Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

It was an interesting idea.

A different branded show that actually looked different as opposed to different set design and rope colors.

And Bischoff sounded high as gently caress on commentary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

You should really track down the musical performances from that Souled Out because they are amazing

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Was that the Megadeth one? Or a different one?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

It was an interesting idea.

A different branded show that actually looked different as opposed to different set design and rope colors.

It's so surreal because it doesn't make nWo look good, it makes them just seem filthy and not in an edgy way. The 'Miss NWO' contestants look like the worst strippers in the worst strip club in your town and the nWo literally arrives to the arena on garbage trucks. And the nWo band makes the DX Band look like the loving White Stripes. Maybe it looked good on paper but I have no idea what it was trying to accomplish.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

flashy_mcflash posted:

Maybe it looked good on paper but I have no idea what it was trying to accomplish.

If WCW had a tombstone, this would be engraved on it.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
The other problem with Souled Out was that it was nothing but screwjobs and Dusty finishes in favor of the NWO all night. That's expected to an extent, but the fun of a PPV like that should come with at least a few of the faces getting one over on the bad guys. I looked at the card, and there were only three non-NWO victories: Jeff Jarrett beat Wallstreet (who gives a gently caress?), Steiner Brothers winning the tag titles over Hall and Nash (meaningless because they were stripped of the titles on Nitro) and Eddie Guerrero beating Syxx in a ladder match.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

AKMoose posted:

The other problem with Souled Out was that it was nothing but screwjobs and Dusty finishes in favor of the NWO all night. That's expected to an extent, but the fun of a PPV like that should come with at least a few of the faces getting one over on the bad guys. I looked at the card, and there were only three non-NWO victories: Jeff Jarrett beat Wallstreet (who gives a gently caress?), Steiner Brothers winning the tag titles over Hall and Nash (meaningless because they were stripped of the titles on Nitro) and Eddie Guerrero beating Syxx in a ladder match.

In some ways WCW and WWF have had opposite problems in booking. WCW kept having the bad guys win so often that the faces could never really build up credibility- WWF/E didn't and still doesn't let the heels win often enough for them to be credible threats to the babyfaces.

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012
My favourite match on Souled Out is the MEXICAN DEATHMATCH with a heel referee who can't work out how the slow/fast ten counts are supposed to go. If I remember correctly that match also involves someone getting run over with a motorcycle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va_mo78eEZ8

e: oh yeah and the announcer calling Eddie Guerrero a "mexican jumping bean" and Eddie stopping mid step on the way to the ring.

TimberJoe fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Sep 23, 2012

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The 7/31/95 Observer is up and boy was it a good week to watch wrestling on TV!

quote:

The 7/22 Saturday Night show had perhaps the all-time most poorly-acted and dumbest skit in history. Hulk Hogan visited the Dungeon of Doom. Anyway, they're on the set and Hogan is beamed into the Dungeon by a saying, "Where is this? Where am I?" obviously showing he has the good sense not to waste his time watching his own television show. He and Kevin Sullivan then got in an argument when the really tall guy, who I believe was called The New Warrior (Paul Wight), came through the wall, dressed up like Andre with a new afro and an Andre ring outfit and gave Hogan the legendary Zeus choke and Hogan went right out. To make matters worse, for the rest of the show the announcers never acknowledged what happened, probably due to personal embarrassment, but you were left with the idea Hogan was dead. After that segment, the horrible tag title change where Dick Slater & Bunkhouse Buck beat Harlem Heat for the straps looked like an All Japan main event. Anyway, they've got Dungeon of Doom segments booked on the Saturday show at least through October, which should make the Saturday show a shoo-in for several Emmy Awards by the end of the year. They continually referred to the crowd at Huntington Beach as in excess of 100,000.

