Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Welp. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Now I'm thinking that I haven't saved nearly enough credits... :stare:

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I wonder how the volus will work, they're so much shorter than everybody else that I figure it would cock up the cover mechanics.

*GASP* Enemies *WHEEZE* neutralized.
Kroguards are able to get about half their body in cover at any given time, and it doesn't make a difference. Change the animation for shooting over waist-high walls, and you're pretty much set.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Lagomorphic posted:

Yeah but he could show up and start shooting off his death ray during the extraction wave. They've already said that they're adding environmental hazards and traps. Also they did it in SP so the assets are there.

True. That would be one Hell of a hazard.

Also, is anyone else shocked that Keith Szarabajka is finally back as Harbinger? After all the complaints regarding Harbinger's reduced role, after STILL not voicing him in the EC or featuring him in Leviathan, Bioware finally brings him back, fully voiced... in multiplayer. Odd.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Alright, so I need to gain some major credits this weekend to stockpile...anyone have any ideas where to get a xbox live 12 month membership for cheap? Going rate seems to be $50 everywhere I've been looking and mine expires Saturday.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

exquisite tea posted:

What's the consensus on the Raider? Seems kinda ehhhhh.

I like it better than the Wraith, but I haven't done any numbers to see if it's better than a Claymore. Two very fast shots is, at least for me, way better than the Wraith's slower ROF but it's basically a Claymore-light since you almost never want to fire just one at a time.

Worked very well with my Batarian soldier (appropriate) and I cannot wait to put it on my Krogan vanguard.

Two of us played a gold game as krogan vanguards. We sat around tanking primes because who cares. Charge, punch, punch, charge, repeat.

Only thing that got us tripped up were cloaked Hunters we couldn't lock onto for Charge combined with pyros. Two of those in close quarters tended to be an issue.

Nothing else, though.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
There's like harder-than-Gold now right?

When I played pubbies literally never did/could do Gold unless it was cheesy rear end Geth on FBW with Decoys has anything changed? Is harder-than-Gold even conceivable with randoms?

e: More questions:

How do vanilla classes stack up to the new ones?

Are any of the new maps more fun than the originals?

What is the easiest credit farm these days?

Is Black Widow still the best gun?

Amateur Saboteur fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Oct 5, 2012

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Lagomorphic posted:

So I just checked it and the Jade extraction bug and the AP ammo with 2 guns bug are both fixed.

Also there is a fun new bug/feature: :catdrugs:Kills from Biotic Charge now trigger Krogan Rage!:catdrugs:
Yup. I'm pretty clueless, still edging slowly into not-a-terrible-leech on gold and I managed to easily top the team as kroguard. Sync kills are still bullshit but I suppose there's gotta be some way to slow you down.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Amateur Saboteur posted:

When I played pubbies literally never did/could do Gold unless it was cheesy rear end Geth on FBW with Decoys has anything changed? Is harder-than-Gold even conceivable with randoms?
Yeah, Glacier farming on Plat is doable with pubs. So is (was?) FWB on Plat

quote:

I personally feel like all the vanilla soldiers got outclassed by the N7 one, but most of the vanilla infiltrators are still really viable. Human Adept may be a powerhouse if the changes to singularity are any good. I suppose Asari Adept is still good for explosions, but they aren't as important as they used to be. I feel like the vanilla classes are totally viable but not as good as most of the DLC classes.

quote:

I love Rio as a Fury.

quote:

Glacier is much faster than White but is a little riskier. Its a lot more fun though, so there's that.

quote:

Well, it wasn't before, but the change to gating means its pretty badass, yes.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Thanks.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
So I just got a weird glitch in a really laggy game. I couldn't complete objectives, pickup ammo or take damage. I was a non-melee Krogan Soldier so I had nothing but weak headbutts and carnage but I was invincible. What a long and easy slog that was.

nwin posted:

Alright, so I need to gain some major credits this weekend to stockpile...anyone have any ideas where to get a xbox live 12 month membership for cheap? Going rate seems to be $50 everywhere I've been looking and mine expires Saturday.

Check SA mart I've seen people trying to sell off cards there before.

Amateur Saboteur posted:

There's like harder-than-Gold now right?

e: More questions:

Yeah there's Platinum and it's very farmable check my posts I did a guide and a video. You can farm it pretty easy with pubbies but it's easier with a coordinated team. Some of the new classes are really good, some not so much. IMO the two most powerful classes in the game are Kroguard and Geth Inf. so there hasn't been too much power creep in the classes although some of the newer guns are really loving good. The new maps aren't really all that good but they're different and it helps keep things fresh, most of them are a bit harder than the base maps. The easiest credit farm is still FBW/Geth/Gold if your teammates aren't terrible, Cerberus/Glacier/Gold isn't quite as brain-dead simple but there's a lot of good players just speedrunning that combo for credits. You can get a full extract in under 20 mins pretty easily. If you want the highest credit/time rate farm Platinum. Just search for Glacier/Any/Platinum. Tactical cloak got a major nerf and sniper rifles are quite rare now, shotguns are the big thing now. Black Widow is still a great gun though and it got a buff recently so if you like it use it.

Banjodark
Jun 10, 2001

Beautiful and good
Punishing with his kindness
Jacob is perfect
oh man am I BACK IN. that new DLC announcement has me finally.

I should have never quit you, multiplayer ME3.

Kaizer88
Feb 16, 2011
Volus spec ops? :S . How would they even keep up with the other N7 coming out of the shuttle?

rocketbrah
Sep 24, 2003

it's peanut butter
⚡ MORPHIN' TIME ⚡

Ravenfood posted:

Kroguards are able to get about half their body in cover at any given time, and it doesn't make a difference. Change the animation for shooting over waist-high walls, and you're pretty much set.
Oh god I hope the animation is them blindfiring over the cover.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Playing Vanguard off-host is weird. It has a different feel to it now and I can't put my finger on it.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Kroguard is gonna get nerfed sooooooo hard :(

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
drat, I'll have to check this out. I don't have it in me to farm anymore though.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Kroguard is virtually indestructible now. At one point on Gold, the rest of my team was down and I just kept flinging myself at a batch of Geth and they barely popped my shields. It's even more ridiculous in Rage Mode. I went one-on-one with Geth Primes and there was nothing they could do. Only when I A) Stopped to revive multiple teammates (they were dying a lot) or B) Got myself caught in a situation where I was too heavily staggered did I wind up dying.

Just. loving. Ridiculous.

Gonna enjoy it and get as much cash as I can before they nerf the everloving poo poo out of this kit.

EDIT: Hey, should I respec Biotic Charge for Radius?

MJeff fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Oct 5, 2012

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

VJeff posted:

Always.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So now it's ABABC (Always Be Area Biotic Charging)?

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
The only reason to ever take the force evolution is if you're running some weird build without any points in your passive, like a melee-heavy Slayer. Then you'd need the force evolution to stagger stuff.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

In It For The Tank posted:

drat, I'll have to check this out. I don't have it in me to farm anymore though.

Just run Cerberus/Gold/Glacier for easy credits without getting too bored.

VJeff posted:

Yes!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I've taken a break for a while due to Dark Souls but it looks like I'll have to go back now for the patch and DLC. Not sure what to think about a lot of this; the majority of it looks pretty great, like boss headshots, saved gear, promoting not being a hassle, etc. Removing Pyro grabbing, more staggering from Primes, and a few other things are definitely problems though. Obviously all the DLC content looks great, but I wish there was more than one new Quarian and Geth.

As for Collectors, I'm mostly just worried as was mentioned before about sync kills and annoying new abilities. Also Harbinger was the worst thing about the Collectors and goddamn it he had better not be mumbling extremely weird and not exactly fitting phrases in any game vs. Collectors like he did in ME2.

Volus will be a melee-only class which will involve rolling like a bowling ball into enemies until your shields are broken and you take a shot, at which point you will explode for a massive AOE, although you don't come back until the end of the wave.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Gestalt Intellect posted:

As for Collectors, I'm mostly just worried as was mentioned before about sync kills and annoying new abilities. Also Harbinger was the worst thing about the Collectors and goddamn it he had better not be mumbling extremely weird and not exactly fitting phrases in any game vs. Collectors like he did in ME2.

It's sort of amazing how wrong one person could be. I found no enemy more satisfying to kill than Harbinger in ME2. It was great slapping him down after he told me I was going to lose.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

MadBimber posted:

Kroguard is gonna get nerfed sooooooo hard :(

Unfortunately it seems that way. You can go full melee evolutions in Rage and still be completely invincible now that it actually works properly. I hope they just kind of go hands off with him though, I mean does anybody really mind if a Krogan Battlemaster is the best class in the game? If it was a Vorcha then I could see their point...

