Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

On the one hand, I'm glad that I'll be getting back to my apartment & xbox on the 9th, just in time for the new expansion... but on the other hand, I'm dying to play the fixed Kroguard and save up credits right now. :(

I still have so many characters from the last two expansions to unlock, I basically have a whole new game ahead of me. I haven't even tried Platinum yet. :ohdear:

I can't wait. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
The Saber is the best gun, I don't see a problem there.

KACHUNK KACHUNK

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Well Hurricane upgrades in PSP's would be nice. Also if I get a Talon upgrade on Tuesday I will weep with joy, so there's that.

Schubalts posted:

The Saber is the best gun, I don't see a problem there.

KACHUNK KACHUNK

It's the only gun in my manifest that's still at level 1. I would love a Sabre upgrade.

The New Black
Oct 1, 2006

Had it, lost it.

Lagomorphic posted:

It does make me wonder what will be in or commendation packs now. If the promos are regular ultrarares now. They could just have the commendation pack be a random ultrarare. That'd actually be pretty cool.

Are they actually coming out of (P)SPs though? I know on the manifest they're now in with the rest of the UR weapons but I haven't seen anyone actually saying they got one from a regular pack. It might have just been them reorganising the layout of the manifest.

exquisite tea posted:

So the new Singularity is pretty good. I maxed it out on my Cerb Adept but I feel like the final evolution is unnecessary, 50 more damage isn't that much and the detonation field is unreliable. Maybe if it detonated on recasts instead of just when it naturally expired, it'd be more helpful.

Yeah I tried it out today having not played a Human Adept since I think the demo, and it was good and fun. I took the damage evolution, don't know how much impact it had but I was certainly getting a lot of kills with it. Given that it is very rare for me not to recast it before it dies I figured the detonation option was basically useless.

----

Hey, does anyone know if the Ballistic Blades not working from cover thing was fixed?

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

The New Black posted:

Are they actually coming out of (P)SPs though? I know on the manifest they're now in with the rest of the UR weapons but I haven't seen anyone actually saying they got one from a regular pack. It might have just been them reorganising the layout of the manifest.

Yeah I haven't heard of anyone opening one yet so it might just be a new (stupid) organization scheme in the manifest. I'm just saying that it'd be cool if that was what they are doing. I'd assume that if they put them in the PSP's it'll be announced in a balance update like they did with the Indra.

The New Black
Oct 1, 2006

Had it, lost it.

Lagomorphic posted:

Yeah I haven't heard of anyone opening one yet so it might just be a new (stupid) organization scheme in the manifest. I'm just saying that it'd be cool if that was what they are doing. I'd assume that if they put them in the PSP's it'll be announced in a balance update like they did with the Indra.

It's kind if hard to tell right now since nobody is spending any credits.

Also, I gotta thank you for that recommendation to farm Glacier Cerberus Gold. I was farming White or Glacier Plat but if you extract on GCG you get 80k+ credits often in under 20 mins and it's much more reliable and less consumable intensive than Platinum.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Yeah and it's pretty fun to boot since you don't have to hole up in any particular spot. Also I just fired up a quick bronze game and they haven't fixed Ballistic Blades.

Dr Intergalactic
Apr 21, 2010

CRASH!
:sharpton:
AGAIN!
A couple questions about the Turian Soldier, specifically Marksman. I have only been playing a couple months now and have all but four characters open, making it tough to try them all. What a terrible problem to have.

Does the marksman reload take ammo from your current clip count or does it materialize ala devastator mode? Is it seamless? As in do have to stop shooting or can I cast it and keep blasting? And a follow up to that, could I cast it right before my particle rifle hits 0 and keep the spun up damage?

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
I can confirm that Shockwave with radius evolution works for the entire game. I'm pretty sure this has been true for a while but me and another goon tested this last night (as both host and non-host) and it worked fine.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
If anyone wants to try something underused, pull out your QFE. With the bug fix on incinerate damaging frozen/chilled, it becomes very powerful paired with cryo blast, and the turret should be decent now (though still outperformed by the geth turret in all ways).

Of course, you're still probably better off taking the QME with cryo ammo and incinerate specced for chilled bonus damage.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
None of my Incinerate or Singularity classes are built for the patch and I don't have any reset cards because I'm saving credits for the DLC :saddowns:

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Promoting has never been easier. So you could promote your engineers and adepts and level them up over the weekend. Gold is totally doable at level one with consumables. Use a cyclonic mod for the missing fitness and a scoped Talon with Cryo ammo for crowd control.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Why is it that Bioware can be doing me3 mp so well? Does EA just leave that part of their team completely alone, and let them focus on doing just what players want?

