Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Vegetable Melange posted:

Dear destination weddings; even though we are older now everybody is still poor. Cut that poo poo out. I've worked three long nights and now I'm taking a car to the train so I'm not late to the rehearsal and it's likely that all I'll eat today is coffee and beer. And it looks like I won't even bag a bridesmaid.

gently caress that, ima bag me some bridesmaid.

Go for it! Even if you have to brown-bag her. There's that pluck and Yankee can-do spirit that the world* admires.

*Barring certain countries and territories

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH

therattle posted:

Go for it! Even if you have to brown-bag her. There's that pluck and Yankee can-do spirit that the world* admires.

*Barring certain countries and territories
it is not a metaphor when I say I'm going to bomb her rear end like a drone attacking a Pakistani wedding.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

it is not a metaphor when I say I'm going to bomb her rear end like a drone attacking a Pakistani wedding.
So you'll be in and out before she knows what happened?

Clavietika
Dec 18, 2005

e: ^^^ :drat:

I forgot to add to my last post it's also Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend. :btroll:

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH

Yawgmoth posted:

So you'll be in and out before she knows what happened?
And she'll be crying about it for weeks.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
whats the irc channel that people are actually in? also are there any other places you guys ever go to chat with food people in real time, bounce around ideas and stuff? last night I had homework to run a special with eggplant, kale and tomatillos would have been fun to bounce some ideas around with people but nobody in #gws or #goonswithspoons is ever actually there

ended up running a vegetarian entree special of an eggplant parmesan but with a spicy tomatillo sauce instead of tomato, then a side of kale braised with basil, ginger, raisins and pine nuts

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

pile of brown posted:

whats the irc channel that people are actually in? also are there any other places you guys ever go to chat with food people in real time, bounce around ideas and stuff? last night I had homework to run a special with eggplant, kale and tomatillos would have been fun to bounce some ideas around with people but nobody in #gws or #goonswithspoons is ever actually there

ended up running a vegetarian entree special of an eggplant parmesan but with a spicy tomatillo sauce instead of tomato, then a side of kale braised with basil, ginger, raisins and pine nuts

#foodchat on synirc.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

No, you're right: it's a simile. :viggo:

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

I have good news too!

The GM (at the job I've been at about two months) gave me a $50 gift card and added four extra hours of OT to my timesheet last week because I've been working so hard and doing what needs to be done regardless of whether or not it's "my job."

Honestly that's just how I always work and I was psyched enough to be authorized to work OT period, but it feels really loving good to be appreciated.

Since I turn 30 next week, the timing is perfect! Now how should I treat myself? :-D

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

So gravette and I are going to be going on a minimoon in a week, for a week, to San Luis Obispo. Looking for suggestions of places to eat, things to do. We've been before, but it was a long time ago. Namely, I would love a place to get awesome fresh shucked oysters, or even an awesome seafood market, I can bring my own knife. We were thinking of doing Hearst Castle because we didn't do it last time. Probably going to go wine tasting a few times, that's what we did last time and we really enjoyed it. Any other suggestions? Maybe a range of restaurants, too. Like hole in the wall but awesome to fine dining.

Wroughtirony posted:

Since I turn 30 next week, the timing is perfect! Now how should I treat myself? :-D

Minibar.

GrAviTy84 fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Oct 5, 2012

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

GrAviTy84 posted:

So gravette and I are going to be going on a minimoon in a week, for a week, to San Luis Obispo. Looking for suggestions of places to eat, things to do. We've been before, but it was a long time ago. Namely, I would love a place to get awesome fresh shucked oysters, or even an awesome seafood market, I can bring my own knife. We were thinking of doing Hearst Castle because we didn't do it last time. Probably going to go wine tasting a few times, that's what we did last time and we really enjoyed it. Any other suggestions? Maybe a range of restaurants, too. Like hole in the wall but awesome to fine dining.

Minibar.

Definitely do Hearst Castle- it's an amazing place.

I'll definitely to go Minibar, after I build myself a time machine, travel back to 1986 to invest my $50 in Microsoft stock, head to 1999 to cash it out and then make one last quick stop last month to make the reservation.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Casu Marzu posted:

So I get to meet gf parents for hte first time today and they're staying the weekend and they get to find out that she quit her well paying pharma job to work on a farm in the middle of buttfuck.

Welp at least the hatred is mutual. Said I had "things to work on" and am currently hiding in my barn with rhe dogs. Her parents are craaaaazy. Send help. And beer. And a burg.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Casu Marzu posted:

Welp at least the hatred is mutual. Said I had "things to work on" and am currently hiding in my barn with rhe dogs. Her parents are craaaaazy. Send help. And beer. And a burg.

feed them horse and don't tell them until after they eat it.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Casu Marzu posted:

C'mon, man, details.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Casu Marzu posted:

What did they do that is crazy?

