Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
If you've ever been to Bristol, Tennessee you may have heard of Rt. 421, or The Snake as it's called. It's basically a lesser known Tail of the Dragon. It is a very loving fun and dangerous road. It travels over 2 mountains and through a valley in between. In the middle of the valley is a 4 way intersection with a store, The Snake Shop. They sell fuel (Snake Venom, the grades are snake themed as well) and have a room devoted to pictures and pieces of bikes/cars that couldn't hack it. It's a really awesome little place in the middle of an absolutely beautiful area. Anyway, they have this parked out front.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Motronic posted:

Anime? Seriously?

Apologies. I forgot about that rule.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Sploosh

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Oct 5, 2012

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

88h88 posted:

Apologies. I forgot about that rule.

To be fair, Akira is a legit good movie that has achieved popularity outside of nerd circles.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
One more

Let it sink in.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Crank driven, front mount superchargers with reversed cylinder heads were almost a thing back then. The superchargers more so.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Preoptopus posted:

One more

Let it sink in.

:confused:

VikingSkull posted:

Crank driven, front mount superchargers with reversed cylinder heads were almost a thing back then. The superchargers more so.

Got it.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

Do you by chance have these in wallpaper size? Thank you for the pretty pictures.

Muy
Dec 11, 2005
MuyBurrito

Korwen posted:

Do you by chance have these in wallpaper size? Thank you for the pretty pictures.

This is the largest I could find.

I would be able to enlarge it, clean it up a bit, and remove the watermark, but it wouldn't look at good as the original photo.

Can you name every vehicle?

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

I'd unironically drive this Zonda, graphics intact.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Muy posted:

This is the largest I could find.

I would be able to enlarge it, clean it up a bit, and remove the watermark, but it wouldn't look at good as the original photo.

Can you name every vehicle?

Left to right, Lamborghini Murcielago LP-670, McLaren Merc 622, Rolls Drophead, Panamera Turbo, Koenigsegg Agera, Ferrari 458, Maserati Gran Turismo Stradale/special model thingy and an Aventador.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I passed a bunch of those cars on my way back from Vegas around like June 10th or something this year. There was also a Veyron in the group.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

I wish it said "Sprinter Previa" in the same font instead, but that's nitpicking. I need to own one of these vans someday, but finding them in decent condition, let alone not rusting into a fine powder, is near impossible in the north.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Hahaha...holy poo poo yes.

I was trying to figure out what the hell that was scrolling down through the pictures then started laughing at the fourth one down. It's kind of ricey but well look at my user name :v:

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Das Volk posted:

Left to right, Lamborghini Murcielago LP-670, McLaren Merc 622, Rolls Drophead, Panamera Turbo, Koenigsegg Agera, Ferrari 458, Maserati Gran Turismo Stradale/special model thingy and an Aventador.

I think the Panamera Turbo is actually the Gemballa what's-a-jigger version of it, no?

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

MiniFoo posted:

I need to own one of these vans someday, but finding them in decent condition, let alone not rusting into a fine powder, is near impossible in the north.

This is the most common car in the city of Los Angeles. Most of them are beat to hell, but they are everywhere and rust free! I usually count 13-15 each day on my way to and from work.

I ran across these one day this summer:

And these were right across the street:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
No picture, I'm afraid, but I just saw a guy street-parking in Knightsbridge, on a Friday night, in the pissing rain, in a Ferrari. F40.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
The most AI way to transport your smart fortwo?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

It's the best bang-for-the-buck performance mod. :rimshot:

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

BoostCreep posted:

This is the most common car in the city of Los Angeles. Most of them are beat to hell, but they are everywhere and rust free! I usually count 13-15 each day on my way to and from work.

Well poo poo. Next time I'm in California I'll pick one up for cheap (so never).

InitialDave posted:

No picture, I'm afraid, but I just saw a guy street-parking in Knightsbridge, on a Friday night, in the pissing rain, in a Ferrari. F40.

You should have called the cops. The guy was obviously trying to commit suicide.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Now, if you really wanted, you could get an M54 5-ton or M123A1C 10-ton, put a pickup in the back of that, and then put an experimental class airplane or smart car in the back of THAT. I suggest keeping an eye out for bridges and low telephone lines, however.

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

The most AI way to transport your smart fortwo?

I bet that would be fun to get into an accident with.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

kastein posted:

Now, if you really wanted, you could get an M54 5-ton or M123A1C 10-ton, put a pickup in the back of that, and then put an experimental class airplane or smart car in the back of THAT. I suggest keeping an eye out for bridges and low telephone lines, however.

Or do this (relevant):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smj6BceU0u0

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

BoostCreep posted:

They litter AZ as well. I've backed into no less than 2 of them. :v:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Speaking of that maserati up there, the one based off the (Enzo?) Does anyone have the picture someone posted last year of the timing gear setup off that engine?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Dr 14 INCH DICK Md posted:

Speaking of that maserati up there, the one based off the (Enzo?) Does anyone have the picture someone posted last year of the timing gear setup off that engine?

bunch more pics here.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.281140241930808.74445.234128699965296&type=3

edit:

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Dr 14 INCH DICK Md posted:

This one?

google turned that up on this page: http://www.luxury4play.com/supercars/92548-next-big-edo-competition-zr-project-maserati-mc12-3.html

E: whatever, mine's prettier. :colbert:

grover
Jan 23, 2002

PEW PEW PEW
:circlefap::circlefap::circlefap:
Saw this in London last weekend. Don't see many of these in the states.

Captain McAllister
May 24, 2001

^^ Resize that, you're breaking tables.

Edit: Nevermind, you fixed it!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress me, thats gorgeous. Ive been toying around making the center of a tattoo chestpiece along those lines, if I could find a head on timing gear set for a 917 thatd seal the deal.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
I've posted this SV1 before, but last time I saw it, it didn't have a Lotus Seven next to it

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

The engine bay of the LP-670 is signed by Valentino Balboni.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

neckbeard posted:

I've posted this SV1 before, but last time I saw it, it didn't have a Lotus Seven next to it

Why the hell is this dude parking those on the street :psyduck:

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

MiniFoo posted:

Why the hell is this dude parking those on the street :psyduck:

To show everyone how awesome he is?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

neckbeard posted:

This guy is AI as gently caress.

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE
Dec 28, 2000

ASK ME HOW TO GET FREE BEER!
(THE ANSWER IS "CHEATING GOONS OUT OF IT")

grover posted:

Saw this in London last weekend. Don't see many of these in the states.

:colbert:

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

BoostCreep posted:

I've always wondered if you could make a good chumpcar out of one of those since they're midengined.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

neckbeard posted:

Someone buy this guy a forums membership.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010

BoostCreep posted:

I was going to suggest this is because of 'Get Shorty' but I think that was a different van.