Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Some Guy From NY posted:

and you should definitely become a member of: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/

Honestly the only reason to register on FocusFanatics or FocalJet is to access the buy/sell/trade forums. Posting on either on a regular basis is a soul-sucking experience (so many boy racers asking how to make their third or fourth hand MkI Focus faster on a $150 budget.) FF in particular is poorly moderated - I left after being threatened with a ban because I told someone that the trip computer in his car was optimistically estimating his fuel economy and FJ is overrun by a bunch of douchebags who answer most questions with "lol check the FAQ n00b."

That said FF has a fairly large how-to section (which doesn't require membership), although 99% of it is going to be for C170 based Focuses for a while still until the MkIIIs become more widespread and people actually start doing things to them.

Geoj fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Sep 13, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Some Guy From NY posted:

You can also replace your rear engine mount with an OEM Mazdaspeed3 motormount. I did not really notice a difference with my DCT transmission, but others who have the MT say it really makes the car feel better.

Wow people with Focuses consider the OEM speed3 mount an upgrade? That thing is a sloppy mess and is usually the first part to be removed from a MS3. I yanked mine at like 5k miles. Maybe it's worse with the increased power output, but I still find it hard to believe anyone wants those.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

opengl128 posted:

Wow people with Focuses consider the OEM speed3 mount an upgrade? That thing is a sloppy mess and is usually the first part to be removed from a MS3. I yanked mine at like 5k miles. Maybe it's worse with the increased power output, but I still find it hard to believe anyone wants those.

After checking a thread over at FF about guys swapping the mounts, I can understand why the MS3 is better but if I am going to spend the money to replace mine, which one did you swap on your MS3?

The stock Focus RRM is pretty terrible.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

I've got the street unit mount, only got that at the time because the cp-e's were out of stock. In any case I like it a lot, shifting under acceleration is a lot easier without the engine jumping all over the place. It's a little firm, I get some minor vibration at idle with the a/c on, but that's all.

Commander Jebus
Sep 9, 2001

You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought...

Picked up a new (to me) car today!

Freshly detailed at the dealership:

And some crappy Cameraphone shots in the wild

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

opengl128 posted:

I've got the street unit mount, only got that at the time because the cp-e's were out of stock. In any case I like it a lot, shifting under acceleration is a lot easier without the engine jumping all over the place. It's a little firm, I get some minor vibration at idle with the a/c on, but that's all.

I had the TRZ Delrin Dogbone mount. Stiff as could be but was simply amazing.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Awesome Lt. Jebus!

What year?

Some Guy From NY
Dec 11, 2007

Geoj posted:

Honestly the only reason to register on FocusFanatics or FocalJet is to access the buy/sell/trade forums. Posting on either on a regular basis is a soul-sucking experience (so many boy racers asking how to make their third or fourth hand MkI Focus faster on a $150 budget.) FF in particular is poorly moderated - I left after being threatened with a ban because I told someone that the trip computer in his car was optimistically estimating his fuel economy and FJ is overrun by a bunch of douchebags who answer most questions with "lol check the FAQ n00b."

That said FF has a fairly large how-to section (which doesn't require membership), although 99% of it is going to be for C170 based Focuses for a while still until the MkIIIs become more widespread and people actually start doing things to them.

I will give you that a lot of the guys do say SEARCH THREAD HISTORY LOL but for the most part they are very knowledgeable. I had a pretty big issue with my focus, and being a member I was able to talk directly with a ford customer service rep who lurks on the site. Explaining my situation with him lead to me getting a 3 year FREE basic maintenance plan! Not to mention there are 3rd party vendors who lurk the site and will give you discount on parts if you talk with them (specifically Steeda)

quote:

The Focus mount is even WORSE.

Guys have also swapped the stock RMM with a Streetunit mount too. However a lot of the guys do not like the added vibration which the OEM MS3 mount avoids.

I still suggest signing up if not, definitely lurk. It is easy to spot the boy racers and even easier to avoid them.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

New car for the wife - 2008 Freelander that we managed to get a bargain on because it's a rather fugly blue-green colour that noone else wanted. A purchased was mandated by the new house, which is three miles from the nearest neighbour and up some pretty rough tracks.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
:(

I'm fine, should be ruled the other drivers fault (she crossed a double yellow to get into a turn lane early). Good chance she's done for though...

