Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Puttblug posted:

I'm torn on whether or not to get a Wii U. I told myself last year that I'll only buy myself one next gen console. But some of these games look like a lot of fun. I just don't want it to turn into a dust collector like my Wii did.

Since your posting I can only assume your asking for advice. Get a WiiU, wait a year after ps4/xbox launch to see which one looks better or is clearly on top with exclusives you want. That game will probably be in a holiday bundle.

Nintendo will always have game experiences you can't get elsewhere, the other 2 may as well be the same. (Ill get the ps again if you dont have to pay for online) and if you follow my plan you will wait 2-3 years before dropping money on another console!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Lizard Bastard posted:

Just secured a preorder for the regular model. I had no idea the Premiums would move so fast! I won't get my hands on it till Christmas, so let's hope ZombiU comes out by then.
It's a launch title, so no worries there.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Disregard. October in fact does come before November. That is all.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Sep 16, 2012

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Bombadilillo posted:

So is Assasians Creed 3 coming out on WiiU earlier then other consoles? Because its on all the Nov. 18th lists but comes out on the 30th for other consoles. If so this fact needs to be advertised more. Not only shows WiiU is getting "serious" or "hardcore" whatever you want to call them games, but with some advantage.

AC3 is out the 30th of October for the 360 and PS3.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Edit: Beaten /\/\/\

Edit2: \/\/\/ - He didn't make it harder for you at all...

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Sep 16, 2012

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

So is Assasians Creed 3 coming out on WiiU earlier then other consoles? Because its on all the Nov. 18th lists but comes out on the 30th for other consoles. If so this fact needs to be advertised more. Not only shows WiiU is getting "serious" or "hardcore" whatever you want to call them games, but with some advantage.

Way to make my choice of single Wii U game for Christmas harder, you dick. :argh:

TaurusOxford posted:

He didn't make it harder for you at all...

I'm glad you instantly understand my entire thought process concerning what Wii U game to get for Christmas.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Sep 16, 2012

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Well that explains my confusion.

I was watching another preview for Rayman Legends. It seems that nobody is awre to the extend you don't get to play as Rayman. The video even wondered if the game would be too easy when you are controlling the frog. They clearly thought it was a coop only feature. Looking at the levels shown though it doesn't look like you can play the levels without the help, and if the frog guy is AI, then your just standing there waiting for the computer to open up paths for you.

Im still interested in the game, but this just got bumped down from a day 1 buy to a rent and see.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Sep 16, 2012

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

All the gamefaqs-esque posts around here and other threads are so :psyduck:. As others have said people are expecting Sony and Microsoft's consoles to be quantum leaps in visuals, and they won't be. They're going to be "Run BF3 much better" consoles and compete with the Wii U fairly directly.

I can't wait for the backlash when those consoles come out, and they require you to buy them to play all the new slightly-better looking games.

I pre-ordered the Deluxe at my university's gamestop. Young adults instead of pissed off parents and anxious children, far shorter lines, etc.

And drat, I knew this console was going to do well but I didn't know it was going to run out of pre-orders 2 days in.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Bobnumerotres posted:

All the gamefaqs-esque posts around here and other threads are so :psyduck:. As others have said people are expecting Sony and Microsoft's consoles to be quantum leaps in visuals, and they won't be. They're going to be "Run BF3 much better" consoles and compete with the Wii U fairly directly.

Even if it's true that the Durango will only have a 6670-equivalent in it that will be vastly, vastly(VASTLY) superior to the X1800-equivalent the 360 currently has.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Even if it's true that the Durango will only have a 6670-equivalent in it that will be vastly, vastly(VASTLY) superior to the X1800-equivalent the 360 currently has.

Oh absolutely, it's not difficult to beat seven year old technology. But, diminishing returns and all that. Most of the graphical jumps now are going to come from smaller details, like volumetrics and PhysX-type stuff, not from texture resolution.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
So I gave in yesterday and preordered at Best Buy since Gamestop stopped doing Deluxe preorders. I tried Wal Mart, too, but the dude there said they aren't doing preorders.

The only thing I ever preordered at Best Buy was Skyward Sword, and that worked out fine. I'm concerned with this one, though. I asked the girl at Best Buy if they will get a set amount of Wii U's that they're allowed to preorder and she said no. This makes it sound to me that my Best Buy preorder doesn't really guarantee me a Wii U on the release day. Am I going to end up waiting in line at midnight for this thing?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

SirPhoebos posted:

I'm curious why it's coming out first in North America and not Japan :confused:

Pretty sure it's a lack of units due to some manufacturing slowdowns they've been rumored to have here and there. Makes sense to shift all your units to NA in time for Black Friday while still building units for Europe and Japan.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Commissar Ken posted:

Pretty sure it's a lack of units due to some manufacturing slowdowns they've been rumored to have here and there. Makes sense to shift all your units to NA in time for Black Friday while still building units for Europe and Japan.