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che

The New Black posted:

Yeah I tried it out today having not played a Human Adept since I think the demo, and it was good and fun. I took the damage evolution, don't know how much impact it had but I was certainly getting a lot of kills with it. Given that it is very rare for me not to recast it before it dies I figured the detonation option was basically useless.

I played a couple games too and it was weird because I didn't feel like I was doing much but ended up topping the leaderboards because I think my singularities were priming enemies nonstop for the other biotics in my parties to detonate.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Samurai: luck. EA left the TOR team alone, by and large, and look what that got them :v:

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Dr Intergalactic posted:

A couple questions about the Turian Soldier, specifically Marksman. I have only been playing a couple months now and have all but four characters open, making it tough to try them all. What a terrible problem to have.

Does the marksman reload take ammo from your current clip count or does it materialize ala devastator mode? Is it seamless? As in do have to stop shooting or can I cast it and keep blasting? And a follow up to that, could I cast it right before my particle rifle hits 0 and keep the spun up damage?

The reload takes the ammo from your current count and doesn't help the particle rifle at all. Good guns for the Turian Soldier are the Hurricane, Talon, Tempest, Piranha, etc. Save the Particle Beam for the Destroyer.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Lagomorphic posted:

Save the Particle Beam for the Destroyer.

I should really do this. I have a particle and never use it because it is dumb but I forgot to try it on the Destroyer.

Anyway I just completed Overdrive. Took, well, see for yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRzLEZbqtHE

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Psion posted:

Anyway I just completed Overdrive. Took, well, see for yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRzLEZbqtHE

Your video description is incorrect. You have 18 minutes for 10 waves, as the 11th always takes 2 minutes and is required for the operation. :eng101:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Felinoid posted:

Your video description is incorrect. You have 18 minutes for 10 waves, as the 11th always takes 2 minutes and is required for the operation. :eng101:

my video posted:

have to average under 2 minutes a wave to account for extraction...

:colbert:

I updated the video just for you though!

also I'm really starting to like the Raider. It pleases me that it works so well on my Batarian soldier.

Psion fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Oct 5, 2012

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Samurai Sanders posted:

Why is it that Bioware can be doing me3 mp so well? Does EA just leave that part of their team completely alone, and let them focus on doing just what players want?
Most of the flaws in ME3 single-player were the result of dumb decisions by Bioware itself (specifically Hudson and Walters), not any kind of pressure from EA. I wish people would stop spouting this tired meme.

Kaizer88
Feb 16, 2011
I believe the multiplayer team is separate from the single player team devs. They must have some very talented people, as some of the things that were introduced were quite different from what you could get in the campaign (vorcha flamer, tactical scan etc)

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Elotana posted:

Most of the flaws in ME3 single-player were the result of dumb decisions by Bioware itself (specifically Hudson and Walters), not any kind of pressure from EA. I wish people would stop spouting this tired meme.

Yeah. EA doesn't tend to interfere with individual decisions themselves. And though it could be argued that their obsession with getting things out the door can result in bad decisions from time pressure, most companies have that internally anyway. I think the only one that even used to not have that pressure to any degree was Blizzard, but now that there's been backlash on a few things they're probably starting to feel it a touch as well.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I thought EA was responsible for the time pressure that made me3 feel so rushed, and monetized in a questionable way, and was just pointing out that the multiplayer doesn't seem to have either of those problems. If that's all Bioware, then I guess that's that.

Dr Intergalactic
Apr 21, 2010

CRASH!
:sharpton:
AGAIN!

Lagomorphic posted:

The reload takes the ammo from your current count and doesn't help the particle rifle at all. Good guns for the Turian Soldier are the Hurricane, Talon, Tempest, Piranha, etc. Save the Particle Beam for the Destroyer.

Fair enough. I guess the magazine buffs make it usable. Outside of that it's kinda bunk.

Just got a kroguard the other day, looking forward to giving that a shot. I can get away with carrying a shotgun and be tough enough to have some down time between charges, right? Surely he's not INVINCIBLE!?

GulMadred
Oct 20, 2005

I don't understand how you can be so mistaken.

jpmeyer posted:

I played a couple games too and it was weird because I didn't feel like I was doing much but ended up topping the leaderboards because I think my singularities were priming enemies nonstop for the other biotics in my parties to detonate.
The other reason why you're topping the leaderboard is that your Singularities don't detonate anyone else's abilities and they supersede any previous biotic priming. When I play Justicar alongside a Singularity user, my score ends up being 20-30% lower than it would be when paired with any other biotic. That's usually fine: Singularity + Biotic Sphere creates a very reliable killzone; even Phantoms are unable to sneak through; explosions everywhere; everyone wins. But if there's an Atlas 10m away and you're still tossing Singularities then I'm going to get a bit annoyed. In that situation you should be using Warp or Smash, for the sake of raw damage output as well as combo potential.

