Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So is Doom back from interdimensional space already? Or is this one of those issues with footnotes. [Takes place before Fantastic Four ###!]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

SynthOrange posted:

So is Doom back from interdimensional space already? Or is this one of those issues with footnotes. [Takes place before Fantastic Four ###!]

He's wearing his Future Foundation costume.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

TwoPair posted:

A little bit of context: Doom separated Hulk and Banner (Hulk requested it). Banner went nuts and they got recombined, and now Banner is once again trying to cure himself of the Hulk. He's got all the ingredients, but he wants to check real quick to see just what Doom did to him. So he has to bust into Latveria while not hulking out (which is pretty badass) to get answers.

Never change, Doom :allears:

Incredible Hulk #13

Does this arc begin at Incredible Hulk #1? It's a silly question but I can never keep up with Marvel Numbering.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I love that in two consecutive panels we get one hero who makes duplicates of himself as a mutant and one villain who makes duplicates of himself out of robots.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

I was a little concerned by that as well since Doom shouldn't be around at all yet, but it appears it's Doombots all the way down.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

His son probably updated his doombots in memory of his father (he's still around, right?). Aside from the FF, does anyone know what happened to Doom?

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
It looks like the guy responsible for writing the text had a stroke or something...

Action Comics 00

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
I don't mind lorem ipsum usually, but if the panel is specifically zoomed in on the paper and indicating it as not only the subject material, but both fascinating and exciting, you'd think they could get some intern with a B.A. in English to crank out a long-winded hook, at least.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
That's not even lorem ipsum, that's a good hard homerow mash. Wonder if whoever did it went back and inserted spaces manually; lorem ipsum would probably have been quicker.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

His son probably updated his doombots in memory of his father (he's still around, right?). Aside from the FF, does anyone know what happened to Doom?

Nope, unless Reed's been talking. I actually didn't think about when this takes place. There's no footnotes, but it could be before Doom crossed over. It would be hilarious if Banner/Hulk's raid on Castle Doom (where this arc is heading) leads up to one last Doombot saying "He's not even here, dumbass", then self-destructing.

Len posted:

Does this arc begin at Incredible Hulk #1? It's a silly question but I can never keep up with Marvel Numbering.

Technically, this issue is the beginning of this arc, but it's the culmination of the entire series up to this point, so yeah, start at #1 if you really want to understand it all.

e: I don't care how Everything Burns ends, but I want Kid Loki and Thori to be around for a long time

Journey Into Mystery #643

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Sep 13, 2012

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Power Girl #4.
I'm pretty sure I've sat behind Terra in the movie theater.

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

TwoPair posted:

e: I don't care how Everything Burns ends, but I want Kid Loki and Thori to be around for a long time
Same issue, previous page, the-lead in to that page:

I love Gillen's writing style for his Asgardian books. A similar page from Thor #613, featuring the God of Thunder's answer to the riddle of the (Hell-)sphinx:

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Avengers V3 #84.
Are they making fun of The Ultimates?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I posted:

Avengers V3 #84.
Are they making fun of The Ultimates?

In what way?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

In the "Blob ate Wasp in the Ultimates and it was incredibly horrible/dumb" way?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I'm pretty sure Avengers v3 was written several years before Ultimatum.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

e.:nm

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

IRL LOL at Mortis's reaction to the laser scalpel here :cool:

2000AD prog1005

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
edit: nm. I'm stupid.

Cousin Todd fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 15, 2012

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

I posted:

Power Girl #4.
I'm pretty sure I've sat behind Terra in the movie theater.

Could probably just post power girl all day (especially the whole zardoz arc) but I always found this pretty good:

You going to piss off power girl? Well she's not superman and she will totally use that laser vision to cut your arm off.
Power Girl #11

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cabbit posted:

In the "Blob ate Wasp in the Ultimates and it was incredibly horrible/dumb" way?

Like Hakk said, that issue predates Ultimatum and I really don't see what you're implying anyways.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rhyno posted:

Like Hakk said, that issue predates Ultimatum and I really don't see what you're implying anyways.

It is also written by an author worse then Loeb - Chuck Austin

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Marvel Team Up V3 #5.
Spider-Man meets Girlverine.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

NoneMoreNegative posted:

IRL LOL at Mortis's reaction to the laser scalpel here :cool:

2000AD prog1005
Dredd's a really nice looking comic.

Prog 20

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Ghostlight posted:

Dredd's a really nice looking comic.

Prog 20

Look at some of Dillon's stuff. 2000 AD 327

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Sep 16, 2012

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Could probably just post power girl all day (especially the whole zardoz arc) but I always found this pretty good:

You going to piss off power girl? Well she's not superman and she will totally use that laser vision to cut your arm off.
Power Girl #11
Luckily she found a replacement for that arm:

(Not sure which issue of Power Girl)
Satanna really was criminally underused.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ultimate Spider-Man #14

(Not laugh-out-loud funny, but I chuckled.)

(Because of Uncanny X-Men #168, in case you didn't get the reference.)

prefect fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Sep 16, 2012

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Alhazred posted:

Luckily she found a replacement for that arm:

(Not sure which issue of Power Girl)
Satanna really was criminally underused.

Power Girl the comic was really drat good, perfect combo of art, fanservice done in a appropriately cartoonish way instead of embarrassingly sexual, and genuinely funny moments (writing was a bit weak at times though).

It's a shame it ended, PG the character has potential, but I guess the Amanda Conner art was carrying it.

Mister Roboto fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Sep 16, 2012

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Mister Roboto posted:

Power Girl the comic was really drat good, perfect combo of art, fanservice done in a appropriately cartoonish way instead of embarrassingly sexual, and genuinely funny writing.

It's a shame it ended, PG the character has potential, but I guess the Amanda Conner art was carrying it.

Not just her obvious art - every joke that wasn't directly in the dialog was also her. She had free rein to create too, so every humorous sign and design in that book came from her.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Was Taters posted:

Not just her obvious art - every joke that wasn't directly in the dialog was also her. She had free rein to create too, so every humorous sign and design in that book came from her.

Pretty much every panel with PG's cat was gold.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Unguided posted:

Action Comics #474

Getting some serious Monarch vibes from that last panel...

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Getting some serious Monarch vibes from that last panel...

Reading the panels in his voice fits so well.

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011
Amazing Adventures #2, Jack Kirby words and art.

Ben Grimm gets mad about his bathrobe being ruined by the Inhumans:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
From Batman: Under the Hood Volume 1:

Spunky.

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
JLA Classified #1.
Nananananananana... Goldfishman!

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
West Coast Avengers #12

Wonder Man reveals his new costume and claims it was designed by Syd Mead :psyduck:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Ensign_Ricky posted:

From Batman: Under the Hood Volume 1:

Spunky.

Winnick really wrote the Black Mask well. He was quirky and made some great quips while still being a huge sociopathic arsehole.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

techknight posted:

West Coast Avengers #12

Wonder Man reveals his new costume and claims it was designed by Syd Mead :psyduck:

There are so many amazing things here. Wonder Man's 'Bladerunner' costume that looks like nothing from the movie. "Not if your 'uh' is invulnerable." And, of course, Tony Stark being a total horn dog. This gets the Hawkeye Seal of Approval.

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Alias #15.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

No better way to know your future husband than making gay fisting jokes with him i guess.

• Locked thread