Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Elotana posted:

Lagomorphic called a Krogan Shaman Adept with Shockwave three months ago, I think he wins

:smuggo:

I also said that that they'd be putting Collector rifle in packs.

I win and this is my prize:

Lagomorphic posted:

Also there is a fun new bug/feature: :catdrugs:Kills from Biotic Charge now trigger Krogan Rage!:catdrugs:

Lagomorphic fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Oct 4, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Lagomorphic posted:

So I just checked it and the Jade extraction bug and the AP ammo with 2 guns bug are both fixed.

Also there is a fun new bug/feature: :catdrugs:Kills from Biotic Charge now trigger Krogan Rage!:catdrugs:

See this will bring me back.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Lagomorphic posted:

So I just checked it and the Jade extraction bug and the AP ammo with 2 guns bug are both fixed.

And Rage works on Vanguards now? Kroguards just became so close to unkillable that ONLY synckills should ever get them, even when they're handled by the most clueless pubbie.

consensual poster
Sep 1, 2009

Elotana posted:

In my experience it's usually an even split between IIs and IIIs, but level II consumables are pretty good too. I usually buy a JEP and a PSP every two Gold rounds, equip consumables for every round including random quick matches because I don't give a gently caress, and I've yet to have to dip into my massive stash of level Is.

Level II is fine. I'm running really low on the stuff I use most like Shotgun Amps, Ammo, and Shield Consumables and I hardly have any level I left of anything. Instead of getting a bunch of Medigel I don't need, I'd rather just pay 40K or something for 5 level II and III Ammo/Weapon/Armor consumables with a chance to get a level IV.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Shield gate woes: I had a (gold) Cerberus turret with 2 bars of shield, hit it with a cloaked BW III shot. Appeared to be entirely gated. :(

I did this twice to confirm. If I can strip 80% of shields with one BW hit, it stands to reason the last 10-20% should go and then bleedthrough damage should happen, it's not.

extraction bonus credits: My extraction bonus popup just reads +1000cr regardless of silver or gold. I thought it was supposed to be 10%?

75184 for a gold ... yeah, I'm not getting 10%, I should be getting about 83000.

Psion fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Oct 4, 2012

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
What a Trailer. Time to crack the Krogan out again.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Lagomorphic posted:

I laughed for about a minute straight on reading this.

What are people's thoughts on Rage evolutions now that it works? I'm tempted to stick with Health/Martial Artist/Health and use Melee consumables, because all that damage reduction is going to be insane and the Biotic Charge thing makes getting Rage trivial, reducing the need for the last melee evolution.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Paracelsus posted:

I laughed for about a minute straight on reading this.

What are people's thoughts on Rage evolutions now that it works? I'm tempted to stick with Health/Martial Artist/Health and use Melee consumables, because all that damage reduction is going to be insane and the Biotic Charge thing makes getting Rage trivial, reducing the need for the last melee evolution.

I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet but I intend to go melee/melee/melee because with charge/barrier/rage you're basically unkillable, at least until they rebalance him. the extra melee damage will help one-shot some of the shielded troopers.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

I go all bottom row for fitness just to max my tankiness but I don't melee anything other then trash and Nemesis. I just find weapon damage to be easier to deal with on a 360 controller because I use the same thumb for looking and hitting the melee button which can gently caress up your melee. The rage change just makes the DR go from nutty to batshit insane. A good gun with the weapon damage evo on charge will kill anything quickly enough. Especially the Reeger with Inc. ammo.

Headbutts are fun though so feel free to ignore me if my build doesn't float your boat. I may even give a melee build another go just to change things up.

Lagomorphic fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Oct 4, 2012

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Could someone tell me what a sync kill is?

TwistedLadder
Mar 16, 2011

The only Disney Princess with a body count... in the thousands.

Alteisen posted:

Could someone tell me what a sync kill is?

It's an automatic insta-kill, like when the Banshee shoves her hand through your diaphragm or the Phantom guts you with her sword. Once the animation starts, there's basically nothing you can do (your character is 'synced' with the kill animation,) though if you're lucky your teammates can save you.

EDIT: rephrased, grammar fixes

TwistedLadder fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Oct 4, 2012

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

A sync kill is a grab attack that kills you outright with no chance to revive. The game has to force your character into a position for the canned annimation to sync.

EFB

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
The good thing about the Praetorian kill is that it looks like it takes long enough to actually be able to focus fire it down before it kills someone. Every other kill is practically instant, minus Banshees.

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008

Psion posted:

extraction bonus credits: My extraction bonus popup just reads +1000cr regardless of silver or gold. I thought it was supposed to be 10%?

75184 for a gold ... yeah, I'm not getting 10%, I should be getting about 83000.
Uh-oh, they're applying Bitcoin math.

TwistedLadder
Mar 16, 2011

The only Disney Princess with a body count... in the thousands.
I've only seen the Atlas sync kill animation once (human vanguard pubbie kept charging the Atlas and not backing up in between), and I think I've heard Brutes have one too? I've never seen it though.

Yeah, the Praetorian sync kill looks like it takes about as long as a Banshee one, so as long as you have a couple of teammates nearby it won't be that bad.
I wonder how mobile the Praetorian will be?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Brutes have one. They smash you into the ground instantly with no chance of someone killing it in time to save you.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
I've saved a couple of people from Phantom kills with Lash (0:40 for an example of saving a KroSent). It's actually pretty easy because when a teammate is in melee range of a Phantom they usually stay locked on them instead of going into their pose, so if you keep spamming it you'll probably interrupt something.

Elotana fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Oct 4, 2012

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

COMPLETE. GLOBAL. CALIBRATION.

quote:

Reports have also come in that Cerberus has enlisted the Dragoon to their ranks and the Geth are deploying new Drones to the battlefield.

