Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
LAST SEASON: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3435580

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuRNd4AflZM&hd=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNpv_O3LKrk&hd=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilObYb0gt10&hd=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjUdNtYsBwo&hd=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvQTef5GbPQ&hd=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtcbviP9dlA&hd=1

Aatrek fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Feb 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

PERFECT

e: Well don't I look stupid, I saw PAST / PRESENT and jumped straight to hitting the reply button. Still, nice OP, and can't wait for the conclusion!

e2: PHENOMENAL. There we go.

Klungar fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Sep 20, 2012

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

I've thought it through and there is no possible way this season won't be amazing, I'm really psyched for some badass Walter action.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I can't believe we're only 9 days out from more Fringe!

And that we don't have to worry about cancellation or unrealized endings!

This is my favorite show and I am so excited.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Thanks for uploading those! Nice to go back and check them out. Especially the 1985 one :D

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Dunno if you're attempting a meta-joke or not but your link to the last season thread just goes to this thread. In this universe, at least.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Same deal in this universe.

Although over here I pointed it out and FrensaGeran confirmed it.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This show got alot better once I stopped comparing it to X-Files.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

As sad as I am to see the show go, it certainly has been a hell of a ride.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
I had no idea it was coming back already. Summer went by fast. This season is going to be awesome.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Nybble posted:

Thanks for uploading those! Nice to go back and check them out. Especially the 1985 one :D

The 1985 intro song has been my ringtone since I first watched that episode! So great.

I am incredibly stoked about this season. I don't watch a lot of tv but this is a show that I have been watching since episode 1. I'm gonna be sad to see it gone.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I avoided hearing that it was the last season until about 2 weeks ago. I loving cannot wait to see what this season has in store. I have a feeling because of this, they will not hesitate to just go apeshit with crazy.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
The finale will be in early February, as it's a 13-episode season. There will be two short breaks (probably baseball-related); the season is to run 4 eps / 2 eps / 7 eps, with a three-part finale.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aatrek posted:

The finale will be in early February, as it's a 13-episode season. There will be two short breaks (probably baseball-related); the season is to run 4 eps / 2 eps / 7 eps, with a three-part finale.

Why is every network show I watch 13 episodes this year? It's like they're trying to get me to cancel my cable.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Hey, it got us a final season. I'll take what I can get.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
OHGOD

It's almost here!

:circlefap:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Limastock posted:

This show got alot better once I stopped comparing it to X-Files.

I know! Seeing those intros just kinda hits home to me how far this show has come, and what a journey it's lead us to, and how different it was from my expectations.

When I first heard about it and watched the first couple episodes I was all "oh, come on! X-Files rip off! Wacky scientist! Forced love interest! A cow! Agent Boring!"

I have never been so wrong. Well, possibly when I refused to watch BSG for the first couple of seasons because I thought it was some dumb sexed up pointless reboot.

Even after I started liking Fringe during the first season, when I saw it was smart and had legs, I never imagined they'd be going down this road with the Future War, the Evil Observers, and Leonard Goddamn Nimoy. And yet they probably had a lot of this intended all along!

Plotac 75
Aug 8, 2007
Mysteries of the ancient lizardman sealed by ancient, mysterious lizard magicks lost in the mysterious realm of ancient lizardmen from ages far, far ago.

Astroman posted:

When I first heard about it and watched the first couple episodes I was all "oh, come on! X-Files rip off! Wacky scientist! Forced love interest! A cow! Agent Boring!"

Who was Agent Boring? I'm trying to remember.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Plotac 75 posted:

Who was Agent Boring? I'm trying to remember.

That was the name people gave to Olivia in the first season.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Deadpool posted:

That was the name people gave to Olivia in the first season.

We were so wrong. I can't think of any show that had such an improvement in a actors performance.

It's too bad not enough people have seen Anna Torv. I am afraid she'll end up competing with Jennifer Anniston for Bradly Cooper in crappy romantic comedies for the next 5 years.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
So glad to have this show back.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

treiz01 posted:

The 1985 intro song has been my ringtone since I first watched that episode! So great.

