Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skog
Aug 20, 2009
So people who have played the final product, is it as bad as the demo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

skog posted:

goons on the last page of the loving thread posted:

UnL337 posted:

All in all, I'm very impressed, and can't wait to play more. I definitely enjoy this more than 5 thus far.

chopbustabrown posted:

Pretty happy with the game so far- just finished chapter 3 of Leon's campaign, playing as the Helena. So happy that I have a public holiday tomorrow and don't have to work aha. Enjoying the environment a lot more than RE5- something about zombies in a city just gets me.

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

God, no. Actually, here's my thoughts: If RE1/2 is Evil Dead, and RE4/5 is Evil Dead 2, RE6 is Army of Darkness, and that is absolutely a compliment.

Dr Eggman posted:

Wanted to stop by and say the demo is injustice. The game is so much better.

fauxical posted:

The controls feel so much better. Based on the demo though the visuals look really rough but the gameplay is everything RE5 should have been. Looks like there is a chance that this will turn out decent after all.

You tell me.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

skog posted:

I've not played the final product but:

Dr Eggman posted:

Wanted to stop by and say the demo is injustice. The game is so much better.

is the sort of thing that keeps popping up.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

What's the latest scoop on the PC version of RE6? I assumed it was coming out this week, but I go on steam and it says 2013.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Wanderer posted:

You tell me.

Only one of those compares the demo to the full game. The last comment isn't even about the full game

skog
Aug 20, 2009

You tell me.
[/quote]

Wow, check your attitude girlfriend, just a question

skog fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Oct 1, 2012

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Hakkesshu posted:

What's the latest scoop on the PC version of RE6? I assumed it was coming out this week, but I go on steam and it says 2013.

I recall that they said it was coming at an undetermined amount of time after the console versions, but I'm not certain if it has a solid release date yet.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

whaley posted:

Only one of those compares the demo to the full game. The last comment isn't even about the full game

Four out of five of them are by people who're playing early retail copies. The fifth isn't, admittedly.

I don't see how "maybe you should've read the last page of the thread" is a controversial statement, particularly around here.

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER
He was asking specifically how it played compared to the demo, not if the game was good or not. Like one or two people compared the game and demo but without going into much detail.

Wooph
Oct 28, 2010

by angerbot
I'd say the demo is a pretty good indicator of how the final game will play. The unstable framerate and sluggish movement still bother me. The changes and additions to gameplay, like counter-attacks and quick shots make up for it I think. Mercenaries is hella fun. I'm very much looking forward to the PC release.

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"
Embargo is up. What a poo poo show...

http://www.vg247.com/2012/10/01/resident-evil-6-reviews-infect-the-internet-get-the-scores-here/#.UGmxUdnWZEY.twitter

Dr Eggman
Sep 9, 2012

Seriously, what the gently caress. Games journalism lololol.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I'm not seeing how this is typical games journalism. If anything, it's odd that it's getting so many low scores. Some people liked it, some people didn't, it's exactly like this thread.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Averages at 7/10 but whatever, got the impression it would be devisive.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
No surprise to see Destructoid with the lowest score on that list.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Momomo posted:

I'm not seeing how this is typical games journalism. If anything, it's odd that it's getting so many low scores. Some people liked it, some people didn't, it's exactly like this thread.

Yeah, if anything it's quite the opposite of typical games journalism with such a high profile title getting so many low scores. Almost seems like Capcom forgot to send gift baskets to half that list.

minus world
Sep 23, 2009

"good poster"
So the game sucks. I don't think that this is taking anyone by surprise. Good riddance and hopefully they try to innovate with the next game like with RE4 instead of this 3rd person shooter poo poo.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dr Eggman posted:

Seriously, what the gently caress. Games journalism lololol.

I'm not really seeing how this is "games journalism." There is a large variety of scores and opinions. Is that a bad thing?

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
Brad Shoemaker from Giant Bomb thinks people who like the game are out of their minds. :v: http://twitter.com/bradshoemaker/status/252788781416067073

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Hahaha. I love the variety of opinions on this. Frankly, I loved the demo, and can't wait to pick my copy up tomorrow. The only thing that bums me out is no weapon upgrade system.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Anyone know if this got a bump in performance since the demo on PS3?
The Xbox demo ran way better, but it'd be neat to use those new PlayStation Pulse headphones on this game.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Guess I can save my money, wait for it to be £5 on steam and just read the plot on wikipedia!

thetrin
May 4, 2009

I pull down the curtain, wantin to do me some dirtin aint nuthin better then jerkin my gerkin so I start with some flirtin

But my magic find aint working so I can't do no spurtin its got Wirt's feelins all hurtin, and his wooden leg stops all perking
I'm interested to see if consumer opinions end up lining up with review opinions. I actually enjoyed the demo, but maybe I just really wanted to like it, because I love RE.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

fauxical posted:

So the game sucks. I don't think that this is taking anyone by surprise. Good riddance and hopefully they try to innovate with the next game like with RE4 instead of this 3rd person shooter poo poo.

