Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commander Jebus
Sep 9, 2001

You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought...

GramCracker posted:

I sold this:

And bought this:

One owner, 93k miles, all maintenance receipts. It's bone stock and I found it 2 miles from my home :toot:

How did you like the Abarth in your 5 months of ownership?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Lt. Jebus posted:

How did you like the Abarth in your 5 months of ownership?

I loved it so much and will totally own another in the future. This opportunity (to me) was too good to miss with the Imola Avant.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Is that a 6spd? And also, how the gently caress do you find those? That is seriously the ONLY audi I'd ever consider cheating on BMW for, but they're so rare with the right transmission.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Crustashio posted:

Is that a 6spd? And also, how the gently caress do you find those? That is seriously the ONLY audi I'd ever consider cheating on BMW for, but they're so rare with the right transmission.

It is of course the 6 speed transmission, I'd never waste my time with an autotragic in this car :colbert:

I know of two other Imola Yellow ones (both 6 speed) and a Cactus Green with sport package. One of the two Imola guys is willing to sell, the other is some random old guy I see driving it near my work. As for the Cactus Green with sport package, that is undergoing a 6 speed swap, and that car can also be available for sale. I literally reached out to anyone with the Avants I was looking for.

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

So this is the current status of my allroad:

I was out on the street getting ready to do some headlight restoration, then someone clipped my wheel as they drove past. The back of the front left wheel was sticking out because it was parked facing downhill.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Sup guys! I'm in Detroit, Michigan and here's my whip:

It's a 2004 Saturn Ion Redline, it's the precursor to the Cobalt SS. I have all sorts of plans for it and I'll probably be putting together a project thread on it soon Here you go. I just dropped a brand new trans into it however it doesn't have a Limited Slip Diff, so when my clutch goes I'll probably sell the trans, get a GMPP Stage II clutch, and the LSD'd G85 trans.

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Sep 16, 2012

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Steve French posted:

I was out on the street getting ready to do some headlight restoration, then someone clipped my wheel as they drove past. The back of the front left wheel was sticking out because it was parked facing downhill.

Ouch. Get a plate number?

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

opengl128 posted:

Ouch. Get a plate number?

Sorry, I should have phrased that as "attempted to drive past"; it was an older woman driving, she stopped after she veered into the side of the 3 series parked in front of me (probably helped that her car wasn't really drivable after the accident). We exchanged insurance info, talked with the police, etc. Her insurance has already called me and offered to pay for repairs and provide a rental car.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Krakkles posted:

Nice. Looks very clean without the badges. What year/trim?

Edit: Here's mine:

Maybe it's the wheels but I really wanted this to be a Bullitt edition. I like that color anyway.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

davebo posted:

Maybe it's the wheels but I really wanted this to be a Bullitt edition. I like that color anyway.

99 GT, with mach 1 wheels

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Ouhei posted:

Yeah white is really hard to find. Not sure if I'd be able to bring the wheels with me should they total it either. one got destroyed in the accident and another had some curbing on it so there's 2 perfect ones left and I'm not sure they let you take those with you, haha.

I've found a few Suzuka blue ones close by for good prices, it's a color I've always found interesting.

You're not kidding. It took one of the local Honda dealerships a month and a half to find my white AP2(in Miami) and buy it then transport it to Baton Rouge. White s2000's seem to go for a bit higher premium, too. I admittedly paid a few grand more than I probably had to to get my car. There were lots of silver and black ones of comparable condition for a few grand less.

Suzuka blue looks great with the CR lip, too :)

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Steve French posted:

Jesus Christ, how narrow was the road?

discstickers
Jul 29, 2004

2010 335xi M-sport

Some pics from a drive this weekend with a 2007 Vantage and a 2008 Cayman S:

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

travisray2004 posted:

Jesus Christ, how narrow was the road?

Pretty narrow; it's a residential street without sufficient space for traffic in both directions with cars parked on both sides.

Still plenty wide enough to not hit the parked cars though.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Can we post terrible self-shot videos of us hooning our rides? I (poorly) filmed the beginning of a drive today:
http://youtu.be/EztKYpVBcrc

My neighborhood empties onto a highway with a 55mph speed limit, making it all too easy to do 0-60 runs. :v:

I did this with an iPhone so it was hard stupid enough trying to get it to focus on anything so my apologies for the terrible video. If anyone has suggestions on how to make the iPhone take decent video I'd love to hear 'em.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Step 1: hold it horizontally

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

opengl128 posted:

But with a slight angle so you look "cool."

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Rhyno posted:

But with a slight angle so you look "cool."

I thought that's why he recorded just his tach.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Hashal posted:

I thought that's why he recorded just his tach.

It's mostly because I suck using the iPhone but I guess there might be a little YouTube ricer in me. Next up: watch for my kill videos. :v:

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

opengl128 posted:

(optional) Step 1b: clamp phone/camera down with passenger seat headrest :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWakvsyNI1M&hd=1

Skip through the minute-long traffic light if you want, I don't feel like cutting it out.

