Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grover
Jan 23, 2002

PEW PEW PEW
:circlefap::circlefap::circlefap:
My god, that's beautiful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH
Cadillacs say the darnedest things

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
No photos, but I got overtaken by a 288 GTO this evening on the M1. Never had my jaw dropped by seeing a car before - or hearing it. It was incredible. I only hope my first F40 sighting is as good. Seriously, what a loving beautiful, amazing machine that was.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Root Bear posted:

Cadillacs say the darnedest things

So do SAABs. drat this $60 phones' CCD is awesome..

and HP printers.. :v:

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

That's the throttle body butteryfly on an Audi RS4. We were doing the plugs on my buddy's car and I caught a glimpse of it when we pulled off the top of the airbox.

This picture makes it look pretty normal in size. Note that the inlet tube is 4+" in diameter. I was pretty amazed by the thing.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

sofullofhate posted:

That's the throttle body butteryfly on an Audi RS4. We were doing the plugs on my buddy's car and I caught a glimpse of it when we pulled off the top of the airbox.

This picture makes it look pretty normal in size. Note that the inlet tube is 4+" in diameter. I was pretty amazed by the thing.

Those don't have ITB's?

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004
Blue tape racing stripes make you faster.

Also saw two volts parked right near each other, I rarely see them so two within 50 feet was cool:

Muffinpox fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Sep 17, 2012

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:
Too much trouble to walk fifteen feet closer?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

front wing flexing posted:

Too much trouble to walk fifteen feet closer?

Too busy driving it to take photos :smug:

Muffinpox fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Sep 17, 2012

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Muffinpox posted:

Too busy driving it to take photos.

Was it a straight shot speed run?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

front wing flexing posted:

Was it a straight shot speed run?

Nah, autox. Cone rubber is a pain in the rear end to remove. Also the car parked next to me in the first photo is a C4 ZR1. Those things are super cool.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Muffinpox posted:

Nah, autox. Cone rubber is a pain in the rear end to remove. Also the car parked next to me in the first photo is a C4 ZR1. Those things are super cool.

Pretty sure we had a C4 Zr1 end up on it's roof at an autocross event at Boundary Bay. Throttle stuck, car hit fence and a fence post tipped it up and over. This was in the early 2000's

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Today was the Glenmoor Gathering in Canton, OH (technically Jackson Township). I have a lot more photos to go through, but I thought this was pretty AI.

It is a 1946 MG "S-Type". Now, I know what you MG fanatics are saying to yourself. "There is no such thing as an MG S-Type." Well, at least one man decided to correct what he saw was an error on MG's part. So he took a MG TC, did quite a bit of work, and created his one-off vision of an MG S-type. It was very clean and professional looking, and certainly looked to be a lot of fun. You can see the owner in the second picture, he's the older man in the white jumpsuit (which has a giant MG logo on the back).

But, if that doesn't suit your fancy, have a Mormon Meteor.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:

Das Volk posted:

Those don't have ITB's?

They do not, strangely enough. They're loving brilliant cars though. Power forever, incredible handling, etc. - and 4,400lbs. Heh. We've literally burned 3/4 of a 55l tank by doing 30 minutes of datalogging pulls in the thing - very, very thirsty. Converts gasoline to noise and speed extremely efficiently though.

Outlet
Jun 28, 2010
So, is that Mormon Meteor stock? Or, did they really come from the factory with the bumper being your only headlight?

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Outlet posted:

So, is that Mormon Meteor stock? Or, did they really come from the factory with the bumper being your only headlight?

They came from the factory as a rolling chassis/engine. The body is custom, but it's the only body it's had.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

I love India

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcBE8HEAyi4

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Coupla concept Ferraris I just found out about :

FX:

The 2nd angle is to die for, even with the old school Saturn SL1 recessed headlamps.

FZ93:

I think they learned some lessons about why you need flying buttresses if you're going to have a greenhouse that shrinks in the rear.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate
Second pic of the FZ93 makes it look a lot like an early-90s version of the Enzo.

Squeeze
Jul 23, 2012
Almost looks like an 8 series BMW to me.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
I love seeing prototypes of iconic/low production cars because you really get to see the progression of thought and design that goes into the cars.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Outlet posted:

Delivery McGee posted:

They came from the factory as a rolling chassis/engine. The body is custom, but it's the only body it's had.

There is something to be said about the old coach built cars. And the fact that all too often the old coach builders are barely remembered as trim levels on various cars, luxury or not. It must've been fun knowing that every luxury car was a one-off in it's own way.

That being said, the Duesneberg Model SJ you see in that picture is the Mormon Meteor, so named because it was raced by David "Ab" Jenkins, who was a Mormon. It ran on the salt flats and was designed with 24-hour racing in mind. The car was built personally by one of the founding Duesenberg brothers, and has an engine pumping out 400 hp (in 1935!). The body work was done in house by one of Duesenberg's designers.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

:aaa:

I am remembering that trick in case my starter dies in the middle of nowhere.

Knobjockey
Jul 21, 2003

Crush your enemies.
Bang! and the alien is gone.
Hear the lamentation of Dr. Vahlen.
Spotted this while searching for 2p off Lenor. It's an Alpina B3 which you probably have heard of :smuggo: e:holy frames!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

YF19pilot posted:

There is something to be said about the old coach built cars. And the fact that all too often the old coach builders are barely remembered as trim levels on various cars, luxury or not. It must've been fun knowing that every luxury car was a one-off in it's own way.
It's not even a luxury thing. My dad's Wolseley is one of only 148 chassis built, of which two went to this particular coachbuilder, of which his is the only survivor.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
1965 Dodge Deora Concept Car

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

Gorilla Salad posted:

1965 Dodge Deora Concept Car

:unsmith:

ninja edit: I would drive the gently caress out of that.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

It took me twice to realize this was NOT a strange tailgate.

Hog Obituary
Jun 11, 2006
start the day right
That entry would make tight parking spaces a cinch though. :P

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Hog Obituary posted:

That entry would make tight parking spaces a cinch though. :P

Other than it taking two of them, and sticking halfway out the rear?

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.
Sure, put all the mass behind the passenger compartment! We don't want people driving something that ugly to live :bahgawd:

Hog Obituary
Jun 11, 2006
start the day right

Viggen posted:

Other than it taking two of them, and sticking halfway out the rear?

huh, it didn't seem any bigger than an f150

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

EightBit posted:

Sure, put all the mass behind the passenger compartment! We don't want people driving something that ugly to live :bahgawd:

It was the 60s, I don't think anyone cared about that.

At least it looks cool - I used to drive one of these at an old job (frequently overloaded) and it didn't even have that going for it

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPpU5azjCB8

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

First time I've ever watched a video mouth agape.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Imperador do Brasil posted:

First time I've ever watched a video mouth agape.

Ja, ze crumple zone ist se whole passenger compartment. Ze cargo? Completely unharmed!

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Is that thing made out of paper mache and balsa wood?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

When I've seen this posted in the past, it's been mentioned that this is either a Chinese knockoff, or the bed is full of concrete, or the test is at 60+ mph, or all three. Pick whichever one helps you sleep better at night.