They just really, really wanted to make that Black Friday date. Which kind of scares me since there's a possibility rushing the models could result in defects. :tinfoil:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Thats why there are allocating only enough to supply North America first. At the detriment of Japan! Combine that will the preorders already selling out. They arent overstretching

Seaniqua posted:

So I gave in yesterday and preordered at Best Buy since Gamestop stopped doing Deluxe preorders. I tried Wal Mart, too, but the dude there said they aren't doing preorders.

The only thing I ever preordered at Best Buy was Skyward Sword, and that worked out fine. I'm concerned with this one, though. I asked the girl at Best Buy if they will get a set amount of Wii U's that they're allowed to preorder and she said no. This makes it sound to me that my Best Buy preorder doesn't really guarantee me a Wii U on the release day. Am I going to end up waiting in line at midnight for this thing?

Based on horror stories all over the last thread...yes. Bestbuy has a scary rep for preorders. Any Targets near you?

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Sep 16, 2012

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Seaniqua posted:

I asked the girl at Best Buy if they will get a set amount of Wii U's that they're allowed to preorder and she said no. This makes it sound to me that my Best Buy preorder doesn't really guarantee me a Wii U on the release day. Am I going to end up waiting in line at midnight for this thing?

Companies that do this are just evil. You need to find an alternative or you might not have your Wii U until post-christmas.

Bar Mitzvah
Feb 24, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

I can't wait for the backlash when those consoles come out, and they require you to buy them to play all the new slightly-better looking games.

I pre-ordered the Deluxe at my university's gamestop. Young adults instead of pissed off parents and anxious children, far shorter lines, etc.

And drat, I knew this console was going to do well but I didn't know it was going to run out of pre-orders 2 days in.

I don't have any data to back this up other than Square Enix's tech demo, FOX Engine, Watchdogs, and (hopefully) not needing to subsample games down to 1024 resolution to run at decent FPS, but, at this stage in graphics, the small details are EVERYTHING(volumetrics, physics, lighting/shadows). Wii-U will get eclipsed in those departments. BF3 is the tip of the iceberg.

Wii-U is cool on its own. You don't need to justify it.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Seaniqua posted:

You will likely have to line up and wait to ensure that they actually give your console to you... and that they give you the right version [Basic or Deluxe] since more than likely they will gently caress this up.

In the past, I have personally seen Best Buy gently caress up on determining whether or not a person pre-ordered a Rock Band bundle or the stand alone disc, and then take forever to figure out what they actually put the person down for... and then of course they didn't have enough of the bundle to satisfy all the people who ordered them and it was pretty miserable all around.

It's going to be annoying, but if you want it to only be mildly annoying (as in you actually go home with what you ordered) you're going to have to line up and wait on release day.

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts
Comfy: {Yes}
Easy to Wear: {Yes}
Alright, we're good to go! :neckbeard:

SirPhoebos posted:

I'm curious why it's coming out first in North America and not Japan :confused:

In NA, WiiU has to be released in time for Black Friday, the start of the pretty much only prime sales season.
Japan's year-end sales peak comes a lot later, spiking at Xmas, but much more hugely in the first couple days of new years when kids get cash gifts from relatives.

Missing Black Friday in NA isn't an option for Nintendo because it has to compete against the still healthy X360 and PS3 markets, not to mention the Apple juggernaut eating up disposable entertainment dollars.

In Japan, X360 is a non-factor and PS3 is waning with Japanese third parties losing interest and apparently zero first-party titles in the pipeline. The console market is there for WiiU to take, and I think it will with Mario and MH3G leading the charge.

Urgency's needed in NA. That's why we got to preorder already. NCL's not even allowing JP retailers to take preorders until it announces allocations in October.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

2012 posted:

I don't have any data to back this up other than Square Enix's tech demo, FOX Engine, Watchdogs, and (hopefully) not needing to subsample games down to 1024 resolution to run at decent FPS, but, at this stage in graphics, the small details are EVERYTHING(volumetrics, physics, lighting/shadows). Wii-U will get eclipsed in those departments. BF3 is the tip of the iceberg.

