Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Well drat. Looks like I'm going to play some more ME3 MP now that I'm winding down from BL2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

CowboyAndy posted:

drat, Krogan Shaman and friggin Volus? drat it, Bioware, I'm trying my best to stay mad at you!

I still can't get over just how simple and fun the mult-player is and the commitment Bioware is pulling to add/improve it.

Like if you told me a few months after me2 that the online hoard mode would be fun and Bioware would completely drop the ball with the ending of me3 I would have thought you a crazy person.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

The Kroguard is now absolutely hysterically good. I love this game.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

zxqv8 posted:

I like that I only just now tried platinum random, and went two games in a row full extraction thanks to glorious goon cooperation.

:hellyeah:

Make it three! That was completely badass. I'm glad more people are playing again after the patch, because now I might get to run with glorious goon squads more often.

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

BexGu posted:

I still can't get over just how simple and fun the mult-player is and the commitment Bioware is pulling to add/improve it.

Like if you told me a few months after me2 that the online hoard mode would be fun and Bioware would completely drop the ball with the ending of me3 I would have thought you a crazy person.

While the gameplay is fun, I think part of the reason people dig ME3 multi is because we've really enjoyed the lore of Mass Effect. I really liked how ME's lore was basically "Sci-Fi's Greatest Hits!" in game form. I was dying to play as the other races since finishing ME1 years ago, and the fact we'll play as a volus makes me smile.

I mean, the friggin volus? One of the three least dude-bro races will be a playable class?

Does this mean we'll get Hanar and Elcor classes?

I'd play the poo poo out of the 'Shakespearean Actor Elcor'. :allears:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Two Finger posted:

The Kroguard is now absolutely hysterically good. I love this game.

I figure we've got another, what, five days of ultimate Kroguard supremacy? You know they're gonna ruin it. But so what, I am having fun now!

also I'm waiting to see if they hammer the Pirhana again on the 9th.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Turns out banshees count as "melee units" for decoy but phantoms don't. :iiam:

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Disruptor ammo is amazingly better now. It absolutely dominates shields and barriers with it's new 400% bonus against them. I'm loving it on the sentinel with snap freeze specced for full armor debuffing. Even on platinum, everything that we focused on would just disappear within moments of getting in range of snap freeze.

This game has new life, there are so many more options for group synergy now that you can do practically anything.

Any Origin people down for some gimmick runs over the next few days of the operation? Some ideas myself and other goons have had:

Four turian sentinels with particle rifles and incendiary ammo

Two turian sentinels and two human soldiers with the same.

Quarian hit squads with any combination of female and male engineers and infiltrators.

All stagger-slayers mashing faces in with phase disruptors and acolytes.

:black101: FOUR MOTHERFUCKING KROGAN VANGUARDS ON PLATINUM! :black101:

And none of that farming junk, we go random/random or go home. I have a few cyclonic modulators saved up for something like this. Well, we can farm too if you want, I don't hate it at all, but the Krogans will not be insulted by any less than the most insanely dangerous there is to offer.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

360 people get online and help me Krogan everything

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Even with the Vanguard glitch fixed you can't really be as effective a Slayer off-host. You can do okay but Phase Disruptor has brutal lag which leaves you open to too much crossfire so you have to use weapons or cheese it with Slash more often. Other Vanguards are fine, though, which is confusing to me since you'd think such a bug would also apply to Nova, but Nova is fine. :bioware:

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
After endless months of playing, I've finally unlocked a Kroguard and now I don't want to play as any other class. Is this normal?

I specced it 6/0/6/6/6 because I don't really care about Carnage

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

surrender posted:

After endless months of playing, I've finally unlocked a Kroguard and now I don't want to play as any other class. Is this normal?

This post is absolutely correct.

Incidentally, watching a Plat game with a dude with a Striker is now loving hysterical. He fired all five missiles in the first round trying to get the glitch to work. I love it.

PsychoHawk
Aug 7, 2004
We can't stop here ... this is BAT country!

surrender posted:

I've had a Kroguard for about 2 months now, but never played it due to lag issues and the annoying desync bug.

Today I took my Kroguard out for a nice chargefest and was not disappointed. The only thing that felt off is that I thought Krogan had the red hue for Rage like Vorcha Bloodlust does.

I feel.. no..

I AM KROGAN! :black101:

PsychoHawk fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Oct 5, 2012

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

PsychoHawk posted:

I've had a Kroguard for about 2 months now, but never played it due to lag issues and the annoying desync bug.

Today I took my Kroguard out for a nice chargefest and was not disappointed. The only thing that felt off is that I thought Krogan had the red hue for Rage like Vorcha Bloodlust does.

Mine did have a red hue, so it could have been lag issues. I played my first game in weeks today with the N7 Destroyer and there were no enemies on the map, although I was shot to death multiple times before rage-quitting. With level 3 consumables equipped, of course.

On the other hand, I didn't have any lag issues with the Kroguard. I played a couple of Silver rounds to try out the class and dominated both times.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Collectors?? Oh Bioware you shouldn't have~~

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So since Kroguard is the subject of the day, I kinda feel like there's a place for a 6/3/6/5/6 build. I'm thinking about just using a Talon with this guy and that's got me wondering if the Rank 6 evolution of Krogan Battlemaster is at all worth taking.

Granted, using Carnage is time you can just be using either Charging or Meleeing, but I dunno, it could be nice to have in your back pocket against Banshees and the like?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I can't think of any good reason to use Carnage, because Charging is way more important and Carnage would reset your cooldown.

consensual poster
Sep 1, 2009

VJeff posted:

So since Kroguard is the subject of the day, I kinda feel like there's a place for a 6/3/6/5/6 build. I'm thinking about just using a Talon with this guy and that's got me wondering if the Rank 6 evolution of Krogan Battlemaster is at all worth taking.

Granted, using Carnage is time you can just be using either Charging or Meleeing, but I dunno, it could be nice to have in your back pocket against Banshees and the like?

Because Carnage damage is so low at 3 that you can basically always use your weapon and do FAR more damage, especially with the Weapon Damage Rank 6 evolution of Krogan Battlemaster.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
I tried a max carnage build on the vorcha soldier, just to see. It's really underwhelming, honestly. I imagine they'll buff it someday, but for now it's easily skippable.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

VJeff posted:

I feel like it's useful enough for 3 points. The cooldown is super short (compared to charge) and it'll stagger dudes for the inevitable shotgun or melee. It's also got a weird curve that hits dudes in cover really easily.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
While we're talking about different things to do with Kroguard, I've found that popping your barrier is actually pretty powerful against trash. It doesn't do that much damage but if it hits health, the enemy get lifted and can be detonated by a charge. It's basically a pre-buff lift grenade.

Since the recent changes make him ridiculously tough anyway, I respecced into a more offensive barrier and it's doing wonders.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

http://biowarestore.com/collectibles/statues/sovereign-reaper-ship-replica-deposit.html

Just in case anyone in here doesn't read the SP threads. An 18.5-inch Sovereign for $350. It looks so good...

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

While we're talking about different things to do with Kroguard, I've found that popping your barrier is actually pretty powerful against trash. It doesn't do that much damage but if it hits health, the enemy get lifted and can be detonated by a charge. It's basically a pre-buff lift grenade.

Since the recent changes make him ridiculously tough anyway, I respecced into a more offensive barrier and it's doing wonders.
I have a problem with skills you can "detonate" like Barrier and Tech Armor and whatever: I just never ever remember to use them like that. As in, I put it on in the start of a match, and from then on the possibility of detonating it just never enters my mind no matter what the situation. It's weird and kinda embarrassing.

But yeah, Kroguard. As bullshit as the Geth are usually, I have to say it's just so relaxing to just charge and melee anything and everything in sight all willy-nilly without having to worry about sync kills. Just tank and punch Primes to my heart's content, especially as their bullshit cannon won't even stagger me. Charge, punch, Wraith, punch, Wraith, reload-cancel with charge, punch, Wraith... Primes just don't know what the gently caress.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

So the new Singularity is pretty good. I maxed it out on my Cerb Adept but I feel like the final evolution is unnecessary, 50 more damage isn't that much and the detonation field is unreliable. Maybe if it detonated on recasts instead of just when it naturally expired, it'd be more helpful.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

VJeff posted:

I've been trying to work out the best use for Carnage on my Krogan and BF3 soldier alot recently so I can give you some advice. Carnage is kind of a lovely power. You can make it decent if you go for the extra damage at 4 and the extra armor damge at 6. That'll get you enough damage to kill a deshielded pyro after the DoT is applied. Carnage does half damage to shields so you want disruptor ammo and a gun like the Talon that reliably primes tech bursts for carnage to detonate. If you do all this Carnage can be worth taking but for a Kroguard you don't really have the points to spare to take it to rank 6. So with rank 3 you'll still be able to use it to set off tech bursts but it's damage will be pretty crap. You could maybe make a case for it but an extra 10% weapon damage on a Talon does pretty good at range as well.

Nordick posted:

I have a problem with skills you can "detonate" like Barrier and Tech Armor and whatever: I just never ever remember to use them like that. As in, I put it on in the start of a match, and from then on the possibility of detonating it just never enters my mind no matter what the situation. It's weird and kinda embarrassing.

I have the same problem so you're not alone.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

exquisite tea posted:

So the new Singularity is pretty good. I maxed it out on my Cerb Adept but I feel like the final evolution is unnecessary, 50 more damage isn't that much and the detonation field is unreliable. Maybe if it detonated on recasts instead of just when it naturally expired, it'd be more helpful.

Since singularity reliably primes explosions on everything now (whether it's getting lifted or not) I don't see why you WOULDN'T take the final evolution.

highmodulus
Feb 16, 2011

Let's go crazy Broadway style!
The one hope for Krogards avoiding the nerf bat, is that they normally are not used for W/G/G farming. Given Bioware's hilarious obsession with stopping only that form of farming, Krogards may be safe.

Of course Bioware will ruin any gun that's fun or we enjoy using. . .

/I farmed W/G/G with my Krogard for funzies. No biotics made it harder, but still did ok.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

COMPLETE. GLOBAL. CALIBRATION.
It wasn't listed in the patch notes but I swear shockwave is more reliable than it used to be; it cascades down to lower surfaces now and doesn't bug out halfway through the game. BatSent is an absolute monster when paired with another caster.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Cheap Vodka posted:

It wasn't listed in the patch notes but I swear shockwave is more reliable than it used to be; it cascades down to lower surfaces now and doesn't bug out halfway through the game. BatSent is an absolute monster when paired with another caster.

You mean it doesn't bug out even when you take the Radius evolution?

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

COMPLETE. GLOBAL. CALIBRATION.

Zoran posted:

You mean it doesn't bug out even when you take the Radius evolution?

I took the upgrade that doubles the length it cascades and that worked perfectly for all 11 waves. Was radius what made it bug out? I thought it was shockwave in general.

highmodulus
Feb 16, 2011

So what "underplayed" class(es) and weapons should we take out for spins with the new patch and balance changes? Seems like I always see the same 6-8 characters used. Same thing for weapons. I have decided on a "play something different" weekend. And only play underused characters and weapons. Suggestions/Opinions?

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

highmodulus posted:

So what "underplayed" class(es) and weapons should we take out for spins with the new patch and balance changes? Seems like I always see the same 6-8 characters used. Same thing for weapons. I have decided on a "play something different" weekend. And only play underused characters and weapons. Suggestions/Opinions?

Have you player a Turian Soldier recently? Marksman gives a free reload now. Also try human or cerb adept with the new improved singularity. Also any of the Vanguards now that the rapture isn't an issue.

highmodulus
Feb 16, 2011

Played a ton of Kroguard. Have not played many human/cerb classes, I think those may be prime candidates for play something different weekend.

With the latest buffs my Crusader IV has been getting some use now too.

A singularity based build maybe fun to mess with.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
One nice change I saw last night when dropped into a game with people farming G/W/P was that Banshees now seem to immediately teleport over the cover in the grab room and start executing people. That certainly livened up the game.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Butterfly Valley posted:

Has it been pointed out that on the multiplayer manifest on the Bioware website there is no longer a separate category for promotional weapons and now the Valiant, Crusader, Hurricane and Eagle are in with the rest of the ultra rares?

I can confirm this, and the Collector Rifle(which was mentioned in the new Chris Priestly announcement on the BW forums someone linked or quoted) is a Rare now too. If this means that we have a small chance to level up our former Promo weapons, then it just keeps getting better and better.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

One nice change I saw last night when dropped into a game with people farming G/W/P was that Banshees now seem to immediately teleport over the cover in the grab room and start executing people. That certainly livened up the game.

They'll also just walk right over it. One walked over cover on Condor, prompting me to run even harder.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The game appears to be running smoother for me, at least since when I stopped in August. The camera seems a lot less choppy when running and no longer spazzes out for a second when you go down.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
The death camera is really weird now, it more or less retains the same perspective as it does when you're alive, but kinda gently starts orbiting you instead.

One annoying thing I've noticed is that if you get killed while scoped, then you end up being zoomed into the dirt. Makes it a little difficult to tell when it's safe to get up.

I'm not sure why they changed that, it seemed to work just fine before.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Vietnamwees posted:

I can confirm this, and the Collector Rifle(which was mentioned in the new Chris Priestly announcement on the BW forums someone linked or quoted) is a Rare now too. If this means that we have a small chance to level up our former Promo weapons, then it just keeps getting better and better.

It does make me wonder what will be in or commendation packs now. If the promos are regular ultrarares now. They could just have the commendation pack be a random ultrarare. That'd actually be pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Lagomorphic posted:

It does make me wonder what will be in or commendation packs now. If the promos are regular ultrarares now. They could just have the commendation pack be a random ultrarare. That'd actually be pretty cool.

so instead of getting an Eagle VI, I'll get Saber, Javelin and Particle Rifle upgrades. yeah great.

how is this an improvement :mad:

• Locked thread