Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

meatpimp posted:

Found some stills:

:911:

Never has a car been more aptly named :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
I like how even with a professional photographer and taking the "best angles" one can get, it still looks like it was horribly constructed.

I'm also trying to figure out what that car was originally.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
C5 Corvette?

Undead Waterfowl
Dec 29, 2008

astrollinthepork posted:

Ahaha, Grove City never change.

I just want to know who fed this car peanuts? Look at that allergic reaction. Epi pen stat!!

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Motronic posted:

As some of you know, I do a decent amount of work on DuraMax tuning. Trust me, morons run smoke tunes through a DPF all the time. As long as they don't leave it on a smoke tune for more than a few minutes at a time it doesn't totally screw things up. It's just less black and sooty and more white and oily.

Also, one of the first things you do to get more power out of one of those is replace the exhaust (which includes a DPF delete), followed by blocking off the EGR. Modifying the tune to keep the ECU from freaking out about their absence (including making them not throw codes and light the MIL) literally takes me less time than the actual flash process to upload the changes to the ECU. Of course, this is for off road vehicle only. Amirite?

And on the terrible car stuff, just about every person who has/wants a 5-way tune switch saves one or two slots for either a smoke tune or a really stupid lopey cam idle sounding tune that I came up with while playing around with a friend's truck. It's terrible, and I'm a terrible person for being an enabler. To my credit, I at least try to talk them out of that crap.

Yeah I didn't want to break his happy place thoughts that I falsely planted. At least the modification is harder to do now if you want to get the "real" black sooty smoke effect. The Ford 6.4L is still supposed to be "bad" for smoke because the sequential turbos spool up too quickly.

However what I think will really kill the smoke tune is that a) it burns a ton of pricey fuel, b) it is now indicative of a malfunctioning engine rather than a high performance one, and c) the rest of the diesel enthusiast community collectively blames them for having to deal with the drat DPF. It is pretty hilarious watching them get chewed out when they post on the various forums.

Hopefully it becomes a setting on the tune switch they never touch after showing all their buddies.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993...=item35c01d408f

There's a lot more pictures, each one more horrible than the last,...

Kotaru
Jan 17, 2004

"Serve the Hive.....
Feel the groove.
I control....
the way you move."
That is a lot of chicken wire.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

MikeyTsi posted:

quote:

I AM SELLING THE VEHICLE "AS IS" AS IT IS USED. I AM A GEORGIA DEALER. YES, A GEORGIA FULLY LICENSED DEALER. THIS CAR IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR SALE TO A GEORGIA RESIDENT. IF YOU HAVE A GEORGIA DRIVERS LICENSE I WILL NOT SELL THIS CAR TO YOU. PLEASE DO NOT BID ON THIS CAR! THE REASON IS BECAUSE IN GA I WOULD BE REQUIRED TO PROCESS THE TITLE FOR YOU. SINCE THIS IS A "REBUILT" TITLE IT WILL NEED TO PASS GEORGIA INSPECTION PROCESS FOR A GA RESIDENT. I WILL NOT SUBMIT THIS CAR FOR GA INSPECTION, EVEN THOUGH I BELIEVE IT WILL PASS AFTER A FEW ITEMS ARE RETURNED TO ORIGINAL CONDITION. PLEASE DO NOT BID OR CONSIDER BUYING THIS IF YOU ARE A GA RESIDENT.

:gonk:

tbb9
Sep 6, 2011
I just read this as "I won't sell this car to anyone who I might see again"

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

look better than a gumpert apollo to be fair

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy
All of those hacked away bits, and it still doesn't look as mad (or as good) as a TVR:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

MikeyTsi posted:

It looks like a Revell kitbash.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

It's not the worst thing I've ever seen but design wise it looks stupid.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

tbb9 posted:

Yep. Doesn't want to get sued to poo poo for a turd.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

tbb9 posted:

I've read it as "I've discovered my dope-rear end modz have made it so the car is no longer legal to drive on any actual roads".

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
You could drive it in Florida!

I'm assuming the sextuplet of exhaust pipes and the tinted headlights kinda uhhh limit the inspectability

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo
Taken by a friend as he left work today.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
I think we can wrap this thread up.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

The zipties in the armrest really complete this picture. It's perfect.

SG-83
Sep 6, 2004

I guess it's not just a dog thing!
It's like an Aztec and a Stinger concept got together and had sex. Then their retarded inbred offspring got hooked on meth and this is the result.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I just wonder what the thought process is whenever someone rattle-cans the hell out of a car inside and out like that. Surely it can't be, "Oh man, this is WAY better than it looked when it rolled out of the factory!"