I thought the fox engine was on current-gen? Watchdogs was also running on PC, and is slated for this gen. The only thing that looked really impossibly good was the rain and they'll probably tone that down on release (developers demo games on PCs all the time, it's a mean trick).

Square Enix's tech demo was CRAZY as gently caress though, and clearly intended for the next generation, as well as the Unreal Engine 4 stuff.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

2012 posted:

I still don't get what's next gen about Watchdogs other than people assuming it was because of it being the One More Thing of Ubisoft's press conference. The game itself doesn't look next gen to me. Just prettier on PC, is all. Which is.. par for the course.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I think FOX Engine is something that's used for this generation but can be taken into the next. It's no Square-Enix tech demo though. That thing was nuts.

Bar Mitzvah
Feb 24, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

I thought the fox engine was on current-gen? Watchdogs was also running on PC, and is slated for this gen. The only thing that looked really impossibly good was the rain and they'll probably tone that down on release (developers demo games on PCs all the time, it's a mean trick).

Square Enix's tech demo was CRAZY as gently caress though, and clearly intended for the next generation, as well as the Unreal Engine 4 stuff.

Watchdogs won't happen this gen. I do not care what they say. FOX Engine is scalable, but Project Ogre (or whatever it really is) is next gen. Ground Zeros was shown on a pc spec'd similar to a PS3 but, like Watchdogs, there is no way in hell that runs on a PS3 looking like that.

Watchdogs will be a launch title (or launch window) for next gen systems - I'll stick my neck out on that one.

The Operative
Mar 15, 2012

I'd rather run over you with my car!
Some of these large brick and mortar retailers are notorious for flubbing console launches. On the eve of the PS3's launch, I recall the BestBuy nearby my house using a lottery system as a means of handing out consoles. A lot of people who were in the front of the line left empty handed that day. I am sure that most of these retailers have gotten their act together by now, but I wouldn't be surprised if at least a handful of stores completely drop the ball.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

I planted radishes in this special dirt and they came up all weird!
:science: :ughh:

2012 posted:

This was pretty much my philosophy with the Wii, and still is with the Wii U.

I like Nintendo's systems primarily for their creativity/novelty, and not for graphical performance. If I want a game that benefits from the latter, I'll get it for PC. Granted, the PC can be more expensive than either a 360 or PS3, so that may not be an option for some people. I miss out on a few PS3/360 exclusive games, but a good majority share a PC release.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

If I can ask; what's the appeal to the series? Me and a friend tried the one on the wii and the intro turned the two of us off because the tutorial was boring as all hell. I feel like we missed something but just wanting to be sure.

The Monster Hunter tutorial is boring as hell because it's the tutorial that has to teach you all the mechanics. Take it online and go hunt some monsters in a pack.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

2012 posted:

Watchdogs won't happen this gen. I do not care what they say. FOX Engine is scalable, but Project Ogre (or whatever it really is) is next gen. Ground Zeros was shown on a pc spec'd similar to a PS3 but, like Watchdogs, there is no way in hell that runs on a PS3 looking like that.

Watchdogs will be a launch title (or launch window) for next gen systems - I'll stick my neck out on that one.

They've come out and said it's for PS3/360 with the word floating around right after E3 that if Nintendo wanted it they'd put it on WiiU too. So, yeah.

The Operative posted:

Some of these large brick and mortar retailers are notorious for flubbing console launches. On the eve of the PS3's launch, I recall the BestBuy nearby my house using a lottery system as a means of handing out consoles. A lot of people who were in the front of the line left empty handed that day. I am sure that most of these retailers have gotten their act together by now, but I wouldn't be surprised if at least a handful of stores completely drop the ball.

Yeah, which is why even though I got ahold of like 5 separate Gamestops and got them all to repeat their "we're only taking so many pre-orders based on what we're supposed to get according to HQ" and i'm number 4 for a deluxe at mine, i'm still going to be there 11am just to make sure.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Chronojam posted:

The Monster Hunter tutorial is boring as hell because it's the tutorial that has to teach you all the mechanics. Take it online and go hunt some monsters in a pack.

You can also push through the tutorial to when you start fighting Actual Big loving Monsters, which is like 40 minutes in.

But yeah, they really need to get rid of that "Go pick up herbs and kill harmless creatures for the first hour" thing in the single-player for Ultimate.

