Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Bocc Kob posted:

I don't think he is angry, New Jack is probably just typing how he speaks. :v:

Also, he wasn't going up to random people and ranting about Jerry Lawler or calling Lawler's family to laugh at them, he just posted some Twitter comments. So what? Dirt sheets jumping all over it and retards following him just so they can complain at him are the ones making a big stink over it. Unless New Jack sneaks into Lawler's hospital room and tries to smother him with a pillow, he can say whatever he wants.

There's the problem people are having with this. New Jack made these comments on a public forum and iirc he did so before Jerry was out of the woods recovery wise. I know there are a lot of people in the business who hate Jerry for the way he ran Memphis (HBK, The Rock the most notable) but to wait until something like this happens and choose that moment to air your grievances is incredibly petty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Twitter is not really the same as a public forum, since you have to specifically follow a person to see what they're saying and you always have the option to stop following them. Why is anyone surprised New Jack doesn't like somebody? I don't know how much of Lawler's decades of racist comments are him and how much is just his character, but New Jack doesn't like racists. And may also be insane. He heard about Lawler and said great, gently caress that guy. He wasn't waiting for his chance to sneak attack him.

Going by one guy trying to insult him two days ago, New Jack had 568 followers. Now he has 1100. I bet a good portion of those are just idiots bitching at him. He was probably done after the first three comments, but all the complaining has him antagonizing them for fun. So, good job 500-odd people. Because someone on the internet didn't express compassion for a guy he may well have good reason to dislike, you've now put more time and effort into hating him than he probably put into his original comments.

A week ago, nobody outside of Memphis even gave a poo poo about Lawler anymore. This whole thing is bonkos. :argh:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Right now, Eric Bischoff is pulling a Joey Styles and posting a few anti-Obama tweets. He's claiming that Obama makes Carter look good in addition to having no experience. I really cannot say I'm surprised with Bischoff having these kind of political views.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dr. Video Games 0055 posted:

Right now, Eric Bischoff is pulling a Joey Styles and posting a few anti-Obama tweets. He's claiming that Obama makes Carter look good in addition to having no experience. I really cannot say I'm surprised with Bischoff having these kind of political views.

You shouldn't be since he's been saying this stuff for years and is very pro Tea Party.

The inexperienced thing is pretty amazing though.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

MassRayPer posted:

The inexperienced thing is pretty amazing though.

Bischoff served on the front lines of the Monday Night Wars. He saw some poo poo man.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Frot Lesnar posted:

Bischoff served on the front lines of the Monday Night Wars. He saw some poo poo man.

One of the greatest men the WCW Special Forces had ever seen.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Jimmy Carter was loving awesome.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Here a great one from Bitchoff

Eric Bischoff posted:

So now Obama is in the service?

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Sep 14, 2012

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Looks more like Tiger Woods to me.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm sure that Bischoff has just recognized that semiracist things about the sitting POTUS is the most controversial political opinion be could have, and as you know, Controversy Creates Ca$h.

I can't believe I read that stupid book :negative:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

bobkatt013 posted:

Here a great one from Bitchoff

Anyone care to remind him that the President is the commander-in-chief of this country's armed forces?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Moth Banquet posted:

Looks more like Tiger Woods to me.

Nah looks more like Fran Drescher.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Timby posted:

Anyone care to remind him that the President is the commander-in-chief of this country's armed forces?

Sorry but the president can only be a member of the armed forces (unless he actully fought in Vietnam) or an actor who helped set up the acting unions.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

MassRayPer posted:

You shouldn't be since he's been saying this stuff for years and is very pro Tea Party.

As someone who got rich spending someone else's money the Tea Party is about right. It's the only vessel that contain cognitive dissonance that massive.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

maniacripper posted:

As someone who got rich spending someone else's money the Tea Party is about right. It's the only vessel that contain cognitive dissonance that massive.