Nitro news from Dave

quote:

The first Monday night show on 9/4 has at least tentatively been moved to Mall of America in Minneapolis with a Hulk Hogan singles match main event. There is a lot of sentiment to putting on one classic match for 20:00 every week involving guys like Sabu, Eddy Guerrero, Chris Benoit, Al Snow, Brian Pillman, etc., particularly on the heels of the Bret Hart-Hakushi match on Raw. As of last word, Snow was undecided between coming to WWF or WCW. Second-hand reports were that WCW put more money down on paper, but WWF is a much better place to go for a newcomer to be given a chance to get over, and also the WWF does a tons better job of actually making a guy feel wanted. Guerrero is almost definitely coming in, talk of potential feuds with either Pillman or Alex Wright, and WCW officials think Benoit is a good shot as well. No word at all regarding Sabu other than interest has been expressed.

quote:

Current idea now is to tape television every Monday night starting in the fall with one hour going live, and the first two hours of the show being taped for the Saturday Night show of the next weekend.

deja vu

quote:

Any thought of trying to make Tank Abbott a wrestler has already fallen through after people actually thought out what they were thinking. Terry Taylor on the Hotline was negative about the idea and then said WCW had four or five guys who could stretch him. Like who?

quote:

Expect Eric Bischoff's best friend, Sonny Ono (who did the heel Japanese ref gimmick in the legendary Duggan-Meng match) to become a manager of several of the foreign wrestlers like Meng and Kurasawa doing the outdated stereotype role.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
Well Thank God WCW learned their lesson in regards to trying to make Tank Abbott a wrestler.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Funny, how WWF used to be the best place for a new guy to get over.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

triplexpac posted:

Funny, how WWF used to be the best place for a new guy to get over.
Well, they just said it's much better than WCW. That doesn't mean it's good.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Endless Mike posted:

Well, they just said it's much better than WCW. That doesn't mean it's good.

The WWF just tried to make a new star at King of the Ring 95, in fact they tried to make the biggest star in the history of wrestling at that PPV.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

quote:

The 7/22 Saturday Night show had perhaps the all-time most poorly-acted and dumbest skit in history. Hulk Hogan visited the Dungeon of Doom. Anyway, they're on the set and Hogan is beamed into the Dungeon by a saying, "Where is this? Where am I?" obviously showing he has the good sense not to waste his time watching his own television show. He and Kevin Sullivan then got in an argument when the really tall guy, who I believe was called The New Warrior (Paul Wight), came through the wall, dressed up like Andre with a new afro and an Andre ring outfit and gave Hogan the legendary Zeus choke and Hogan went right out. To make matters worse, for the rest of the show the announcers never acknowledged what happened, probably due to personal embarrassment, but you were left with the idea Hogan was dead. After that segment, the horrible tag title change where Dick Slater & Bunkhouse Buck beat Harlem Heat for the straps looked like an All Japan main event. Anyway, they've got Dungeon of Doom segments booked on the Saturday show at least through October, which should make the Saturday show a shoo-in for several Emmy Awards by the end of the year. They continually referred to the crowd at Huntington Beach as in excess of 100,000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruLQDpdQi4A

I believe this is the segment. Is it wrong that I wish there was still a wrestling show on TV like this?

Crooow!
Dec 7, 2005

Abortions for some, tiny American flags for others!

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I believe this is the segment. Is it wrong that I wish there was still a wrestling show on TV like this?

Aah! it's not hot! :lol: That was the cheesiest goddamn segment I've ever seen.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Regardless of how much it's been discussed/quoted, I will never be able to wrap my head around why they went with "Ahh! It's not hot!" Was it written to be a calm observation such as "Hm...it's not hot.." and Hogan just delivered it wrong? Was it a totally improvised line from Hogan that they kept in? Obviously the entirety of the segment is absurdly horrible, but that inconsequential line is just so baffling.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Cromulent posted:

Regardless of how much it's been discussed/quoted, I will never be able to wrap my head around why they went with "Ahh! It's not hot!" Was it written to be a calm observation such as "Hm...it's not hot.." and Hogan just delivered it wrong? Was it a totally improvised line from Hogan that they kept in? Obviously the entirety of the segment is absurdly horrible, but that inconsequential line is just so baffling.