Have a little five minute tutorial that teaches you how to attack and pick up herbs/carve monsters and there, Great Jaggi fight. If you can't beat the G.Jaggi the game will kindly ask you to return it to gamestop unless you want to avoid further embarrassment.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

cat doter posted:

Is there any point to getting the 'pro' pack if you can expand the internal memory with USB storage? Is it going to be that only certain things can be on the internal memory, or is it going to be more open? I ask because the regular ol' white version is only $50 more in Australia (HOLY poo poo :siren: :supaburn: :siren:) but the 'pro' version is $80 more.

Not sure anyone would even know, but might as well ask.

Probably answered in the thread already, but in the states it's $50 and comes with Nintendo Land, 4x as much internal storage and some nifty stands. Nintendo Land alone is $60.

I remember getting by pretty well on my PS3 with only the 20GB hard drive, and still could probably get by if I didn't load it up with videos and use it for a media center.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Takin ova da world :cool:

Bobnumerotres posted:

Have a little five minute tutorial that teaches you how to attack and pick up herbs/carve monsters and there, Great Jaggi fight. If you can't beat the G.Jaggi the game will kindly ask you to return it to gamestop unless you want to avoid further embarrassment.

That isn't elitist at all. Try to remember how hard your first hunts were. Pretty hard to remember, right? The tutorial should stay, but there should be a Great Jaggi hunt to prove that you don't need hand holding during the tutorial. Like a "oh hey that is one dead Jaggi come home lets get you to rank 3 instantly."

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Astro7x posted:

Probably answered in the thread already, but in the states it's $50 and comes with Nintendo Land, 4x as much internal storage and some nifty stands. Nintendo Land alone is $60.

I remember getting by pretty well on my PS3 with only the 20GB hard drive, and still could probably get by if I didn't load it up with videos and use it for a media center.

I've got external hard drives and SD cards lying all around the place. The idea that I would pay $80 more for such a minuscule amount of space is just laughable to me. Nintendoland just looks uninteresting to me, I'd rather put the money towards something I want to play.

I've been wondering, most games for the current consoles only get to use around 256mb for video memory (sometimes more on the 360 since its memory is unified), whereas the WiiU has 1GB. I'd love to see if this results in an appreciable difference in texture resolution, since that's a very easy way to make games look better. I've heard the console isn't quite powerful enough to be pulling 1080p in games like AC3, but if it's using twice the resolution in its textures, or hell, even more, that would be awesome.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Edoraz posted:

That isn't elitist at all. Try to remember how hard your first hunts were. Pretty hard to remember, right? The tutorial should stay, but there should be a Great Jaggi hunt to prove that you don't need hand holding during the tutorial. Like a "oh hey that is one dead Jaggi come home lets get you to rank 3 instantly."

Ha I was exaggerating. MHTri was my introduction to the series and I died to the G.Jaggi once or twice, which was a pleasant surprise because I was loving bored of killing tiny raptors and herbivores.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

XOIC of Radishes posted:

This was pretty much my philosophy with the Wii, and still is with the Wii U.

I like Nintendo's systems primarily for their creativity/novelty, and not for graphical performance. If I want a game that benefits from the latter, I'll get it for PC. Granted, the PC can be more expensive than either a 360 or PS3, so that may not be an option for some people. I miss out on a few PS3/360 exclusive games, but a good majority share a PC release.

I have to agree. Graphics are nice, but I've played too many games in my life and a pretty game thats not fun will get ejected in the first few hours.

That said, there needs to be a decent baseline in graphics. The wii looked horrible on my 65in so it has been hooked up to a 27 in ctr where it does fine and the kids use it for netflix mostly. Even if its graphics never got better then this gens I would be perfectly fine with it, because Nintendo makes games for games, not a pretty game thats only shooting people for 4-6 hours.

cat doter posted:

I've got external hard drives and SD cards lying all around the place. The idea that I would pay $80 more for such a minuscule amount of space is just laughable to me. Nintendoland just looks uninteresting to me, I'd rather put the money towards something I want to play.

I've been wondering, most games for the current consoles only get to use around 256mb for video memory (sometimes more on the 360 since its memory is unified), whereas the WiiU has 1GB. I'd love to see if this results in an appreciable difference in texture resolution, since that's a very easy way to make games look better. I've heard the console isn't quite powerful enough to be pulling 1080p in games like AC3, but if it's using twice the resolution in its textures, or hell, even more, that would be awesome.

I think you should go regular. It doesn't seem worth is for 80$. Hell if you arent interested in NintendoLand I wouldn't recommend deluxe to anyone! The NA price of 50$ for a 60$ game, plus some other bonuses makes it very much worth it here. Again, if your interested in NinLand.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Sep 16, 2012

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

I have to agree. Graphics are nice, but I've played too many games in my life and a pretty game thats not fun will get ejected in the first few hours.

