Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I think Micromancer was talking to the guy that thought the van Boomerjinks posted was a 'Mother, Jugs & Speed' replica.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

I had a photo shoot down at Flemings in Egg Harbor Township, NJ. Saw a bunch of AI stuff that I thought you'd all enjoy.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
That pretty much seals it. Need a fake business sign painted onto the truck now.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Somebody call Mooecow...

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
That's amazing. Scrolling down, thinking wow, then: wow a hovercraft, then: wow, a helicopter! Awesome stuff

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

I hope everyone's taking a close look at the "train" two above the helicopter as well.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

bisticles posted:

I hope everyone's taking a close look at the "train" two above the helicopter as well.

Seems legit

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

bisticles posted:

Fuel trailer, right?

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

http://www.auctionsamerica.com/events/live-auction.cfm?SaleCode=TB12

That crazy huge New Hampshire auction is currently going on right now. A one-off BMW racecar just sold for six figures, and as I type this, a Lancia roadster is bidding at $170,000.

They pulled a bunch of the interesting stuff, like the two intact Skylines and all the Familia GT-Rs (the GTX is still there though :unsmith:).

[edit] EVERY SINGLE 323 WENT FOR loving PENNIES AAAAAAAAARGH gently caress YOU NEW HAMPSHIRE :argh:

MiniFoo fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Sep 22, 2012

MATLAB 1988
Sep 20, 2009
Have I posted about my Subaru XT yet? Here are pictures of my Subaru XT. POST POST POST.

MiniFoo posted:

That crazy huge New Hampshire auction is currently going on right now. A one-off BMW racecar just sold for six figures, and as I type this, a Lancia roadster is bidding at $170,000.

They pulled a bunch of the interesting stuff, like the two intact Skylines and all the Familia GT-Rs (the GTX is still there though :unsmith:).

[edit] EVERY SINGLE 323 WENT FOR loving PENNIES AAAAAAAAARGH gently caress YOU NEW HAMPSHIRE :argh:

The cutest coke dealer's car (190e Cosworth with period bodywork) sold for $3100!

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MiniFoo posted:

Holy poo poo this is 20 minutes from me. I had no idea it was going on. :(

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

kylej posted:

Holy poo poo this is 20 minutes from me. I had no idea it was going on. :(
You monster, I was counting on you to make proxy bids for me.

toaster_pastry
Apr 30, 2004

against all authority
Found some cool old cars in the California central valley a couple months ago (sorry for the hipster photo editing).

Story/more pics here: http://goo.gl/k1V21

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
My recollection is the same as your intuition: that they're there to keep the bank from eroding. I'd read before that people have done that along river banks that didn't have trees to hold the soil in place.

As an aside, it looks like you went through Coalinga (Coaling Station A). Is it as desolate a poo poo-place as I've been told?

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
Took a swing by Mid Ohio today for some O Fest racing, didn't get a lot of pictures but I did see this:

A real S42 in an E36, hanging out in TC Kline's corral.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

speedtek posted:

Took a swing by Mid Ohio today for some O Fest racing, didn't get a lot of pictures but I did see this:

With that cage it looks like it may have been a proper touring car. Was it a sedan?

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
Yes it was. It had "POBST" on the window so it was the real deal.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

speedtek posted:

Jesus I think someone carrying a heap of scaffold tripped up and fell into that engine bay. That car has got to be stiff and then some.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Gorgeous XJ40 parked across the street from the office this morning.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES

That looks nasty as hell. I'd drive it around all day like that.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH
This 66 Chevy Nova came into my shop for an inspection last Saturday:

In addition to the custom paint and wheels, it had a built small block that the owner claims made almost 500hp. Sounded mean and had a noticeable lope in the idle. The original front suspension had long since worn out in several areas, it's coming back later in the week for a complete overhaul.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Root Bear posted:

This 66 Chevy Nova came into my shop for an inspection last Saturday:

In addition to the custom paint and wheels, it had a built small block that the owner claims made almost 500hp. Sounded mean and had a noticeable lope in the idle. The original front suspension had long since worn out in several areas, it's coming back later in the week for a complete overhaul.

