Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

UnknownMercenary posted:

This was also just added:

-Can now headshot Banshees, Geth Primes, and Brutes for an extra 40% weapon damage.
-Can now shoot the Atlas’ exhaust port on his back for an extra 40% weapon damage.

Now that's amazing, you can now use skill to kill meat-tanks faster finally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!
Well poo poo, that's just about the best combat change we've had yet. This could make public games much, much more playable. Or not.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Lagomorphic posted:

Kind of sad to see the Reeger/Flamer trick go but it's a fair change and I'll have a reason to try other guns on my Vorcha I guess.
I never bothered with the trick, and a vorcha with a Reegar has still been working pretty well for me as long as there's some cover nearby to retreat to. Just think about how quickly you'll be able to melt shields with the buffs to disrupter ammo.

Silvain
May 19, 2006

I'm kinda awesome.
I've always been headshotting bosses thinking that it does extra damage, so I don't even know what to feel right now.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
- Marksman will instantly reload weapon ammunition when activated :woop:

Also, bonus credits for extraction, yay.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Claymore Turian Soldiers are gonna be the new Piranha Geth Infiltrators

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

KidKrampus posted:

I agree with incinerate and carnage, but I feel like pull could really do with a similar effect as Lash where it can at least maybe stagger shielded enemies (or does it now?). It just feels like it could use a bit of a boost to make it more usable, especially if they keep upping the overall difficulty of the game and introduce super-characters like the Fury and such.

Pull will stagger shielded enemies. Pull's big advantage is it's low cooldown. If they did a singularity style overhaul they'd probably have to up the damage. That said I only take it to 3 or 4 ranks so if they improved the rank 5 and 6 options that would probably be pretty good. If they made the combo damage bonus boost the splash damage that'd make going to 6 at least tempting.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Also given Bioware's track record with such things I'm not going to remove the bugs from the OP until we get first-hand confirmation from players ITT once the patch drops.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

UnknownMercenary posted:

A Krysae buff is planned as well once the patch comes out.

While good, this would have been nice if they hadn't completely ruined it last time they 'balanced' the Krysae, though. I mean at this point half the patches are fixing their fixes. grumble grumble (yeah I got a Krysae right after the patch dropped, shut up)

Elotana posted:

Also given Bioware's track record with such things I'm not going to remove the bugs from the OP until we get first-hand confirmation from players ITT once the patch drops.

Good idea.

also the Pyro change is clearly a finger to FBW farming, but this is pretty much an anti-Glacier Plat farming change:

- Fixed pathing for Banshees so they don't get stuck in a teleport routine

if you line up in the panic room on one particular wall, you can still fire at anything in the doorway but the banshees perma-fail to teleport into the room to get you. Pretty handy.

Psion fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Oct 1, 2012

Midee
Jun 22, 2000

I didn't see it in the list, but they haven't fixed the vanguard desync yet, have they?

Also good to see I'm converting a few over to the Crusader. :madmax:

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Psion posted:

also the Pyro change is clearly a finger to FBW farming, but this is pretty much an anti-Glacier Plat farming change:

if you line up in the panic room on one particular wall, you can still fire at anything in the doorway but the banshees perma-fail to teleport into the room to get you. Pretty handy.

It also makes farming WGP harder, as banshees get stuck trying to go over the counter.

Midee posted:

I didn't see it in the list, but they haven't fixed the vanguard desync yet, have they?

I think that is this:

quote:

- Fixed an issue when using Biotic Charge before death that caused the match to be unplayable afterwards

Of course, knowing Bioware the fix is to disable charge if your health is less than 20%.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
The only bad thing about this is that it totally nerfs decoy.

quote:

quote:

- Melee creatures will now completely ignore pets (drones, decoys, etc.) rather than just having a chance to ignore them

quote:

- Fixed Decoy that was blocking the use of ladders to NPCs and squadmates
and just general shoddy AI pathfinding around the decoy were what made it so amazing. You could lock down a whole group of banshees because they'd try to teleport through it and keep getting stuck.

Otherwise really cool. I'm going to play a ton of vanguard this evening and report back on whether I got desynched.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

You will, because the patch drops Thursday :v:

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

KidKrampus posted:

Well poo poo, that's just about the best combat change we've had yet. This could make public games much, much more playable. Or not.

You have way too much faith, dude. :v:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I am hoping that this means they are fixing all the problems prior to new content dropping. We shall see.

The New Black
Oct 1, 2006

Had it, lost it.

