Now posted:

:stare:
Tell me more.

If you castrate your parents when you're an only child, they won't have any more children, and you and your children get all their attention. If you have siblings, and you castrate them, they'll have nothing else to do except help you care for your children. This is how the species prospers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

FPzero posted:

Hitmen for Destiny was pretty great and was even linked earlier in this thread.

http://www.webcomicsnation.com/thorsby/destiny/series.php

gently caress. There have only been one or two comics that forced me to sit and read the entire thing in one sitting, but it was just so batshit I couldn't stop.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

FPzero posted:

This was amazing.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

FPzero posted:

I saw this name come up before in this thread and finally spent the better part of my evening reading it.

Wow. That sure was something alright... :allears:

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Hellsau posted:

If you castrate your parents when you're an only child, they won't have any more children, and you and your children get all their attention. If you have siblings, and you castrate them, they'll have nothing else to do except help you care for your children. This is how the species prospers.

What do they do with all the balls?
Do single parents get castrated?
I have so many questions right now

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

There's one way you can answer them.

http://www.webcomicsnation.com/thorsby/spacespy/series.php

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I saw this name come up before in this thread and finally spent the better part of my evening reading it.

Wow. That sure was something alright... :allears:

I thought it was sweet. I was rooting for Annette and Maythorn to work things out. I also thought the resolution with Bianca was surprisingly realistic-- things aren't always tied up in a neat bow. Sometimes things just break and you can't fix it, and you just have to walk away.

EDIT: Man it's weird that he has me caring about the relationships of such poorly drawn characters in a comic strip so heavy on alien biology exposition. Like, I was legitimately sad when Shim and Rum kissed in front of Ben.

DAD LOST MY IPOD fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Sep 12, 2012

first move tengen
Dec 2, 2011
Wow, I just got caught up with Accidental Space Spy, and holy poo poo. It really is Hitmen part 2. Definitely don't miss it!

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.
Hmm, what's this?

Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

Hmm, got these in the mail today:

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Those cards are beautiful! I wish I had a pack to keep on the coffee table.

Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

Suzuki Method posted:

Those cards are beautiful! I wish I had a pack to keep on the coffee table.

Best 99 cents I've ever spent.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I got dragged into the Accidental Space Spy a long time ago. It was so oddly compelling, I shotgunned it in one sitting, up until it stopped. At the time, he was on some sort of planet where the males and females were totally separate in some sort of super security housing with guards and stuff (as opposed to the very first planet that had a similar idea).

It then just stopped. "What? There's no more?!"

After the shakes subsided, I haven't looked back, knowing I'd just get hooked again. :ohdear:

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Really the only thing stopping me from reading Accidental Space Spy is that it wasn't finished. I read through Hitmen for Destiny in two sittings (college interrupted the first) and it was some fascinating read, despite the crude art. In fact, I think the art helps. It really adds to the visceral feel of the comic.

Also goddamn the guy really knows how to make fights interesting. There's the fight against two bad guys with two running-amok portal monsters, the fight in the flipped over castle, the whole which gun had real bullets conflict, all of them fantastic.

Really sucks Lostclock died, though. He's like The Doctor to me.

Voltin Bolt
Oct 17, 2004

IT DOES NOT FIX
Trying to swap my schedule from nocturnal to diurnal, I decided it'd be the prime time to read the entirety of Hitmen For Destiny yesterday. Took me six or seven hours, also that's a hell of a thing to read when you're already tired as gently caress and forcing yourself to stay awake :psyboom:

Think I'll leave the other stories for a similar time.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I'd say the thing that gets me the most about Hitmen for Destiny and Accidental Space Spy is that Thorsby's writing is puzzle-based action with fantastical rules that are introduced in a logical and clear manner, and he even manages to write interesting characters into that.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lazey was on DA an hour ago, although it was to answer for comments and bicker with the hacker... When he's going to update? :smith:

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Did anyone manage to collect the character descriptions so I can put them on tailsgetstrolled.com?