Y2JMatrix94
Aug 24, 2005

Working overtime, fighting crime!

Picked up my new 2012 Ford Focus SE on Tuesday. I've never had a new car before, the feeling is amazing but it's slightly offset by having a car payment for the first time in my life.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

I don't always see first-gens, but when I do, I drink Dos Equis take pictures.

It's really cool how the adapters required to run these Enkeis actually makes the wheels look more... um... well... flush. With the side of the car. Not hella, though.

Also the other FB was a base model. Don't have to worry about leaks.

halonx
May 4, 2005

I just picked this up for $1800. It is a 1979 Fiat Spider 2000. It made the 45 mile drive home without issues, luckily the wipers worked during a short downpour.

I am really digging it so far. I was also looking at a 1976 VW Super Beetle, but that had way too many issues.

The Fiat is in pretty good shape. Floor pans were replaced and rust removed/fixed about four years ago and then undercoated. The convertible top is about a year old. Got a pile of spare parts with it as well. It is missing the bumpers, heater, radio, and some chrome pieces.

Forgot to rotate, damnit.

Any suggestions for where to go from here? I am really digging the current look at want to keep going that direction with it.

Greg63T
Sep 20, 2012
Here's my pride and joy, I've had her for over 4 years now.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

MiniFoo posted:

I don't always see first-gens, but when I do, I drink Dos Equis take pictures.

It's really cool how the adapters required to run these Enkeis actually makes the wheels look more... um... well... flush. With the side of the car. Not hella, though.

Also the other FB was a base model. Don't have to worry about leaks.

When are you going to lower it?

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

When I finally get disposable income :smith:

or possibly ask for springs for christmas

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

MiniFoo posted:

When I finally get disposable income :smith:

or possibly ask for springs for christmas

I understand completely, I was just wondering if it was coming sooner or later. I definitely went through the same phase with my E30. Big wheels, bigger wheel gap.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Greg63T posted:

I want to lick that car. loving awesome.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Das Volk posted:

I want to lick that car. loving awesome.

Look at that paint, I bet it tastes like grape Kool-Aid.

Greg63T
Sep 20, 2012
^^this
It's derrricious

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Sorry for the horrible cell phone pic, but I just picked this up today and it immediately started raining about an hour later. It's a 2012 Focus SEL hatch with no options save for the tri-coat pearly metallic paint. It really is beautiful and it was one of the last couple '12 model year cars they had on the lot; Ford got rid of the SEL trim for 2013. The dual-clutch powershift feels a bit weird, but I hear once the clutch pack starts to break in it smooths out more. I'm coming from a 1998 Taurus SHO (with a quality AX4N :downs:), so I really don't mind it.

I'm still pretty much in awe at how far small cars have advanced, especially since the last Focus I drove was a 2001 sedan.

edit:

Y2JMatrix94 posted:

Picked up my new 2012 Ford Focus SE on Tuesday. I've never had a new car before, the feeling is amazing but it's slightly offset by having a car payment for the first time in my life.

Hey Focus buddy! This is my first new car too. Hell, it's the first car I've had that was built in the 21st century and has a warranty. It really is something!

Mental Hospitality fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Sep 22, 2012

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Greg63T posted:

^^this
It's derrricious

I bet. I really love the look you've got going with the car man. Looks amazing.

Normal Person
Oct 14, 2011

Steve French posted:

On the plus side, the air bag and connector look like they're in great shape.

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

Do not try to boost in peace, because that is impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth, there is no boost.

Greg63T posted:

God. drat. More pictures please.

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

dustywusty posted:

On the plus side, the air bag and connector look like they're in great shape.

Good thing, too: I just replaced them about 2 weeks before it got hit. Drove it 3 miles home from the shop, and this is the next thing that happened to it.

The control arm was brand new too.

It's supposed to be getting towed to the shop tomorrow, though the towing company hasn't called me yet and AAA didn't give me their contact info, so hopefully I'll have a better idea of what needs fixed soon.

kazelsnet
Dec 16, 2004
2004 RX8. First owner put 36k on it, I've now put 40k on top of that! All stock. Click for big.

Turd Nelson
Nov 21, 2008
Babby's first car!

After doing a bit of research and trying to find a small, fun, 5-speed to drive, I came across this 2008 Mazda3i. While it's only the 2.0L engine and doesn't have features like traction control or stability control, it's a blast to drive and handles much better than the Subaru Outback I was driving before!

MY POOR TABLES, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

All I'm looking at is a Mercury SUV.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
I'm amazed than a MY08 car doesn't have traction control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay-Zeus
Jan 5, 2004
I don't believe it!
Fun Shoe
08 G6

09 G8 GT

Both with exhaust and intake mods so that everyone knows I drive race cars.