Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Non Serviam posted:

I'm sorry if I missed it, but Iron Maiden's Steve Harris has a solo album out ("British Lion"). This is one of the new songs: http://vimeo.com/49913827

... I'm not sure about how I feel about this

There is so much bad poo poo going on in this song that I don't even know where to begin.

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Oct 3, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RHTITE
Dec 26, 2008

Non Serviam posted:

I'm sorry if I missed it, but Iron Maiden's Steve Harris has a solo album out ("British Lion"). This is one of the new songs: http://vimeo.com/49913827

... I'm not sure about how I feel about this

Jesus, is ol' 'arry broke or something? Why the hell is he trying to get on the radio after 35 years of flipping them off with Maiden?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

That video is almost as terrible as Maiden's old Holy Smoke clip, the main difference being the fact Holy Smoke's video was terrible on purpose.

The singer looks like a football hooligan.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

These are awesome. That Steve Harris song is terrible.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Haven't bothered with the video but there was a stream of that Steve Harris album kicking around a week or two ago and yeah, the whole thing is just boring as gently caress. Even the singer sounds like he doesn't give a poo poo.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
Just checking out the new Enslaved album now. I had heard some not so great things about it, and thus prepared myself for disappointment, but I am really enjoying this so far. Goddamn, I love this band so much. I loved the clean vocals in their past work and I think they're just as good here. Their catalogue covers such an amazing spectrum of proggy black metal.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007

aliencowboy posted:

Vektor and Toxic Holocaust are both tubular.

I did manage to come across these though... :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIg6CTB-0DA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_04VtQ8Vb4

Yessss

Wow thanks for the first video. Listening to the album and it's like hearing Show No Mercy for the first time again.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

AgentJotun posted:

Wow thanks for the first video. Listening to the album and it's like hearing Show No Mercy for the first time again.

With the added bonus of not actually having to listen to Slayer!

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

CornHolio posted:

I've been listening to it too. It's... different. I definitely hear a lot of Sitra Ahra in it (which is good, I loved that album) but it's very different from that album at the same time. I think I like it, but it'll take a few more listens to definitively say how much.

I'm digging this song, which is a cover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u640HbkYXHg

(Original)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1tqNv-c8OQ

Ugh. It's a cover of a Serge "Lemon Incest" Gainsbourg song. I can't listen to any of his music because it's colored by the fact that he was a huge creepy perv.

Great Horny Toads!
Apr 25, 2012
This was quite a while ago, but I want to thank whoever posted Cancer and Tribulation.

Bruce Boxliker
Mar 24, 2010

nomapple posted:

Just checking out the new Enslaved album now. I had heard some not so great things about it, and thus prepared myself for disappointment, but I am really enjoying this so far. Goddamn, I love this band so much. I loved the clean vocals in their past work and I think they're just as good here. Their catalogue covers such an amazing spectrum of proggy black metal.

I'm with you, album rules really hard. "Death In The Eyes Of Dawn" might be my favorite song this year.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Bruce Boxliker posted:

I'm with you, album rules really hard. "Death In The Eyes Of Dawn" might be my favorite song this year.

Roots of the Mountain is the clear standout for me so far. Really excited to hear this stuff live. When I saw them touring AED it was amazing, because everyone was totally keen to hear new material. I don't think I've ever seen a band's new album so well received in a live environment.

Bruce Boxliker
Mar 24, 2010

nomapple posted:

Roots of the Mountain is the clear standout for me so far. Really excited to hear this stuff live. When I saw them touring AED it was amazing, because everyone was totally keen to hear new material. I don't think I've ever seen a band's new album so well received in a live environment.

AED had some good stuff but it felt like they took one or two good ideas and stretched them out way too long for every song. RIITIIR feels a lot better in this regard, less repetitive and better structured.

"Lightening" was an awesome song though.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

quote:

Following James Hetfield's successful eyewear collaboration with Sutro Eyewear, Metallica is slapping its name on other accessories, getting together with Vans on a new line of sneakers. A Kill 'Em All-branded version of Vans' signature Half Cab shoe launched earlier this week, featuring embossed Metallica lyrics and a special sole sporting the album's artwork. Next year, the shoe company will launch even more Kill 'Em All shoes, including a Classic Slip-On and a Sk8-Hi style. The world will also be blessed with a "Passion Project" foursome from the band that will feature a sneaker designed by each individual member of Metallica. There's no news yet as to what any of those shoes will look like, but it's probably safe to assume that Lars Ulrich's will be pretty dumb-looking.

I feel like the avclub really missed out by not titling this article "Sell 'Em All"

Velocirocktor
Oct 18, 2006

And it's just a little bit of Cretaceous Castle Magic
they should release "metal up your rear end" thongs

e: or butt plugs

Great Horny Toads!
Apr 25, 2012
"Sad But True" home pregnancy test.

"One" paraplegic Realdoll.

"Fuel" 5-hour energy.

"Call of Cthulu" fishfinder.

"Enter Sandman" Snuggie.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Well I certainly did not expect to see this today
http://www.avclub.com/articles/gwar-covers-kansas,70708/

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx
I just saw Accept in Charlotte, NC. I was really amazed by how much energy those old dudes had. Kreator is currently ripping poo poo up. They have some of the best lighting I've ever seen.

Great Horny Toads!
Apr 25, 2012
e: nevermond.