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

That sucks. Good luck with insurance negotiations.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Start digging out receipts for the aftermarket parts that were damaged.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Ouhei posted:

I'm fine, should be ruled the other drivers fault (she crossed a double yellow to get into a turn lane early). Good chance she's done for though...

nooooo, this was one of my favorite AI cars :(

Are you going to get another S2K ?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Ouhei posted:

This happened to me. I was found at fault.

edit:

(Mill and Broadway for Tempe locals)

Basically, she was speeding, cuts into the double/solid line meant for making immediate turns while stopped traffic waves me through a gap. I see her flying up far too late, jam on the brakes so pretty much only the front right corner of my bumper is in that lane, and she cuts over into me enough to drag the right corner of my bumper the whole way down her car from front bumper to rear bumper. She tries to run and I chase her down, then call the cops because I mean poo poo, she crossed the DY, not my fault, right? Nope, cops found me at fault for failure to yield.

I got the ticket, my insurance placed 50/50 blame on her and I don't know what happened after that. I fixed my car for the price of a used corner light and a bumper rub strip. From the damage to her car, there is no way it wasn't totalled.

It was then my dad told me that should an accident happen again, regardless of fault, and the other person makes any hint of running to let them go and just claim the hit and run. :v: Far less messy.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Sep 14, 2012

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Nodoze posted:

nooooo, this was one of my favorite AI cars :(

Are you going to get another S2K ?
If it's totalled I'll probably be back in a s2000, I've always wanted a white AP1 so I'd be searching for one of those.

BlackMK4: The difference in mine is that she wasn't driving in a lane, it's not a turn lane until after the turnout I was coming from. The cop heavily implied this was her fault and has even pulled her over for driving in the "not-turn lane" on that road before. She crossed a solid double yellow there was no dash.

Still playing phone tag with her insurance, it's been really frustrating to get in touch with them.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Ahhhh okay. Have you considered going through your insurance and letting them deal with the other insurance company?

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Ouhei posted:

If it's totalled I'll probably be back in a s2000, I've always wanted a white AP1 so I'd be searching for one of those.

BlackMK4: The difference in mine is that she wasn't driving in a lane, it's not a turn lane until after the turnout I was coming from. The cop heavily implied this was her fault and has even pulled her over for driving in the "not-turn lane" on that road before. She crossed a solid double yellow there was no dash.

Still playing phone tag with her insurance, it's been really frustrating to get in touch with them.

Isn't it your insurances job to deal with their insurance company?

e;fb

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

BlackMK4 posted:

Ahhhh okay. Have you considered going through your insurance and letting them deal with the other insurance company?

Well I can, but I wanted to try and go though her company directly to avoid having to deal with my deductible and poo poo, depending on how long this takes I may just have my company take care of it and they'll refund the deductible once they get payment from the other company.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Ouhei posted:

Well I can, but I wanted to try and go though her company directly to avoid having to deal with my deductible and poo poo, depending on how long this takes I may just have my company take care of it and they'll refund the deductible once they get payment from the other company.

If the other party is 100% at fault you won't have to pay any deductible. All they have to do is have the other company admit to 100% fault and they will worry about getting the money back on their own.

Commander Jebus
Sep 9, 2001

You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought...

marshmonkey posted:

Awesome Lt. Jebus!

What year?

Its a CPO 2009. Fantastic condition, only 19,000KM and very well optioned too (considering what the PO must have spent).

As soon as I test drove it I was hooked.

Nait Sirhc
Sep 11, 2001
Just bought this at an impound auction. Chevy 2500, 4-spd manual. Runs great, no body damage. Beater truck YEAHHHHHHH

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Nait Sirhc posted:

Just bought this at an impound auction. Chevy 2500, 4-spd manual. Runs great, no body damage. Beater truck YEAHHHHHHH

Awesome. You're everybody's "Moving Guy!"

Nait Sirhc
Sep 11, 2001

Viggen posted:

Awesome. You're everybody's "Moving Guy!"

Hey, if they want to pay me $50 to rent the truck and then return it full of gas, fine with me.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Ouhei posted:

Son of a BITCH. That's totally not what I expected to see when I refreshed the thread :( Is there any chance of repair or are you going to have to move on? You going to stay with the s2k or look elsewhere?

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

BlackMK4 posted:

traffic waves me through a gap
The only things that direct traffic are signs, lights, and cops. Also, it's your responsibility to yield and merge safely when joining a public road.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Yeah, I was a dumbshit for assuming that the suicide lane would be clear.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Paul Boz_ posted:

Son of a BITCH. That's totally not what I expected to see when I refreshed the thread :( Is there any chance of repair or are you going to have to move on? You going to stay with the s2k or look elsewhere?
Not sure if it can/will be repaired. If not I'll be in the market for another s2000 here soon.