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008
I read Hitmen for Destiny when it was brought up long ago in this thread, and just caught up to Accidental Space Spy. How often does this guy update? Regularly enough to give it it's own thread? Because I love both of these stories so, so much and I love reading peoples' reactions to Hitmen for Destiny in particular. Everyone who hasn't read them, it's a great way to get through this Tails Gets Trolled drought.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Accidental Space Spy updates without fail on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. And I'd love to see a øyvind Thorsby comic thread. Hitmen for Destiny, despite being really out there and having garrish wobbly art, is suprisingly accessible I think. Every friend I've sent it to and grilled to read past the first couple pages got hooked and read the whole thing. And there really isnt anything else quite like Accidental Space Spy's cultural evolution pages.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
His youtube account got hacked too. Jesus, I just want to send the kid 20-characters of random numbers and letters before he gets hacked again.

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous
Visionary artists are often oppressed by the masses they seek to enlighten.

In this case about necromancers and trolls.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Lazey was on DA an hour ago, although it was to answer for comments and bicker with the hacker... When he's going to update? :smith:

He is taking a break right now. He'll be back.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Mystic_Squid posted:

I read Hitmen for Destiny when it was brought up long ago in this thread, and just caught up to Accidental Space Spy. How often does this guy update? Regularly enough to give it it's own thread? Because I love both of these stories so, so much and I love reading peoples' reactions to Hitmen for Destiny in particular. Everyone who hasn't read them, it's a great way to get through this Tails Gets Trolled drought.

Yeah, it'd probably be a good idea and give the comic a greater audience, which is always a good thing.

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS
What are the odds of someone starting a dedicated Hitmen for Destiny thread? I'm kind of tired of getting kicked on the balls every time I see people posting in here.

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk
It's spreading...

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

I was just checking my Spam folder in Gmail to make sure I wasn't missing anything legitimate and noticed several phishing attempts from "Tails Gets Trolled".

RGBRIOT
Apr 19, 2009

"Beauty, packaged for a digital world."
While lazy-b certainly deserves his break, I'm practically going through withdrawals over here!

Undead Unicorn
Sep 14, 2010

by Lowtax
I know Jazzflight is on his break too, but drat if I don't want an update.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Undead Unicorn posted:

I know Jazzflight is on his break too, but drat if I don't want an update.
Yeah, don't worry, I'm still alive. Been busy in the "real world," but I'm always looking for some free time to get back into the videos and songs. Stuff's on its way.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Hitmen for Destiny was amazing, I was hooked from the very first page. The agonizingly long and confusing stuff on the boat was kind of a pain, but other than that it was well-crafted and fun.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

.lnk to the past posted:

It's spreading...

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008

Buzkashi posted:

Hitmen for Destiny was amazing, I was hooked from the very first page. The agonizingly long and confusing stuff on the boat was kind of a pain, but other than that it was well-crafted and fun.

If you mean the "Passion Lies and Fungus" section then you're loving crazy because that was the best part.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

jesus, he has gotten a lot better.

Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

Mario's dick is on fire.

Perfidia
Nov 25, 2007
It's a fact!

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Did anyone manage to collect the character descriptions so I can put them on tailsgetstrolled.com?

I just spent the best part of my life going through the thread to help you out, and then got too tired to copy-paste the stuff. But here is the author's post history where you can find the bios.

produce
Apr 1, 2008

Mystic_Squid posted:

If you mean the "Passion Lies and Fungus" section then you're loving crazy because that was the best part.

It baffles me that people keep saying this. It was good -- it was really good -- but the whole comic is pretty much gold. The invisible castle, the rotating world, the random personality switches in the cave ... The last arc was a tiny bit of a letdown, but even that was just about as entertaining, to me, as Passion, Lies & Fungus.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

News just in: different people like different things... more at 11

Really, though, it's because they're all different types of humour. Passion, Lies and Fungus is one of the most Shakespearian things I've read apart from the Bard himself. I can't think of any other comparisons but the castle thing is funny because of ignorance of those in control and unintended consequences. The mansion bit was good because it kept building in complexity until the answer suddenly appeared. I shan't do a full analysis, but in short, Hitmen For Destiny uses many different kinds of humour, in which personal taste varies.

simplefish fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Sep 15, 2012

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
What the gently caress is with the Castration Planet :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Just wait until you get to the loving Greatest Planet Ever.