Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Forge_Pharaoh posted:

This is kind of a small detail, but I thought the blurring of Garry's word balloons to connote illegibility was pretty cool. Has that been done in a comic before?

I thought that was pretty cool too.

My theory is that Garry and the thing are in some kind of psychic zone. If Garry dies here he dies for real, but if he is able to somehow kill it, He'll be ok no matter how much it hurts him, and Demaro'll be hosed.

Then maybe if he lives he will leave the trolls to find out what exactly happened to him and he'll figure out some crazy metaphysical poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer

simplefish posted:

Naturally, then, you love Darkplace?

Well, it *was* the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Calico Heart posted:

A real human being. And a real hero.

All good things :smith:

No wonder I started having a mind-wrecking toothache at work. It was sympathy pains for Garry. :smith:

Of course, if anything, we could still have Android Garry around. :unsmith:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Garry is a bad guy. It is a testament to LB's writing that I am sad and upset that a non-video game/cereal mascot is going to die. You got me to care about, not just an OC, Lazer, but a badguy OC.

Bravo.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
You have to stop and admire how Lazerbot is using daylight to such an effect as it seems almost scarier than the dark cave. It really hammers in how exposed Garry is now.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

It is strange we're all so upset about Garry's passing, considering;

A) He burnt a little girl to death
B) We've only knownn his name for two chapters

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Calico Heart posted:

Two chapters, sure. But that's been, like, 5 months.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Calico Heart posted:

Freddy Kruger Syndrome. Who couldn't love the dude even if he was a mass murder/child murderer/molester?

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

:aaaaa:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Holy loving poo poo that's brutal

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

gently caress me. That's something and a half, isn't it?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Okay, now we can begin the real fight.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Garry is just lulling the monster into a false sense of security, hes going to pull out his new attack any second now

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous
How much more dead can one get than that?

As a side note, I wanna know what music LB has been listening to while drawing this part of the arc. Must be hella brutal.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
There's something very funny about the juxtaposition of horrific brutality and that cartoon ghost wave-y lower body thing. But I guess that's pretty much the point of the comic.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
I hope Garry's soul is powerful enough to take control of the monster instead of being devoured. I like that Garry's soul's face isn't mutilated at all.

Edit: I non-ironically wrote that sentence. I'm one of those people.

ThatPazuzu fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Sep 25, 2012

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
OH JESUS CHRIST! Hahahaha, man, that is just heartless. He got dismembered and then his loving soul got pulled out by a tractor beam!! That freaking owns!

Sudoku
Jul 18, 2009
This kind of makes up for the really long-rear end fight, I think. God loving drat, that's awful and amazing.

That expression as he's screaming seems well done.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Farewell, Garry, you died how you lived. Brutally disfigured.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Clever Spambot posted:

Garry is just lulling the monster into a false sense of security, hes going to pull out his new attack any second now

I unironically hope this is what happens.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

DrManiac posted:

I unironically hope this is what happens.

I don't. It'd detract from the magnificence that was his death, and lower the bar for the comic all-around.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

DrSunshine posted:

I don't. It'd detract from the magnificence that was his death, and lower the bar for the comic all-around.

Garry's not dead. His ghost is going to a soul fusion thing with Underbite Troll's ghost for the ultimate form. I just know it.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

I like how even his soul has those goofy shoulder pads

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
Garry's soul is totally going to take over that monster and keep calling everyone "faggots" over the ethereal realm.

bowser posted:

Also, R.I.P. Garry, man of a million faces.

This is picture is truly the essence of Garry. Face ripped off, covered in gigantic vines, and he's still grinning his steely grin and shouting obscenities. Quite the troll's troll. :patriot:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Godspeed, Garry. Godspeed. :911:

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
drat Deamro, your lower than a troll. Trolls only keep their harassment of their victims on Earthrealm. Harassing/Devouring them in the Spirit World is kinda creepy and stalkery in all honesty. Also soul eating is going to lead to literal Helldumping too.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

You'd think so, but this only means that Gary is in demon-boy's head. Taunting. FOREVER.

Of course this may also mean he's gotten the knowledge Gary picked up. Now that WOULD be something major.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Bloodly posted:

You'd think so, but this only means that Gary is in demon-boy's head. Taunting. FOREVER.

Of course this may also mean he's gotten the knowledge Gary picked up. Now that WOULD be something major.

Couldn't he have gotten the info from eating Gary's brain as well?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Forktoss posted:

Garry's soul is totally going to take over that monster and keep calling everyone "faggots" over the ethereal realm.

Bloodly posted:

I know he's probably just dead, but I would love lazerbot forever if he did one of these. :allears: They're really the best possible outcomes, for Garry and for the comic.

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna
I love how Garry is reaching for his body as he's getting pulled out, like

"nO GIVE IT B=>
=>ACK YOU oval office"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Forge_Pharaoh posted:

This is kind of a small detail, but I thought the blurring of Garry's word balloons to connote illegibility was pretty cool. Has that been done in a comic before?

Not in any I've read. Generally, they gently caress with the actual shape of the word balloon, and distort the text in other ways like shrinking or twisting, but blurring's pretty unusual.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Sep 25, 2012

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I loving love this. That thing killed Garry, AND his ghost. That's probably the most dead I've ever seen anything become at once.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.
I think what I'm sad about is that with Garry dead and double dead, there's no more Avatar influences in the comic. He was the only bender, being an Earthbender.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
You know what's really crazy about this little demon sequence? This has played out almost exactly the same as an actual nightmare I had several months ago, but with the opposite outcome. (I beat all my monsters to death.)

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.
The reason why he has the wispy ghost bottom is that his soul legs are still in his real legs.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Aristobulus posted:

He was the only bender, being an Earthbender.

I wonder if LB watches Futurama.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Factory Factory posted:

The reason why he has the wispy ghost bottom is that his soul legs are still in his real legs.

:aaa: That makes some serious fuckin' sense!

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Factory Factory posted:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Of course ghosts don't have any legs, haven't any of you played Pacman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Schwarzwald posted:

Of course ghosts don't have any legs, haven't any of you played Pacman?

The ghosts were part of the troll army that attacked his adoptive people. Pacman ate their legs; only their upper bodies became the ghosts.