Spending money of a man who is pretty liberal in some things

I mean look at the money he has given http://www.newsmeat.com/billionaire_political_donations/Ted_Turner.php

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Sep 14, 2012

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

I mean look at the money he has given http://www.newsmeat.com/billionaire_political_donations/Ted_Turner.php

Here's Vince's from the same site. http://www.newsmeat.com/celebrity_political_donations/Vince_McMahon.php

All his donations unsurprisingly went to GOP pols and PACs, but it's kind of funny to see that he tossed some money at Chris Shays both in '06 and '08. Also of note to me as a PA resident was his donation to Santorum in '06 when he lost his bid for a third term. I know Vince's politics certainly don't align with mine, but I'm still kind of surprised he donated to such a PTC style religious right politician in another state.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

maniacripper posted:

That isn't fair to Eric. He is also rich due to a long career in television production, riding the coat tails of the other kid on The Wonder Years. If you add together all of the episodes of the failed shows they've produced you'd probably get enough for a syndication run.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

MassRayPer posted:

That isn't fair to Eric. He is also rich due to a long career in television production, riding the coat tails of the other kid on The Wonder Years. If you add together all of the episodes of the failed shows they've produced you'd probably get enough for a syndication run.

I could probably write a book on Eric Bischoff's career. "The Rise and Fall of Eric Bischoff".

Pretty sure he also blocked me when I proved him wrong about something once!!!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

I could probably write a book on Eric Bischoff's career. "The Rise and Fall of Eric Bischoff".

Pretty sure he also blocked me when I proved him wrong about something once!!!

Eric Bischoff seems like the exact type of guy who would do that.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Sweeney Tom posted:

Eric Bischoff seems like the exact type of guy who would do that.

He DM'd me before he blocked me so I couldn't tell him he was lying.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

Captain PLANET!

Also didn't Dave Meltzer release an answer to his Atlas Sharted book that essentially tore it to shreds based on factual inaccuracy?

Someone should really write an article about that idiots bumble loving upwards. The fact that he's basically got where he was by weaselling in and then stealing other people's ideas with an unlimited supply of money to pool from and then go off on talking about fiscal responsibility is jaw dropping.

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Sep 15, 2012

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

Also didn't Dave Meltzer release an answer to his Atlas Sharted book that essentially tore it to shreds based on factual inaccuracy?

No, Dave Meltzer released a huge answer on part of that book, but I don't think he ever finished it. Tragic, really.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Gonzo McFee posted:

Captain PLANET!

Someone should really write an article about that idiots bumble loving upwards. The fact that he's basically got where he was by weaselling in and then stealing other people's ideas with an unlimited supply of money to pool from and then go off on talking about fiscal responsibility is jaw dropping.

Bischoff admits he got where he did because his background was TV production at a time where Turner brass wanted someone who was not a wrestler to run the wrestling division. There were a string of wrestlers, particularly Bill Watts, who had poisoned the well while running WCW and Bischoff swooped in and stole the job from Jim Ross and to a lesser extent Tony Schiavone.

Bischoff also readily admits he stole the idea of the nWo from New Japan.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Frot Lesnar posted:

Bischoff admits he got where he did because his background was TV production at a time where Turner brass wanted someone who was not a wrestler to run the wrestling division. There were a string of wrestlers, particularly Bill Watts, who had poisoned the well while running WCW and Bischoff swooped in and stole the job from Jim Ross and to a lesser extent Tony Schiavone.

Bischoff also readily admits he stole the idea of the nWo from New Japan.

Oh aye, but he does so in the manner of a person who's smug and proud of it. He's not admitting he had help in the form of luck or other people giving him a chance or stealing other people's ideas. He's saying it in the manner of a guy who's figured out how to get people to help him do things by pretending to be disabled and aren't you the dumb one for not thinking of it first.

What I'm saying is that someone who's been as terrible at his work for so long but still inexplicably gets given more and more money should really be the last person to draw attention to himself by talking about fiscal responsibility or bootstraps lest someone realise that he's just a conman that's started to believe his own bullshit.

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Sep 15, 2012

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Gonzo McFee posted:

Oh aye, but he does so in the manner of a person who's smug and proud of it. He's not admitting he had help in the form of luck or other people giving him a chance or stealing other people's ideas. He's saying it in the manner of a guy who's figured out how to get people to help him do things by pretending to be disabled and aren't you the dumb one for not thinking of it first.

What I'm saying is that someone who's been as terrible at his work for so long but still inexplicably gets given more and more money should really be the last person to draw attention to himself by talking about fiscal responsibility or bootstraps lest someone realise that he's just a conman that's started to believe his own bullshit.