FAHV HUNNERT HORSEPOWER

I dig the paint though!

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City
My wallpaper is pretty awesome AI poo poo:

LobsterBoy's Buick in front of The Gamble House with a nice exposure.

(link to source): http://i.imgur.com/EZswK.jpg

Paul Boz_ fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Sep 25, 2012

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Root Bear posted:

almost 500hp.

Root Bear posted:

original front suspension
Riiiiight.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

You'd be distressed too if some pile of bones just told you your favorite hat was stupid.
You don't need suspension when you live life 1/4 mile at a time.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Paul Boz_ posted:

My wallpaper is pretty awesome AI poo poo:

LobsterBoy's Buick in front of The Gamble House with a nice exposure.

How about posting just the picture?

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Krakkles posted:

I don't have it on my phone? I had a pic of my desktop to send him. The pic was on my phone so I thought I'd post it since I liked it and I'm not near a PC at the moment.

[edit] just added an img.ur link. Droid does.

Paul Boz_ fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Sep 25, 2012

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Krakkles posted:

Check the Antiquities thread.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Krakkles posted:

Here's the link for the full size one that Brunome took.

That was the most badass trip ever. Lobsterboy is fun, classy goon.

edit: beaten by a million years

Boomerjinks fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Sep 25, 2012

DixielandDelight
Jul 23, 2012

I HATE PINK BIKES posted:

Better tell him not to lend it to a videogame company, to not secure it properly in transport, to threaten to sue said company when the spraycan paintjob gets scratched for something that was their own fault and then to post the personal details of a girl that had nothing to do with the damage to reddit so that she (a cancer survivor) gets rape threats on her birthday. Then tell him to get trolled so hard out of reddit when the full story comes out that he has to get his girlfriend/wife to post a thread defending him.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Is this in reference to the Jurrasic Park Jeep guy?

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004
From the PYF gif thread:

DixielandDelight posted:

Is this in reference to the Jurrasic Park Jeep guy?

Boomerjinks is the Jurassic park jeep guy; he had a title about that until he also got the AI art thread shut down which lead to his current title.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

MiniFoo posted:

My friend and I were going to go up for the day and buy a Skyline, however the nice auction lday called to inform us the day before that the Guv'ment had seized all the Skylines :(

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

GramCracker posted:

My friend and I were going to go up for the day and buy a Skyline, however the nice auction lday called to inform us the day before that the Guv'ment had seized all the Skylines :(

I'd be willing to bet that's what happened to the other Familias as well. If they needlessly crush them all... :smithicide:

The Rocket Salad
Sep 1, 2004

lol what
If i'm reading the auction results right, they did sell the LHD Familia GTR, but that was the only one aside from all the GTXs and that sweet GT sedan.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

The Rocket Salad posted:

If i'm reading the auction results right, they did sell the LHD Familia GTR, but that was the only one aside from all the GTXs and that sweet GT sedan.

Nah, they also sold the RHD GTX for some reason. Why that was allowed versus the RHD GTRs is anybody's guess, though.

http://www.auctionsamerica.com/events/feature-lots.cfm?SaleCode=TB12&ID=r168&Order=runorder&feature=grouping=

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Muffinpox posted:

From the PYF gif thread:

Please tell me that came from a japanese game show.

obso
Jul 30, 2000
OBSOLUTELY

MiniFoo posted:

Why that was allowed versus the RHD GTRs is anybody's guess, though.

They were probably imported by MotoRex and the feds just hadn't located them until they went up for auction.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

:whatup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbb9
Sep 6, 2011

Spongebob Tampax posted:

Please tell me that came from a japanese game show.
judging by how perfectly upright the surfer stays I'm gonna say its a statue