Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Good night, sweet rock-beetle prince. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
That demon... thing... is objectively incredible. :aaaaa:

Seriously, LB, you have some great potential for amazing things in the graphic novel business in your future at this rate. Keep on doing what you're doing! :thumbsup:

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

OrangeGuy posted:

That demon... thing... is objectively incredible. :aaaaa:

Seriously, LB, you have some great potential for amazing things in the graphic novel business in your future at this rate. Keep on doing what you're doing! :thumbsup:

I think he needs some actual training, but gently caress yes he's actually put out some really good stuff for someone who (I think) has had no artistic education. He's obviously willing to try new things and look at new ideas for how he draws things. I think taking some kind of class would really help him improve.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Slime posted:

I think he needs some actual training, but gently caress yes he's actually put out some really good stuff for someone who (I think) has had no artistic education. He's obviously willing to try new things and look at new ideas for how he draws things. I think taking some kind of class would really help him improve.

Lazerbot is probably a master artist. This whole thing has been an experiment in gradually improving an artistic work to attempt to make it seem like development over time, and to mirror our clarity of understanding and rapport with the characters. By the climax, everything will be photorealistic. By the denouement, it will be modern art, with only figures alluding to the characters. Hyper-postmodern symbolic poo poo where we're no longer sure if we're looking at the simulacra or the simulation. As the curtain falls, the characters will look exactly as they did in the beginning, rough sketches in MSPaint, demonstrating their ultimate adequacy as a story-telling medium, and mirroring our attachment to the story as the clarity of the characters fades, the storyteller leaving.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
That was honestly a good idea from Garry. He broke up the stone into bits and threw them into the eye of the demon thing, since it seems intuitively obvious that the eye is the most vulnerable part.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

GARRY NO!

:negative:

At least he was trollin' to the end.

Tweek
Feb 1, 2005

I have more disposable income than you.

DrSunshine posted:

That was honestly a good idea from Garry. He broke up the stone into bits and threw them into the eye of the demon thing, since it seems intuitively obvious that the eye is the most vulnerable part.

But did it flash when he did it?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Man it's been a while since I got to see both an Elderitch abomination AND have it actually dismember somebody and not just have heavy insinuation. LB you continue to satisfy. :allears:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Paramemetic posted:

Lazerbot is probably a master artist. This whole thing has been an experiment in gradually improving an artistic work to attempt to make it seem like development over time, and to mirror our clarity of understanding and rapport with the characters. By the climax, everything will be photorealistic. By the denouement, it will be modern art, with only figures alluding to the characters. Hyper-postmodern symbolic poo poo where we're no longer sure if we're looking at the simulacra or the simulation. As the curtain falls, the characters will look exactly as they did in the beginning, rough sketches in MSPaint, demonstrating their ultimate adequacy as a story-telling medium, and mirroring our attachment to the story as the clarity of the characters fades, the storyteller leaving.

Hahaha, this is kind of a theory I have been toying around with (and hope actually comes true...)

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

:allears:

Lazy B will unite us all. Deep down, we're all jiggy dogs.

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous
Awesome! Now everyone who reads TGT can have a name for themselves. And not a dumb one.

"You People" - LB, 2012

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

So is "you people" the official name of the TGT fan community?

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Calico Heart posted:

So is "you people" the official name of the TGT fan community?

Only in direct address. When discussing us to a third party, we are "those people."

For example:
"What is that rear end in a top hat laughing at?"
"Some comic where Elmer Fudd is a necromancer I think."
"Oh, he's one of those people."

or:

"Hey, is that Tails Gets Trolled? Are you one of those people?"
"I am one of those people."
"I am one of you people too!"

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
When the demon cuts Garry's face, it also cuts through the background layer.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Garry ended up being a lot stronger than I would have initially thought. I wonder if any of the other troll 'lieutenants' are comparable.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Paramemetic posted:

Only in direct address. When discussing us to a third party, we are "those people."

For example:

or:

"Hey, is that Tails Gets Trolled? Are you one of those people?"
"I am one of those people."
"I am one of you people too!"

I think you mean "them people."

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
"The You People" sounds like a 1970s British science fiction show about shapeshifting aliens masquerading as humans, possibly set in a boarding school. There would be a special shapeshifting effect, which would probably be executed by superimposing a piece of foil over the actor's face and rattling it a bit while slowly fading to another actor. This would be accompanied by a special sound effect, which the BBC Radiophonic Workshop would have created by poking a trombonist with a stick and then running the results through a ring modulator.