PCjr sidecar posted:

It also makes farming WGP harder, as banshees get stuck trying to go over the counter.

Man, I'd better farm a shitload of WGP over the next couple of days, only 12 unlocks to go.

Still, this might mark the return of Glacier Plat farming, which I always preferred anyway.

Excited about a few other things - Disruptor now murdering shields, Incinerate+Cryo and AP ammo working properly and obviously reduced Krogan stagger and boss headshots. Wonder if my Javelin X will one shot a brute.

Also,

quote:

- Fixed the health bar position of Tactical Scan on Swarmers

What the gently caress?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

PCjr sidecar posted:

Anything that makes White less likely to be the map that always, ALWAYS comes up when I select random map? I'll take it.

I don't really see it in the list but I hope they're making some tweaks to AI routines for Geth, not just "pyros can't be grabbed now." It's obvious the "turn them into a huge bucket of hitpoints who always stagger you" approach has failed to curb farming and it makes them boring and terrible to fight against on any other map. Changing the AI routines and/or adding a new enemy or something is about the only way it's ever going to be "fixed."

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

The New Black posted:

Man, I'd better farm a shitload of WGP over the next couple of days, only 12 unlocks to go.

Still, this might mark the return of Glacier Plat farming, which I always preferred anyway.

Excited about a few other things - Disruptor now murdering shields, Incinerate+Cryo and AP ammo working properly and obviously reduced Krogan stagger and boss headshots. Wonder if my Javelin X will one shot a brute.

Also,

What the gently caress?

Doesn't Tact Scan just pop Swarmers when you use it on them? Clearly an efficient use of their time and energy.

Donald Kimball
Sep 2, 2011

PROUD FATHER OF THIS TURD ------>

I don't understand the huge hate for farming; the random reward system inherently encourages it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Boy, I'd be excited if I thought any of that stuff was actually gonna happen. Well, some of it probably will, but I really don't expect Vanguard desync to be fixed.

So, just for the record, this means:
Bronze: +~1000 credits
Silver: +~3000 credits
Gold: +~7000 credits
Platinum: +~13000 credits

Donald Kimball posted:

I don't understand the huge hate for farming; the random reward system inherently encourages it.

Honestly, the worst part is that their attempts to kill W/G/G have all categorically failed and just made fighting Geth normally a massive pain in the rear end. I don't know if making Pyros ungrabbable will have the same effect, but it sure as hell isn't gonna stop anybody from farming.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Oct 1, 2012

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

PCjr sidecar posted:

I think that is this:

Of course, knowing Bioware the fix is to disable charge if your health is less than 20%.
I'm struck once again by just how bad BioWare is at documenting things and communicating to players what they meant. For example, I think "Fixed an exploit where players were able to use rockets from other weapons" means that they're trying to fix missile glitching, but that's only because of a massive amount of context, because I have no idea what the plain meaning of what they wrote there is. It's like trying to suss out exactly how the power evolutions work based on the in-game text, or our bi-weekly exegesis of the squad goal requirements; it feels like the text was translated from another language by someone who is a decent translator, but doesn't have the context to know what the meaning being conveyed is supposed to be.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

UnknownMercenary posted:

- Sabotage power evolution 6 increased tech damage bonus no longer stacks
BioWare

UnknownMercenary posted:

- Players can no longer grab Geth Pyros over cover
what are you doing

UnknownMercenary posted:

- Melee creatures will now completely ignore pets (drones, decoys, etc.) rather than just having a chance to ignore them
- Krysae no longer ignores enemy shield gates
BIOWARE

UnknownMercenary posted:

- Fixed the health bar position of Tactical Scan on Swarmers
- Fixed an issue with enemies approaching a downed player to execute, but showing mercy and leaving
- Fixed Flamer power of Vorcha from being activated simultaneously with the Reegar Carbine
STOP

kalel fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Oct 2, 2012

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Not being able to grab Pyros is loving bullshit.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Gordon Shumway posted:

Not being able to grab Pyros is loving bullshit.
No kidding. I got 15 grabs last match, and I think 8 of them were Pyros, including three right in a row.

e: And the Flamer/Reegar fix comes right as I unlock VorSol. How wonderful!

Tumblr of scotch fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Oct 2, 2012

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
A BioWare dev said on BSN that you were never intended to be able to grab Pyros and that it's a "fix" and not an anti-farming buff, which I don't believe for a second. Just like how headshotting a Prime was unintended but there's an animation for its head exploding.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

If you are mad about these patch notes you are literally what is wrong with the game

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Elotana posted:

If you are mad about these patch notes you are literally what is wrong with the game

All I'll say is that if they're going to remove Pyro grabbing, I want to be able to grab Phantoms. Preferably with the Krogan addition of crushing their heads with nothing but the sheer power of my magnificent fist.