That said, there needs to be a decent baseline in graphics. The wii looked horrible on my 65in so it has been hooked up to a 27 in ctr where it does fine and the kids use it for netflix mostly. Even if its graphics never got better then this gens I would be perfectly fine with it, because Nintendo makes games for games, not a pretty game thats only shooting people for 4-6 hours.

It uh, isn't a choice between the two? And it's not like the graphically intense consoles only have gritty shooter #1426 as exclusives (albeit that's certainly the majority of them), there are awesome exclusives like Halo and LBP that make great use of the console's graphical capabilities to contribute towards a very pleasing aesthetic, and processing capabilities to contribute to things that simply wouldn't have been possible on the Wii.

Graphic and processing capabilities are also a big part of the kind of ports the Wii U will get, and this can mean something as light as "Wii U gets the same game minus the PhysX particles/tesselation," or something as bad as "Wii U isn't getting the game at all."

Now if the Wii U is a success and totally swallows the gaming market whole, developers will give not one poo poo how much stronger the other consoles are, they will make games for the platform their games will sell on. Development is not funded by magic and love, unfortunately.

Monode
Feb 19, 2011

oo
Does anyone in the UK know how GAME are doing with preorders? I'd like to put it off a little bit but if they're running out fast like they are in the US I guess I don't have much choice.

I'm also confused about the ZombiU bundle. GAME still says it comes with NintendoLand on their site but other sources say otherwise. If it does I'll probably nab that one.

The Operative
Mar 15, 2012

I'd rather run over you with my car!

Monode posted:

I'm also confused about the ZombiU bundle. GAME still says it comes with NintendoLand on their site but other sources say otherwise. If it does I'll probably nab that one.

Unfortunately, the ZombiU bundle doesn't include Nintendoland.

The Operative fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Sep 16, 2012

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Edoraz posted:

It's a good idea! You're out getting herbs and GREAT JAGGI OHSHIT. One thing I like about Monster Hunter is that player skill (versus character skill/stats/equipment) is a huge part of it. Tutorial process should reflect that.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Chronojam posted:

It's a good idea! You're out getting herbs and GREAT JAGGI OHSHIT. One thing I like about Monster Hunter is that player skill (versus character skill/stats/equipment) is a huge part of it. Tutorial process should reflect that.

I really like that idea too. It's very Soulsian in nature, where if you can prove you're on a higher level than the tutorials then it can immediately skip you ahead or reward you in some way.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

It uh, isn't a choice between the two? And it's not like the graphically intense consoles only have gritty shooter #1426 as exclusives (albeit that's certainly the majority of them), there are awesome exclusives like Halo and LBP that make great use of the console's graphical capabilities to contribute towards a very pleasing aesthetic, and processing capabilities to contribute to things that simply wouldn't have been possible on the Wii.

Graphic and processing capabilities are also a big part of the kind of ports the Wii U will get, and this can mean something as light as "Wii U gets the same game minus the PhysX particles/tesselation," or something as bad as "Wii U isn't getting the game at all."

Now if the Wii U is a success and totally swallows the gaming market whole, developers will give not one poo poo how much stronger the other consoles are, they will make games for the platform their games will sell on. Development is not funded by magic and love, unfortunately.

Your right, its not a choice between the two. I just hope with the improved graphics the games dont suffer. I don't want Zelda to be a 1-=15 hour game now because they spent so long making it pretty.

I think we will get to the point in 3 years where games look a bit better on other 2 but the gamepad lets you x,y,z. Pick your choice.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
Console comes out, gets some of the scant few multiplatform titles still slated for this generation, new consoles with modern architecture come out, third parties and core audiences jump ship, software dries up, Nintendo release a few great titles mixed in with numerous low-content experiments and gimmicks, Mom games as far as the eye can see, life support.

I guess it'll be cool if you have money to burn and the current drought of console titles is really chafing you, but I just don't see the appeal otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Hobo Siege posted:

Console comes out, gets some of the scant few multiplatform titles still slated for this generation, new consoles with modern architecture come out, third parties and core audiences jump ship, software dries up, Nintendo release a few great titles mixed in with numerous low-content experiments and gimmicks, Mom games as far as the eye can see, life support.

I guess it'll be cool if you have money to burn and the current drought of console titles is really chafing you, but I just don't see the appeal otherwise.

So what are you basing this off? I'd love to hear your sources.

• Locked thread