Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Elotana posted:

Can someone with a patch play a quick game through wave 3, disconnect, and report back if they keep their objective credits?

Yeah, I'll give this a shot. I can probably snooze 3 bronze waves in no time.

e: at least on 360 appears not. I tried twice, one where I hosted, one where I joined a game in progress on wave 2. Credits didn't budge.

Both times I quit at the start of wave 4 - so we'd gotten the money and finished wave 3.

Psion fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Oct 4, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Frankly, I'm just not sure how the hell a Volus would work because of how much smaller it'd be than everything else. Up until this point, all the player models have been roughly the same size. Those portly fuckers would just throw that off.

exquisite tea posted:

I never even minded the ending, I'm just honestly surprised that they keep updating the game with new stuff that (mostly) isn't just lazily thrown in there. Can't wait to install this new patch and play my beloved Battlemaster again as a completely unkillable death machine instead of the mostly unkillable death machine he was before. :hellyeah:

Assuming I got everything from the Earth pack and stopped playing around mid-August, has anything outside of the recent patch changed majorly?

Leviathan over in the single player was pretty good too, and Omega's probably gonna be good too. Despite everything else, you do gotta give Bioware and EA credit for not giving up on this game. They could've abandoned it after the massive backlash it took upon release, but they've stuck with it and released some cool things.

To answer your questions, there's been a handful of balance changes. I think the main points are that Biotic Charge is way stronger and the Crusader is WAY THE gently caress stronger and you should give it a shot if you haven't.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

exquisite tea posted:

I never even minded the ending, I'm just honestly surprised that they keep updating the game with new stuff that (mostly) isn't just lazily thrown in there. Can't wait to install this new patch and play my beloved Battlemaster again as a completely unkillable death machine instead of the mostly unkillable death machine he was before. :hellyeah:

Assuming I got everything from the Earth pack and stopped playing around mid-August, has anything outside of the recent patch changed majorly?
Only a few major ones:

- All Vanguard kits can now stagger Phantoms, even with the radius evolution
- All max grenade evolutions go to 4 now with the exception of Arc Grenades
- Gold/Plat shield gate got dialed back to 75%
- Submission Net got a gigantic buff making it the centerpiece of Batarian Sentinel play now
- They buffed the poo poo out of the Crusader 2-3 times so it's no longer a booby prize (Eagle still blows)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Yeah, I think I started taking a break the week after they made Charge better for all classes...unless it's even better now?

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

VJeff posted:

Frankly, I'm just not sure how the hell a Volus would work because of how much smaller it'd be than everything else. Up until this point, all the player models have been roughly the same size. Those portly fuckers would just throw that off.
Put 'em in a power suit, problem solved. I'm thinking a Volus-scaled version of this:

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Here's the list of 16 from the guy who decompiled the DLC files:

Turian Havoc
Turian Saboteur
Turian Ghost
Asari Valkyrie
Asari Huntress
Quarian Marksman
Volus Engineer
Volus Adept
Volus Mercenary
Volus Protector
Drell Assassin
Geth Trooper
Krogan Shaman
Batarian Slasher
Batarian Brawler
Vorcha Hunter

I sent gibbed a PM, hopefully he can stop by and grace us with some badass art assets or something.

The New Black
Oct 1, 2006

Had it, lost it.

Elotana posted:

Can someone with a patch play a quick game through wave 3, disconnect, and report back if they keep their objective credits? Some folks on BSN are claiming this but it might be bullshit.

If so, my hat is off to Bioware on this patch.

Well earlier today (post patch) I disconnected from a game (wave 9 platinum fuuuuuck) and got no credits at all.

Also re: that datamined thing, I could see maybe a Volus but 4? Doesn't seem likely. I'd be more excited by a new Vorcha class (which it also shows).

e:^^isn't it likely those were various things they tried out and we'll only get 6 of those?

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

^^^ Nope, Bioware confirmed 16 classes on the BSN forums. 4 to start with the rest being released over time.

The New Black posted:

Well earlier today (post patch) I disconnected from a game (wave 9 platinum fuuuuuck) and got no credits at all.

Also re: that datamined thing, I could see maybe a Volus but 4? Doesn't seem likely. I'd be more excited by a new Vorcha class (which it also shows).
If this leak is accurate it looks like they're going for 4-5 kits for every race, so 4 Volus probably won't seem excessive by then. We still need a Heavy Weapons Elcor though. Maybe next DLC!