I talked with my insurance today and they're going to be contacting the other drivers insurance to help speed things along. According to the police report it is her fault so there's that at least.

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

Here is my ride I will post it now

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Krakkles fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Mar 15, 2022

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,

Infinotize posted:

Here is my ride I will post it now

You have a beautiful car.

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

Thanks! It's an 04 330i with the ZHP package.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Ouhei posted:

White Ap1 is a great choice, plus white with purple wheels = :swoon:

I've been looking for a white one but they are harder to come by in the early years, but I do have a lead on a 2001 yellow from a friend of a friend :ohdear:

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Nodoze posted:

White Ap1 is a great choice, plus white with purple wheels = :swoon:

I've been looking for a white one but they are harder to come by in the early years, but I do have a lead on a 2001 yellow from a friend of a friend :ohdear:

Yeah white is really hard to find. Not sure if I'd be able to bring the wheels with me should they total it either. one got destroyed in the accident and another had some curbing on it so there's 2 perfect ones left and I'm not sure they let you take those with you, haha.

I've found a few Suzuka blue ones close by for good prices, it's a color I've always found interesting.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Ouhei posted:

Yeah white is really hard to find. Not sure if I'd be able to bring the wheels with me should they total it either. one got destroyed in the accident and another had some curbing on it so there's 2 perfect ones left and I'm not sure they let you take those with you, haha.

I've found a few Suzuka blue ones close by for good prices, it's a color I've always found interesting.

I kind of like the suzuka blues, but I don't like the interior. Plus monte carlo blue pearl is better

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

Infinotize posted:

Thanks! It's an 04 330i with the ZHP package.

Oh good lord, man! How comfortable is that lovely alcantera/cloth seat option? I was in talks with an owner of a 04' Alpine White variant, but waited too long to make a move. Since then I've felt it was the one that got away.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

BlackMK4 posted:

This happened to me. I was found at fault.

Basically, she was speeding, cuts into the double/solid line meant for making immediate turns while stopped traffic waves me through a gap. I see her flying up far too late, jam on the brakes so pretty much only the front right corner of my bumper is in that lane, and she cuts over into me enough to drag the right corner of my bumper the whole way down her car from front bumper to rear bumper. She tries to run and I chase her down, then call the cops because I mean poo poo, she crossed the DY, not my fault, right? Nope, cops found me at fault for failure to yield.

I got the ticket, my insurance placed 50/50 blame on her and I don't know what happened after that. I fixed my car for the price of a used corner light and a bumper rub strip. From the damage to her car, there is no way it wasn't totalled.

It was then my dad told me that should an accident happen again, regardless of fault, and the other person makes any hint of running to let them go and just claim the hit and run. :v: Far less messy.
You are the blue car? You can't make a left there can you?

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

thealphabetsez posted:

Oh good lord, man! How comfortable is that lovely alcantera/cloth seat option? I was in talks with an owner of a 04' Alpine White variant, but waited too long to make a move. Since then I've felt it was the one that got away.

After having both leather and the leather/cloth combination in the E92 M3's I'm convinced BMW does cloth/alcantara better than leather.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

thealphabetsez posted:

That's a shame, alpine ZHPs are rare as hell. I'd kill for one.

I miss mine (especially the alcantara seats, those are the BEST bmw seats I've ever sat in) but the lack of LSD really kills them for autocross and track use.

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

thealphabetsez posted:

I sat in a leather ZHP before I got mine and I like the alcantara way better! I especially like how it's cloth in the center, it is much more cozy to me than smooth leather and it's more temperature-neutral. On the downside it doesn't wear that well if you are hard on it. I just cleaned mine and it helps but the fuzzing effect makes it look ratty. It hasn't got any worse since I've had the car (~9 months) though I am pretty easy on it. For that matter leather can get crappy if you don't treat it right either.

The wheel though, sucks. It's comfy but after 8 years it is quite worn in places. You can get them rewrapped for not that much $. Best case scenario you get an 05 that has the leather wheel but I wasn't going to wait just for that. It took me a couple months to find mine about 2 states away, the right one is out there! They are rarer but not ridiculous. OK maybe an alpine with alcantara is.

Very happy I went with a 4dr w/alcantara. Great daily car but I have had a lot of the 'usual' E46 stuff need fixing. Annoyed now because I might move to NYC and it would cost me a poo poo ton to keep it but I love the thing and have spent a lot of time making it almost perfect :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I sold this:

And bought this:

One owner, 93k miles, all maintenance receipts. It's bone stock and I found it 2 miles from my home :toot: