Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirViver
Oct 22, 2008
Meh, the Acolyte is pretty good if you know when and how to use it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXEJlOAOUSg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Dr. Abysmal posted:

It has to be a full extraction, right? I did an all turians with Hurricanes game but somebody decided to leave the LZ with five seconds left to attack a Phantom.

Here's the goal: "Extraction on any difficulty with all squad members as the same non-human race." The way I read that you should be fine. You may want to do another all-something run to be sure. I mean I'm going to do more than one this weekend just for fun so... I mean the guys still a fuckup but it's probably not a big deal either way.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Lagomorphic posted:

Here's the goal: "Extraction on any difficulty with all squad members as the same non-human race." The way I read that you should be fine. You may want to do another all-something run to be sure. I mean I'm going to do more than one this weekend just for fun so... I mean the guys still a fuckup but it's probably not a big deal either way.

I hate the way Bioware does this, because half the time the goals are unclear.

Like here is the BSN post for the operation, and it says you need a full extraction:

quote:

Squad Goal: Full extraction on any difficulty with all squad members as the same non-human race. Requires 2 or more players in squad.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009
According to the Bioware forums:

quote:

Squad Goal: Full extraction on any difficulty with all squad members as the same non-human race. Requires 2 or more players in squad.

Also, if any PC goons want to do this, hit me up (Origin = LynxEyedZombie), I'll be on in a little while.

EDIT: Beaten :argh:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Man, I'm a little offended by how bad the Argus.

Four krogans of varying classes vs. Reapers on Gold might be my new favorite thing.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Whelp, full extraction it is. It's amazing that they can manage to make a find a new way to make things ambiguous every operation, but I guess that's why they do this for a living.

Also the Argus actually made me nostalgic for when I only got character cards for poo poo I had maxed. Oh well it's at X so I can go back to ignoring it until it gets a major buffing.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
I got the Argus to IX and the game trolled me for four straight PSPs before it maxed

Also good job to Team Fanbreak on Glacier, four Vorcha sprinting towards the basement and dousing it flames is pretty fun

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Turians: Team Oh gently caress A Phantom GODDAMMIT

consensual poster
Sep 1, 2009

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Ha we posted at the same time with the same experience. I am on PC, my tag is TheAbysmal (I don't remember the other players though except that the host was the one who blew it). It was on Glacier right?

Thanks for the Krogan smashfest. Sorry I kept charging a bunch of poo poo that you were trying to melee.

consensual poster fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Sep 22, 2012

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

The only two regulars on this forum whose Gamertags I don't know are VJeff and The New Black. Please list your gamertags so I can friend you (or you can friend me, my GT is SciFiDownBeat). Soon... soon I will have an army of goons at my disposal!

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Ugh, they hosed up the requirements again? Well, it's not like I would've gotten a partial extract with goons or friends, and I certainly wouldn't try the op with pubs.

SubponticatePoster posted:

That's a nice way of saying he's stupid :v:

I try to be nice. :v:

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Anyone wanna do a Krogan or Vorcha team? My Origin ID is aegisaglow.

Lagomorphic posted:

That is only true for cryo, and fire explosions. Tech bursts do not require the enemy to die. They're not as obvious as other explosions though, which might be the issue.

Ah, my mistake.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Perfectly Cromulent posted:

Thanks for the Krogan smashfest. Sorry I kept charged a bunch of poo poo that you were trying to melee.

It's cool, brogan games are just chaotic and it doesn't matter that much as long as everything is getting sent flying. This operation has revived my interest in playing a bit since all of the games have been pretty fun so far, they should do stuff like this more often rather than lazy "promote two classes" poo poo. Encourage fun team makeups. I'm interested in playing an all drell team at some point.

highmodulus
Feb 16, 2011

Let's go crazy Broadway style!
Heading on now- PC as elf6c for anyone wanting to group up for this weeks event.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SciFiDownBeat posted:

The only two regulars on this forum whose Gamertags I don't know are VJeff and The New Black. Please list your gamertags so I can friend you (or you can friend me, my GT is SciFiDownBeat). Soon... soon I will have an army of goons at my disposal!

My GT is DelicateVJeff.

Felinoid posted:

I try to be nice. :v:

Hey it's not my fault, Geth Turret has like FOUR LETTERS that are the same as Geth Prime! :saddowns:

NuttO
Oct 22, 2001

sold fifty gold sixty platinum
I got invited to a Vorcha flame fest and completely forgot to enable Bloodlust for about half the match. I am the best Vorcha!

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Argus verdict: Still terrible.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress, all I have is a turian or a drell.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

VJeff posted:

Hey it's not my fault, Geth Turret has like FOUR LETTERS that are the same as Geth Prime! :saddowns:

Probably autoaim to blame a bit as well. I am very glad PC doesn't have to deal with that switching your target because the stick is angled just wrong.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Alteisen posted:

gently caress, all I have is a turian or a drell.
Add ioshva on Origin and I can probably carry you as a drellguard

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I GOT A FURY

How do I spec for maximum explode?