Elotana fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Oct 4, 2012

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008
+100% bonus damage to frozen/chilled targets sure does work with Incinerate now. Played a round of QFE and maxed Incinerate plus maxed Cryo Blast (specced for debuff) dishes out quite good damage, especially to fat armored targets. Definitely gives the QFE some bite in addition to having a very good support/debuff power.

Gonna try Singularity next...

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Well if they're actually making the puny Volus playable, I want my goddamn playable Hanar Spectre. :colbert:

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

If Incinerate is fixed then your new raw damage champion is now the QME with Hurricane + Cryo Ammo. Don't bother with Tac Scan, stuff will be dying too fast :v:

The New Black
Oct 1, 2006

Had it, lost it.

Elotana posted:

^^^ Nope, Bioware confirmed 16 classes on the BSN forums. 4 to start with the rest being released over time.

Oh, sorry, I didn't see that. That's great though, new classes and power combinations will go a long way to keep things interesting.

Though I did just see a Bioware post on BSN that implies that Harby will indeed be dropping in during waves.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Good lord, 16 new characters? Combined with a new enemy faction, new enemies for existing factions, new weapons, weather hazards/effects, and traps? And it's still FREE? Bioware, seriously, spin this off into a full multiplayer game with this kind of support.

TwistedLadder
Mar 16, 2011

The only Disney Princess with a body count... in the thousands.
Did Cerberus get a buff with this patch, or is my seeing Phantoms traveling in packs and sync-killing everything more in the last three matches than the last month combined on the silver difficulty just a coincidence?

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
My new favorite change is that if 3 out of 4 people ready up, the countdown starts.

Saw someone with a Harrier VII :smith:

KingShiro fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Oct 4, 2012

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Schubalts posted:

Good lord, 16 new characters? Combined with a new enemy faction, new enemies for existing factions, new weapons, weather hazards/effects, and traps? And it's still FREE? Bioware, seriously, spin this off into a full multiplayer game with this kind of support.

With the advent of free to play games on XBox Live and PSN they should just make the multiplayer client a free download on all platforms and see how it does.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Hey Elo, any chance you could put the most recent megapatch notes in the OP? Unless I'm missing something, I didn't see it there.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

Hey Elo, any chance you could put the most recent megapatch notes in the OP? Unless I'm missing something, I didn't see it there.
It's long enough as it is, I'll just link it.

Donald Kimball
Sep 2, 2011

PROUD FATHER OF THIS TURD ------>

Singularity is pretty righteous. Cerbadept on Glacier/Platinum was kicking rear end. Would've been even better with a Justicar.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Schubalts posted:

Well free if you never buy any PSPs, which I imagine some people have been because it takes so long to max out your weapons/gears/get all the characters. I can understand people having maxed their Golds from farming or speed runs, but it's terrifying that there are people with maxed ultra rares out there.

I imagine it's actually a major money spinner for Bioware as a bunch of people drop $15 or so every DLC to get five PSPs and get a start in getting the new stuff.

Also with 4 Volus characters we have to start doing all Volus teams.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It has to be a major source of cash for Bioware otherwise it just straight-up wouldn't justify the effort of this constant stream of content.

Which is fine by me. Keep paying for my new characters, I'm totally cool with it.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Loving the new thread title.

Iam one of those people that is compelled to buy PSP at DLC releases. :10bux:

NuttO
Oct 22, 2001

sold fifty gold sixty platinum

VJeff posted:

Well this is certainly a whole lotta poo poo at once. :stare:

Can anybody who's played with a Vanguard share anything on how they handle when not hosting? Is there still a delay between hitting the button and Charging?

PC version here. Just played a bronze match with a Slayer, not only was there a delay on charge, there was a noticeable delay on Phase Disruptor. Then again, the matchmaking seems to love connecting me to someone very, very far away.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
loving poo poo 3 new DLC packs since I quit does this mean I have to play again?

Is this game even fun to pub? I've only ever played with metagoons.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Yes is it fun to group up with whoever.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
I play with pubs whenever there's not a lot of other people on or I just want a quick game. They're generally a lot better then they were as long as you avoid bronze or Geth/White. There's a good number players running Geth/White and still managing to gently caress it up.

