Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
All this good news is hard to top: well, I'm pregnant

Checkmate!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

... :staredog:

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

There's..there's an "again" missing in there, innit?

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Everything's coming up roses!

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

All the requisite congratulations this is a happy thread.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Sjurygg posted:

There's..there's an "again" missing in there, innit?

No, your first response was more accurate.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

CuddleChunks posted:

:3: Congratulations! May we ask how you asked her?

I played it as just a completely mundane thing to start - it's going to be very busy the next couple of weeks, she just got back from Texas and we haven't seen each other really, so let's go out to dinner at our favorite spot. No big deal, right? So I got her roommate to babysit for me (she was in on the whole thing, of course, and she's like family anyway) and we went out to drinks and supper at El Superior. Drinks were great and supper was perfect as well, Tony always being the perfect host of course, especially when he knows something is up. Afterwards, we took a drive out to the canyon where we had one of our first nature-type dates and hit the western mouth of the canyon just as the sun was down and sat at the base of a great big 300 foot cliff that was still glowing with the sun, right next to the river and the willow trees. I got out my little portable coffee service and we had after dinner coffee with biscotti etc. while we talked and chilled out and watched the stars appear in the Western sky and listened to the hawks and coyotes. After a while I started saying the very romantic and mushy things about how she was the girl I had always hoped and prayed for etc. etc. and finally got on my knee and presented the ring. She said yes, cried, lots of hugging and a big hollywood kiss, you know how it goes.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
anyone want to guess how much it costs to get attacked by a homeless person's dog? (note: bill is only for rabies shots I treated the actual wounds myself)

edit: I didn't have health insurance at the time: ~$28,000 at the hospital

pile of brown fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Oct 4, 2012

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

pile of brown posted:

anyone want to guess how much it costs to get attacked by a homeless person's dog? (note: bill is only for rabies shots I treated the actual wounds myself)
I'm gonna guess that it's right around the same cost as washing your phone because the goddamn thing is so light that you don't notice it until it's carrying water.

edit: holy poo poo I was way wrong. Sorry POB.

Yawgmoth fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Oct 4, 2012

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Has anyone ever cooked with shirataki noodles? They're kind of expensive but wow zero calories... Had it with soy/fish sauce/vinegar/hoisin/cayenne/sesame oil/rice wine/arugula/flank steak and I may have just figured out how I'm finally going to lose some weight while maintaining fluffy stool.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

pile of brown posted:

edit: I didn't have health insurance at the time: ~$28,000 at the hospital

WTF.. I think I'd take my chances with the rabies.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

taqueso posted:

WTF.. I think I'd take my chances with the rabies.

The mortality rate for rabies is almost 100%, at least go bite someone at the hospital so that you can steal their shot.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

The mortality rate for rabies is almost 100%, at least go bite someone at the hospital so that you can steal their shot.

Your chances of contracting rabies is pretty low though. I mean yeah if you get it you die but only if you get it. That said I wouldn't have even thought to get a rabies injection as we don't really have it here.

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

Mr. Wiggles posted:

She said yes, cried, lots of hugging and a big hollywood kiss, you know how it goes.
Beep boop. :stare: Tell me more about your hu-man dating rituals.

Really though that is sweet as hell and congratulations to you both. Wooo!

therattle - congrats on your future behbeh.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

therattle posted:

No, your first response was more accurate.

But aren't you a, you know, a guy?

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Sjurygg posted:

But aren't you a, you know, a guy?

yeah the rattle is a guy, ive always liked his posting

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

Mr. Wiggles posted:

She said yes, cried, lots of hugging and a big hollywood kiss, you know how it goes.

Nicely done, sir. :golfclap:

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

I wanna join in on the goodnews fest, so pretend this is a week from now. I'm married! :woop:

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

GrAviTy84 posted:

I wanna join in on the goodnews fest, so pretend this is a week from now. I'm married! :woop:

naw man we're gonna keep this poo poo on a roll

im proposing next weekend so actually it will be pretty perpetual. so, we got next thursday covered with your wedding, I'll take friday and saturday. might be able to take wednesday since I'll have my custom ring by then and it's likely to be quite pretty.

can someone step in for good news this weekend? also we'll need someone on the books to have some good news monday and tuesday next week for sure. any takers?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna propose to my wife tonight. Propose that we do it.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

I'm having a party on Saturday! Pork Never Goes Bad volunteered to bartend, for some reason. Gonna drink all the whiskey smashes.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
My daughter won a fight at school today!

Does that constitute as good news?

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Happy Hat posted:

Of course it does. I assume Wagner played miraculously from the sky while it was happening, or at least the "Dovakhin" theme from Skyrim.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

Happy Hat posted:

Kick rear end, little aryan!

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I'm gonna propose to my wife tonight. Propose that we do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzIN3EgBIHg

mindphlux posted:

naw man we're gonna keep this poo poo on a roll

Fuckin sweet, man, goddamn. Congrats!

i mindphlux take you derp to be my awfully wedded wife fthful prtner in sicknss and in hlth n joy n sorrow n stuff till death 2 us part <kiss><rice><mazeltov!>

pr0k fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Oct 4, 2012

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Of course it does. I assume Wagner played miraculously from the sky while it was happening, or at least the "Dovakhin" theme from Skyrim.

4 boys were picking on the girls, stealing their dolls, teasing them and pulling pig tails.

She stepped up, told them to go away, they proceeded to find it even more fun, and she basically made them cry, one after the other.

We've had to talk to her about not kicking them in the groin (only one boy was so unfortunate to start kicking, after which she kicked back, and hit him in the fork of his pants).

Edit: We need to figure out a suitable punishment for her

Happy Hat fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Oct 4, 2012

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

mindphlux posted:

yeah the rattle is a guy, ive always liked his posting
Correct, I am, and thanks. Yes, I was yanking your chains in jest. What really is true is that my brother's wife had babby this morning. And my babby is really loving cute. So there is some legit good news. Oh, and the film I have been hired to close should close tomorrow.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Happy Hat posted:

Ice cream

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
drat, I meant to say something similar. Seconded.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

I started an interdepartmental war today between 3 departments, none of which are my own, and I'm CCed in all the communication.

It was glorious.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.
Everyone in this thread rocks!

Now is time to use my emmys to shotgun beers! Glory will be had!

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

Happy Hat posted:

Sternly delivered ice cream.

"For your crimes, the Rocky Road of Remorse with a scoop of Pistachio Penance."

Didion
Mar 16, 2009

Happy Hat posted:

4 boys were picking on the girls, stealing their dolls, teasing them and pulling pig tails.

She stepped up, told them to go away, they proceeded to find it even more fun, and she basically made them cry, one after the other.

We've had to talk to her about not kicking them in the groin (only one boy was so unfortunate to start kicking, after which she kicked back, and hit him in the fork of his pants).

Just tell her that with great power, comes great responsibility. Ouch, and good on her for standing up to them, according to the version told at least :)

Edit: Alternatively, ice cream.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
goddamnit you guys :( bad news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk8NcrRjqSE

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

Mr. Wiggles posted:

while we talked and chilled out and watched the stars appear in the Western sky and listened to the hawks and coyotes. After a while I started saying the very romantic and mushy things about how she was the girl I had always hoped and prayed for etc. etc. and finally got on my knee and presented the ring. She said yes, cried, lots of hugging and a big hollywood kiss, you know how it goes.
Well done, Wiggles. Glad the proposal was as beautiful as I saw it in my head.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

dino. posted:

Well done, Wiggles. Glad the proposal was as beautiful as I saw it in my head.

You were the inspiration of course.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
There you go, harshing my mellow.

Hey, are you enjoying your immunity from forum rules on capitalisation etc?

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

He's not immune. The rules have always been more relaxed in the chat thread, Abobo is unrestrained by any results of my ignoble defeat, and if he did anything truly egregious I'd still hit him for it. Thankfully, the rest of you have stepped up your shitposting to the point that he no longer stands out as especially insular or terrible.

Clavietika
Dec 18, 2005

The next couple weekends are going to be awesome for Winnipeg food for me, apart from the godawful weather! Tomorrow Osborne Village will be having its first ever Taste of the Village event, in which participating restaurants have a $5 dollar special, some places have free stuff! Osborne Village's facebook page has been posting participating restaurants all week and knowing the near-infinite number of good restaurants in the neighborhood I seriously am going to struggle picking where I want to go.

Next weekend I'm going to be checking out a newish mediterranean restaurant, I'm so excited! :D It's called Arkadash and they've got decently large meze and charcouterie menus with locally sourced ingredients, and really customizeable main courses. So pumped for a tajine with scallops and bacon!

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

So I get to meet gf parents for hte first time today and they're staying the weekend and they get to find out that she quit her well paying pharma job to work on a farm in the middle of buttfuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH
Dear destination weddings; even though we are older now everybody is still poor. Cut that poo poo out. I've worked three long nights and now I'm taking a car to the train so I'm not late to the rehearsal and it's likely that all I'll eat today is coffee and beer. And it looks like I won't even bag a bridesmaid.

gently caress that, ima bag me some bridesmaid.