I do find it incredible that a number of people who have guided companies to bankruptcy have the balls to tut-tut the president about fiscal responsibility. He had two good ideas: one that he stole (nWo) and one that fell into his lap(Goldberg) that could easily have bombed.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Gonzo McFee posted:

While I'm sure we could go all day citing examples, I'd like to say that someone who paid millions to get Jay Leno to wrestle on a show with no live gate income can gently caress right off criticizing anybody's fiscal responsibility.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Frot Lesnar posted:

I do find it incredible that a number of people who have guided companies to bankruptcy have the balls to tut-tut the president about fiscal responsibility. He had two good ideas: one that he stole (nWo) and one that fell into his lap(Goldberg) that could easily have bombed.

Bill Goldberg should have been bigger. He should have been able to carry WCW into profit in 1999. Instead, they derailed him at Starrcade 98. He instead just became a big star instead of the man to pull them through 99.

We quack about CM Punk's lack of main events but Punk was never the star Goldberg was. Goldberg's main events in 1999:

Souled Out - main event vs. Scott Hall (no title)
SuperBrawl - Semi main vs. Bam Bam Bigelow so they could have Hogan vs. Flair for the World Title
Uncensored - Not on the show, Flair vs. Hogan in a BARBED WIRE STEEL CAGE
Spring Stampede - Semi main vs. Kevin Nash, Four Corners match for the World Title
Slamboree - Semi main vs. Sting, Nash vs. DDP for the World Title (remember, Nash lost to Goldberg at Stampede but he has a title shot?)
GAB99: Not on the card. Nash vs. Savage for the World Title
Bash at the Beach: Not on the card. Savage and Sid vs. Nash and Sting where the guy who got the pinfall won the World Title
Road Wild: Seventh match on the card vs. Rick Steiner, Hogan vs. Nash in a retirement match for the World Title
Fall Brawl: Semi main vs. DDP, Sting vs. Hogan for World Title.
Halloween Havoc: MAIN EVENT!!! vs. Sting in an "unsanctioned" three minute match which wins Goldberg the title... only for it to be vacated the next night.
Mayhem: semi main vs. Sid in an I Quit Match, Bret beats Benoit in a tournament final for the World Title.
Starrcade 99: vs. Bret in the main event.

To be fair, he was filming Universal Soldier which is why he missed GAB99 and Bash at the Beach. However, to have your biggest star not involved in the world title situation for most of the year after having such an incredible year prior is just insanity.

Thus, WCW.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

quote:

Twitter disabled Jerome "New Jack" Young's account Friday after the former ECW star posted a series of racially-charged messages earlier in the week blasting WWE Hall of Famer Jerry "The King" Lawler. Shortly after news surfaced that the wrestling legend had suffered a heart attack on Raw Monday, Young told his followers to let him know if Lawler died so he can "piss on his grave."

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Thauros posted:

Here's Vince's from the same site. http://www.newsmeat.com/celebrity_political_donations/Vince_McMahon.php

All his donations unsurprisingly went to GOP pols and PACs, but it's kind of funny to see that he tossed some money at Chris Shays both in '06 and '08. Also of note to me as a PA resident was his donation to Santorum in '06 when he lost his bid for a third term. I know Vince's politics certainly don't align with mine, but I'm still kind of surprised he donated to such a PTC style religious right politician in another state.
Rick Santorum actually did some legal work for WWE in the 80s when they were deregulating the industry.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Harsh

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Dear WWE, please re-hire Tajiri and film this segment ASAP. Love, Chinston.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Regal's running joke of pronouncing/spelling foreign wrestlers' names wrong always gets me.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Oh those Briscoes

Jay Briscoe posted:

The only thing worse than the oakland raiders is trying to get ring of honor's ippv.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RandyOrton posted:

Had a blast tonight. Great crowd in Boston, sorry if I offended anybody with that inappropriate gesture!

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

JR channeling Lawler a little I see

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

God damnit Angle. For those of you who watched Angle at the PPV look at this amazing tweet

Kurt Angle posted:

Hey Friends, Sorry I Havent Much. I Am Not Injured as badly as You Have Heard. I Will Continue Wrestling As Planned. Miss U all. Much Love

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

bobkatt013 posted:

God damnit Angle. For those of you who watched Angle at the PPV look at this amazing tweet
The same Kurt Angle who said this after visiting Jesse Sorenson in the hospital after his injury:

quote:

"I Visited Jesse Sorenson. He Is Moving His Arms and Legs.Drs' say 1 Year recovery. I Say 4 Months.Jesse Is a Hero and Fighter. 'I'll Be Back'"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
Kurt Angle's new gimmick should be the worst doctor ever. He's like House except he keeps misdiagnosing you, forcing you to wrestle and then you die.