Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

quote:

i got a question to the fans that complain all the time, come on now, now your just looking for stuff to complain about here, i mean is that all you guys do? its a question not meaning anything offensive about it, just a question, why complain about stuff, im guessing its how you work, its like you look at all them comics and other things just to look for things to complain about, i guess that's how you pass the time, i mean every time i upload a page you guys love it but can't help your self but to look for something to complain about, i mean are you guys really that critical? i mean i get having your own opinion and what not and that's cool but you guys even complain about little things that aren't even important, i love you guys, but your complaining is ridiculous

That's being overly negative.

If we didn't care, we likely wouldn't nit-pick/complain at all. And there's a tendency(Though I'm likely reading my own issues into it) to not be a 'blind fan' by liking something too much, too purely unless it's some kind of absolute masterpiece. To look past the initial 'yay!' and 'WTF!' and so on, and go deeper.

Personally, I don't complain, only question. Generally I can see what you're after. Though to be fair, the way it goes means there's bound to be posts effectively asking 'WHAT IS THIS, WHY IS THIS?' given half the story is shock value to get a point across or just for it's own sake. Turning Shadow into a full-on mass murderer, for instance, or the horde of zombie characters just now.

Comes with the page-by-page and the nature of Internet fandom(Or any fandom?) to pick everything to shreds with the absence of more story to tide you over.

...That was a rant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Don't be mad Lazey-B we just want what's best for you :unsmith:

Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

TwoPair posted:

Rob is getting more and more muscular the more this story goes on. By the time he actually gets in a fight, he'll look like the Hulk with no ears.

I had to think for a second where Hulk was. I hope rest of the Troll Slaiyers come back soon. Also, I want Shadow to keep destroying more Anime Towns on "accident".

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

ClownSyndrome posted:

I'm sorry Lazy-B :(

Lazerbot just found out his fans are goons. :(

ALEX TRILLTON
Sep 9, 2011

IF I'M EVER A DICK ON THE INTERNET, TELL PAULSEPHIROTH'S MOM
It's constructive lazy-b! We do it because we care.

Like if I'm playing music there's a difference between "you should turn your guitar down so people can actually hear you sing" and "oh my god stop playing forever", even if they don't explicitly say they like your work.

With that being said the current direction TGT is going in is amazing, keep it up.

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna
We got over the long fight-scene, Lazy-B. We just missed the long dialogs from characters.

We still love what you do. :unsmith:

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Buzkashi posted:

The Muppets and Sesame Street are like squares and rectangles. All squares are rectangles, not all rectangles are squares. Though I don't know which direction the Muppet/Sesame side of that simile goes.

It's actually kind of intricate if you want a more fleshed out account about the legal rights to the naming scheme of a bunch of puppets :goonsay:, but the short of it is that the Sesame Street characters are all considered Muppets.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

El Belmondo posted:

Don't be mad Lazey-B we just want what's best for you :unsmith:

Oh god. That line drove me mad as a kid. I loving hated it and it was guaranteed to make me even more uncooperative just out of sheer spite.

None of us know what's best for Lazerbot. Or for TGT.
Let the dude do his thing.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

We still probably don't want to take Kermit too literally when he says that All The Muppets died:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Muppets

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sesame_Street_Muppets

:stare:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Regy Rusty posted:

We still probably don't want to take Kermit too literally when he says that All The Muppets died:

Personally, I'm holding out for Pancho Contreras, the main character from Plaza Sesamo, to make an appearance.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

Bah, huge body counts are fitting in TGT!

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Lazerbot don't taket it too hard man. I actually went "what complaining?" until I realised. These forums are always like this for everything, ever. It's just the nature of the place. Bur nothing gets hundreds of pages if it isn't loved

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Hmmm who could be in the subterranean room not giving off any sign of an aura?
I hope its Glados :xd:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I think the subterranean room is where Garry and Demaro were fighting.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
Also that other Dragonborn is still chilling his pill in the labs so I'm guessing that's going to be how stumpy Demaro makes up for the horrible vicious beating Garry gave him when he confronts Coyote and Rob.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Lazerbro, some people are haters and that's what they do, I will always love you.