Hogan probably botched the line and they just kept rolling.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If Hulk Hogan were locked in a mystical cavern and choked by monsters I would watch every week.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

MassRayPer posted:

If Hulk Hogan were locked in a mystical cavern and choked by monsters I would watch every week.

Isn't that kind of what TNA is?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Deadpool posted:

Isn't that kind of what TNA is?

That sounds like a made up thing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hulk Hogan vs. Dungeon of Doom produced endlessly amazing segments:

http://youtu.be/LhwHPiOKQyI

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
WWE needs to reproduce this angle exactly, with Cena in the Hogan role

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
It'd be a hell of a sociological experiment, just to see how much more the people who already hate Cena could go.

IF CENA WINS WE GENOCIDE

bartok
May 10, 2006

triplexpac posted:

WWE needs to reproduce this angle exactly, with Cena in the Hogan role

Would that make CM Punk the Kevin Sullivan and Paul Heyman that old guy that just sits there?

Yo Eleven
Aug 5, 2010
We could just go full circle and have Hogan be the old guy that just sits there.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

MassRayPer posted:

The WWF just tried to make a new star at King of the Ring 95, in fact they tried to make the biggest star in the history of wrestling at that PPV.

Do you think that Austin won the 95 KotR or that they were trying to make Mabel the biggest star ever?

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

MassRayPer posted:

we were like halfway there with this week's episode of Impact

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Karmine posted:

Do you think that Austin won the 95 KotR or that they were trying to make Mabel the biggest star ever?

It MIGHT be that he's making a joke. On a comedy forum.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Karmine posted:

Mabel was pretty drat huge.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Flameingblack posted:

Mabel was pretty drat huge.

And hell, he was as dense as the average star.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
I had also considered that possibility, but I thought "lol he fat" wasn't really MRP's style.

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

who the fuck is this guy anyway, i can't even see his face

Lipstick Apathy
liking Big Daddy #5 is A Thing that some people do as A Joke

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Yo Eleven posted:

We could just go full circle and have Hogan be the old guy that just sits there.
I want you to know I completely lost it thinking about Hogan re-enacting the Dungeon of Doom and talking about how Hulkamania will destroy the Cenation once and for all. I now genuinely think this would be an amazing angle. Hogan finally playing the one remaining character people would truly believe: the evil bitter old man trying to destroy younger talent.

Zoltarb
Oct 27, 2007

Save Russian Jews posted:

liking Big Daddy #5 is A Thing that some people do as A Joke

His wheel kick is a thing of beauty and I will not hear otherwise :colbert:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Zoltarb posted:

His wheel kick is a thing of beauty and I will not hear otherwise :colbert:

OK, credit where credit's due, that match with Big Show was surprisingly decent.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I forgot to do this last week so here's those Observer quotes first:

From the August 7th 1995 Observer Newsletter:

quote:

It's virtually a lock that the first TNT show will air live on 9/4 from the Mall of America in Minneapolis. The current word is that they'll be doing three hours of taping every Monday night with the third hour airing live on TNT and the first two hours then airing the following Saturday as the WCW Saturday Night show. The 9/11 taping will be in Miami at the Knight Center.

I wonder what they'll call this team...

quote:

There is some talk that Marcus Bagwell and USWA prelim wrestler Scott Studd (Scott Anton, a Tom Zenk lookalike) will be put together as a Fabulous Ones type tag team. They may also put the State Patrol back together (Dale Veasy & Dwayne Bruce) as a pushed jobber team similar to the role the Heavenly Bodies had in WWF.

quote:

Based on post-Clash tapings, it appears they are going to do an angle at the Clash where Sherri takes a bump on her head and develops amnesia, and wakes up in love with Rob Parker. But at this point Parker wants nothing to do with her. However, Parker somehow has lost the ring Elvis gave him and apparently Sherri has it. And if you thought that was silly, wait until you hear the one about Big Bubba Rogers having returned but he keeps itching himself because he's allergic to Dave Sullivan's rabbit Ralph.
[quote]

From the tapings

[quote]
Bubba then wrestled Jim Duggan and Bubba got the pin with his feet on the ropes. Dave Sullivan did a run-in to tell the ref and Dave and Bubba locked up, which led to Bubba starting to scratch himself all over again. Duggan then jumped out to ringside and grabbed some black tape and wrapped his fist up, jumped in the ring and KO'd Bubba (they are going to do taped fist matches between Duggan and Bubba). In the dark matches, Nasty Boys over Blue Bloods and Sting over Meng via DQ. Chris Cruise is taking Gordon Solie's spot on the Pro show and did the interviews. Randy Savage said at the Clash that he and Sting would be watching Hogan's back against the Dungeon of Doom and Savage said he would be at ringside doing color commentary during the Hogan vs. Kimala match on the 8/6 Clash. Duggan did an interview claiming that his great grandmother was taped fist champ of County Cork to set up his new gimmick in taped fist matches.

quote:

Apparently during his last broadcast, Gordon Solie, during a horrible Dave Sullivan squash, simply said, "And they wonder why I'm leaving."

quote:

Hulk Hogan during a horrible interview over the weekend tried to strongly hint that Paul Wight was Andre the Giant's son, talking about how he remembered him at the Silverdome watching the match. There has been a lot of talk of billing him as Andre the Giant Jr.

quote:

Jim Hellwig had a three-hour meeting with WCW in Huntington Beach and Hellwig has told people the only hold-up is money, but WCW officials have indicated a deal is unlikely, partially because of problems merchandising a Vince McMahon created character (unlike Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage who were both big wrestling stars with their same gimmicks before they ever went to WWF).

quote:

The latest idea, subject to change, is that the Monday Night show will have Eric Bischoff & Bobby Heenan and possibly a third person doing the announcing which may be Steve McMichael, the former NFL football player who the WWF was considering using at recently as a few days ago. McMichael signed with WCW on 7/31 and will start out as an announcer, but will be going to the WCW school and the idea is that he'll wind up being a wrestler. He was to be introduced to the wrestlers at the Disney tapings. If you recall, McMichael shows a lot of fire as he did great in his angle earlier this year on Raw with Kama, but almost has to be a heel because he's got real cocky mannerisms.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

quote:

Apparently during his last broadcast, Gordon Solie, during a horrible Dave Sullivan squash, simply said, "And they wonder why I'm leaving."

And this is why I loving love Gordon Solie. He just did not give a solitary gently caress.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
From the August 14th 1995 Edition:

On Clash of the Champions, a show where Hulk Hogan's match was put on Main Event before the show because his contract called for a huge pay day for any Clash appearance.

quote:

There isn't really much to see new about it. This is the direction WCW has been going and will continue to go. Two good matches out of eight and angles that people are convincing themselves are aimed at children but actually have no interest among children is not my idea of an entertaining three hours.

quote:

B. Nasty Boys (Brian Yandrisovitz & Jerry Seganowich) beat Los Especialistas (Aldo "Ricky Santana" Ortiz & David "Fidel Sierra" Cannell) in 2:46. They gave the Especialistas, billed from Mexico City wearing Oro masks, offense for the first 2:00. Sags then made the hot tag and the finish saw Knobs and Sags simultaneously elbow drop and pin Santana and Sierra respectively. The Nastys then went for and unmasked the two, and when the masks came off revealing who everyone knew they were, announcer Eric Bischoff said that they were fakes, that they were "The Barrio Brothers," and called them Latin homies and went on about how great it was that the Nasty Boys uncovered the fraud of them pretending to be from Mexico. *

quote:

