Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Still got this lined up:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

why oh WHY
Apr 25, 2012

So like I said, not my fault. Nobody can judge me for it.
But, yeah...
Okay.
I admit it.
Human teenager Rainbow Dash was hot!

Unkempt posted:

Still got this lined up:

I will throw money at you until I get one.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
So does the non-spoiler show thread get a massive flood of book based spoiler photoshops like ten seconds after they happen on HBO during a live-watch?

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Not really. There isn't anything quite like Robb Wind yet.

e: Also, The Wild Cards thread continues to be interesting. That thread's Azure_Horizon, on how a female Fortunato's abilities might work (which I believe they misunderstood to be a question as to whether such a one existed):

Jedit posted:

There isn't one. It's a circle thing; women can awaken the power but can't use it, men can use the power but can't awaken it. It's not exactly an equal relationship, but it makes the point that a man is nothing without the love of a woman.

Yep. That's...yep.

whowhatwhere fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Sep 23, 2012

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012

Arbite posted:

The thing we totally should do is hoard all these gifs and have one guy do like fifty of them in one post the second the episode ends. Imagine it...:allears:

This is the best way, it would be like a party!

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

p.crestmont posted:

This is the best way, it would be like a party!

It will be our wedding present to the kiddies.

Mazel tov!

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson
GRRMstagram

He looks like an evil priest.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

GRRM might look less creepy if his eyewear wasn't twenty years out of date at a minimum. Get some smaller frames, man, be modern.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20

The Mutato posted:

GRRMstagram

Holy poo poo, priestofsatan.jpg right there.

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson
My halloween party this year is in an old church. I think I know my costume now.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Make sure you get the turtle pin for your lapel.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
Does anyone else find that he resembles Laurence Fishburne?

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Nickoten posted:

No, although I do think that Ron Perlman and Danny Glover were separated at birth.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

The Mutato posted:

GRRMstagram

Padre Damien's cousin, is that you?

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012

Nickoten posted:

Aagh now I can't unsee it!

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

I have a picture of me with GRRM. He looks less than enthused.

What did GRRM do to make that lady behind him so sad? And why did it make him so happy?

Wait, don't answer that.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

It involves masturbation.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
It's amazing how closely GRMM's actual appearance aligns with what I expected he'd look like before I'd ever seen him.

Not that he's the only author like that. See also: Goodkind, Terry.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

I expect Terry Goodkind to wear a lot of studded leather and often walk into a McDonalds wearing a strapon without realizing it.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

RA Salvatore looks exactly like you would expect him to, as well.

I think the last author I read who doesn't seem to match up with their voice at all has been Jim Butcher. I expected him to look a lot more like Fat Harry Dresden. Maybe if I'd read his non-Dresden stuff?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Thulsa Doom posted:

I expect Terry Goodkind to wear a lot of studded leather and often walk into a McDonalds wearing a strapon without realizing it.

Yeah I could see that. He'd never order the chicken though, because it might be possessed.

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Sep 25, 2012

Bluedust
Jan 7, 2009

by Ralp

Vigilance posted:

Yeah I could see that. He'd never order the chicken though, because it might be possessed.

Holy poo poo

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

That is the look of a man who sees other human beings as anuses ready for plundering.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm getting in shape for Halloween (Bane), but now I'm thinking I'll just eat all the food, buy a sea captain hat, and terrorize every party.

Also, every thread needs an A_H. Discussions are boring without that one glue-eating motherfucker that interjects their insanity.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Vigilance posted:

This is literally me in high-school (minus the the harrowing effects of years of alcohol abuse).

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I'm getting in shape for Halloween (Bane), but now I'm thinking I'll just eat all the food, buy a sea captain hat, and terrorize every party.

Also, every thread needs an A_H. Discussions are boring without that one glue-eating motherfucker that interjects their insanity.

Hey pedants you all need laser eye surgery because you're obviously not reading this great oh god I can't do it.

Gurm Gurmy gurming piece of poo poo!

EDIT: Someone needs to post that bananas Goodkind interview again. Or the chicken thing.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Vigilance posted:

quote:

Its claws digging into stiff dead flesh, the chicken slowly turned to face her. It cocked its head, making its comb flop, its wattles sway.

"Shoo," Kahlan heard herself whisper.

There wasn't enough light, and besides, the side of its beak was covered with gore, so she couldn't tell if it had the dark spot. But she didn't need to see it.

"Dear spirits, help me," she prayed under her breath.

The bird let out a slow chicken cackle. It sounded like a chicken, but in her heart she knew it wasn't. In that instant, she completely understood the concept of a chicken that was not a chicken. This looked like a chicken, like most of the Mud People's chickens. But this was no chicken.

This was evil manifest.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

And yet is simultaneously more correct than the rest of the Bad Thread.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

You know, the insane don't think they're crazy. They sit there, eating post-it notes instead of cheese slices, and think they're entirely normal.

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

I have a picture of me with GRRM. He looks less than enthused.

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

This is literally me in high-school (minus the the harrowing effects of years of alcohol abuse).

I wouldn't feel too bad, that's a lot of people in high school. The pathetic part is when they never quite outgrow it and it slowly spoils until they become the kind of wrongly self-assured rear end in a top hat that no one can communicate with to tell them they're creeping people out because their views on reality are so widely divergent from the general public that it actually becomes impossible.

Terry Goodkind is the sort of person who leaves their sex toys laying out, even when they know company is coming over and you're never quite sure if it's because he doesn't recognize that it is a thing that one should politely put up or if it is some kind of pathetic macho thing where he's trying to prove that he knows what sex is because he never got laid in high school.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

You know, the insane don't think they're crazy. They sit there, eating post-it notes instead of cheese slices, and think they're entirely normal.

You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

*takes victory sip of own urine from one of many jars*

*earns a big red title from the goddamn final fantasy thread*

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Vigilance posted:

Terry Goodkind looks like he could beat me up.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

And the stupid are entirely oblivious to their own problem, too.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Azure_Horizon posted:

And the stupid are entirely oblivious to their own problem, too.

Are you suggesting that your stupidity is an illness? Because I'm pretty sure B_o_T is a degenerated fruit case already. And I've heard he loving love those post it's.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

What the hell, Anders? I don't have a problem, post-its are for social occasions only.

:negative:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I snort post-it notes off a hooker's rear end nightly.

joneswt
Feb 22, 2011

General Battuta posted:

quote:

Its claws digging into stiff dead flesh, the chicken slowly turned to face her. It cocked its head, making its comb flop, its wattles sway.

"Shoo," Kahlan heard herself whisper.

There wasn't enough light, and besides, the side of its beak was covered with gore, so she couldn't tell if it had the dark spot. But she didn't need to see it.

"Dear spirits, help me," she prayed under her breath.

The bird let out a slow chicken cackle. It sounded like a chicken, but in her heart she knew it wasn't. In that instant, she completely understood the concept of a chicken that was not a chicken. This looked like a chicken, like most of the Mud People's chickens. But this was no chicken.

This was evil manifest.

I have seen this quote posted multiple times whenever people mention Terry Goodkind, but I have never heard what happens next. Does the narrator get murdered by the Satan chicken?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

joneswt posted:

I have seen this quote posted multiple times whenever people mention Terry Goodkind, but I have never heard what happens next. Does the narrator get murdered by the Satan chicken?

It roughs her up some and then her boyfriend scares it off if I remember correctly. It turns out to actually be a manifestation of a centuries old spell to remove all magic from existence or some poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

IRQ posted:

I snort post-it notes off a hooker's rear end nightly.

I snort a hookers rear end off post-it's nightly.