MrDude
Jun 23, 2011
I forget, did they say they'd fix the Vanguard glitch last time with the superpatch that didn't actually fix most things?

That and boss headshot damage are better than DLC, really. That's 1/6 of the classes I'm now willing to use to their full extents, and I think headshot damage will have a neat effect on weapon choices. I'm not too keen on the math, but Fight Club Sandwich (I think) said something about headshot multiplier bonuses not doing much when you add them up. Is this going to change when fighting Banshees who you can reasonably headshot 10+ times in a row?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Elotana posted:

Please enlighten me, which part of the patch notes that I disagree with or that others disagree with makes us "what is wrong with the game?" Only the ones that I listed I have a problem with, everything else is pretty good (especially fixing the Vanguard glitch, if in fact they do fix it, and weak points on bosses, which will most certainly increase the popularity of snipers).

Gestalt Intellect posted:

All I'll say is that if they're going to remove Pyro grabbing, I want to be able to grab Phantoms. Preferably with the Krogan addition of crushing their heads with nothing but the sheer power of my magnificent fist.
I feel like that would be overkill. Plus, there's nothing quite so satisfying as the Krogan heavy-melee smacking a Phantom right into a wall.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Bugs are bugs, they shouldn't selectively fix them based on whether they benefit the player or not. Can't really give a poo poo about anyone who was relying on any of these bugs as part of their play style. For instance, I've never liked the Reegar+Flamer trick because it seemed cheesy and one-dimensional and I still have fun with Vorcha, so stop being babies.

I agree that calling Pyro grabbing a bug is probably bullshit, but again, they're still the easiest non-Trooper unit to kill. This is strictly to try and steer players away from W/G/G and that's totally warranted at this point where most of them would be better off just playing Cerberus straight-up.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Elotana posted:

This is strictly to try and steer players away from W/G/G and that's totally warranted at this point where most of them would be better off just playing Cerberus straight-up.

I know this is what they want to accomplish, but all that will happen is this part:

Elotana posted:

This is strictly to try and steer players away.

Don't get me wrong, I like everything else about that patch. It just seems like in every patch there's one or two things that piss off a lot of the playerbase. I'm not sure you can keep doing that without it biting you in the rear end. So pubbies farm for credits, it isn't the end of the world. Stop throwing everything you can at them to make them stop, it's unintentionally making non-farming games more lovely.

Pumpking
Oct 27, 2007

Who is number 1?

SciFiDownBeat posted:

BioWare

what are you doing

BIOWARE

STOP

Nooo BIOWAAAARE stop fixing things will your list of transgressions never end :argh:

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Donald Kimball posted:

I like playing Gold games that aren't Geth/White?

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
If you want players to do something different, it would be a nice idea to give incentive for them to do something different, not make what they currently like doing worse, and worse in a way that will have precisely zero effect on players habits other than annoying the poo poo out of them.

See also: trying to get people to use different guns by making the guns they use worse instead of making the underused guns better.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
They should really give a huge credit bonus for doing random games instead of trying (badly) to stop farming.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
I think I'll put these in three categories. (Well, four if you count the unlisted category "Don't Really Care, But That's Nice.")

quote:

- Incinerate power evolution 5 now gives a damage bonus to frozen and chilled enemies
- Krogan Vanguard Rage bonuses now work properly
- Fixed quitting/disconnecting while holding Retrieve Object that could cause the Retrieve Object to disappear
- Fixed issue in which enemies surviving a detonated Stasis blast became invulnerable
- Attempting to equip similar weapon mods will now present a 'Slot Occupied' message
- Asari Justicar passive power evolution 3 power damage and force bonus now works properly
- Particle Rifle no longer replenishes ammo from ammo boxes and supply pylons
- All Batarian and Krogan kits will now stagger less than other kits
- Singularity power re-designed:
- Fixed an issue with Firebase Jade giving partial extractions when all players are already inside the extraction zone
- Fixed SMG Ultralight Materials Mod not having impact on power recharge speed
- Fixed Armor Piercing Ammo not applying penetration bonus to secondary weapon
- Fixed an issue with talent points remaining after a character promotion
- Fixed an issue with Private Lobbies not staying private after the match has begun
- Fixed automatic revive at a specific spot in Firebase White
- Successfully extracting from a match gives 10% bonus credits. This reward does not depend on your squad members – you must extra personally to get the reward.
- Fixed Flamer power of Vorcha from being activated simultaneously with the Reegar Carbine
- Fixed an issue with Ken/Gabby and Tali/Garrus ambient dialogues not triggering in Normandy engineering