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

The eight (8!) clip on air fresheners lead me to believe the interior of that care regularly smells as bad as it looks.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Previa_fun posted:

The eight (8!) clip on air fresheners lead me to believe the interior of that care regularly smells as bad as it looks.

I would argue he was going for symmetry, but then I look at the flames on the doors and well...

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Hey of all the air fresheners out there I actually really loving love the vanilla vent clip ons of that brand. Most air fresheners give me headaches.

I dunno about 8 but I think I've run 4 or 5 in really stinky cars before.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Also notice the impressive lack of tread on the front tires.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

It's a childs computer case they painted to look :krad: in car form

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

BoostCreep posted:

Absolutely not. It is much cheaper just to buy a real car and destroy it than pay someone to create a replica. In the film industry nobody cares about vintage this or classic that. Why spend $20,000 on a replica of a classic muscle car when you can buy the real thing for 10? It all comes down to the bottom line and what fits in the budget. You should see how many real vintage items are used as props and then thrown away after a shoot because it's cheaper and easier to dump them in a dumpster than go through the process of selling them off again.

I've witnessed conversations like this first hand:

"what should we do with these perfect condition 1930's deco radio and refrigerator?"
"we're done with that scene. just trash 'em."

The film industry is extremely wasteful.

This was a very real '70 Charger that was destroyed. In fact they destroyed quite a few of them for the first film alone.

What is common is building a replica of a super rare car out of another vintage car because the original version is usually too expensive to buy for the film. They would buy, for example, a base model '67 Mustang with a 6 cylinder engine and build it to look like a GT500 instead of buying an actual expensive Shelby car. While this is somewhat better, they are still destroying probably several classic mustangs in the process.

Here's a good video showcasing the cars that were built for the 4th Fast and Furious movie. They built 240 cars for the film and destroyed pretty much all of them. Don't click if you don't want to see piles of wrecked Gran Torinos. They bought 9 of them for the movie, built them all to look the same, and then wrecked 8 of them during filming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=778mkceE0UQ

In the Avengers they hacked an NSX to make it look like the new NSX that's coming out in a couple years :gonk:

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Nodoze posted:

In the Avengers they hacked an NSX to make it look like the new NSX that's coming out in a couple years :gonk:

Everything I'm seeing on the internet says it was an actual new NSX prototype, where are you getting this "hacked up original NSX"?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Faerunner posted:

Everything I'm seeing on the internet says it was an actual new NSX prototype, where are you getting this "hacked up original NSX"?

http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/features/driving-the-avengers-acura-nsx-roadster.html
> That's because, under its skin, The Tony Stark Acura NSX Roadster is really a 1991 Acura NSX.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

kimbo305 posted:

http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/features/driving-the-avengers-acura-nsx-roadster.html
> That's because, under its skin, The Tony Stark Acura NSX Roadster is really a 1991 Acura NSX.

Huh, I guess I missed that article. Fair enough!

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Devyl posted:

Also notice the impressive lack of tread on the front tires.

They're slicks. HOW IS HE GOING TO RUN 9'S WITHOUT SLICKS?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

More like he spent all his money on rattlecans so he couldn't afford better wheels.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

MikeyTsi posted:

quote:

THE CAR SHOWS 90,577 KILOMETERS ON THE DASH. I DO NOT KNOW THE EXACT MILEAGE OF THIS CAR AS THE DASH IS IN KM PER HOUR AND NOT MILES PER HOUR.

holy poo poo.....

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Waaaaaait a second...

That's not a Fusion!

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

VikingSkull posted:

holy poo poo.....

haha no poo poo.

Judging by the cluster photos, it's hosed anyhow. Showing 3K @ 20KPH when he was taking the photos.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Took me a little while to figure out what I was looking at here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsrpokpUmTQ

That is a rear-projection big screen TV being hauled in the backseat of a Solara convertible. The driver was watching me in his mirror as he turned the corner, as if he couldn't imagine why anyone would want to record this feat. I was behind him for about a mile before he turned. No biggie.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

I'm going to classify this as terrible. It's a "Stig" figure family (including the dog) on the back of a Honda minivan.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

meatpimp posted:

Found some stills:

:911:

Must be a big U2 fan.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Friend of mine found this on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-POINT-4PT...5e3313d&vxp=mtr

JDM (fits anything) 4 point harnesses... for $9 each. What could possibly go wrong?

I'm half tempted to pick up a set to do destructive testing on, just to see if they actually hold up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

kastein posted:

Friend of mine found this on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-POINT-4PT...5e3313d&vxp=mtr

JDM (fits anything) 4 point harnesses... for $9 each. What could possibly go wrong?

I'm half tempted to pick up a set to do destructive testing on, just to see if they actually hold up.

So long as it's not :signings: for shipping, do it. Should be amusing.