I am incredibly stoked about this season. I don't watch a lot of tv but this is a show that I have been watching since episode 1. I'm gonna be sad to see it gone.

here it is for any folks who want it:

http://audiko.net/ringtone/Delux+Jones+Rodriguez+Lopez/Fringe+Retro+Intro?ring=15070509

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!
Cool new promo image for the new season. Looks like they're underground icons:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/09/20/fringe-promo-art-season-5/

utonium
Dec 17, 2002
This is goddamn exciting. My girlfriend and I have been watching from the beginning (rewatching in my case) since Seasons 1-3 went up on Amazon Prime, and now we're halfway through Season 4. We should finish right in time. It's so cool to watch it with someone new to the show, and hear every time she gasps at some crazy reveal/twist and go, "Oh yeah, I did lose my poo poo over that the first time!"

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Holy poo poo fringe starts soon?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I'm officially excited.

Friendly Factory
Apr 19, 2007

I can't stand the wailing of women
God drat I love that future intro so much. All the other ones contain science poo poo that people dream of and in the future the only things they dream about are stuff like "private thought" and "joy".

Mr.Smiley4
Jul 4, 2007
Send him to Detroit!

"Fight for the future." I love it. That tagline perfectly embodies how Fringe is similar to The X-Files ("Fight the future"), but comes from a fundamentally different approach that shows how they get storytelling much more than Chris Carter ever will. That makes it not only better than The X-Files, but also unique in its own right.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
One loving week. :fap: I'm so going to own the full boxset, I really want to do a full watch through, as I first gave up on the show and restarted in Season 2 I think.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

der juicen posted:

One loving week. :fap: I'm so going to own the full boxset, I really want to do a full watch through, as I first gave up on the show and restarted in Season 2 I think.

The only reason I've not bought the blurays yet is that I'm hoping for an awesome boxset of all five seasons.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Mr.Smiley4 posted:

"Fight for the future." I love it. That tagline perfectly embodies how Fringe is similar to The X-Files ("Fight the future"), but comes from a fundamentally different approach that shows how they get storytelling much more than Chris Carter ever will. That makes it not only better than The X-Files, but also unique in its own right.

:what:

You have to explain that to me.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
American sports need to stay on loving sports channels so I get uninterrupted Fringe

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Scott Bakula posted:

American sports need to stay on loving sports channels so I get uninterrupted Fringe

One one hand we'd get it quicker. On the other it'd be gone faster. I'd honestly like to string it along as long as possible, but I can see the other side of the argument as well.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

We were so wrong. I can't think of any show that had such an improvement in a actors performance.

It's too bad not enough people have seen Anna Torv. I am afraid she'll end up competing with Jennifer Anniston for Bradly Cooper in crappy romantic comedies for the next 5 years.

I wouldn't even say it was an improvement....I think she was playing the role that way and had us all fooled!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Not me. I was saying all along that Anna Torv wasn't a bad actress and that it was just the character.

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!
Just watched all the openings in the OP. Is Peter's experience from the future in "The Last Sam Weiss" still a possible reality from where we last saw them in season4? Is that a glimpse of the middle of the war with the Observers, before they surrendered?

Cat Plus Plus
Apr 8, 2011

:frogc00l:

Siroc posted:

Just watched all the openings in the OP. Is Peter's experience from the future in "The Last Sam Weiss" still a possible reality from where we last saw them in season4? Is that a glimpse of the middle of the war with the Observers, before they surrendered?

I don't think so. It was a future after the other universe was destroyed, and it's fine in the current timeline.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

When I think of good openings to recent TV shows, this is #1 followed by the first season Human Target opening (until they completely butchered the show in the second season):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_xFMyhBYx8

God drat I am excited for Fringe.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Someone spoil me, I still have like 9 episodes of the last season sitting on my DVR suffering from the Fringe mid-season nothing loving happens in MOTW episode blues. Does Peter get back into the right timeline? Is it worth forcing my way through these?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

IRQ posted:

Someone spoil me, I still have like 9 episodes of the last season sitting on my DVR suffering from the Fringe mid-season nothing loving happens in MOTW episode blues. Does Peter get back into the right timeline? Is it worth forcing my way through these?

He is in the right timeline and whiel they may seem like MOTW they are important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

utonium
Dec 17, 2002

IRQ posted:

Peter gets them off the island BUT... they have to go back. Also Gene is the new Jacob.

• Locked thread