Very effective use of stark white backgrounds and blurry text, by the way. Lazerbot really has an excellent eye for these sorts of things.

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer

Forktoss posted:

"The You People" sounds like a 1970s British science fiction show about shapeshifting aliens masquerading as humans, possibly set in a boarding school. There would be a special shapeshifting effect, which would probably be executed by superimposing a piece of foil over the actor's face and rattling it a bit while slowly fading to another actor. This would be accompanied by a special sound effect, which the BBC Radiophonic Workshop would have created by poking a trombonist with a stick and then running the results through a ring modulator.

Film it in a quarry, add a few purple wigs and give the scenery boys a budget of £10 (for extra-wobbly walls) and I would unironically watch that. And don't scrimp on the banks of pointless flashing lights, either.

oh god I love Blakes 7 so much

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
If the motion comic ever gets this far, this is where Adagio for Strings starts playing.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
Aw come on. Garry actually won, and he just suddenly gets killed off. :(

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

spincube posted:

Film it in a quarry, add a few purple wigs and give the scenery boys a budget of £10 (for extra-wobbly walls) and I would unironically watch that. And don't scrimp on the banks of pointless flashing lights, either.

oh god I love Blakes 7 so much

Naturally, then, you love Darkplace?

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Baron La Croix posted:

If the motion comic ever gets this far, this is where Adagio for Strings starts playing.

This is off-topic, but what's the source for your avatar? It looks so familiar.

Also, R.I.P. Garry, man of a million faces.

(My face!!!)

bowser fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Sep 25, 2012

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

bowser posted:

Also, R.I.P. Garry, man of a million faces.

He looks so happy at the end. :unsmith:

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I'll never forget you, Garry. Rest In Peace you effing eff-word.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Paramemetic posted:

For example:

Oh my God, it's so perfect.

Shiran
Feb 20, 2003

I liked Garry and I'm sad to see him die. Do you think he'll come back as a zombie?

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
It's possible Garry's not dead. Maybe Demaro, or Demaro's patron demon or whatever is just affecting his mind while Demaro escapes or something. I'm not convinced Garry's dead just yet.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

The Super-Id posted:

It's possible Garry's not dead. Maybe Demaro, or Demaro's patron demon or whatever is just affecting his mind while Demaro escapes or something. I'm not convinced Garry's dead just yet.

Sadly, there's no chance. TGT isn't the kind of comic to pull it's punches.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Wait, so is that thing Xel'lotath from Eternal Darkness? I mean, it looks similar, but that's an obscure reference, even for TGT.

Coach Sport
Jul 3, 2003
And we care about this shitty poster...why?
I have a feeling Garry is going to be brutally killed here, then he'll show up again later even more horribly disfigured as a zombie or a cyborg or something. Getting horribly mutilated and still coming back seems to be a running theme with Garry.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

ChaosSamusX posted:

Wait, so is that thing Xel'lotath from Eternal Darkness? I mean, it looks similar, but that's an obscure reference, even for TGT.

LB confirmed via sacebook it is in fact not Xel'o'tath. The design ire reminiscent, but they are actually very different once you refresh your memory with a google image search

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

ChaosSamusX posted:

It totally doesn't look that similar at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-0UgLXGvuw

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Does anyone have the links to the galleries for chapters 2+? I used to have it bookmarked but that computer died so now I'm up poo poo creek.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Dickeye posted:

Does anyone have the links to the galleries for chapters 2+? I used to have it bookmarked but that computer died so now I'm up poo poo creek.
https://www.tailsgetstrolled.com

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Dickeye posted:

I think this is what you want: http://olivil.imgur.com/

Oh, that's a good one, too. :geno:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Yessssss. I found the gallery for chapter 2 (WHAT? I HAVE NO loving EARS) but this is better.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Dickeye posted:

Yessssss. I found the gallery for chapter 2 (WHAT? I HAVE NO loving EARS) but this is better.

You're welcome!

It usually gets updated a few hours after LB puts it up, but it's never more than a day behind (so far).

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
If the entire fight scene was buildup to this mindfuckery- well worth it, I'd say. Garry did something to attract something very powerful and dangerous and things are about to get worse.

I'm sure there will eventually be a lengthy explanation of just what happened, but I'm enjoying the mystery of it.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
I wonder what Silver's up to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forge_Pharaoh
Jul 4, 2010
This is kind of a small detail, but I thought the blurring of Garry's word balloons to connote illegibility was pretty cool. Has that been done in a comic before?