Also the tags are full of inactive players so if you want to group up with people your best bet is just friending the active posters.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

What's the consensus on the Raider? Seems kinda ehhhhh.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Elotana posted:

Drell Assassin

Well it's about Goddamn time!

I guess I'll go buy back the copy I sold. That's their master plan here, isn't it? To keep people from selling their copy of ME3 even though at this point there are probably more assets stored on your 360/PS3 than on the disc with all this DLC.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Nordick posted:

Well if they're actually making the puny Volus playable, I want my goddamn playable Hanar Spectre. :colbert:
Still waiting on Elcor Soldier with a howitzer. Make it happen, BioWare.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Flagrant Abuse posted:

Still waiting on Elcor Soldier with a howitzer. Make it happen, BioWare.
"Sincere gratitude: Thank you for the revive."

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
"Quiet menace: Make my day"

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che
Female Krogan Soldier
Volus Adept
Vorcha Engineer
Elcor Vanguard
Drell Infiltrator
Prothean Sentinel

C'mon Bioware

EDIT:

exquisite tea posted:

What's the consensus on the Raider? Seems kinda ehhhhh.

In SP, this seemed like a bad but light Claymore (not quite as much damage and much worse spread). The DPS is misleading as hell because it fires so quickly that it basically functions like a single shot weapon. Might be useful on a Vanguard if a Vanguard ever wanted a lightweight Claymore that can't be used for sniping...or might just be strictly worse than the Piranha.

jpmeyer fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Oct 4, 2012

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

jpmeyer posted:

Drell Infiltrator

I'm 99% sure that's what "Drell Assassin" is going to be, though. Plus maybe Assassin means they'll get a badass version of Cloak that does wacky stuff.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
From the few games I played today, it seems Atlases now think they are birds.

The Crusader is pretty good now. Did the ol' force the Phantom power-shield headshot trick and was dropping them like flies from mid-range.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Drell Assassin announced, thousands of clueless players now feel vindicated for sending Thane through the vents

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I wonder how the volus will work, they're so much shorter than everybody else that I figure it would cock up the cover mechanics.

*GASP* Enemies *WHEEZE* neutralized.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

There were some people talking earlier about the Reaper at the end of the trailer and how they wanted to fight Reapers in multiplayer - please take note that the Reapers we fought in SP were the 160m Destroyer Reapers. The Reaper in the trailer is Harbinger. He's over 2km. Whilst I would like to take on full-size Capital Reapers in-game (it would have to involve vehicles, shield-wrecking orbital bombardments and mounted guns capable of delivering similar amounts of damage to a high-grade nuke), I doubt we'll be killing Harbinger in multiplayer.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Am I alone in seeing some severe frame rate drop? Seems like once things start exploding, I drop down to a pretty jittery 30fps.

I wound up joining straight into the host slot, so no verdict on Vanguard desyncing, but I did get the fake-out "charge oh wait no you didn't" in the first game. Also, it might be my imagination, but using abilities on Cerberus Vanguard felt stickier than before while moving.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

BreakAtmo posted:

There were some people talking earlier about the Reaper at the end of the trailer and how they wanted to fight Reapers in multiplayer - please take note that the Reapers we fought in SP were the 160m Destroyer Reapers. The Reaper in the trailer is Harbinger. He's over 2km. Whilst I would like to take on full-size Capital Reapers in-game (it would have to involve vehicles, shield-wrecking orbital bombardments and mounted guns capable of delivering similar amounts of damage to a high-grade nuke), I doubt we'll be killing Harbinger in multiplayer.
Yeah but he could show up and start shooting off his death ray during the extraction wave. They've already said that they're adding environmental hazards and traps. Also they did it in SP so the assets are there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

I brought out my Kroguad to try the update and didn't desync once, including the times where I'm pretty sure it would have desynced before. On top of that, rage working properly is amazing. I was one-shotting phantoms left and right.

I noticed the game corrects a lot more often. If I was downed while running I would be re-set back a few feet. If something died at the same time I charged it the game would re-route my charge to a totally different enemy, often times one I couldn't even see. Sync kills are still a bitch but every one I've had has been legit. I haven't seen a magnet hand all day.

This really should be called the kroguard update. From rage to vanguard desync to human adepts getting a biotic explosion funhouse power, the halls of Tuchanka are echoing with the laughter of vanguards.

• Locked thread