Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Yeah, you can see both the board and the mannequin are taped down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr FLSH
Feb 10, 2006

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

obso posted:

They were probably imported by MotoRex and the feds just hadn't located them until they went up for auction.

If Bill Gates wasn't into 959's and liked RHD SKYRINE maybe him and his friends could lobby to have them made legal in whatever that state is.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

obso posted:

They were probably imported by MotoRex and the feds just hadn't located them until they went up for auction.

I was referring to the Familia GTRs and how they would have been any different regulation-wise than the GTX, not the two Skylines. Sorry for the confusion.

Squeeze
Jul 23, 2012

Anyone got more pics of that lambo?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Squeeze posted:

Anyone got more pics of that lambo?

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
God those projectors are horrible looking. I'm surprised considering the car appears to be a Diablo GTR clone instead of an original, you'd think that they would use a projector kit that doesn't make the front of the car look like that.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

My heart just stopped.

That is a beautiful thing.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
I saw a GT-R in the middle of nowhere central Tennessee today. I figured for sure it was a body kit of some kind when I saw it coming towards me, but nope. Really unexpected seeing as the MEDIAN per-capita income around here is $19,144.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

I was driving behind a loving Tesla Model S today. White, no plates/window sticker. I-95 just outside of Philadelphia.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
While we're posting what se saw on the road, I saw a Fisker Karma yesterday. In Belgium. Pretty weird, but unfortunately I was riding my bike and wasn't able to take a picture :(

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
This is ridiculous as gently caress and I love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3G_MdW-kt0

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/09/26/bentley-unveils-continental-gt3-racer/

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

:eyepop:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

I dunno it looks wierd, but I said that about the MP4-12c which looks awesome irl.

Also have you got any more shots/details about that GT86?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

a big fwiggen terd posted:

I dunno it looks wierd, but I said that about the MP4-12c which looks awesome irl.

Also have you got any more shots/details about that GT86?

I think it looks organic and pushes the envelope a little bit. I really really love that back end.

Nah man, I'm not even sure if it's Bee Rs? Rocket Bunny keep putting a similar one on facebook.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

For reference, this thing is the size of a 911 GT3. It is going to be faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssst.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

This is the most beautiful thing I have seen all week.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES

2ndclasscitizen posted:

For reference, this thing is the size of a 911 GT3. It is going to be faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssst.

And I love the fact that they pretty much said gently caress the Veyron it can have the top speed crown cause it doesn't mean anything. I can't wait to see what this thing will be able to do on a track.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I spent a huge amount of time going through the Shorpy Kodachrome archives last night, thought I'd share a few of my favorites from the cars & trucks section. Click for huge.

Old cars were loving hard :saddowns:

The Ford Motor Company, circa 1912 or so.

Ye Olde Autozone

This one was listed as the parts department of a dealership.

Too poor to purchase your own car? Safety and traffic laws non-existant? Just build your own deathtrap car out of poo poo you found in your dads shed!

Better than a Smart car!

Why did such a plainly awesome sport like Auto-Polo die out?

Oh right.

netwerk23
Aug 22, 2000
I spelled 'network' wrong.

beedeebee posted:

While we're posting what se saw on the road, I saw a Fisker Karma yesterday. In Belgium. Pretty weird, but unfortunately I was riding my bike and wasn't able to take a picture :(

Speaking of which, I saw one cruising the strip of beachfront Clearwater FL a few weeks back and was impressed. Sexy thing.

Later driving home from another beach on a different week I saw it for sale:

http://www.gulfcoastautoonline.com/vehicle/4021550/2012-fisker-karma-ecosport-sarasota-florida-34233

Still sexy but I wonder how this dealership ended up with it. They're not a marquee brand dealership, just a lot along car-dealer row.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2012/09/25/ktm-300-exc-all-wheel-drive-conversion/

I wish I could build a AWD motorcycle prototype with my dad.

quote:

The new Hossack style double A-arm front suspension brings anti dive and anti rise capabilities by itself, but with the addition of a front sprocket, a single universal joint and two chains, they’re now powering the front wheel with a surprisingly simple system. It adds just 28 pounds, however, their aim is a production unit with a target weight of just 13 pounds. That’s a minor weight penalty for a potentially major traction advantage.