But... RE4 practically invented the modern day 3rd person shooter???

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Poppycock. My theory is that these reviewers all secretly love the game and want everyone to play it, so their scores are designed to drive the price down to $30 by Christmas, and if Capcom gets burned in the process, well it serves those fuckers right for canceling Megaman Legends 3.

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

The "reviewers" who give CoD, 10/10! Revolutionary! GOTY every year say RE6 is bad? It must be doing something right then. Sounds like a great game. Definite buy. Aren't these the same clowns who said RE5 was great and Dragon Age 2 was enjoyable?

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
No mention of games journalism is complete without mentioning Obsidian and the establishment's dogged refusal to understand that it is not, in fact, the developer's responsibility to perform QA.

minus world
Sep 23, 2009

"good poster"

Leyburn posted:

But... RE4 practically invented the modern day 3rd person shooter???

And now there are better franchises that do it.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Jesus, ORC has the best voice actors ever for its villains.

"I see...everything. :getin:"

Who voices HUNK, anyway? He's annoyingly familiar but I cannot for the life of me place him.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

fauxical posted:

And now there are better franchises that do it.

I'm not disputing that, clearly RE6 has some problems, I just don't understand the hostility that the game receives for simply being a third person shooter, when it's part of a series that defined the genre.

I'll find out for myself just how bad or good it is tomorrow.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

Anyone know if this got a bump in performance since the demo on PS3?
The Xbox demo ran way better, but it'd be neat to use those new PlayStation Pulse headphones on this game.

A couple of reviewers said the PS3 version looks slightly better (especially textures and shadows).
Wow at the backlash. It's getting glowing reviews here in Europe, but the American press is slaughtering it.

Vastakaiun
Apr 16, 2008

rizuhbull posted:

The "reviewers" who give CoD, 10/10! Revolutionary! GOTY every year say RE6 is bad? It must be doing something right then. Sounds like a great game. Definite buy. Aren't these the same clowns who said RE5 was great and Dragon Age 2 was enjoyable?

You're really grasping at straws here seeing how most of those reviewers giving RE6 the worst scores haven't even reviewed CoD.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

rizuhbull posted:

Good reviews mean that the game is good, bad reviews mean that the reviewers are wrong. I love this system, you'll never have to play a bad game ever.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Question, how did this game get a near-perfect score on famitsu, yet so panned everywhere else?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Maybe they designed each campaign with a different famitsu reviewer in mind.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Question; I'm aware it's a heavy spoiler but I have to know about Ada's campaign.

I keep hearing "oh man wait till you see her campaign it's scary as gently caress and gruesome!!" Thing is, I'm a easily disturbed person and grossed out super easily... is it really that bad?

Dr Eggman
Sep 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I'm not really seeing how this is "games journalism." There is a large variety of scores and opinions. Is that a bad thing?

I never implied it's typical games journalism. The one AAA game they choose to rip on happens to be the one that is pretty good and doesn't deviate from RE5 that much. I never knew QTEs can take off 20 points from Metacritic.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

Question, how did this game get a near-perfect score on famitsu, yet so panned everywhere else?

It's entirely possible that some kind of Japanese-development bias kicked in at Famitsu, since RE6 is one of the only big in-house productions to come out this year.

My review went live this morning and I ended up giving it an 8, but I'm a huge fan of the series, so maybe take it with a grain of salt. There are levels of this game that I absolutely can't stand, the cover system is actively retarded, and Chris's campaign is incredibly lame right up until his fourth chapter or so, but Leon and Ada's campaigns are some of the best levels the series has seen in years.

I didn't really appreciate Leon's game until playing it in co-op, though. Co-op really turns up the difficulty in a serious way, where every bullet is precious.

poptart_fairy posted:

Jesus, ORC has the best voice actors ever for its villains.

"I see...everything. :getin:"

Who voices HUNK, anyway? He's annoyingly familiar but I cannot for the life of me place him.

Keith Silverstein. Looks like he's been around for a while and has been in a lot of things.

Dr Eggman
Sep 9, 2012

No Wanderer, an 8 is pretty spot on. Van Ord and Sterling are just butthurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Game review backlash is one of the funniest things on the internet. The hand wringing here is nowhere near as bad as it is on NeoGAF though. When was the last time a AAA title was this divisive? FFXIII?