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

On my phone so typing sucks, but her dad is a super conservative True bleeds red, white, and blue Texan with a big ford belt buckle and snake skin boots saying we are living in sin. Also that I don't know poo poo about farming even though he has lived in the city his whole life.

Her mother is a Walmart aisle blonde, fake titted lady that uses far too much hairspray and thinks I, being a farmer, am not worthy of her Precious Daughter and that I must have knocked her up to get her to quit her job and farm with me.

Gonna serve them a horse head on a platter in the morning.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Deflate their tires so they can enjoy a longer stay in the country. :allears:

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Actually on second thought you ought to just go kick them off your property and tell them that they can come back when they can be civil. That's what I'd do.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

If they are still as crazy rude when I finish with chores I am going to hand them the phone number for the nearest hotel.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Yup tell em to get the gently caress out. Best thing I ever did for the "relationship" I have with my in laws.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Casu Marzu posted:

If they are still as crazy rude when I finish with chores I am going to hand them the phone number for the nearest hotel.

the worst thing is, if they don't really know you and they're already thinking all this poo poo, there's never going to be any reckoning with them. assuming they're crazy and all.

if they were reasonable people they might come around, but crazy loving parents are the absolute worst.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Casu, kick em out. It's your house and you should not have to feel uncomfortable in your own house.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah but you also risk putting your girl in a very difficult situation.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Yeah but you also risk putting your girl in a very difficult situation.

+1

Sometimes you just gotta suck it up and deal.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

The lady of the manor is being insulted as well. She should back him up.

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

You mean you're gonna get shot down and captured then have your carefully guarded secrets torn out of you and spread all over for any two-bit bridal shower attendee to see? :smug:

Wait, no, that's horrible! And the wrong country. :(

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
urinate onto their legs under the table during dinner

it's the only sensible thing to do

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.

GrAviTy84 posted:

+1

Sometimes you just gotta suck it up and deal.

This is why everyone should keep a Valium reserve.

Also, point out that only city slickers and drug dealers wear snakeskin boots. So gauche.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Yeah but if he was a snakeskin boot wearing drug dealer, at least he'd have manners.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm gonna have a good day tomorrow, barring anything major like an accident! http://www.junglejims.com/weekendoffire/details/

Also I had a real good day at work doing something different. I had fun for most of the day instead of just part of it for the first time in awhile, so that's also good. And I've got a good chance at getting a promotion.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Kick 'em out.

The only good news I have is I installed a new graphics card.

MSI GeForce GTX 660 Ti Power Edition.

It owns.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Halalelujah posted:

Also, point out that only city slickers and drug dealers wear snakeskin boots. So gauche.

Yeah, I objected to this too. Only a poser wears snakeskin boots. Unless he sports a nickeled Colt 1911 chambered in .38 Super with ivory grip plates either decorated with the Madonna or a crudely drawn nude lady.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
I am a great fan of The No Smoking therapeutic method.

Angerfuck your way to a stable and healthy relationship to your in-laws!

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Is this a metaphor for 'coffee'?

FGR?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Babby likes cheese. I gave him some pont l'Eveque (soft washed rind, pungent but not very strongly flavoured) to try this morning:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9zMuVZn1vQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Casu, I'd be so tempted to tell them to gently caress off but as others have mentioned, your GF is a factor: unless you clear it with her!

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Happy Hat posted:

I am a great fan of The No Smoking therapeutic method.

Angerfuck your way to a stable and healthy relationship to your in-laws!

What's so great about it (and children the season is coming fast) is how he never actually mentions, as far as I can recall, what it is that blows his gasket so, either. We're just left to wonder in horrified curiosity about what Lovecraftian horror he has for a mother-in-law.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

3am update because why not.

By the time I finished closing up the barns and milking, the lady had already told her parents to :getout:. But, she's still going to be hanging out with them this weekend because :psyduck:. So now I'm figuring out last minute plans to stay scarce, as I don't have much else to do this weekend.

Maybe I'll go fishing.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

I love following thanks giving in GWS.

Best season!

GWS'ers in impotent rage about foods done wrong, sliding slowly into a mildly intoxicated apathy, ending up with Whisky dicking their significant others in while trying to metaphorically sticking it to their in-laws.

Also... The Dino episode of 'What??? No meats?' is classic.

I love this season!

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Casu Marzu posted:

3am update because why not.

By the time I finished closing up the barns and milking, the lady had already told her parents to :getout:. But, she's still going to be hanging out with them this weekend because :psyduck:. So now I'm figuring out last minute plans to stay scarce, as I don't have much else to do this weekend.

Maybe I'll go fishing.
Good for her. You'll figure something out. Go and attend to the drainage in the lower field.

vvvv. That's awesome.

therattle fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Oct 6, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Also, while out eating I met one of my former employees, the first one I fired.

He came up to me, shook my hand, and told me that he was happy in his new job, that it suited him, and said that he was glad to see me. He then progressed to tell me that he knew it was important to me to know this.

Best drat firering ever!