Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Awesomonster posted:

Man, look at that guy's face. He looks so goddamn reverent [snip]
That was my first impression, too, that he looked like he was on the sidelines of a religious revival meeting or something. He is feeling it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Zeether posted:

Just challenges. TamaGe and the game collections would require more licenses I think.

So will anyone at least be doing translations for those segments or something? :/

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
Yes, we are translating and releasing all the side segments from the licensed challenge episodes. This includes the industry interview portions not included in TV-Nihon's early ep releases.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

zari-gani posted:

Yes, we are translating and releasing all the side segments from the licensed challenge episodes. This includes the industry interview portions not included in TV-Nihon's early ep releases.

WooHoo! Was hoping that'd be the case. Thank you.

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011
I don't check the thread for a few days and I miss a TGS middle-man merch exchange! Drat! Oh well, maybe next TGS. Unless we get some shirts in the West...

Whilst farting I posted:

Here's a "what's that song" question: during Zombie Nation, when the title with Arino's face flying around as the head of the game appears after other segments, what is that? It sounds like Somewhere Over The Rainbow with horns, but I can't find that specific version of it.

Better late than never?

Mister Chief posted:

What's the deal with that kid getting his head shaved as punishment in Satoshi Tajiri's anecdote?

I've actually seen this somewhere before...

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?
So this popped up on my Tumblr tag searches, and I figured some of you might get a kick out of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOcatbrQ5iw

Paris-Dekar made into a shooter game in the old SNES shooter maker Dezaemon.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Can anyone tell if that white kid is actually speaking Japanese? I wonder how many army brats actually had Japanese as a dual first language.

Chococat
Aug 22, 2000
Forum Veteran

I was trying to figure out if the shop in the Odaiba Fuji-TV HQ had GCCX stuff and this was linked off the merch page. Any idea what's going on? http://eshop.fujitv.co.jp/full_static.php?id=gccx_od

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Chococat posted:

I was trying to figure out if the shop in the Odaiba Fuji-TV HQ had GCCX stuff and this was linked off the merch page. Any idea what's going on? http://eshop.fujitv.co.jp/full_static.php?id=gccx_od

You can order your own GCCX-themed business cards.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Dragomorph posted:

So this popped up on my Tumblr tag searches, and I figured some of you might get a kick out of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOcatbrQ5iw

Paris-Dekar made into a shooter game in the old SNES shooter maker Dezaemon.

And it even makes about as much sense as the actual game! :v:

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Mister Chief posted:

Can anyone tell if that white kid is actually speaking Japanese? I wonder how many army brats actually had Japanese as a dual first language.

It's been a while since I've seen the Japanese dub, but I think he is. Gamera movies have a tradition where one of the kids is American(-ish). See, Gamera is friend to ALL the children.
All Asian and white kids are enough for Gamera.

Chococat
Aug 22, 2000
Forum Veteran

Dropping the first wave of swag into the post in about 15 hours! zari-gani, Vlaphor, Xamphear, Humongous Pear and Joshuadel should have exciting surprises soon! I've sent messages out to the remaining people about their items.

Chococat fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Sep 25, 2012

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
Hopefully I sent you the money in time to be included - I cannot properly express my excitement! :neckbeard:

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Official press release:

"Fuji TV ONE presents Game Center CX in Asia ~Aim to Represent Cambodia!~

CS Fuji TV ONE's popular program 'Game Center CX' will do it again this year! A 2-hour long special! This time, Chief Arino goes to asia... destination: Cambodia! Though he can't represent Japanese gamers, maybe he can represent Cambodia? Chief Arino enters a game tournament in Cambodia as though he were in the Olympics!

Will the Chief be able to become a game representative in the unfamiliar land of Cambodia?! His tour with the usual crew members is a must-see. And of course, there's a game challenge! This time, he will tackle an extremely famous game that had everybody hooked!

Will the Chief be able to show the ending?!

Two hours of nothing but games, as usual... Stay tuned!!"

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
So it's a Holiday in Cambodia?

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!
Cambodia is one of those places where I know what it is when someone mentions it, but if you asked me to make a list of Asian countries from memory, I would never come up with it.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

xamphear posted:

Cambodia is one of those places where I know what it is when someone mentions it, but if you asked me to make a list of Asian countries from memory, I would never come up with it.

Well, Cambodia just isn't on many Westerner's radars. Like, I'm aware of Pol Pot and the killing fields, and Nixon's illegal firebombings, but aside from that, it's just sort of a country that's in the southern area, I believe next to Vietnam.

Spaz Medicine
Feb 22, 2008

I'm not afraid to admit that I only know where Cambodia is because of Apocalypse Now.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
I know of it mostly because Anthony Bourdain visited Cambodia in No Reservations, it was a very good episode though obviously not very cheerful.

Looking forward to the special though.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Is that outfit he wears something that Japanese employees actually have to wear at any job? Or just something suitably crappy and horrible because that's just how they roll?

I was reflecting that he manages to make even an Asian temple background look completely terrible because that outfit is so drat ugly :v:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

victrix posted:

Is that outfit he wears something that Japanese employees actually have to wear at any job? Or just something suitably crappy and horrible because that's just how they roll?