Seriously this comic is loving awesome. There will always be someone who hates some part of whatever you do when you make it public - it's not always the same guy.

You can please some of the people all of the time, but never all of the people some of the time. The more popular or great something is, the more likely someone is going to want to nit-pick some poo poo to feel better about themselves.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
The complaints always seem really nit-picky because this comic is so good. Compare the criticism here to some of the mock threads of bad web-comics. The criticism of TGT is more like "Holy poo poo, that was amazing, but it could do with very slightly changing one minor thing", rather than "God drat it, Buckley/Mookie/Dobson/etc. that was terrible as per usual".

Ruttiger
Nov 3, 2004

The music itself is changing.
Yay I get to be the one to post a page!

- Something terrible is going to happen to Tom
- Really wanna know what's in Wile E's bag

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
hmmmmm this isn't as i thought it would be,
killing people is really boring and all these
annoying screams, i mean drat

How is Silver better than Shadow by now?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rob continues to be the best original character.

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
hey blaze......
hows the
weather

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
I love Silver. I love Rob. I love Lazerbot. I love everything.

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
Wile E. Coyote seems pretty interested in Rob all of a sudden...

He's gonna try to kill him and eat his brain, isn't he? :ohdear:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Silver is the awkwardest psychopath. :3:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Zoinker posted:

He's gonna try to kill him and eat his brain, isn't he? :ohdear:

It's a possibility, but it will have to wait until after poo poo has been hosed up.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Oh, this is hilarious. Silver is mercilessly stabbing caged trolls without remorse, and he's more concerned with his relationship with Blaze.

Edit: And not moving anywhere with said relationship, too. What a goon.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Oct 5, 2012

ALEX TRILLTON
Sep 9, 2011

IF I'M EVER A DICK ON THE INTERNET, TELL PAULSEPHIROTH'S MOM
Oh my god "Hey blaze, how's the weather" is the greatest pickup line ever.

23 Flavors
Sep 13, 2011

what a talentless looking goon

I love that Silver thinks asking about the weather is going to make Blaze want to make out with him.

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW
The moral ambiguity of Silver right now is hilarious.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
I think I'm gonna have to go with Silver thinking that you and a girl stabbing caged trolls to death with a spear is something he thought would be romantic.

Shiran
Feb 20, 2003

I'm really looking forward to Coyote and Rob kicking rear end together, they're going to be a deadly duo. But Sylvester and Tom will probably end up fighting each other and gently caress up the mission.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

I absolutely love how this smug, all-powerful, ancient order of necromancers carry the tools of their trade around in old trash bags.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

zoomdog posted:

I absolutely love how this smug, all-powerful, ancient order of necromancers carry the tools of their trade around in old trash bags.

And are Looney Tunes characters.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Buff Skeleton posted:

You know I've been reading this comic for too long when I overlook that.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Buff Skeleton posted:

This comic is actually enhancing all of the material it took from originally for me.
I see a sonic game or a Looney Tunes cartoon and think, "hey, this is TGT-themed media!"

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

So JazzFlight, when are we getting a new video? I'm rewatching the first few chapters of the motion comic on YouTube and they're still brilliant.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Phlegmish posted:

So JazzFlight, when are we getting a new video? I'm rewatching the first few chapters of the motion comic on YouTube and laughing my rear end off.
I'm actually finally thinking of getting it done this weekend. Crazy idea, I know. Let's see if it happens. Here's hoping.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.
I think "hey blaze.......hows the weather" is one of the funniest panels in this entire comic, and that's saying a lot.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

After Silver is done skewering these captives, I think a few hundred dead trolls would make a fine addition to any necromancer's collection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

Vogon Poet posted:

I think "hey blaze.......hows the weather" is one of the funniest panels in this entire comic, and that's saying a lot.

Obligatory avatar version for anyone who's interested: