Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Only time I liked this system was in Devil Summoner 2, the demon would leave sometimes but the next time you saw the same one they would recognize you and join right away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Here are some photos of that Persona 4 Musical:

TurnipFritter fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Oct 4, 2012

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

This is too good.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Tagging the streets and humming the bassline.
Did Meguro even have anything to do with the musical? I probably won't ever see it, but whatever. I'm just curious.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

JetGrind posted:

Did Meguro even have anything to do with the musical? I probably won't ever see it, but whatever. I'm just curious.

He's credited as the composer, but I don't know if that means they awkwardly sing songs from P4 or if he composed all new songs.

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW
There's something quite "strange" about this musical...

CloseFriend
Aug 21, 2002

Un malheur ne vient jamais seul.
For anyone who can't find it (it took me a while), here's the famitsu.com article. Also, here are some pics of the individual cast members in character.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CloseFriend posted:

For anyone who can't find it (it took me a while), here's the famitsu.com article. Also, here are some pics of the individual cast members in character.

Than Kanji is awful.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Alteisen posted:

Than Kanji is awful.
THE HELL'D YOU SAY!?
                \

Fungah! fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Oct 5, 2012

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Fungah! posted:

THE HELL'D YOU SAY!?
                \

Why does he look like Albert Wesker's bastard son?

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Oh man! Extended Trailer! :siren: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Qk8V3VcGKk

STEVEN :allears:

El Belmondo fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Oct 5, 2012

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

El Belmondo posted:

Oh man! Extended Trailer! :siren:

Hell yes that looks awesome.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Alacron posted:

Why does he look like Albert Wesker's bastard son?

Well, Jake Muller is Albert Wesker's bastard son and he's also voiced by Troy Baker, there might be a connection.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Oh nice, no random encounters. 2013 cannot come fast enough. :allears:

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Artix74 posted:

Oh nice, no random encounters. 2013 cannot come fast enough. :allears:

Someone's proposed a thought that the demon figures might be more SJ enemy-scan style, and have stronger demons/rows of enemies.

I actually like random encounters :saddowns:

El Belmondo fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Oct 5, 2012

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Laughed at the 8bit Fusion dude.

This looks great. Really hoping it makes it over here now.

(It most likely will...)

So it looks like you start out in a Medieval-age castle, and then you explore the ruins of Tokyo. Apparently, you and your friends (who will probably fall victim to the Law and Chaos paths) sees a man summoning something? Given how the city wasn't in ruins at the time, I wonder if that man summoning that thing caused the whole thing to happen. (Wouldn't surprise me!)

RadicalR fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Oct 5, 2012

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Eating your face since 1991.

RadicalR posted:

Laughed at the 8bit Fusion dude.

This looks great. Really hoping it makes it over here now.

(It most likely will...)

So it looks like you start out in a Medieval-age castle, and then you explore the ruins of Tokyo. Apparently, you and your friends (who will probably fall victim to the Law and Chaos paths) sees a man summoning something? Given how the city wasn't in ruins at the time, I wonder if that man summoning that thing caused the whole thing to happen. (Wouldn't surprise me!)

Voxels, actually! :eng101:

I don't think it's a question of if it makes it out of Japan at this point. Just hoping there's not a six month gap between regions. If it winds up being that bad, that would at least that would give me time to actually finish a main series SMT game before this comes out. Anyone know who the character designer is this time around? I honestly can't tell who it is just by looking at the main characters :downs:

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

I am very excited about this game, but vaguely disappointed that STEVEN does not in fact talk with a text-to-speech device.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Bovineicide posted:

I don't think it's a question of if it makes it out of Japan at this point. Just hoping there's not a six month gap between regions. If it winds up being that bad, that would at least that would give me time to actually finish a main series SMT game before this comes out. Anyone know who the character designer is this time around? I honestly can't tell who it is just by looking at the main characters :downs:

The character designer is Masayuki Doi, who also did the new artwork for Persona 2 Eternal Punishment Portable and Soul Hackers 3DS. Doi also does the character art for the Trauma Center games.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Eating your face since 1991.

TurnipFritter posted:

The character designer is Masayuki Doi, who also did the new artwork for Persona 2 Eternal Punishment Portable and Soul Hackers 3DS. Doi also does the character art for the Trauma Center games.

:doh: I own both Trauma Center games on the Wii, and this didn't dawn on me. Thanks.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Bovineicide posted:

Maybe you'll be able to choose? The three characters you see each having disposition toward Law, Chaos and Neutrality?
Anyway, that the game is going to be realeased in the USA is pretty sure. Not so much for Europe. :(

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
The music's still great, at least. Other than that...

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Glad I have a 3DS and Vita, I get Persona 4 this year and a new SMT the next :v:

Not like JRPGs come out for consoles anymore.