quote:

It is easier for an average rider to control on steep bumpy slopes, to surmount rocks and logs, and to maneuver in sand, mud, and snow. As both wheels are pulling to surmount obstacles, the Lawson design motorcycle does not require speed and aggressive spinning of the rear wheel. As a result it is much greener, doing less damage to the terrain, and it can be much more easily walked through narrow backcountry trails such as those used by firefighters or rescue personnel.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Eric Cantonese fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Sep 27, 2012

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

I expect some BLARGH WRONG THREAD IDIOT reactions from this.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Caught this on the way home. What is it? (besides awesome)

My passenger took the pictures...:tinfoil: :canada:

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

Sockington posted:

Caught this on the way home. What is it? (besides awesome)

My passenger took the pictures...:tinfoil: :canada:

A Ranchero?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Moxie Omen posted:

I'm a total Corvette fanboy but I'm still gonna say blargh.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

Moxie Omen posted:

A Ranchero?

Yep, looks like a Ranchero to me.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Yeah, that's a 67 Fairlane Ranchero.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Thanks. I'm not familiar with the older non-Japanese stuff and he had removed the visible badges.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

davebo posted:

I'm a total Corvette fanboy but I'm still gonna say blargh.

It's kind of cool in a Ronal Turbos or E34 M5 Turbines on an E30 kind of way.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Moxie Omen posted:

I don't really mind the style, it's the red/gold thing that looks weird to me.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Terrible Robot posted:

Too poor to purchase your own car? Safety and traffic laws non-existant? Just build your own deathtrap car out of poo poo you found in your dads shed!

Power by Maytag

joat mon fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Sep 27, 2012

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Moxie Omen posted:

It's kind of cool in a Ronal Turbos or E34 M5 Turbines on an E30 kind of way.

Wheels are too big. Get them in 15 or so and it'd look much better. E30s just look wierd when you start putting bigger wheels on them.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Moxie Omen posted:

That looks perfect and I would not change a thing. The red and gold go perfectly, the wheels are a nice size, and the suspension doesn't look retarded. Good job.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

Paul Boz_ posted:

That looks perfect and I would not change a thing. The red and gold go perfectly, the wheels are a nice size, and the suspension doesn't look retarded. Good job.

I kind of like it too. Up until now, I didn't think that style Corvette wheel looked good on anything. Of course, I'm kind of gay for 80s cars with gold wheels so that may be clouding my judgement.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Paul Boz_ posted:

Agreed.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Paul Boz_ posted:

I think those wheels are going to rub the gently caress out of the inside of those fenders though, both turning in the front and compression in the rear. Oh well.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Lightbulb Out posted:

I think those wheels are going to rub the gently caress out of the inside of those fenders though, both turning in the front and compression in the rear. Oh well.

Maybe slightly in the rear on compression but I think I've got less wheel gap than that in the front and I've never rubbed once. My z32 was even lower and never rubbed either. The front looks perfectly fine.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Paul Boz_ posted:

Maybe slightly in the rear on compression but I think I've got less wheel gap than that in the front and I've never rubbed once. My z32 was even lower and never rubbed either. The front looks perfectly fine.

Yeah, with the smaller tires it's not so bad, I suppose. I just had issues with my E30 running 16x8s, but I ran a much wider tire. When I went to a smaller sidewall, it helped, but I still had to roll my rear fenders, and it rubbed at full lock in the front. I guess it just defeats the purpose of having bigger wheels in the first place for me.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

I don't know how we feel about Jay Leno around here, but this video brought tears to my eyes. Thank goodness there are rich bastards like him in the world willing to spend retarded money to be able to beat on incredible cars on public roads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIxlql0Ebnc

I know it's a replica, but a $250k replica is still about 5x as expensive as I could justify for a weekend fun car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

sofullofhate posted:

I don't know how we feel about Jay Leno around here, but this video brought tears to my eyes. Thank goodness there are rich bastards like him in the world willing to spend retarded money to be able to beat on incredible cars on public roads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIxlql0Ebnc

I know it's a replica, but a $250k replica is still about 5x as expensive as I could justify for a weekend fun car.

Oh that sound. Jay is the man and so are his cars. I got wood when he turned that thing on.