Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

What game is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Orange_Lazarus posted:

What game is this?

Shadow President!

Megarule: Here's a shadow government of a more milquetoast variety:

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

"On the left, and thief and liar / on the right Russia's hope and strength, amirite?

TapTheForwardAssist fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Sep 15, 2012

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I always got bored and nuked everyone in shadow president. That's what you get for the spice girls britain. :argh:

Part of a new ad campaign to bring awareness and understanding of transgender people.

Oct
Jul 19, 2007

The devil's movin' in like he's gonna stay.

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Does anyone have foxnews.jpg? I seem to have lost mine.

I have this one, not sure if it's the one you're thinking of:

(edit: oops, thought I had two unique ones but I just had two copies of the same thing)

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Lord Lambeth posted:

I always got bored and nuked everyone in shadow president. That's what you get for the spice girls britain. :argh:

Part of a new ad campaign to bring awareness and understanding of transgender people.

It's lovely to see trans people actually treated as something more than that letter on the end of the acronym. Because, well, yeah:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Lord Lambeth posted:

My partner found these earlier today and shared them with me. They're all :3: as gently caress.

Bandanna
Nov 3, 2005

Bulletproof

quiggy posted:

My partner found these earlier today and shared them with me. They're all :3: as gently caress.

wow the techniques to help transgendered people realize the gender they identify with has gotten really amazing lately. Good on em :)

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Facebook gem:

But it was posted by a black person, so it's ok.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Bandanna posted:

wow the techniques to help transgendered people realize the gender they identify with has gotten really amazing lately. Good on em :)

Why are you quoting the Sons of Anarchy?

German GPS in France:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

His number of kills were only in the double digits :smug:

Greatest American to ever live ever.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Not quite.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Rand alPaul posted:

His number of kills were only in the double digits :smug:

Greatest American to ever live ever.

He'd probably be pretty upset to hear you say that. :v:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

One of Romney's statements today on Regis and Kelly

Christ, everything this man says sounds like it came from the computer in Radiohead's "Fitter, Happier".

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Blind Pineapple posted:

Facebook gem:

But it was posted by a black person, so it's ok.
race_is_class.jpg

:swoon:

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

I have no problem respecting you as a man, but I will never respect that facial hair.

Emperor Nero : Historical Neckbeard

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

NewtGoongrich posted:

"counter-culture roots" of Apple/Steve Jobs
Lol. Is it "counter-culture" to steal repackage and sue?

quote:

Is there a difference between ripping off and inventing? Not when by ripping it off you make it practical, and for all practical persons, Steve Jobs effectively invented the first modern computer mouse in the mid-70s… by stealing it from Xerox.

In the latest episode of NPR’s All Things Considererd, Malcolm Gladwell tells the story about how Steve Jobs first brought the mouse to Apple. It’s a fantastic look inside Steve’s brain, and how he can reduce a complicated concept down to its essence for mass consumption.

According to Gladwell, when Steve Jobs visited Xerox’s Palo Alto Research Center in the late 1970’s, he was amazed by what he saw: a demonstration of a new three-button computer mouse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdrKWArr3XY

http://www.techdirt.com/blog/innova...ng-iphone.shtml

quote:

Steve Jobs Was Willing To 'Rip Off' Everyone Else... But Was Pissed About Android Copying iPhone?

"Our lawsuit is saying, 'Google you f***ing ripped off the iPhone, wholesale ripped us off,'" Jobs said, according to Isaacson. "I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple's $40 billion in the bank, to right this wrong. I'm going to destroy Android, because it's a stolen product."

This is coming from Steve Jobs, who was inspired by the graphical user interface he saw at Xerox PARC and turned that into the Macintosh.

Invalido
Dec 28, 2005

BICHAELING
I'm a little angry with Steve Jobs for denying most of humanity magnetic power cords on their laptops. The world would benefit by more small magnets in clever places but some guy thought it was alright to game the legal system and monopolized that stuff for profit, denying us all sorts of cheap, clever magnetic gadgetry in our electronics for all I know. How is it ethical to patent what must eventually come down to arbitrary combinations of magnetism and electricity?

I could partly forgive Apple if they gave me seamless augmented reality, I think, but until then they can go away for all I care. (i write this on a macbook :qq: )

Here, have a picture of a computerized Dobsonian/Newtonian telescope some guy built.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Steve Jobs/Apple is like every other tech development company, any innovation they don't buy they steal.

Z-Magic
Feb 19, 2011

They talk about the people and the proletariat, I talk about the suckers and the mugs - it's the same thing. They have their five-year plans, so have I.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

I understand that you enjoy the antics of this "Snooki" woman. Let me assure you that I also find her pleasant.

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts

It's always a great idea to compliment people with eating disorders about how tiny they look.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Bandanna posted:

John Teller Emma Goldman

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

duTrieux. fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Sep 15, 2012

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

lancemantis posted:

John Teller Emma Goldman

Patriarchy! :argh:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BoBtheImpaler
Oct 11, 2002
Dinosaur Gum

Goddamn right.

Handsome mothefucker is in the National Wrestling Hall of Fame even: http://nwhof.org/blog/dg-inductees/norman-borlaug/

Z-Magic
Feb 19, 2011

They talk about the people and the proletariat, I talk about the suckers and the mugs - it's the same thing. They have their five-year plans, so have I.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Crossposting

Sorgrid
May 1, 2007
So it goes.

Part 6 of 14 of the series "Basic information about NBC weapons" : Protection for livestock. June 1960, General Staff of the PLA.

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

This artist is pretty good
http://www.nicoleschulman.com/

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

About 600k people protested yesterday all over Portugal. 600 thousand out of 10 million is....i dunno what %, but it's a respectable number for such a "voice your problems"-conservative country.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
6%. That's a pretty huge percentage.

Z-Magic
Feb 19, 2011

Doctor Spaceman posted:

6%. That's a pretty huge percentage.

Radd McCool
Dec 3, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
9000/1,211,157,707 is 0.0007%

Content:

And we extend that bar out...

Radd McCool fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Sep 16, 2012

az jan jananam
Sep 6, 2011
HI, I'M HARDCORE SAX HERE TO DROP A NICE JUICY TURD OF A POST FROM UP ON HIGH
Today is the 30th anniversary of the Sabra and Shatila massacre, where a rightwing Lebanese Christian militia, aided by the IDF, massacred thousands of Palestinian refugees and Lebanese in the camp.

"Never forget, 9/16/1982, the anniversary of the Sabra and Shatila Massacre"

az jan jananam fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Sep 16, 2012

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Enjoy posted:

This artist is pretty good
http://www.nicoleschulman.com/

Carlos Cortez did some great woodcuts of labour leaders as well.

I really like that this Joe Hill graphic includes his Hohner accordion. Great minimalist instrument, the one-row concertina; Leadbelly also did great work on them. Here's a random clip of dude playing the balled "John Hardy" on a one-row: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cyz5E-5rUCM

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Politicians in their younger days.

Barack Obama, in a 1980 photo shoot from Occidental College.

Aung San Suu Kyi, not sure on year and context.

David Cameron and Boris Johnson in their Oxford days, as members of the Bullingdon Club (think Skull and Bones if it was less conspiracy theory bait and more drunken partying). Cameron is second from left in the top row, Johnson is the furthest right seated figure.

Angela Merkel (then Angela Kasner) on a camping trip in 1973.

Vladimir Putin in some sort of KGB photo from 1976.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trench_Rat
Sep 19, 2006
Doing my duty for king and coutry since 86

Honey boo boo child is the worst thing ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPLAIe6XWYc

Trench_Rat fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Sep 16, 2012

• Locked thread