Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

jamal posted:

Today I ran into his mom and found out she just spent $5200 getting an airbag replaced in her allroad.

:stare:

Throatwarbler posted:

Did I stumble into hondatech? What is with all this domestic hate? The Lacrosse assuming you mean the new one is a legitimately very good car that has sold very well and has been perfectly reliable. The 200 may not be the best car in the segment(that's why it's the cheapest) but it's perfectly adequate, reliable transportation and with the 3.6l V6 pretty fast.

I would buy a Sebring in an instant if it was the right price and had the 4 cyl with a manual. Even the 2.7l and the auto weren't too bad in the later years, friend of mine who's not bad with cars has had a couple of them, he keeps the tranny fluid fresh and uses synthetic oil only on the 2.7l engine and has never had a problem.

I honestly don't understand why anyone would even consider a Japanese car at all these days, other than a Prius or RX8 or something like that. American cars are just so much better in every way.

:suspense:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

I thought I'd only have the picture I took of it to post, which was taken through a dirty window with a lovely blackberry camera. A quick search, though, revealed that there are a few pictures on the tubes. Gentlemen, I present to you the Avatar Truck.

And here's my lovely quality one, a bit newer, as he's added more to the side of the bed.

I see the Avatar truck around fairly often, at least a few times a year. It always brightens my day.

Also, one time when I worked at Mr. Lube, a car came in with instructions written all o'er it. Here is what was under the battery cover.

*edit* I guess this isn't exactly terrible though. It's useful and funny!

Ansar Santa fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Sep 23, 2012

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

"Sulfuric acid is a demon." That's a new way to describe it.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

IOwnCalculus posted:

"Sulfuric acid is a demon." That's a new way to describe it.

haha the little frown faces are the best.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Crustashio posted:

If it threw in a BMW bashing it would be the perfect autoblog comment.

BMWs don't need to be bashed at all you see because everyone knows they're all slow overcomplicated pieces of poo poo I have no idea why someone would buy a 3-series over a Mustang you must be a badge worshipping douchebag

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

MrChips posted:

BMWs don't need to be bashed at all you see because everyone knows they're all slow overcomplicated pieces of poo poo I have no idea why someone would buy a 3-series over a Mustang you must be a badge worshipping douchebag

No, that's a jalopnik comment. Literally every car more expensive than a mustang v6/v8/boss 302 = JUST GET A MUSTANG

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Crustashio posted:

No, that's a jalopnik comment. Literally every car more expensive than a mustang v6/v8/boss 302 = JUST GET A MUSTANG

Alex Lloyd's articles are the main reason I still read Jalopnik.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Crustashio posted:

If it was a real Jalopnik comment, my name would be "MrChips shifts into Sixth Gear because Top Gear is copywrited" and I would be making an overly-self-aware attempt at the Commenter of the Day by writing a largely unfunny story about how a Mustang is literally the only car anyone should ever own.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

MrChips posted:

If it was a real Jalopnik comment, my name would be "MrChips shifts into Sixth Gear because Top Gear is copywrited" and I would be making an overly-self-aware attempt at the Commenter of the Day by writing a largely unfunny story about how a Mustang is literally the only car anyone should ever own.

But no one would know, because the page won't load right since they joined the web2.poo poo crowd.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

kastein posted:

But no one would know, because the page won't load right since they joined the web2.poo poo crowd.

My favourite thing is how it won't loving remember that i set it to blog view.

duffbeer
Apr 13, 2004

Warm and really fuzzy this time.
I have literally been away from the SAF for 4 years... just came back and spent an hour laughing my nuts off at this thread.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit
The earlier Mustang comment would make a more credible Autoblog comment, as 75% of Autoblog comments- no matter what the article is about- seem to be about why the Focus ST is the greatest car ever made or how every ZL1 vs. GT500 comparison that didn't decide in favor of the Ford was rigged and GOVERNMENT MOTORS. Jalopnik's main thing is wishing we had more manual diesel wagons in the US and people dismissing Alex Lloyd as "not being a real pro driver".

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

jamal posted:

Today I ran into his mom and found out she just spent $5200 getting an airbag replaced in her allroad.

Do you mean a suspension airbag or a safety airbag? Either way, that's crazy expensive.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I passed one of these in black on the highway today and it struck me as one of the worst stock spoilers in recent history. It's worse if you see it straight from behind though.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

DropShadow posted:

Do you mean a suspension airbag or a safety airbag? Either way, that's crazy expensive.
On an allroad almost definitely the suspension airbag(s). Things are probably the #1 reason used allroad prices are as low as they are.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

duffbeer posted:

I have literally been away from the SAF for 4 years... just came back and spent an hour laughing my nuts off at this thread.

Welcome back. If you like this, here is the link to the first terrible car stuff thread. Nearly 600 pages of poo poo-tastic body kits and other :psyduck: mods/repairs (will eventually require Archives to read).

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Seat Safety Switch posted:

On an allroad almost definitely the suspension airbag(s). Things are probably the #1 reason used allroad prices are as low as they are.

That's what I assumed. I've been browsing the used market for a decent one with plans to do a 2Bennett coilover conversion if/when I find one.

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Go ahead, laugh. They all laugh at first...

davebo posted:

I passed one of these in black on the highway today and it struck me as one of the worst stock spoilers in recent history. It's worse if you see it straight from behind though.