Great Horny Toads! fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Oct 5, 2012

Hatman101
Sep 28, 2006
My Cubans!

Okonner posted:

I just saw Accept in Charlotte, NC. I was really amazed by how much energy those old dudes had. Kreator is currently ripping poo poo up. They have some of the best lighting I've ever seen.

Saw them a couple weeks ago in Vancouver, and Wolf Hoffmann's stage presence definitely made the show for me.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

This is sweet.

I wish I could get behind the higher pitched, Overkill-esque vocals bands like Lich King/Gama Bomb use because I really like the guitar work.

For whatever reason I land on the deeper vocal preference, like Toxic Holocoaust.

gently caress I really want that Yellowgoat material to be released :black101:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

fatherdog posted:

I feel like the avclub really missed out by not titling this article "Sell 'Em All"
It's like a parody of themselves. And I'm sure the band that made Master of Puppets would agree. God, I'm actually old enough to remember that.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Converge has a new album in case anyone didn't know. It also rules in case no one has heard it yet. They put it up for free at convergecult.com

The physical release is on the 9th and they've got tour dates out the rear end already posted. I'm stoked and you all should be too.

oversteps
Sep 11, 2001

Novum posted:

Converge has a new album in case anyone didn't know. It also rules in case no one has heard it yet. They put it up for free at convergecult.com

The physical release is on the 9th and they've got tour dates out the rear end already posted. I'm stoked and you all should be too.
While it could fit into any of these darn genre threads, it seems the Converge discussion is going on mostly here in the punk thread.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
God drat it, I knew it would be something like that. Thanks.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

SoCal people, most likely an incredibly stupid question here. My job is sending me to Santa Ana this week, most likely wednesday into thursday. Yes, one whole day. I'm scrambling to find ONE thing to make this idiotic nightmare worth not killing myself before, trying to find SOMETHING to do that night. I know nothing about what's in that area besides disneyland and strip malls. Are there any shows going on this week around there?

I need a reason to not cause a scene at the airport checkpoint and get put in jail to avoid this trip.

Morbid Florist fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Oct 8, 2012

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Why hasn't there been a single released for new Wintersun yet?

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

They need to rent a NASA supercomputer to upload one

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Peak Performance.

Buglord
Yeah I don't think most ISPs would appreciate their users downloading a 500 petabyte .mp333 file.

Not the mention the processing power it would take to play it!

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!
The new Pig Destroyer album has leaked finally.

It's awesome... but seems to not be as insanely fast as their previous albums, but is more intricate in its musicianship.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Morbid Florist posted:

SoCal people, most likely an incredibly stupid question here. My job is sending me to Santa Ana this week, most likely wednesday into thursday. Yes, one whole day. I'm scrambling to find ONE thing to make this idiotic nightmare worth not killing myself before, trying to find SOMETHING to do that night. I know nothing about what's in that area besides disneyland and strip malls. Are there any shows going on this week around there?

I need a reason to not cause a scene at the airport checkpoint and get put in jail to avoid this trip.

No metal shows going on at the four venues I know of down there (HOB, Chain Reaction, The Grove, The Observatory).

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

TeamJesus posted:

The new Pig Destroyer album has leaked finally.

It's awesome... but seems to not be as insanely fast as their previous albums, but is more intricate in its musicianship.

Just curious, but did the bonus EP leak with it too? I can't wait to pick up that record.

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!

Happy Hippo posted:

Just curious, but did the bonus EP leak with it too? I can't wait to pick up that record.

Sadly, no.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

KingKapalone posted:

Why hasn't there been a single released for new Wintersun yet?

There was. Now it's up to you to develop a device complex enough to find and hear it

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
I managed to cobble together a computer with 32GB of RAM and a 3TB Hard Drive and I can now hear 7 of the 15 orchestras on the opening track. Sounds good!

Really looking forward to hearing it though; I think the self-titled is a masterpiece.

henpod fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Oct 9, 2012

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

henpod posted:

I managed to cobble together a computer with 32GB of RAM and a 3TB Hard Drive and I can now hear 7 of the 15 orchestras on the opening track. Sounds good!

Really looking forward to hearing it though; I think the self-titled is a masterpiece.

Me too man, I still blast that tape with incredible frequency. There's never been a point in my life where I've thought Battle Against Time was getting old.

Lord Purple
Mar 7, 2006

Remove your eyes...

Morbid Florist posted:

I used to live near there a couple of years ago and it is one of the most unmetal places in the country. The Galaxy Theater used to have a few good shows but it looks like they closed down earlier this year. Your best bet is probably to drive up to LA, if you have a car. Otherwise, you should resign yourself to a bottle of whiskey and blast Slayer in your hotel room.

thehouseplant
May 2, 2007

Morbid Florist posted:

Are there any shows going on this week around there?

There's a dozen venues within driving distance and not poo poo going on that I can see. Sorry, man, looks like you're going to have to endure the poo poo that is Santa Ana/Orange County.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.
So a remaster of Deaths Spiritual Healing is being released in the end of November as a 3 disc set. It's probably not going to be as good as the original because they usually never are but I did enjoy the remaster of Human however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

To Battle posted:

So a remaster of Deaths Spiritual Healing is being released in the end of November as a 3 disc set. It's probably not going to be as good as the original because they usually never are but I did enjoy the remaster of Human however.

All of the Death reissues have been really good I think. Relapse clearly put a lot of effort in to them. Really nicely presented and they sound great too.