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I'm a moron with money and rarely buy SPs or PSPs. Enjoy your Krogans. :(

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I mean I can kinda see how it'd be annoying for some huge blue glowing rear end in a top hat to run around outscoring you so dramatically and making you seem kinda useless and pathetic by comparison.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Has it been pointed out that on the multiplayer manifest on the Bioware website there is no longer a separate category for promotional weapons and now the Valiant, Crusader, Hurricane and Eagle are in with the rest of the ultra rares?

TwistedLadder
Mar 16, 2011

The only Disney Princess with a body count... in the thousands.

VJeff posted:

I mean I can kinda see how it'd be annoying for some huge blue glowing rear end in a top hat to run around outscoring you so dramatically and making you seem kinda useless and pathetic by comparison.

Then obviously the solution is to also be an unstoppable, headbutting biotic juggernaut.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Lagomorphic posted:

Also there is a fun new bug/feature: :catdrugs:Kills from Biotic Charge now trigger Krogan Rage!:catdrugs:

UUUUUNNNNFFFFFFF
gently caress my final exams, I'm playing this all weekend. GT Two Finger, let's get some Krotarcha love going on.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

...and just when I thought I was gonna take a break from this game, they pull me back in. It's awesome that they're bringing in a new multiplayer faction, plus I like the notion of new characters (but still no Hanar Vanguard :argh:! This one wants to charge the gently caress out of people...). I will be very upset if I end up playing Collectors and don't hear "ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL" though.

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

Elotana posted:

Here's the list of 16 from the guy who decompiled the DLC files:

Turian Havoc
Turian Saboteur
Turian Ghost
Asari Valkyrie
Asari Huntress
Quarian Marksman
Volus Engineer
Volus Adept
Volus Mercenary
Volus Protector
Drell Assassin
Geth Trooper
Krogan Shaman
Batarian Slasher
Batarian Brawler
Vorcha Hunter

I sent gibbed a PM, hopefully he can stop by and grace us with some badass art assets or something.

drat, Krogan Shaman and friggin Volus? drat it, Bioware, I'm trying my best to stay mad at you!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Butterfly Valley posted:

Has it been pointed out that on the multiplayer manifest on the Bioware website there is no longer a separate category for promotional weapons and now the Valiant, Crusader, Hurricane and Eagle are in with the rest of the ultra rares?

We can only dream to spend 1 million spacebux and pull one UR out of all those PSPs...

Eagle V. :c00l:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

TwistedLadder posted:

Then obviously the solution is to also be an unstoppable, headbutting biotic juggernaut.

The solution is to stop caring about your score and shoot the things that are shooting the Krogan. Just now, someone said "You can do it Krogan!" as I was keeping two Primes distracted :3:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Oh my loving god, I tanked TWO primes as Kroguard and beat both of them on Gold. I am so loving happy right now this is everything I dreamt of.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Elotana posted:

Here's the list of 16 from the guy who decompiled the DLC files:

Turian Havoc
Turian Saboteur
Turian Ghost
Asari Valkyrie
Asari Huntress
Quarian Marksman
Volus Engineer
Volus Adept
Volus Mercenary
Volus Protector
Drell Assassin
Geth Trooper
Krogan Shaman
Batarian Slasher
Batarian Brawler
Vorcha Hunter

I sent gibbed a PM, hopefully he can stop by and grace us with some badass art assets or something.

I am excited about Geth Trooper and Vorcha Hunter most of all. My guess is Hunter is an infiltrator, though it could be a vanguard I guess. Asari Valkyrie also sounds good.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
I like that I only just now tried platinum random, and went two games in a row full extraction thanks to glorious goon cooperation.

:hellyeah:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

It is nice how, except for the now (presumably?) fixed missile glitch, Platinum is basically self-selecting. You bring your A game or you don't come.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I learned the hard way that the Javelin is not ideal for Platinum even with the return of boss headshots.

It is nice to take out 2/3 of a Banshee's armor with 1 cloaked headshot but the set up time for that to happen is just way too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Psion posted:

It is nice how, except for the now (presumably?) fixed missile glitch, Platinum is basically self-selecting. You bring your A game or you don't come.

It's much better than it was when it was the new thing. My first try on Platinum was with pubbies I found out that two of my teammates didn't believe in "wasting credits" on JEP's because you "only get consumables" and they really hoped that "they'd get some more rockets or medigel in their next PSP" and they were Brits so my lag was bad to boot. We wiped on wave two. It's much better now though since guys like that have gone back to farming geth white (badly) or whatever it is they do.

• Locked thread