Note that this is entirely based on Cerb/Plat farming matches; I haven't encountered Singularity users in any of the regular (free-roaming) post-patch Platinum matches that I've played.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Dr Intergalactic posted:

Just got a kroguard the other day, looking forward to giving that a shot. I can get away with carrying a shotgun and be tough enough to have some down time between charges, right? Surely he's not INVINCIBLE!?
If you are charging regularly, have Barrier up, are in Rage, and are taking advantage of heavy melee's damage reduction (don't forget Melee Synergy with your Charge) during your cooldown, you are very close. When playing as a Kroguard the real danger comes when you have to tie yourself to a particular place for things like objectives or reviving your teammates who can't seem to keep themselves alive even while you're completely distracting multiple Primes and Pyros.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Samurai Sanders posted:

I thought EA was responsible for the time pressure that made me3 feel so rushed, and monetized in a questionable way, and was just pointing out that the multiplayer doesn't seem to have either of those problems. If that's all Bioware, then I guess that's that.
On the other hand, even basic bug fixes like "ultra-light materials do something" or "abilities do what they say they do" have taken about seven months to show up. That, and spending Bioware bux on reinforcement packs.

I think we're all shocked that the multiplayer turned out to be the enduringly fun part of the game, but it's not without its time pressures and monetization issues.

GulMadred posted:

Singularity + Biotic Sphere creates a very reliable killzone; even Phantoms are unable to sneak through; explosions everywhere; everyone wins.
Does walking through a singularity and a warp bubble set off an explosion? Or do you mean it's just very easy to prime lots of territory between the two of them?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

FronzelNeekburm posted:

On the other hand, even basic bug fixes like "ultra-light materials do something" or "abilities do what they say they do" have taken about seven months to show up. That, and spending Bioware bux on reinforcement packs.

I think we're all shocked that the multiplayer turned out to be the enduringly fun part of the game, but it's not without its time pressures and monetization issues.
Reinforcement packs? What?

edit: I seriously don't know what those are, are they even on the PS3? I never saw an option for booster packs or anything else paid.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Oct 5, 2012

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Bioware bux is what has allowed the continuance of free content and patches, which in my mind accomplishes exactly what monetization should do. Players can experience the whole game for free while those with the money to burn can experience things faster (but not exclusively). It's not invasive and has never felt cheap in the same way that other paid DLC has.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Argh pubbies can't even get through Bronze with a full extraction. :argh:

Need goons,

PSN - McShurto

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Samurai Sanders posted:

edit: I seriously don't know what those are, are they even on the PS3? I never saw an option for booster packs or anything.
All the stuff in the store is "reinforcement packs." You can pay in-game credits or Bioware points that you buy for real money.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Samurai Sanders posted:

edit: I seriously don't know what those are, are they even on the PS3? I never saw an option for booster packs or anything.
I think that's the generic term for the packs you buy in the store (Recruit/Veteran/Spectre/PS/Jumbo Eq. Packs).

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Oh, you can pay real money for that stuff? I never even saw the option. What good is it to have a pay service if people don't even know they can pay?

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Oh, you can pay real money for that stuff? I never even saw the option. What good is it to have a pay service if people don't even know they can pay?

You can pay with points (Bioware bux / MSP / whatever) that you buy with money. Surely you've seen that option every time you go to buy a pack.

EDIT: On PC at least it forces an extra click after you hit "Purchase", where it brings up a thing with "Buy with X credits" "Buy with X points" and "Cancel".

Felinoid fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Oct 5, 2012

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Bioware Dev posted:

Biotic Charge on the Krogan Vanguard is considered to be a melee kill for the purpose of triggering Rage. This is an intended feature.

Elotana fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Oct 5, 2012

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Holyshit kroguard speed runs on gold are a blast.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

YES

also Felinoid on second thought I realized you were just trying to help in re: 11 waves, with the hilarious amount of stupidity and misinformation about operations on BSN I guess precision matters more than I thought :v:

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Jumping on now for a Krogan rampage if anyone wants in.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Me, an hour ago: "I haven't checked the ME3 MP thread in a while, let's see what's going on!"

An hour later:

:swoon::supaburn::swoon::supaburn::swoon::supaburn:

Holy poo poo, I leave the forums for a week, and there's crazy new DLC, the crazy patch actually (mostly) works, everybody's going crazy... there goes my week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Psion posted:

also Felinoid on second thought I realized you were just trying to help in re: 11 waves, with the hilarious amount of stupidity and misinformation about operations on BSN I guess precision matters more than I thought :v:

Yup. Gotta have laser precision with that stuff or people go wacky. :supaburn:

EDIT: Like for example all of the speculation on the apparently mistaken grouping of the Commendation weapons into Ultra-Rare (they're back to promo now :ssh:).

Felinoid fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Oct 5, 2012

• Locked thread