3. Renegade (Rick Williams) pinned Paul Orndorff to retain the TV title in 3:59. Orndorff took control of the entire match not leaving Renegade even one chance to blow a spot. Renegade then won with a crossbody from the apron into the ring. DUD

quote:

4. Harlem Heat (Steve & Booker Ray) & Sister Sherri (Sherri Russell) beat Dick Slater & Bunkhouse Buck (Jimmy Golden) & Col. Rob Parker (Robert Welch) in 11:01. With the win, Heat earns a shot at the tag title held by Slater & Buck at the 9/17 War Games PPV show in Asheville, NC. Neither Sherri nor Parker tagged in until the 9:20 mark. Sherri got a near fall on Parker with a crossbody off the top which Parker sloppily sold. Sherri went for a splash off the top, missed and did a gimmick where she was knocked out. Parker wouldn't attack her while she was down. When she finally recovered, she suffered amnesia and was in love with Parker and started madly kissing him and he fell backwards and was pinned. After the match she chased him down the aisle and started ripping his shirt off. Terrible match. Funny angle. -*

quote:

Hogan did an interview at this point talking about how the Irish people like the O'Reilly's and the Hogan's and the McMahon's were all shaking in their boots or something because of the power of Hulkamania. I'm sure there have been moments when they were, but I hardly think at this point on this show it was one of them. Then Randy Savage did an interview with Tomas Diaz (not Villano IV), a poster child for March of Dimes with WCW vowing to give $1 out of every PPV order next time to March of Dimes. I hope they don't raise the price $3 to make up for that, although that could end up being $200,000. It was clear the kid wasn't a wrestling fan and was being exploited to get the company and Savage over, which is hardly unique in wrestling, but gets more disgusting each time it's done.

Hogan then entered the Dungeon of Doom in what appeared to be a taped segment. The Giant (Paul Wight) ripped off his cross, which was exactly what Andre the Giant did in 1987 and started choking him while Shark, Zodiac and Sullivan all attacked Hogan. Vader, Sting and Savage showed up with Vader cleaning house on the heels with forearms except The Giant wasn't even phased by his forearms. The faces dragged Hogan out and pulled Vader away as he did a stare-down with The Giant, who they are saying is the son of Andre. Having seen Wight in person, he is a huge man who appears to be closer to Andre's height (6-10) than being a true 7-footer like Ron Reis or Jorge Gonzalez. They've done his hair and dressed him to look like Andre.
[quote]

[quote]
During the show they continually teased that an Emmy Award winning sportscaster would be one of the announcers on WCW Monday Nitro pushing its 9/4 debut date at the Mall of America. Apparently Steve McMichael won a small market award for doing something. The ever up-to-date Bobby Heenan asked if it was John Madden (who is at least still around), Bob Costas, Howard Cosell or Don Merideth. He also talked about the new show saying the first episode has so much interest it's going to be like the "Who shot J.R?" episode of the final episode of "M.A.S.H." The least he could have said was the final episode of "Cheers" but at least he's into the early 80s.

Other dates for the TNT show already announced are 9/11 at the Knight Center in Miami; 9/18 in Knoxville at the home of SMW and 9/25 in Florence, AL.

Nitro running in a building Smokey Mountain runs may seem minor league, but SMW was peaking with crowds of 5,000 at this point, so it is not a small building.