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Two Finger posted:

I GOT A FURY

read the OP noob

Reverend Jake
Sep 2, 2011
If anyone wants to shepherd a not-completely-skilled player through the festivities, I'm Revjake1 on Origin. Still quite new, don't have much gear, but I'm all about some hot same-species action to get more stuff.

Plus, my mic isn't working at the moment, so you don't have to put up with my yammering or worry about any backtalk.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Two Finger, at 1:58 posted:

I GOT A FURY

Elotana posted:

Elotana hosed around with this message at Sep 22, 2012 around 02:06

:colbert:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I just had the weirdest bug. Don't remember what character I was originally on, think KroSol, and get dropped into a lobby with 3 other people playing as Destroyers. I figure what the gently caress and switch over. Once the match starts, I can't see any enemies or the killfeed. I can see/do objectives and my teammates don't seem to be lagging. I could take damage. I think they were glitching because we did condor/cerb/plat in about 20 minutes.

Free credits I guess, but it wasn't really fun. The only points I got were for reviving people :saddowns:

highmodulus
Feb 16, 2011

Let's go crazy Broadway style!
After the third clear in a row- we went all Drell. Only Bronze though- still funny.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

thehumandignity posted:

I am having issues setting off tech bursts/fire explosions

Tech combos require the target to be on electrified, on fire, or completely frozen. Fire and cryo explosions also require the detonating power to kill the target with the initial damage. Tech bursts are very easy to do but the effect is very subtle and easily missed when other powers are being slung around. You can tech burst off of any enemy but fire and cryo explosions can only be done on unarmored infantry. Also Fire and cryo explosions are very hard to execute when you have teammates around because it's very easy for them to kill the target with weapon damage. They're nice when they happen but they are not worth trying for. Tech bursts however are easy to do and you should be actively using them.

I made a video to demonstrate the three tech explosion types:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJyEzUdiOlU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u05R-oci0Ek

This is the only way to do this op.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
Yesssssss that came out perfect hahaha

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The Turian Fitness was supposed to be buffed, wasn't it? I went with all health/shields options on Fitness and the guy still has all the tenacity of a wet paper bag. Like, "two Geth Troopers will drop this guy" bad.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Psion posted:

A perfect brofist.

For the record, four turians is amazing. Everything just melts.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

VJeff posted:

The Turian Fitness was supposed to be buffed, wasn't it? I went with all health/shields options on Fitness and the guy still has all the tenacity of a wet paper bag. Like, "two Geth Troopers will drop this guy" bad.

You should have 1425 shields, same as a fitness Batarian (less health I think) ... so yeah I don't know what you're doing.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Four krogan team was great. Nothing but grunting, sadistic laughter, and bodies flying across the battlefield.

Psion posted:

That was beautiful.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Psion posted:

You should have 1425 shields, same as a fitness Batarian (less health I think) ... so yeah I don't know what you're doing.

I really hope I picked the wrong options when I was speccing the guy or something, 'cause I've had Geth Hunters making me their personal hand puppet throughout this entire match and it's really irritating.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Sep 22, 2012

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Elotana posted:

Can't you just as easily say that you can use rail amps if you want weapon damage, though? Plus, the rank 6 damage bonus is 10%, which is equivalent to a level 1 rail amp, while the rank 6 weight bonus is usually 20 or 30%, equivalent to a level 2-3 efficiency mod.

my reasoning is that once you get a halfway decent manifest, your weapons are already pretty light. the cooldown difference between 200% and 160% is negligible whereas extra weapon damage is always helpful. Cooldown bonuses scale very poorly when stacked.

quote:

I don't usually take rank 6 passive at all unless I'm totally skipping a power, I'm just curious.

Yes in general take casters to racial 5 but weapon characters really benefit from the extra weapon damage, and a lot of the combat races have other awesome perks on that upgrade, too.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Turian Sentinel is way, way tougher than Soldier against Geth and Cerberus because Overload just kills

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Yeah I need to try this neural shock hyper-overload or whatever, sounds awesome

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Cierra posted:

I just finished a game with partial extraction because someone took cover at the LZ in Firebase Jade.

Biowareeeeee :argh:

I was the only one not taking cover on my Stripper Commando gold run just then. Rather annoying.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

I'm a big fan of chain/neural/shield on overload. Knocks the shield off of anything short of an Atlas and it stuns an extra dude.

Elotana posted:

Turian Sentinel is way, way tougher than Soldier against Geth and Cerberus because Overload just kills

Yeah the constant stuns keeps alot of fire off of you. Also 40-50% DR from tech armor makes those extra shields go a long way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The New Black
Oct 1, 2006

Had it, lost it.
Man, I want to try an all Krogan/Vorcha/Batarian team. I got the op done right off with a team of Asari, then found a team of Quarians I helped out, but those don't even feel that different from humans.

• Locked thread