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

I got myself a paper clip!
So I've been playing Persona 1 on PSP. I heard it get a lot of flak, but I'm actually really enjoying it so far. I just finished the alternate world mall on the SEBEC route. It's strange, because I wasn't a huge fan of Persona 2. I think I'll give it another shot after this, though, now that I know what to expect. Does P1 just get more annoying later or am I just tolerating whatever it is that turns everyone off?

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW

DeathBySpoon posted:

So I've been playing Persona 1 on PSP. I heard it get a lot of flak, but I'm actually really enjoying it so far. I just finished the alternate world mall on the SEBEC route. It's strange, because I wasn't a huge fan of Persona 2. I think I'll give it another shot after this, though, now that I know what to expect. Does P1 just get more annoying later or am I just tolerating whatever it is that turns everyone off?

Personally, it's not that hard if you just plan ahead and get enough cards. Put all your protag's points into AGI and DEX, keep equipment upgraded (simple, because the game DUMPS yen on you) and make sure you've got some buffs and good spells. Megido, which is on a level ~30 Persona, makes a joke of most of the enemies until endgame. The final boss isn't difficult either, the protag's Persona has a skill that does major damage against it.

People get turned off by the 3D dungeons (which I love) and the strange difficulty curve, which is definitely a flaw.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Azure_Horizon posted:

The music's still great, at least. Other than that...

...it still looks pretty good.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

DeathBySpoon posted:

If you made it through Kama Palace, you're tolerating it. You haven't made it to Peak Bullshit yet, but most folks don't even make it to Kama Palace before giving up.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Persona 4 US Trailer is up, highlighting the new stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ENtkx1dSZw

kimpira
Jul 11, 2012

TurnipFritter posted:

If you made it through Kama Palace, you're tolerating it. You haven't made it to Peak Bullshit yet, but most folks don't even make it to Kama Palace before giving up.

It's been a second since I played it, but Kama Palace wasn't too bad. I spent ages wandering around in it, but the fall-through floors reminded me of the sort of dungeon crawling you'd do in Dragon Quest 4 or 5. Maybe I was being more forgiving of it because I was simultaneously watching things on Netflix and not really devoting much attention to navigation.

I think the biggest problem I had when playing P1 for the PSP was the difficulty jump after getting to the alternate world school. Those loving toilet monsters were really bad about one-shotting me.

I actually got to the final dungeon before running out of momentum. I need to go ahead and just finish it some time.

I'm pretty excited for Persona 4 Vita! That new character's design looks a bit :effort: but the new events and areas look good.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.

Hace posted:

Persona 4 US Trailer is up, highlighting the new stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ENtkx1dSZw

I feel like there should be a version of this trailer with just Jeff and Vinny talking over it.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
No matter how many SMT games I play, the bullshit deaths never fail to make me wanna put my fist through the tv. :argh:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Anyone who played/read about the JP release of P4G: Is the added stuff hidden away in the middle of nowhere or is it something you encounter in regular play? I don't really want to spoil myself on all of it so soon but if it's stuff you can easily miss I'd like to know about it beforehand.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

dude789 posted:

...it still looks pretty good.

Not really, but I'm still keeping an eye out on new info.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Anyone who played/read about the JP release of P4G: Is the added stuff hidden away in the middle of nowhere or is it something you encounter in regular play? I don't really want to spoil myself on all of it so soon but if it's stuff you can easily miss I'd like to know about it beforehand.

From what I've read from JP owners, it seems that a lot of the Golden's new content is directly thrown at you. Marie is introduced on the first day and much of the new events (i.e. new town, ski trip, beaches, scooters) are integrated into the story.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Wow that P4G trailer really makes want to get a Vita just for it, even though common sense is telling me to wait for a friend of mine to get it. I just can't justify buying a Vita for 1 game.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Most of it seems to be thrust right in your face.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

PonchAxis posted:

Wow that P4G trailer really makes want to get a Vita just for it, even though common sense is telling me to wait for a friend of mine to get it. I just can't justify buying a Vita for 1 game.

I'm getting a Vita essentially for P4G and the new Assassin's Creed (which is a different game than the console release one), but there's a few other gems that sweeten the deal too.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

fount of knowledge posted:

I'm getting a Vita essentially for P4G and the new Assassin's Creed (which is a different game than the console release one), but there's a few other gems that sweeten the deal too.

Sidenote, but I wouldn't hedge my bets on that one. Ubisoft are notorious for putting out shovelware on handhelds.

MrNekomata
Apr 1, 2012
I wonder when that tease Gideon will finish with translating IF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

My Vita was actually the only console I've been playing for the last... 5 months or so. I was traveling for large chunks of the summer though. Also I had a huge digital PSP backlog and played through all of it on the Vita, the screen is great for PSP games and the second stick made Peace Walker way more enjoyable. Now that it has PS1 support I've been playing through old RPGs on the thing as well.

It does have some really cool games but it's more a question of quantity than quality - if it didn't have PSP and PS1 compatibility I would struggle to find lots of games to put playtime into. It's also a LOT of ports as you can tell from all of us being excited for a PS2 RPG re-release, my most-played Vita game was Disgaea 3.