On Kollision in Korea:

quote:

Whenever a show with a different style or something new is being produced, the most important thing is to have announcers who understand what it is they are trying to do, can impart strategy, and add to the storyline. After the embarrassing job Eric Bischoff did in announcing a Japanese match a few years back on the final Japan Super Show PPV, I'd figure he'd be improved. And I guess he was, to the point he went from the level below Ed Whalen at his worst to the level of slightly better than Gordon Solie at his least coherent. He didn't screw up any names. Aside from that had nothing to say of consequence for two hours other than occasionally come off as the babyface playing off his heel buddy. He whined about the Steiners, knew no holds, understood no strategy and told no stories with any of the matches other than letting us know he was friends with Scott Norton when he was in high school and was so oblivious as to what actually goes on within his industry that he didn't know Kensuke Sasaki and Akira Hokuto were engaged (which was the talk not only of wrestling in Japan, but of the WCW office the week it happened) until Mike Tenay told him during the taping. Bischoff's interpreter and good friend, a former kick boxer of Japanese ancestry from Minnesota, Sonny Ono (remember him from the Jim Duggan vs. Meng martial arts fiasco a few months back under his real name), playing the role of racist Japanese Kazuo Ishikawa, lacked charisma and had no knowledge of the subject at hand except when the guys threw kicks. The only thing either of the two could do was during the 5% of any match where guys actually did kicks, because both have strong martial arts backgrounds (they'll probably do a decent job on the K-1 show except even then I'm leery because I have a feeling Bischoff will use the tape to try and downgrade UFC because of how pathetic Kimo looks in a gloved fight), they could correctly call the kicks by their martial arts names.

quote:

During the Steiners vs. Hiroshi Hase & Kensuke Sasaki match, Bischoff spent the match trying to explain why the Steiners, who he claimed wanted to be with the big boys in WCW, weren't good enough because they had ability but they were the kind of athletes that never quite reached their potential. Like earning $12,000 a week in this business constitutes never reaching ones potential. All this downgrading was going on while they were just destroying Hase with killer suplexes before everyone's eyes and the moves were rarely being called and never by any name.
[quote]

[quote]
Flair did an awesome job of making Inoki look like something special, although I couldn't believe Bischoff, after everything else he said during the show, would say that Flair's foe that he'd eventually lose to was a "53-year-old" man (Inoki is actually 52, so he was close) because that sure makes Flair, one of his stars, look great.

Tapings stuff:

quote:

Some highlights of the Disney tapings which took place 8/1 to 8/5 in Orlando (Hurricane Erin stopped the morning tapings on 8/2 but they made up for them later in the week): Disco Inferno (Glen Gilburnetti) was set up in a feud with Alex Wright over, believe it or not, who is the better dancer. Wright has a new music video where he does lip synching. They may build up to a dancing contest between the two on a PPV. The "Yes, No, No, yes" response that Kevin Sullivan gave in his Clash interview with Gene Okerlund will also be Zodiac's gimmick. Chad Brock, who looked horrible, got a big push at the tapings. Marcus Bagwell & Scott Studd were put together as a tag team called American Males. It's a combination cowboy stripper gimmick that some in the office are saying is working so well they already know they're going to have to turn them heel.
[quote]

[quote]
Morale was really bad among the wrestlers because the tapings started at 10 a.m., and nobody found out their matches until 9:45 a.m.

quote:

Mike Rotunda is coming in. Don't ask me why. The original idea was to hold a press conference to announce the new Monday Nitro show, and bring him in at the press conference and without saying so, pretending it's an interpromotional match.

The first main event on the Nitro show will be Hogan vs. Orndorff.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Mike Rotunda is coming in. Don't ask me why. The original idea was to hold a press conference to announce the new Monday Nitro show, and bring him in at the press conference and without saying so, pretending it's an interpromotional match.

The first main event on the Nitro show will be Hogan vs. Orndorff.

Speaking of, do you think Dave will know about Luger before it happens?

I like that Eric's got the interpromotional idea going already, he just needs the right talent...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr_Zombie
Mar 27, 2011

Astro7x posted:

Then when the ref is in the ring the door is just wide open. Then I start laughing when Savage runs down and starts climbing over the cage to get in, right next to the wide open door.

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

These two things had me laughing like an idiot.

Why does Hogan act like an Alzhiemer's patient at the start of that bit?