Exploits Fixed:

- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to be invincible and invisible to enemies
- Fixed an exploit where players were able to use rockets from other weapons

PC Only:

- Fixed an issue that made Origin users display their game as joinable when their game is full

Later addition:
-Can now headshot Banshees, Geth Primes, and Brutes for an extra 40% weapon damage.
-Can now shoot the Atlas’ exhaust port on his back for an extra 40% weapon damage.

THANK YOU

quote:

- Players can no longer grab Geth Pyros over cover
- Fixed bleedout effect that was disappearing when another player used an Ops Survival Pack

:ughh: Why are you getting rid of nice things for no reason. Grabbing pyros was awesome while not being game-breaking (and I don't believe for a second that was a bug), just fix the bloody melee enemies to actually attack the pets (I suppose if you flat out can't that's fine, but then you kinda suck), and that bleedout effect is bloody annoying.

EDIT: Wait, if they mean you stop bleeding out, then that's a good fix. As far as I know it only removes the stupid screen effect. Accidentally getting rid of a bad screen effect is not something you spend time "fixing".

quote:

- Fixed users logging off or disconnecting during gameplay from not being able to return online until rebooting the game
- Fixed an issue when using Biotic Charge before death that caused the match to be unplayable afterwards
- Fixed dropping Retrieve Objects that could potentially fall under the level
- Ops Survival Packs now grant a one second damage immunity when consumed
- Fixed an issue with the Banshee being able to sync-kill players farther than she should be able to
- Fixed seeking projectile powers occasionally failing to impact targets even though it appeared to impact
- Fixed an issue that caused the Retrieve Objective wave to not recognize the recovery of the object when it enters the retrieve zone
- Fixed an issue in which purchasing multiplayer card pack purchases would not complete
- Fixed issue where enemies in Stasis surviving a biotic detonation would become un-synchronized for clients

These won't work, so gently caress you for trying to get our hopes up.

So on the whole, great patch. :cheers:

Felinoid fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Oct 2, 2012

Donald Kimball
Sep 2, 2011

PROUD FATHER OF THIS TURD ------>

Ravenfood posted:

I like playing Gold games that aren't Geth/White?

My point is that this game does not encourage that. A lottery based upgrade system encourages farming. Tweaking enemy health, pathing behavior, etc. won't fix that.

Making UNKNOWN map/enemy give a substantial payout would help, but I'd like to just get rid of the random rewards. Alternatively, a development team that actually focused on the multiplayer aspect of their game.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Elotana posted:

I agree that calling Pyro grabbing a bug is probably bullshit, but again, they're still the easiest non-Trooper unit to kill. This is strictly to try and steer players away from W/G/G and that's totally warranted at this point where most of them would be better off just playing Cerberus straight-up.

Okay, that's fair, but do you believe for a second that this is gonna do anything meaningful to curb W/G/G?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Elotana posted:

Can't really give a poo poo about anyone who was relying on any of these bugs as part of their play style. For instance, I've never liked the Reegar+Flamer trick because it seemed cheesy and one-dimensional and I still have fun with Vorcha, so stop being babies.

I agree that calling Pyro grabbing a bug is probably bullshit, but again, they're still the easiest non-Trooper unit to kill.

I always thought of the Reegar/Flamer thing as sort of a neat but unpractical trick. It was difficult to get it to execute correctly in my experience. Not being able to grab Pyros, however, is going to make the Geth even more bullshit than before.

Also, they neutered Sabotage and Decoy. Two of the weakest classes in the game have had their trump card ripped in half.

Pumpking posted:

Nooo BIOWAAAARE stop fixing things will your list of transgressions never end :argh:
I saw this and went :haw: but then I realized that at least a quarter of these patches won't work or be implemented properly (and will definitely create new bugs). So really, in attempting to fix things they may just end up breaking it even more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

"Grabbing pyros is a bug" hahaha yeah okay

Look just fix it and say "it's a balance issue, deal with it" but don't lie about it. Christ.

e: the only way to fix Geth is to add a new unit. I vote Geth Hoppers. also, undo half the HP bonuses they've been given post-launch.

• Locked thread