I'm curious what a Dragoon is and how far across the map it can sync-kill you. :stare:

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Psion posted:

Something about updating their servers, so it's currently only giving 1K payout regardless of difficulty level. Even bronze should get 1500 or so.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Dragoons are going to be enemy versions of the Phoenix Adepts according to devs. They're the ones in the trailer with the yellow Smash.

I really hope they don't give them Lash with Shield Penetration :ohdear:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Elotana posted:

Dragoons are going to be enemy versions of the Phoenix Adepts according to devs. They're the ones in the trailer with the yellow Smash.

I really hope they don't give them Lash with Shield Penetration :ohdear:

If they have lash that's at all like the adept's maxed version, it'll be rough.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Elotana posted:

I've saved a couple of people from Phantom kills with Lash (0:40 for an example of saving a KroSent). It's actually pretty easy because when a teammate is in melee range of a Phantom they usually stay locked on them instead of going into their pose, so if you keep spamming it you'll probably interrupt something.

That is some drat fine music.

Man I need to get on more often, I really want one of those vanguards with lash, I loved the Kroguard on my friend's account but I got killed twice in a row by a banshee and a brute respectively right at the start of the waves.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

I've actually saved myself from a Phantom sync kill while using the Reeger. It keeps firing as they stab you and will sometimes kill them before they kill you. This may have been patched out with the Flamer fix though.

Also I just finished a gold game and only got 1K in bonus credits for extraction, hopefully that gets fixed soon I could really use some extra credits come Tuesday.

Drunken_Pirate
May 7, 2007
The new Singularity is so loving good. Drop it at a chokepoint and go make a cup of tea, come back and find yourself on top of the score list.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

As one of the few people who kind of liked Singularity back when it sucked I really need check that out. gently caress, I really should be working.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Do you like data mining? Do you like Volus? Then have I got a screenshot for you!

Could be doctored, whatever. Bioware confirmed on the forums that there are 16 new characters that are going to be rolled out over time. Guess they're transitioning from massive DLC every few months to a more staggered release pattern designed to maintain community interest.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Felinoid posted:

Something about updating their servers, so it's currently only giving 1K payout regardless of difficulty level. Even bronze should get 1500 or so.

so when is this getting fixed?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Elotana posted:

Do you like data mining? Do you like Volus? Then have I got a screenshot for you!

BIOTIC GOD

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

I couldn't hear you over the sound of Turian Vanguard.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Well this is certainly a whole lotta poo poo at once. :stare:

Can anybody who's played with a Vanguard share anything on how they handle when not hosting? Is there still a delay between hitting the button and Charging?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Psion posted:

BIOTIC GOD
FEAR ME

New stuff looks good. They really need to have a Harbinger boss that says poo poo until he's killed though.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Elotana posted:

Could be doctored, whatever. Bioware confirmed on the forums that there are 16 new characters that are going to be rolled out over time. Guess they're transitioning from massive DLC every few months to a more staggered release pattern designed to maintain community interest.

I think most of the people in the thread have predicted the "Biotic God". It's like one the things that had to be there.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Elotana posted:

Does gibbed still post

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Can someone with a patch play a quick game through wave 3, disconnect, and report back if they keep their objective credits? Some folks on BSN are claiming this but it might be bullshit.

If so, my hat is off to Bioware on this patch.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

^^^ I wonder if you could cheese this week's objective by leaving and rejoining a game.

Brainamp posted:

I think most of the people in the thread have predicted the "Biotic God". It's like one the things that had to be there.

But up to this point it's been only jokingly, I think.

Seriously, this little throwaway mode has so outshone the main game that some standalone MP title has got to be in the works. Redeem yourselves, Bioware.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
stockpiling commenced

I'm going to have to eat 1M credits just to get the lovely Argus and Raider levels out of my system though :( at least if I spend the money later I get a greater chance of some DLC stuff intermingled with the trash guns.

Biotic God will probably be part of the upcoming ME3 Retarded DLC.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

exquisite tea posted:

Seriously, this little throwaway mode has so outshone the main game that some standalone MP title has got to be in the works. Redeem yourselves, Bioware.

To be fair, without the big diarrhea-spewing elephant that hung over the main game for like three months until everyone was like "whelp, I guess that's about all we're getting" and just kinda shuffled off, the main game was pretty goddamn good. And this little throwaway mode has taken a LOT of patching, monotony, frustration and straight-up stupidity to get to this point that admittedly does some pretty awesome.

But yeah if they actually take the lesson they've (hopefully) learned here and make a full MP title or make the next Mass Effect title have a much more dedicated MP section with like, alternate modes and poo poo, then...

Yeah, that'd be pretty okay.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Psion posted:

so when is this getting fixed?

When they feel like it, of course. Maybe you should send some cupcakes with insects on them.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

People on BSN are actually getting mad about the Volus because of :qq: LORE :qq:, it owns

"B-b-but they wear pressurized suits where one puncture could kill them!" *takes 100 bullets as a Quarian*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

VJeff posted:

To be fair, without the big diarrhea-spewing elephant that hung over the main game for like three months until everyone was like "whelp, I guess that's about all we're getting" and just kinda shuffled off, the main game was pretty goddamn good. And this little throwaway mode has taken a LOT of patching, monotony, frustration and straight-up stupidity to get to this point that admittedly does some pretty awesome.

I never even minded the ending, I'm just honestly surprised that they keep updating the game with new stuff that (mostly) isn't just lazily thrown in there. Can't wait to install this new patch and play my beloved Battlemaster again as a completely unkillable death machine instead of the mostly unkillable death machine he was before. :hellyeah:

Assuming I got everything from the Earth pack and stopped playing around mid-August, has anything outside of the recent patch changed majorly?

• Locked thread