I was reflecting that he manages to make even an Asian temple background look completely terrible because that outfit is so drat ugly :v:

You usually see that type of uniform on delivery guys in Japan.

Bradster
Aug 14, 2004

Ryan Reynolds brings a brilliant new form of acting in every movie he does!
Anyone know what happened to Alluvion?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

8-bit Miniboss posted:

You usually see that type of uniform on delivery guys in Japan.

In that same wondrous toothpaste mint hue?

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!

Bradster posted:

Anyone know what happened to Alluvion?

The domain registration expired on 2012-09-22 and r1ch didn't renew it. His last post on the forums was a month ago. Does anyone know him outside of the forums? He's got a very narrow window in which he can reclaim the domain before it gets incredibly hard to recover.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

xamphear posted:

The domain registration expired on 2012-09-22 and r1ch didn't renew it. His last post on the forums was a month ago. Does anyone know him outside of the forums? He's got a very narrow window in which he can reclaim the domain before it gets incredibly hard to recover.
I sent him an email at r1ch.net but that site is a bit abandoned so who knows how often he checks that address. He's currently the administrator for teamliquid.net so I'll try messaging him there.

Then there's his twitter @R1CH_TL where he posted just yesterday, but tweeting goonbusiness would just feel 'wrong'. :saddowns:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Chococat posted:

Absolutely anything you do not have platinum! Please email me at EMAIL so we can sort out your postage. Thank you!

Done!

absolutely anything fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Sep 25, 2012

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

victrix posted:

In that same wondrous toothpaste mint hue?

You can also have mouthwash, or even mustard.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
Is there any other place we can grab the torrents while Alluvion is down? I'm trying to download the episodes I've missed, and depositfiles.com is just awful.

Joshuadel
Sep 2, 2011

Drop in a token, look at a duck

Chococat posted:

Dropping the first wave of swag into the post in about 15 hours! zari-gani, Vlaphor, Xamphear, Humongous Pear and Joshuadel should have exciting surprises soon! I've sent messages out to the remaining people about their items.

I remember as a kid, I used to order prizes off the back of cereal boxes. Send two or three UPCs, get some small glow-in-the-dark ghost, things like that. Until whatever tchotchke I'd ordered arrived, the act of checking the mail inspired that same kind of anticipatory joy that any and all childhood holidays brought.

All of this to say: thanks, Chococat, for letting me recapture that magic. Is it too early to start checking the mailbox?

FireCar
Sep 20, 2002

What's this?!

Cemetry Gator posted:

So it's a Holiday in Cambodia?

I know that is a band reference but I cannot remember which one. Dead Kennedys maybe? It's been forever since I've even heard that reference, so I'm not really sure.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I admire the raw ugliness on display here, it's almost an art form

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

FireCar posted:

I know that is a band reference but I cannot remember which one. Dead Kennedys maybe? It's been forever since I've even heard that reference, so I'm not really sure.

Yes, it's a reference to the Dead Kennedys.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Got in touch with Rich about the domain and he's renewing it now so alluvion should hopefully be back in not too long.
He wasn't aware people still used it.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

Nill posted:

Got in touch with Rich about the domain and he's renewing it now so alluvion should hopefully be back in not too long.

And just like that, it's back up. Thank you!

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

zari-gani posted:

Yes, it is.

Oh no, I think I did something wrong here...

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

xamphear posted:

Worse comes to worst, we could just upload them to some anime torrent aggregator. Just remember to update your Adblock ahead of time, I guess.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Silentman0 posted:

Worse comes to worst, we could just upload them to some anime torrent aggregator. Just remember to update your Adblock ahead of time, I guess.

Nill posted:

Spincut posted:

And just like that, it's back up. Thank you!

If you can't see it now either try flushing your dns cache or just give it time to timeout.

Chococat
Aug 22, 2000
Forum Veteran

Joshuadel posted:

I remember as a kid, I used to order prizes off the back of cereal boxes. Send two or three UPCs, get some small glow-in-the-dark ghost, things like that. Until whatever tchotchke I'd ordered arrived, the act of checking the mail inspired that same kind of anticipatory joy that any and all childhood holidays brought.

All of this to say: thanks, Chococat, for letting me recapture that magic. Is it too early to start checking the mailbox?

You can just do it the modern way and F5 your tracking page repeatedly. Caitlin, I got your payment and yours went out with today's shipment. So did Vincolo and DiscoJ's orders. If only I could box up all of your enthusiasm and deliver it to the booth next year!

Chococat fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Sep 25, 2012

Sailor Goon
Feb 21, 2012

Chococat posted:

Thank you so much! I can't wait for the folders to get here and to blow my friend's mind with one. Also, it's good to know that goons found another way to support the show directly.

I wouldn't have even known to check in the thread if I hadn't seen all the new posts and made the assumption that an episode had just dropped, so I feel pretty lucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Spaz Medicine posted:

I'm not afraid to admit that I only know where Cambodia is because of Apocalypse Now.

I'm almost afraid to admit when I saw the press release image I was worried about Arino being played by a different actor in Game Center CX in Asia: Annihilation.

"Goro mo~... those were 500 dollar sunglasses, rear end in a top hat."