That can't be stock.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS

MrSaturn posted:

That can't be stock.

Ohoho, it is. I liked it from a 3/4 view on a black G6 I saw once, but now I see the light.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
The spoiler was the least offensive part of the car.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Throatwarbler posted:

The spoiler was the least offensive part of the car.

It's pretty much the brundlefly of cars, screaming for GM to kill it to end its suffering.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

IOwnCalculus posted:

It's pretty much the brundlefly of cars, screaming for GM to kill it to end its suffering.

The original top trim GTP in 2006 looked like this.

Sure it was a "performance model" with a 3.9l V6 that put out 240hp but at least it wasn't too bad looking.

The GXP was only offered for 2008. By complete coincidence GM went bankrupt and the Pontiac Brand was killed in the same year. :wth:

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
I'll never understand why they thought those hood vents were appropriate for a modern car.

It was even worse when Holden started putting (presumably left over) G8 front ends on Commodores and selling them as 'special limited editions'

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Given how many stick-on vents you see in the US, it's a very popular sporty look.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I remember when the concept G6 first hit the auto show circuit, and how exciting and dynamic it was for its time. Then the production version hit, and even though it kept a lot of the same lines, GM worked tremendously hard to make it as uninteresting as possible.

Farmdizzle
May 26, 2009

Hagel satan
Grimey Drawer

Sidakafitz posted:

*edit* I guess this isn't exactly terrible though. It's useful and funny!

This is funny because it's so right and wrong at the same time.

The fluid in a battery is mostly water. Not "100 % SULFURIC ACID".

The connect/disconnect order is because you don't want to mess with the positive terminal while the ground is hooked up, in case your tool happens to touch a part that's grounded. You're not going to blow up the battery doing it in the wrong order. But I have seen some backward-jumper-cable hilarity.

I used to work at Jiffy Lube, and more than once got to laugh at a tech that accidentally dragged a dipstick across the positive terminal. (I was usually nice enough to warn them to let it cool down afterward as well...)

And I'm absolutely kicking myself over the pictures I never took that should be in this thread. Gotta go diggin' on my hard drive...

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Throatwarbler posted:

The original top trim GTP in 2006 looked like this.

Sure it was a "performance model" with a 3.9l V6 that put out 240hp but at least it wasn't too bad looking.

The GXP was only offered for 2008. By complete coincidence GM went bankrupt and the Pontiac Brand was killed in the same year. :wth:

Now where have I seen that recently...

Oh right.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy
^^^ At least the Honda doesn't have loving buck-teeth...

Can you guess how much a 1987 Fiero with 73k miles on it would cost in Australia?

How does $13,800 sound? Before tax?

At least it's right hand drive...

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Farmdizzle posted:

I used to work at Jiffy Lube, and more than once got to laugh at a tech that accidentally dragged a dipstick across the positive terminal. (I was usually nice enough to warn them to let it cool down afterward as well...)

The nissan patrol 4.2L turbo intercooler diesels a shocker for this.

You can just see the little yellow dipstick handle peeping out from under the intercooler on the left hand side. And see the red positive terminal cover. That does NOT fit if you add any more than 1 thin extra cable?

One of the guys at work dragged that dipstick out at a low angle (forced because of the cooler location) onto the positive terminal. The dipstick is a twisted wire shaft with a little metal panel on the bottom to read the oil level. It welded the drat metal panel into the dipstick tube, and because the shaft is cable, not solid, you couldnt twist it back and forth to break it free!

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

JaysonAych posted:

I remember when the concept G6 first hit the auto show circuit, and how exciting and dynamic it was for its time. Then the production version hit, and even though it kept a lot of the same lines, GM worked tremendously hard to make it as uninteresting as possible.

I dont know why but it reminds me of when Lamborghini designed the Intrepid.
Ahh the Chrysler days. :allears:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Or the Volt.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Preoptopus posted:

I dont know why but it reminds me of when Lamborghini designed the Intrepid.
Ahh the Chrysler days. :allears:

The sci fi dork in me really fuckin loves this car, except the headlights

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

So could you just not open the back door unless the front door was already open? Surely that's a safety hazard in addition to being really inconvenient?

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Go ahead, laugh. They all laugh at first...

davebo posted:

So could you just not open the back door unless the front door was already open? Surely that's a safety hazard in addition to being really inconvenient?

Sure, but lots of trucks work that way. And some cars, too (RX8, I think, and the Saturn Ion).

The Jabberwocky
May 31, 2006

At least it worked.

Not the worst thing that's been posted to be sure, but I just can't stop thinking about how much money this guy spent on his Aztec. His lovingly cared for Aztec.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
In another 25 years when that thing is restored to showroom-or-better condition, he'll be laughing his rear end off as the owner of the only surviving example.

PCJ-600
Apr 17, 2001

Wrong thread?

PCJ-600 fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Sep 24, 2012

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

PXJ800 posted:

Wrong thread?

Not as long as you're just referring to the spoiler on top. Everything else seems right as rain.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

I like how they couldn't even get the front and rear doors to line up properly. It must have been opened at least, oh.. twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

PXJ800 posted:

Wrong thread?
I bet you that after parking that truck, no less than 5 minutes will go by before a party starts. Im pretty sure thats the TMNT party wagon with a new paint job.